Text Message Fails [Texting Cliches that grind your gears]

Options

Comments

• king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I ? hate text already. And that stranger bs, I would'nt be one if the ? called or came by more often, I'm not thinking about you and why the ? you contacting me. And I hate broads I meet but you never have a phone or face to face, all text, foh, I'm a grown ass man.
  • NYCeeCee
    NYCeeCee Members Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    F&*% ALL THAT. Here's how adults do it.
    "Hey, how've you been? Good I hope. Listen, it's been a while. It'd be great to catch up, give me a call when you're free."

So, women really put themselves out there like that after not speaking for a while? ? I'm so glad I'm not single anymore. I've always had too much pride to initiate a conversation with something like the above, just for you to turn around and say something like "hey, I just got married...it'd be greatly appreciated if you don't hit me up anymore"....then I'm picking my face up off the floor. LOL! I'd rather say "hey, how are you?" first to feel you out....then we can go from there.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    i do it all the time.....
  • memphis2sacnicc
    memphis2sacnicc Members Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    NYCeeCee wrote: »
    So, women really put themselves out there like that after not speaking for a while? ? I'm so glad I'm not single anymore. I've always had too much pride to initiate a conversation with something like the above, just for you to turn around and say something like "hey, I just got married...it'd be greatly appreciated if you don't hit me up anymore"....then I'm picking my face up off the floor. LOL! I'd rather say "hey, how are you?" first to feel you out....then we can go from there.
    Most men are not gonna say that.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I send a text " Hey" all the time
  • king hassan
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Most men are not gonna say that.
    I will, ? em. This chic I aint talked to in 2 years hit me up on e-mail, I asked her what she want and she just said to say hi, I said for what? Never heard back from her
  • American.Loo
    American.Loo Members Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    NYCeeCee wrote: »

I see you're like most women, and you'd rather use the "put my toes in the pool to see how cold it is approach"

Trust me, usually that "Hey" means exactly what I wrote before.

I'd actually respect a woman more for coming at me like, "You crossed my mine, lets chat" over "Hey" like a scared baby.

And as far as marriage, ladies know Loo is the black Clooney.
  • American.Loo
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Had this chick who would hit me up every like 4 months talmbout

"Just checkin' on you.."

Hell that mean, you work for the Census Beraeu? You want to hook up, ma.

Dont insult my intelligence.
  • king hassan
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Had this chick who would hit me up every like 4 months talmbout

"Just checkin' on you.."

Hell that mean, you work for the Census Beraeu? You want to hook up, ma.

Dont insult my intelligence.
    That's that bs right there my dude. Call me, ? . I hate texting with a passion!
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Them one word text/response are the worst
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    HustleTree wrote: »
    "Hey Stranger"

? hate that one ...And 99% of the time the person knows damn well why we dont speak

This. ? this.
    Them one word text/response are the worst

This too.
  • ms.jones
    ms.jones Members Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Sure you did.

I can believe it...a guy hit me up the other day after not talking for months. He's hands down the best ? eater this side of the Mississippi. He did that "Hey Stranger" ? , and I asked him if he felt like having a meal my way. Came through, got my ? wet, and told him I had things to do that day.
  • American.Loo
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Moral of the story: You called. I know what you want. You know I want it. Stop acting reserved.
  • memphis2sacnicc
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ms.jones wrote: »
    I can believe it...a guy hit me up the other day after not talking for months. He's hands down the best ? eater this side of the Mississippi. He did that "Hey Stranger" ? , and I asked him if he felt like having a meal my way. Came through, got my ? wet, and told him I had things to do that day.
    Just curious how many inches around is yo ? ?
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Kat shutup and let me be great.

lol..wtf? I wasn't even talking to you..glad I caught your attention though. :)
  • American.Loo
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Hey Ms Jones, with all due respect

Could you post a new pic of your a** for us.

side profile, if yes.
  • NYCeeCee
    NYCeeCee Members Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I see you're like most women, and you'd rather use the "put my toes in the pool to see how cold it is approach"

Trust me, usually that "Hey" means exactly what I wrote before.

I'd actually respect a woman more for coming at me like, "You crossed my mine, lets chat" over "Hey" like a scared baby.

And as far as marriage, ladies know Loo is the black Clooney.

I guess in this respect, I am just like most women. I'm not accustomed to getting rejected. I've never been that aggressive when interested in a guy...and if I were interested, he'd pick up on it....vibes/telepathy, maybe? IMO, that's being ridiculously assumptive and that long example text was too much to say to someone you haven't spoken to in forever.
  • ms.jones
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Just curious how many inches around is yo ? ?

Hmmm...my measurements are 34-25-36...hope that's the answer you're looking for.
  • ms.jones
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Hey Ms Jones, with all due respect

Could you post a new pic of your a** for us.

side profile, if yes.

At work right now broseph, and they don't have full length mirrors in the bathroom.
  • Djunior
    Djunior Members Posts: 851
    edited November 2011
    Options

* Hi-Five *
  • memphis2sacnicc
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Hmmm...my measurements are 34-25-36...hope that's the answer you're looking for.
    Sounds good but like Loo said, we gonna need a pic when u get some free time.
  • goat334
    goat334 Members Posts: 3,604 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

You must not know bout me!!!!
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    texts that start at point z instead of point a then i gotta play 20 questions and work backwards
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    texts that start at point z instead of point a then i gotta play 20 questions and work backwards

im notorios for that ?

"? you im tired of this ? " as the first text lol
  • memphis2sacnicc
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I hate when someone texts me wit "hey" or "hi stranger" and their number is not saved in my phone. So I play along to see who it is without askin who is this.