Official Grammy Nominations Thread....

Options

Comments

• rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    LOL at ya'll thinking Nicki gonna win it, didn't you fools learn ? from Justin Beiber and Esperenza Spalding last year. Grammy's don't give a ? about your pop gimmicky, they tend to give it to real artist. They don't vote based on popularity

Exactly, Drake and Bieber got shocked as hell last year. This year will probably be no different. I'm not saying Nicki can't win, she has good stats this year but they will pull some tricky ish. I'm not saying Cole is a front runner but it's interesting he was even nominated when you think about it, his album dropped right in time for the deadline. Here's The Full List. Nicki got 3 Nomations. Drake got 3 Also 2 with "I'm on One" and 1 with Rhianna. Jay Got 3 with KanYe as "Otis" got 2 and "Watch The Thone" got 1. KanYe got 5 additional Nomations with "MBDTF" so he's nominated a total 8 times. But they robbed him on Album of the year nod.

http://www.grammy.com/nominees
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I member Kanye did that STate of the union type address right when MBDTF came out.

Every thing he said about the Grammy's was true
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    One thing for sure though, the Grammy's continue to show their disrespect for hiphop when it comes to album of the year. It's like they take baby steps in giving rap respect

Dude it's been 20 + years of rap/hiphop

They've taken no steps

They do it because they have to

Anyhoo

No surprises here except for the j. Cole nod
  • swishers&dank
    swishers&dank Members Posts: 189
    edited November 2011
    Options
    dark twisted was great album but as far as pop music it didnt have much impact..
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I thought MBDTF got nominated for album of the year?
  • rapmastermind
    edited November 2011
    Options
    lol at lasers getting a nomination............

Lupe Got 3 Nomations and already 1 win. He's been nominated a lot of times. Drake now has 9 Nominations, and maybe his crying might get him one but if it's one it's the one with Rhianna, don't think "I'm on one" is winning it.
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Lupe Got 3 Nomations and already 1 win. He's been nominated a lot of times. Drake now has 9 Nominations, and maybe his crying might get him one but if it's one it's the one with Rhianna, don't think "I'm on one" is winning it.

lasers was horrible though
  • rapmastermind
    edited November 2011
    Options
    dark twisted was great album but as far as pop music it didnt have much impact..

It was outside of Adele, the best reviewed album of last year. The fact is It should of been nominated. The Grammy have a horrible history of nominated Hip Hop albums in the Album of the Year catagory. Kanye crafted an amazing album on his 5th time of the bat. They did him ? . Sorry, there are 2 albums in there that are not better than MBDTF.
  • rapmastermind
    edited November 2011
    Options
    "Otis" cause of the sample in my opinion is the sleeper clearly. LOL @ "I need a Doctor" getting nominations when "Detox" still didn't come out, lol.
  • Kame
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ewbornrodeo ernest.baker
    The Grammy's don't care about rap people

dead..............
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    that will teach kanye dont start ? with 15 year old white girls. i bet you jay z or beyonce wont talk to the grammy comittee on his behalf. kanye played himself. he is just a rapper and drum programmer. a far cry from a real musician. ? mbdtf. being a uncle tom wont get you far in this world. these white folks aint worried about no ?
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Lol @ skrillex getting a nod

Now that deserves a kanye all caps why won't you let me be great rant

• Mvpbrodie93
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Didn't the beiber stans want to ? that chick that won the award over him last year?
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ewbornrodeo ernest.baker
    The Grammy's don't care about rap people

dead..............

lmaoooooooo
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    that will teach kanye dont start ? with 15 year old white girls. i bet you jay z or beyonce wont talk to the grammy comittee on his behalf. kanye played himself. he is just a rapper and drum programmer. a far cry from a real musician. ? mbdtf. being a uncle tom wont get you far in this world. these white folks aint worried about no ?

him and taylor are cool. y u mad still?
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Didn't the beiber stans want to ? that chick that won the award over him last year?

yea ? got real
  • kahhh-pri
    kahhh-pri Members Posts: 1,015 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Im so happy for Cole!!!! I doubt hes gonna win it but atleast he got a nomination.
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    this reply doesn't surprise me coming from a ? dude with a lady gaga avi...
  • swishers&dank
    swishers&dank Members Posts: 189
    edited November 2011
    Options
    It was outside of Adele, the best reviewed album of last year. The fact is It should of been nominated. The Grammy have a horrible history of nominated Hip Hop albums in the Album of the Year catagory. Kanye crafted an amazing album on his 5th time of the bat. They did him ? . Sorry, there are 2 albums in there that are not better than MBDTF.

jus sayin tho itz not even his best effort imo. graduation deserved a nod but im sure he didnt get 1 for that album either..
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited November 2011
    Options
    yea ? got real
    That's a dedicated fanbase lolz
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Lil wayne might just pull an upset and win every category hes nominated in.
  • Kame
    edited November 2011
    Options
    haute wrote: »
    Lol @ skrillex getting a nod

Now that deserves a kanye all caps why won't you let me be great rant

@kanyewest
    WHY WON'T YOU LET ME BE GREAT!
    MBDTF WAS THE VOICE OF A GENERATION
    YOUR GRANDKIDS WILL LOVE THIS ALBUM
    WHY DON'T THE GRAMMIES LET ME LIVE!!!
  • Kame
    edited November 2011
    Options
    jus sayin tho itz not even his best effort imo. graduation deserved a nod but im sure he didnt get 1 for that album either..

nah he got one for that one, same with lr and cd
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    him and taylor are cool. y u mad still?

yall the ? mad about to march on washington because so gayfish ? didnt get a grammy nod. he needs to step his music game up. only real musicians with natural born talent like Lady Gaga deserve grammies. not no ? from chicago who programs drums and rap. anybody can do that. just like you ? said in this thread "THIS YEAR THE GRAMMIES ARE ABOUT REAL MUSIC". yep yall right. MBDTF dont deserve to stand near a musical masterpiece like Born This Way. I cant wait until the grammies so they can awkwardly show the results of the non taped portion of the rap presentations. ? in paris and they going gorilla
  • siqnih da rapper
    siqnih da rapper Members Posts: 5,699 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Lil wayne might just pull an upset and win every category hes nominated in.

how is that a upset?????????????????