**Official SEC Championship Game Thread** SEC Fans!!!!

ya boi g
ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
Georgia vs LSU this Saturday at 4:00pm...................... Who you got?

Richt is 2-1 against Les Miles

Georgia and LSU are 1-1 against eachother in the SEC cahmpionshiop game. Both games were lopsided wins. 34-13 LSU in 03 / 34-14 in 05 Georgia.

LSU is entering the game 13 point favorites

I think the thing to watch will be how well both Defenses play. Especially since they kinda had a war of words this week....
Bulldogs outside linebacker Jarvis Jones seemed to touch a nerve in the Tigers’ camp on Monday when he told reporters he thought Georgia’s defense was “just as good as theirs, if not better.”

That comment quickly made its way to LSU players via Twitter, and was met with general disbelief. Wide receiver Russell Shephard retweeted the comment to teammates, adding, “Is this guy serious?” Fans of the nation’s No. 1-ranked team soon caught on and expressed incredulity.

That, in turn, got back to the Georgia camp, which felt disrespected.

“You don’t want to get into word battles,” junior linebacker Christian Robinson said, “but if they want to go and say things like [Shephard said], that’s the worst thing to do. There has been a lot of teams that go out there and run their mouth a lot and get beat.”

Of course, both defenses are very good. The Tigers enter Saturday’s game ranked No. 2 nationally in total defense while the Bulldogs are fifth. The two teams are comparable in virtually every defensive statistic. LSU’s work, however, has come against a higher-rated schedule.

LSU will be tasked with stopping more of a balanced offense this year from Georgia, and Georgia will be tasked with stopping LSU's run first offense.

Defense by the numbers

LSU Georgia

2 total def. 5

4 rushing 6 (Was 3rd until the played Georgia Techs Option last weekend)

3 pass eff. 4

2 scoring 10

6 passing 11

16 sacks 17

NCAA rankings

(And before someone comes in here and says Georgia didn't play anybody, I would like to remind you that Georgia/Bama played 5/6 of the same teams this year, plus Bama played Kent State, Georgia Southern and North Texas. And I don't hear anyone questioning their defense)

I know Im the only Georgia fan in the Cheap Seats so let the roast begin. I expect it to be better than expected but LSU is the better team. Georgia is young on both sides of the ball and mistake prone(LSU is some what young too, but has way more seniors playing). With that said I don't expect Georgia to win this game, but I wouldn't be surprised if we did. I've seen upsets happen like this in the SEC a lot. And this is a rivalry even though we don't play each other every year.

Comments