ImSoReal Members Posts: 2,009
edited December 2011 in Fashion Forward
speak on it

Comments

• Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I recommend the Carhartt thermals with the fleece lining. With a winter coat, gloves, and a beanie you're walking around like it's 65 degrees outside. I have three pair of the following colors:

K208BLK?$144x174$

PAAAIABLNPILOJEKt.jpg

Unfortunately Carhartt only has cream and black. I have to ? with other companies for different colors. I'm kinda ? with my thermals. I need them in different colors as to match my outfits.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I got UA cold gear, its really effective, but its not the most comfortable to wear around all day. I got some offbrand stuff like it that isn't as effective but its more comfortable. Alot of times I just wear a pair of pajama pants underneath my jeans if I know I'm gonna have to do alot of walking around outside.

For hunting though, when I gotta be outside in all the elemnts I always wear the UA cold gear and double up with pajama pants under my jeans.
  • Maximus Rex
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    I got UA cold gear, its really effective, but its not the most comfortable to wear around all day. I got some offbrand stuff like it that isn't as effective but its more comfortable. A lot of times I just wear a pair of pajama pants underneath my jeans if I know I'm gonna have to do alot of walking around outside.

For hunting though, when I gotta be outside in all the elemnts I always wear the UA cold gear and double up with pajama pants under my jeans.

Try the Carhartt heavy duty thermals. Remember Carhartt makes work clothes and their ? is designed for muthafuckas who are going to be in the elements. I also recommended Wigwam socks, their compreable the Carhartt socks, but cheapers.
  • birdcallaveli
    birdcallaveli Members Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i stay rocking under armor.
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    So these shyts is better than long johns?... Matter of fact, i got some military issue thermals that i never wore
  • yogirlsxman
    yogirlsxman Banned Users Posts: 499
    edited December 2011
    Options
    So these shyts is better than long johns?... Matter of fact, i got some military issue thermals that i never wore

Please not the Poly-pro. I always throw those away.
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    please not the poly-pro. I always throw those away.

im not sure, ill have to find em... I got some more from the military and them shyts are ugly but they keep you superwarm!
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    never knew there was even a demand for different types of thermals....i got thermal tops i wear under my t's sometimes but thats it....i aint workin outside no more tho so it really dont matter....if im cold i cut the damn heat on
  • Will Munny
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Try the Carhartt heavy duty thermals. Remember Carhartt makes work clothes and their ? is designed for muthafuckas who are going to be in the elements. I also recommended Wigwam socks, their compreable the Carhartt socks, but cheapers.

Yooo I got them wigwam socks, them things are the ? . I got smartwool socks too, they are expensive but they are really nice.

I checked out the Carhartt thermals I'm thinking about getting a pair. Not sure if I want the heavy duty cotton ones or the meduim duty polyster ones.

If you live up this far north, and you have to walk a long ways to get to class like I used too, sometimes you even gotta wear boots and ? cause there's 6 inches of snow on the ground and thermals are almost a requirement.
  • Maximus Rex
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    I checked out the Carhartt thermals I'm thinking about getting a pair. Not sure if I want the heavy duty cotton ones or the meduim duty polyster ones.

The Carhartts are expensive, ($50 for tops and bottoms,) here's what you need to ask yourself about the Carhartts:

1) In the wintertime, is the average temperature in around freezing?

2) How high is your tolerance to the cold?

3) Do you spend a lot of time in the cold?

The Carhartts have a a fleece lining on the inside of the heay duty ones. To tell the truth for places like NYC and Philly, you really don't need Carthartt gear if your tolerance for the cold is high. Being that I don't ? with the cold and I tend to ? when I am cold, I tend to get the heavy duty ? . After all, if you get too hot, you can always take things off. Say it's going to snow or the forcast is for an afternoon high for 30 degrees with the wind chill making it feel like it's 20, this what I'll wear.

The Carhartt thermals

The Wigwam socks

A Carthartt hoodie

My DOD beanie. Dave's on 16th and 6th sells beanies that supplies the DOD. It's literally the best beanie I ever bought, it's made to DOD specs and is thick as ? . It's expensive though. It cost me $10.

MY FJ560 coat. I'm rotating that coat this year and I'm going to get this, thought I'm not feeling that ugly ass patch:

CANADA20GOOSE20EXPEDITION20PARKA204565M20NAVY20Down20Jackets.jpg

I will admit that Fat Joe (when he had his clothing line,) made a damn good coat.
  • I.B. Blackman
    I.B. Blackman Members Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    **Glad he lives in Cali post**
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I use Poly-pro when i snowboard them ? are warm as ? ...
  • Maximus Rex
    edited December 2011
    Options
    **Glad he lives in Cali post**

It snows and can get cold in CA. Actually it snows more in CA than it does in NYC.
  • marlou
    marlou Members Posts: 4
    edited December 2011
    Options
    it hit's me up'' like it?
  • clbenzlove
    clbenzlove Members Posts: 235
    edited December 2011
    Options
    ****No input live in Florida post****
  • Will Munny
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The Carhartts are expensive, ($50 for tops and bottoms,) here's what you need to ask yourself about the Carhartts:

1) In the wintertime, is the average temperature in around freezing?

2) How high is your tolerance to the cold?

3) Do you spend a lot of time in the cold?

The Carhartts have a a fleece lining on the inside of the heay duty ones. To tell the truth for places like NYC and Philly, you really don't need Carthartt gear if your tolerance for the cold is high. Being that I don't ? with the cold and I tend to ? when I am cold, I tend to get the heavy duty ? . After all, if you get too hot, you can always take things off. Say it's going to snow or the forcast is for an afternoon high for 30 degrees with the wind chill making it feel like it's 20, this what I'll wear.

The Carhartt thermals

The Wigwam socks

A Carthartt hoodie

My DOD beanie. Dave's on 16th and 6th sells beanies that supplies the DOD. It's literally the best beanie I ever bought, it's made to DOD specs and is thick as ? . It's expensive though. It cost me $10.

MY FJ560 coat. I'm rotating that coat this year and I'm going to get this, thought I'm not feeling that ugly ass patch:

CANADA20GOOSE20EXPEDITION20PARKA204565M20NAVY20Down20Jackets.jpg

I will admit that Fat Joe (when he had his clothing line,) made a damn good coat.

Damn, anything above the teens I don't wear thermals if I'm gonna be moving. I never get cold if I'm moving unless its negative temps, windchill included, but thats only if I'm not dressed for. If i'm gonna be outside and sitting still, I got like sweats and insulated ? all up on me. I hate being cold.

When dressing for cold, always remeber to LLD. Loose. Layers. Dry.