Someone tell me why the hell we aren't going for D Howard right now???

Options
Ant4523
Ant4523 Members Posts: 805
edited December 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
The Nets are pursuing this guy huge and you know a few other teams have been mentioned. Why aren't the Lakers throwing Andrew Bynum and someone else in the mix for him? I guarantee you we get chip if we get D Howard with Kobe right now AND secures our future when Kobe leaves. Cmon son you know D Howard wants to play there.

Comments

• Ant4523
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I'd go ahead and drop off either Metta World Peace and big Andrew Bynum throw in some scrubs or draft picks and they're good. ? i'd even go as far as saying they should trade LO. We need that chip man for reals
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    What makes you think they aren't going after him? Because it isn't reported? Lmao..

A whole lot is going behind the scenes right now that isn't available to the public immediately.
  • Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    It dont matter! The West is KDs conference.
  • Ant4523
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ay man I just want my team to win that's all lol ? there's no time son time is now us Laker fans need titles constantly mayn
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    What makes you think they aren't going after him? Because it isn't reported? Lmao..

A whole lot is going behind the scenes right now that isn't available to the public immediately.

This .. teams are wheeling and dealing.. on some backchannel ? .. especially given this abbreviated period prior to the season
  • Ant4523
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Lol I knew this ? would come in here with this lol KD my boy and all but how you gon say it's someones conference when they never made it out the west not once? If anything it's Dirks conference this year....KD got next but not yet
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Lockout ended unofficially like 3 days ago , no trades can be made and ya'll hitting the ? out the panic button...

in just one day Chrs Paul got traded to the Lakers,Knicks,Celtics, and Thunder , Rajon Rondo got traded to the hornets and Thunder, Dwight Howard got traded to the Lakers and Nets

i mean .....
  • Mumo X
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Wil kobe accept to play 2nd fiddle? Maybe yall want a big man to carry kobe to his 6th ring and start those dumb MJ-kobe debates. Im glad KD aint gon allow that. U can get Howard or whoever but no squad is as talented as OKC.
  • Ant4523
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Talent don't win championships....word to Lebron ?
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Mumo X wrote: »
    Wil kobe accept to play 2nd fiddle? Maybe yall want a big man to carry kobe to his 6th ring and start those dumb MJ-kobe debates. Im glad KD aint gon allow that. U can get Howard or whoever but no squad is as talented as OKC.

The Same KD who couldnt even command the basketball from Westbrook and just let westbrook run wild in the playoffs with more shot attemtps ?? Sounds like he played 2nd fiddle to me
  • Mumo X
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ant4523 wrote: »
    Lol I knew this ? would come in here with this lol KD my boy and all but how you gon say it's someones conference when they never made it out the west not once? If anything it's Dirks conference this year....KD got next but not yet

what let down OKC in the WCF wuz inexperience. That game 4 meltdown against da Mavs wil never happen again. I mean, KD is comin back better than last season, Russ has been workin on his game, same as Ibaka and Harden and now we hav a healthy perk to protect the paint. ? , we ? loaded. Aint nobody touchn us, even if Lakers get howard. Our only threat is Miami.
  • coop9889
    edited November 2011
    Options

OKC having the most talent is very debatable.

And all the talent in the world doesn't always equal chips. Mavs weren't the most talented team..

And i don't think OKC will win a chip with Westbrook at the helm. Unless he matures and defers to KD more.
  • Ant4523
    edited November 2011
    Options
    If the Lakers were pushing THAT hard to make a trade for D Howard you would already hear it through the grapevine and through ESPN....cmon son the NETS? That franchise ain't even close to the Lakers and Celts. So the Celts mention one push for CP3 and it's on ESPN already...I'm tellin you man they ain't pursuin him like they should be or prolly not at all. They need to say ? this Bynum developing ? and ship that Mr Glass ?
  • coop9889
    edited November 2011
    Options
    If the Lakers were pushing THAT hard to make a trade for D Howard you would already hear it through the grapevine and through ESPN....cmon son the NETS? That franchise ain't even close to the Lakers and Celts. So the Celts mention one push for CP3 and it's on ESPN already...I'm tellin you man they ain't pursuin him like they should be or prolly not at all. They need to say ? this Bynum developing ? and ship that Mr Glass ?

You're just misguided.

Not everything runs through ESPN.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited November 2011
    Options

You aint been hearing that on TV for the Last year ????? Where u been?? ...
  • playmaker88
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The Same KD who couldnt even command the basketball from Westbrook and just let westbrook run wild in the playoffs with more shot attemtps ?? Sounds like he played 2nd fiddle to me

You couldnt possibly be talking about the same Kd that had harden doin the "Leadering" in the huddles
  • Ant4523
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Na ? your multiple threats is a point guard who thinks he's a shooting guard...word to Stephen Marbury and the Lakers coming back strong. Miami still gotta get through Chicago AND Boston if they get CP3.....u think Chicago ain't gonna beast with a healthy Booz? That ? was out the whole year and they still beasted. But for reals...Westbrook is gona be the downfall of y'all team you already can tell him and Durant be arguin about ?
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I remember the nets went hard for as well and we know how that turned out
  • Ant4523
    edited November 2011
    Options
    When have you once heard a PROPOSED trade with pieces and all that ? like they just reported with the Nets? Not once...
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I think the lakers should wait to sign him next year and go after chris Paul we need a point guard more then anything right now
  • Mumo X
    edited November 2011
    Options

And all the talent in the world doesn't always equal chips. Mavs weren't the most talented team..

And i don't think OKC will win a chip with Westbrook at the helm. Unless he matures and defers to KD more.

then who got better talent than Thunder? Im waitin. We got the best shot blocker, a top 5 player in da league, a top 5 pg in da league. Then we have the Beard and Perk. That squad is scary. As for Westbrook, presti and the management wil monitor his game early in the season and see if he is ready to play 2nd fiddle to KD. If not here comes CP3. But im sure Russ wil improve his decision makin and come december 10 presti should hand him a max contract. Okc is nuthn without RW but its KDs team.
  • Ant4523
    edited November 2011
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    If the Lakers get Dwight.. They automatically become the favorite.. Especially if they can keep Pau... Or Lamar...

If they manage to keep Pau AND have D Howard it literally is a wrap ? is done finito
  • coop9889
    edited November 2011
    Options
    then who got better talent than Thunder? Im waitin. We got the best shot blocker, a top 5 player in da league, a top 5 pg in da league. Then we have the Beard and Perk. That squad is scary. As for Westbrook, presti and the management wil monitor his game early in the season and see if he is ready to play 2nd fiddle to KD. If not here comes CP3. But im sure Russ wil improve his decision makin and come december 10 presti should hand him a max contract. Okc is nuthn without RW but its KDs team.

I'll just compare them to the Lakers, if they get Dwight, since you said they still wouldn't be on the Thunder's level...

Dwight is the best shot blocker.
    Kobe and Dwight are arguably top 5.
    Westbrook > Fisher i'll give you that lol.
    Also Ron, Pau, Bynum, Shannon Brown, Odom (2 will probably be out, but still)

A squad of Fisher, Kobe, Odom or Artest, Pau, Dwight w/ Shannon off the bench is better than anything OKC can put up.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

Without Rus they not a dominant team bruh. They good

Without all his points and assist I don't think they make it to the playoffs.

Plus he's one of the top defenders and rebounders at his position.
  • playmaker88
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Without Rus they not a dominant team bruh. They good

Without all his points and assist I don't think they make it to the playoffs.

Plus he's one of the top defenders and rebounders at his position.

agreed for all the jackin and not finishing close to the basket how he should.. hes a key cog to their success and is as good as everyones favorite new phenom in a lot of respects.. but they wont hear me.(talent wise)