Someone tell me why the hell we aren't going for D Howard right now???

Options

Comments

• coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Without Rus they not a dominant team bruh. They good

Without all his points and assist I don't think they make it to the playoffs.

Plus he's one of the top defenders and rebounders at his position.

I completely agree. He's a great player. He's a poor man's D Rose.

My thing he's he's trying to be the #1 option when it doesn't benefit the team. Not to mention he's immature.
  • Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The Same KD who couldnt even command the basketball from Westbrook and just let westbrook run wild in the playoffs with more shot attemtps ?? Sounds like he played 2nd fiddle to me

best believe me kid! Trust me, KD wil DEMAND the rock in crunch time this season. Last season he wuz on that Mr. Nice guy BS --- That aint happenin again. Dont be fool'd that KD wil come back the same player he wuz last season.
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    lakers have no shot to get howard, they dont have the pieces for a trade. the magic dont want bad contracts back they want to get rid of them
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    agreed for all the jackin and not finishing close to the basket how he should.. hes a key cog to their success and is as good as everyones favorite new phenom in a lot of respects.. but they wont hear me.(talent wise)

That ? do be jacking Lmao.

He miss a lot of layups, but he's top 5 in free throws attempted every year, that ? has value in a close game.

To me him and Rose is the same player except he shoots better.
  • coop9889
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Mumo X wrote: »
    best believe me kid! Trust me, KD wil DEMAND the rock in crunch time this season. Last season he wuz on that Mr. Nice guy BS --- That aint happenin again. Dont be fool'd that KD wil come back the same player he wuz last season.

You act as if you know this ? personally. How do you know he won't be the same passive KD... That's his personality dude.

Aint you the same ? that said Josh Freeman is one of the best in the league and the Bucs would be great/playoff team this year?

You be talkin out ur ass man
  • Ant4523
    Ant4523 Members Posts: 805
    edited November 2011
    Options
    cbssports reported yesterday the lakers were goin after howard and chris paul

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/33582541

This ? makes me more optimistic....but I gotta see this ? on ESPN though so you know they really pushin that ?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    That ? do be jacking Lmao.

He miss a lot of layups, but he's top 5 in free throws attempted every year, that ? has value in a close game.

To me him and Rose is the same player except he shoots better.

Wholeheartedly agree.. they both need to work on their PG sense but yah rose is the better finisher Westbrook is the better shooter
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ant4523 wrote: »
    If they manage to keep Pau AND have D Howard it literally is a wrap ? is done finito

you mean the same Pau from the playoffs earlier this year?
  • Ant4523
    edited November 2011
    Options
    TheIraq wrote: »
    you mean the same Pau from the playoffs earlier this year?

Yup....and the same one that beasted in the two years the Lakers took that chip. Let him be soft but still get 18 and 10 Howard will do tha rest
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Yup....and the same one that beasted in the two years the Lakers took that chip. Let him be soft but still get 18 and 10 Howard will do tha rest

Im not saying that Gasol is old but you do understand that as players get older their skills begin to regress right? Two years ago was two years ago
  • coop9889
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Im not saying that Gasol is old but you do understand that as players get older their skills begin to regress right? Two years ago was two years ago

Gasol wont have to do much with Dwight in the paint with him
  • Ant4523
    edited November 2011
    Options

So you're telling me that 1. He's old as hell now (31) so he can't do what he did two years ago or even last year when people said he was wack which he definitley was but still put up 15 and 9. Or that 2. Getting D Howard and Gasol playing better or at the same level he played at last year won't matter because Howards stats will make up for all of that AND more? What i'm saying is...it doesn't matter that he played weak last year or that he may drop off or play better this year. Because with Dwight in the middle it will just be more water under the bridge. I'd take a combo of Howard and Pau rather than Pau and Bynum any day of the week
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

I agree Gasol will be able to be his soft self and still produce while howard does the ? work.
  • Ant4523
    edited November 2011
    Options
    wmj710 wrote: »
    I agree Gasol will be able to be his soft self and still produce while howard does the ? work.

Right? Let him go Drake in the paint but D Howard will make up for it so it's all good
  • Ant4523
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Lakers still so wack at point guard though....super garbage
  • Ant4523
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The lakers do not need dwight howard I dont know why ya'll are fixated on that

You need chris paul,lakers have the pieces to acquire paul that should be who they're going after

No more triangle offense makes paul a priority

You'd lose either odom & artest or gasol

Lakers would still have the mid level exception to sign a sf and still can sign a vet like grant hill

I gotta agree with that Paul is a smarter choice but if you CAN get D Howard and not give up Pau for it I would do that trade.....Bynum got so much potential but he gotta go...he got Shaun Livingston legs
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Lakers still so wack at point guard though....super garbage

Yeah we have been for years now it finally bit us in the ass last year
  • Mumo X
    edited November 2011
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    I'll just compare them to the Lakers, if they get Dwight, since you said they still wouldn't be on the Thunder's level...

Dwight is the best shot blocker.
    Kobe and Dwight are arguably top 5.
    Westbrook > Fisher i'll give you that lol.
    Also Ron, Pau, Bynum, Shannon Brown, Odom (2 will probably be out, but still)

A squad of Fisher, Kobe, Odom or Artest, Pau, Dwight w/ Shannon off the bench is better than anything OKC can put up.

Ok, lets say LA get Howard. Then u got kobe,Metta,dwight,fisher & Pau. Mind you 4 of those starters are on the decline. Then u got Harden who can hold his own against Kobe( i aint sayin he on Kobes level btw), Russ wil clown fisher, at this point Metta is jus a gimick-- KD wil own him. The duo of Dwight & Pau should giv our frontcourt problems but Perk and Ibaka can handle anythn thrown at them. Okc sweeps lakers, meets Heat and wins da chip
    I completely agree. He's a great player. He's a poor man's D Rose.

My thing he's he's trying to be the #1 option when it doesn't benefit the team. Not to mention he's immature.

lol @ Russ being a poor mans d.rose when they numbers are almost similar. Did u forget to tel us that Russ is a better defender and rebounder? What bout steals? Russ is Rose equal imo but the difference is one plays in a larget market hence being constantly overhypd by the espn machine(? michael wilbon). And i read somewhere today that they hav the Bulls ahead of Okc when it comes to favorites to win a chip this season. Smh
  • Ant4523
    edited November 2011
    Options
    wmj710 wrote: »
    Yeah we have been for years now it finally bit us in the ass last year

They got a shot at Paul now unless he on some Melo ? where it's NY or ? y'all. Cuz he just said he ain't gonna sign with Boston if he ain't gonna sign with Boston what makes me think he'll sign with us? Kobe 33
  • coop9889
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Mumo X wrote: »
    Ok, lets say LA get Howard. Then u got kobe,Metta,dwight,fisher & Pau. Mind you 4 of those starters are on the decline. Then u got Harden who can hold his own against Kobe( i aint sayin he on Kobes level btw), Russ wil clown fisher, at this point Metta is jus a gimick-- KD wil own him. The duo of Dwight & Pau should giv our frontcourt problems but Perk and Ibaka can handle anythn thrown at them. Okc sweeps lakers, meets Heat and wins da chip

lol @ Russ being a poor mans d.rose when they numbers are almost similar. Did u forget to tel us that Russ is a better defender and rebounder? What bout steals? Russ is Rose equal imo but the difference is one plays in a larget market hence being constantly overhypd by the espn machine(? michael wilbon). And i read somewhere today that they hav the Bulls ahead of Okc when it comes to favorites to win a chip this season. Smh

We can go back and forth all day between OKC and LA, but fact of the matter is, I'm not a fan of either team, and could really care less who goes all the way in the west. I believe if the Lakers get Dwight OR CP, they would be right up with the Heat as favorites to win it all. Period.

And Westbrook is great, but is not D Rose. And how are the bulls overhyped when they had the best record in the east and went to the east finals?
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    cbssports reported yesterday the lakers were goin after howard and chris paul

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/33582541

? we greedy as ?
  • Ant4523
    edited November 2011
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    ? we greedy as ?

Good..? those other teams those chips belong to us...no one else
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I think while we need a pg going on 17 years.. Howard would be a great choice.. It would be a great transition from the Kobe to the Howard era,, He is the ultimate anchor on the defensive end.. he has his limitations offensively but we also have alot of ppl that can get him the ball as well.. @ times the magic looked clueless on how to throw a pass inside.. or didnt want too. ? cant go wrong with either or to tell you the truth.. The offense would definitely have greater flow and place kobe in the scorer position instead of having to make every play for himself and others..
  • Mumo X
    edited November 2011
    Options
    You act as if you know this ? personally. How do you know he won't be the same passive KD... That's his personality dude.

Aint you the same ? that said Josh Freeman is one of the best in the league and the Bucs would be great/playoff team this year?

You be talkin out ur ass man

Nope, i dint say the Bucs would make the playoffs. Im on record as sayin theyl prolly take a step back and finish 8-8 this season and am i glad that there is a possibility we'll finish the season wit even a worse record than that. Why do i say that? Cuz its time we sorround Freeman wit weapons and that kid Blackmon would make our offense unstoppable. As regards Freeman, did you know he wil hav thrown for 50TDs and 10,000 yards before his 24th bday? I stil stand by my claim that he wil be an elite QB by the time he's 25. He has a questionable playcaller, weak O-line, no playmakers on offense, the lockout musta had an effect etc so giv him time. Back to KD. He reminds me of the likes of hakeem,duncan. KD wont jus sit back and let that ? that happened in game 4 against the mavs repeat itself. U think Bron wil always choke in da finals? These dudes come back wit a vegeance.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Why would Otis Smith pick up another ? in Bynum, when he can get a healthy Brooke Lopez and first round picks. I swear you Lakers fans have the most thwarted perception of yourself, ya'll feel people should bow down all for the Lakers.

I doubt Howard goes to the Lakers, Kobe is on the backside of his career of this point.