Someone tell me why the hell we aren't going for D Howard right now???

Options

Comments

• b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ant4523 wrote: »
    Good..? those other teams those chips belong to us...no one else

lmao. im sayin tho... both?

gotta leave some competition
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Why would Otis Smith pick up another ? in Bynum, when he can get a healthy Brooke Lopez and first round picks. I swear you Lakers fans have the most thwarted perception of yourself, ya'll feel people should bow down all for the Lakers.

I doubt Howard goes to the Lakers, Kobe is on the backside of his career of this point.

you a team lebron bandwagon jumper. you dont have room to talk about a fanbase
  • Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    And how are the bulls overhyped when they had the best record in the east and went to the east finals?

as currently assembled them Bulls aint a threat to Okc or Heat, and theyl never be. Bron designd the blueprint to stop bulls -- play hard D on Rose and its a wrap. Bulls are a top 5 team but they wil never be in the same level as Heat or Okc.
    And Westbrook is great, but is not D Rose.

the stats say otherwise
  • Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    And how are the bulls overhyped when they had the best record in the east and went to the east finals?

as currently assembled them Bulls aint a threat to Okc or Heat, and theyl never be. Bron designd the blueprint to stop bulls -- play hard D on Rose and its a wrap. Bulls are a top 5 team but they wil never be in the same level as Heat or Okc.
    And Westbrook is great, but is not D Rose.

the stats say otherwise
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Bbraze dont even bother
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Gasol wont have to do much with Dwight in the paint with him

Howard isnt an offensive beast

So you're telling me that 1. He's old as hell now (31) so he can't do what he did two years ago or even last year when people said he was wack which he definitley was but still put up 15 and 9. Or that 2. Getting D Howard and Gasol playing better or at the same level he played at last year won't matter because Howards stats will make up for all of that AND more? What i'm saying is...it doesn't matter that he played weak last year or that he may drop off or play better this year. Because with Dwight in the middle it will just be more water under the bridge. I'd take a combo of Howard and Pau rather than Pau and Bynum any day of the week

Do you read ? ? I just said he wasnt old.. Again Howard isnt an offensive beast so they will need points in the paint from somewhere
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    TheIraq wrote: »

Do you read ? ? I just said he wasnt old.. Again Howard isnt an offensive beast so they will need points in the paint from somewhere

Bruh Howard still averaged 23 points on 13 attempts. 23 points is a an offensive force I'd say. That's more than Pau ever averaged, and Pau averaged slightly more attempts last year.
  • Ant4523
    Ant4523 Members Posts: 805
    edited November 2011
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    lmao. im sayin tho... both?

gotta leave some competition

Lol nawww ? that world endin next year anyway ? it
  • TheIraq
    edited November 2011
    Options
    So you're telling me that 1. He's old as hell now (31) so he can't do what he did two years ago or even last year when people said he was wack which he definitley was but still put up 15 and 9. Or that 2. Getting D Howard and Gasol playing better or at the same level he played at last year won't matter because Howards stats will make up for all of that AND more? What i'm saying is...it doesn't matter that he played weak last year or that he may drop off or play better this year. Because with Dwight in the middle it will just be more water under the bridge. I'd take a combo of Howard and Pau rather than Pau and Bynum any day of the week
    Bruh Howard still averaged 23 points on 13 attempts. 23 points is a an offensive force I'd say. That's more than Pau ever averaged, and Pau averaged slightly more attempts last year.

What are Dwight Howards strengths and weaknesses?
  • Ant4523
    edited November 2011
    Options

Lol you mad ? ? Either way we gon ? if we got the Spaniard and Superman so it's whatever take it how you want it
  • coop9889
    edited November 2011
    Options
    What are Dwight Howards strengths and weaknesses?

Strength = Rebounding, Size, Strength, Blocking

Weaknesses = Post Moves, Free throw Shooting

Doesn't mean he can't improve. Doesn't mean he won't be an offensive output. Dude, it's not like this guy is a Ben Wallace type defensive player. You average over 20 ppg.... that's more than suitable.
  • TheIraq
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Lol you mad ? ? Either way we gon ? if we got the Spaniard and Superman so it's whatever take it how you want it

Never mad lol all I'm sayin is Dwight Howard is not Superman and never will be and for him to be the only center in the league worth mentioning he needs to step his game up in the post then he'll offically be a beast until then...........................

• Ant4523
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Never mad lol all I'm sayin is Dwight Howard is not Superman and never will be and for him to be the only center in the league worth mentioning he needs to step his game up in the post then he'll offically be a beast until then...........................

Lol I feel u doe my girl been sayin that ? post game is in major distress but Howard a beast especially since there ain't no one to contest ? would be a mad upgrade for us so i'm with it u know
  • TheIraq
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Strength = Rebounding, Size, Strength, Blocking

Weaknesses = Post Moves, Free throw Shooting

Doesn't mean he can't improve. Doesn't mean he won't be an offensive output. Dude, it's not like this guy is a Ben Wallace type defensive player. You average over 20 ppg.... that's more than suitable.

I'm not saying he can't improve all Im saying is that he's not an offensive beast lol
  • coop9889
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I'm not saying he can't improve all Im saying is that he's not an offensive beast lol

But what center is?

As far as centers, last year he was #1 in PPG, #1 in off reb, #2 in fg %, #6 in assists.

So... come on, he's one of the best centers in the league offensively too, if we are going by stats.

And this isn't a matter of comparing him to players in NBA history, that's completely irrelevant to this discussion. lmao..
  • TheIraq
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Lol I feel u doe my girl been sayin that ? post game is in major distress but Howard a beast especially since there ain't no one to contest ? would be a mad upgrade for us so i'm with it u know

? the Lakers and ? Kobe he will never be MJ no matter how many rings the Lakers buy him now Im mad LOL... Real ? though I see it as a good addition for that transition when Kobe retires though... If they got D Howard they wont really have to start over like that when Kobes done... Whats up with them gettin Chris Paul though
  • TheIraq
    edited November 2011
    Options
    But what center is?

As far as centers, last year he was #1 in PPG, #1 in off reb, #2 in fg %, #6 in assists.

So... come on, he's one of the best centers in the league offensively too, if we are going by stats.

And this isn't a matter of comparing him to players in NBA history, that's completely irrelevant to this discussion. lmao..

I can only think of 5 centers including D Howard right now... And its not about comparing him to other centers in NBA history what I'm saying if for his size and the lack of centers in the league today he should be goon offensively... Who are your 10 ten centers in the league? and dont name no power forwards trying to play center
  • coop9889
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I can only think of 5 centers including D Howard right now... And its not about comparing him to other centers in NBA history what I'm saying if for his size and the lack of centers in the league today he should be goon offensively... Who are your 10 ten centers in the league? and dont name no power forwards trying to play center

It doesn't matter who I think are top 10, I think D Howard is the best. Matter of fact, I think he's the best offensively too. He's the best "offensive beast" center in the league.

Prove me wrong.
  • TheIraq
    edited November 2011
    Options
    It doesn't matter who I think are top 10, I think D Howard is the best. Matter of fact, I think he's the best offensively too. He's the best "offensive beast" center in the league.
    Prove me wrong.

PLAYER NAME, TEAM NAME GP MPG PTS FGM-FGA FG% 3PM-3PA 3P% FTM-FTA FT%
    1 Dwight Howard , ORL 78 37.5 22.9 7.9-13.4 .593 .0-.1 .000 7.0-11.7 .596

2 Andrea Bargnani , TOR 66 35.7 21.4 8.0-17.8 .448 1.2-3.4 .345 4.3-5.3 .820

3 Brook Lopez , NJN 82 35.2 20.4 7.9-16.0 .492 .0-.0 .000 4.7-6.0 .787

The best offensive center in the league by default and not even by much but a beast REALLY? And those are only the top 3 centers in the league... Check out how watered down the center position is
  • coop9889
    edited November 2011
    Options
    PLAYER NAME, TEAM NAME GP MPG PTS FGM-FGA FG% 3PM-3PA 3P% FTM-FTA FT%
    1 Dwight Howard , ORL 78 37.5 22.9 7.9-13.4 .593 .0-.1 .000 7.0-11.7 .596

2 Andrea Bargnani , TOR 66 35.7 21.4 8.0-17.8 .448 1.2-3.4 .345 4.3-5.3 .820

3 Brook Lopez , NJN 82 35.2 20.4 7.9-16.0 .492 .0-.0 .000 4.7-6.0 .787

The best offensive center in the league by default and not even by much but a beast REALLY?

Out of all the centers, yes. And that's all this discussion is about.
  • TheIraq
    edited November 2011
    Options

So he's a 1.5 points better than Bargnani offensively and he's an offensive beast... GTFOH lol
  • TheIraq
    edited November 2011
    Options

And Bargnani doesn't even play the post like that either if at all
  • coop9889
    edited November 2011
    Options
    So he's a 1.5 points better than Bargnani offensively and he's an offensive beast... GTFOH lol

Soooo are you're gonna do is focus on the points? He also averages 4 off rebounds. Pretty beasty.

But him being a beast isn't the point.

My original point was that Gasol wouldn't have to do much with Dwight in the paint with him. You said he's not an offensive beast. I proceed to prove there is no better center offensively.

Case closed.
  • TheIraq
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Soooo are you're gonna do is focus on the points? He also averages 4 off rebounds. Pretty beasty.

But him being a beast isn't the point.

My original point was that Gasol wouldn't have to do much with Dwight in the paint with him. You said he's not an offensive beast. I proceed to prove there is no better center offensively.

Case closed.

My whole point in this thread was about his offensive so what are you talking about?
  • coop9889
    edited November 2011
    Options
    My whole point in this thread was about his offensive so what are you talking about?

I just explained it. If you don't get it, you don't get it.

No biggie..