office politics..why are we forced to play it just to advance in the workforce?

Options
2nd chances
2nd chances Members Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
i mean a ? just want to do hs work and go home and be judged based on the work you do but it seems like the few years that im in the work force so far ..playing politics is more important than actually doing the work you're supposed to do..is this true in every 9-5 or im i just stuck with the short sticks in my jobs?..the ass kissing, the constant trying to be on the boss/supervisors good side in ways that have nothing to do with the job your'e ? , the ruthless cutthroat politic and strategy of your coworkers, racial politics...? is all making me jaded man...

if this is what i have to face for the rest of my career...good lord..........................someone tell me how to cope with this ? ..

i feel like its not my personality at all. a ? just wants to do job assigned and get a paycheck at the end of the month

Comments

• Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    its so true
    every job that ive advanced in was based on flirting and kissing ass
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Read some Karl Marx. The alienation of man from man. It's a consequence of capitalism.
  • Daddy_PeaceBuck$
    Daddy_PeaceBuck$ Members Posts: 203 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    It's at every job family so get used to it. I see it on a daily basis. The best thing you can do is just be yourself and take pride in what you do. Some bosses don't respect all that brown nosing anyway.
  • 2nd chances
    2nd chances Members Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    thats fkking depressing bruh..

i got a supervisor right now who i know doesnt like me because im not his "friend"..in that im not doing the whole buddy buddy kiss ass unnecessary ? that everyone else is doing..cuz i know for a fact its not my job performance..but because of his attitude towards me based on me not doing the whole fake politics ? ..its starting to affect me....dude goes out of his way to find SOMETHING and blow it up..? that is geniunely insignificant...im just like "dude do you really need a friend that badly" lol...

maybe i should quickly learn how to fake ? in the workplace though thats not my personality.....smh..im slowly feeling like a drone ..slowly being beaten and molded into what the 9-5 norms are.......:mad:
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I remember all the times I'd go into the office building of my jobs my jaw would drop. Politics my ass, that ? was like a reality show. I'd rather stay in the field than deal with ? like that.

No, not a reality show. That ? was more similar to AKA Donkey now that I think about it. Except they'd do it through emails and word of mouth.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Thats how it is...you either in with the boys or not...

I've seen peeps in the IT field who don't know jack ? about their job

But their ass kissing skills are phenomenal...straight up yes men

copping junior level positions without certs or training...just learning as they go...

Goes back to that saying

"It's not what you know, its who you know"
  • jek
    jek Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Me and my girl was just talkin about this earlier today. At her job it's people that got promoted that got hired way after her that don't even work better than her because she won't play the "kiss the boss and popular work people ass" game. It's like she there to work get her money and stay outta people business and the other co workers there to gossip and keep up mess

At my job its this one ? that' s not in management, he the same level as us be tryna snitch to the boss on ? if we 30 seconds late out the break room, if we don't have our right work boots n ? on. He think he gonna get promoted by reporting anything possible for and extra 75 cents an hour. I hate ? like that. People just tryna do they work n ? ....and this ? dipping around corners on some Sherlock Holmes ? , writing down ? on other co workers. This ? ass ? , he dunt got half the department wrote the ? up for stupid ? . Everybody wants to kick his ass but we at work so we can't there. Work' s a ? sometimes. Work politics make it harder than it needs to be
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    jek wrote: »
    Me and my girl was just talkin about this earlier today. At her job it's people that got promoted that got hired way after her that don't even work better than her because she won't play the "kiss the boss and popular work people ass" game. It's like she there to work get her money and stay outta people business and the other co workers there to gossip and keep up mess

At my job its this one ? that' s not in management, he the same level as us be tryna snitch to the boss on ? if we 30 seconds late out the break room, if we don't have our right work boots n ? on. He think he gonna get promoted by reporting anything possible for and extra 75 cents an hour. I hate ? like that. People just tryna do they work n ? ....and this ? dipping around corners on some Sherlock Holmes ? , writing down ? on other co workers. This ? ass ? , he dunt got half the department wrote the ? up for stupid ? . Everybody wants to kick his ass but we at work so we can't there. Work' s a ? sometimes. Work politics make it harder than it needs to be

I agree with all bolded. ? mugs being making that ? difficult...? lassie maphukas.

It's like they want you to do a jig and ? ...? I'm no Sammy Davis Jr. I'm not rolling with that whack ass rat pack

I do my job and I do it well...I don't bow down to kiss another grown man's ass just because he's my supervisor...

And its difficult when its necessary to bite my tongue...