The Official ATP/WTA Tennis Thread

Options

Comments

• toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Ok, i ? give up. Off to watch the Ghana vs. Germany game.
  • pieman
    pieman Members Posts: 371
    edited June 2010
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    Ok, i ? give up. Off to watch the Ghana vs. Germany game.

You haven't missed much
    Catch ya in the wc thread
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    espn instant classic
  • toheeb27
    edited June 2010
    Options
    espn instant classic

Nothing Classic here bro. These Mfers are just throwing Aces after aces at each other. No great rallys, nothing. Still rooting for Isner though, i want the American to do well.
  • pieman
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Nothing Classic here bro. These Mfers are just throwing Aces after aces at each other. No great rallys, nothing. Still rooting for Isner though, i want the American to do well.

Yo toheeb whereabouts you from ?
  • toheeb27
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Born in Nigeria, grew up in England, been in the USA for about 10 years now.
  • pieman
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Born in Nigeria, grew up in England, been in the USA for about 10 years now.

lol damn
    whereabouts in england u grow up?
  • toheeb27
    edited June 2010
    Options
    pieman wrote: »
    lol damn
    whereabouts in england u grow up?

London. I dont remember much though, i was too young.
  • toheeb27
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I dont know if i should be disgusted by their lack of killer instinct and lack of ability to attack each others serve or Admire their Incredible physical and mental capacity and ability to dial up aces at command.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    9 and a half hours... seriously, they're gonna have to consider tie-breaks after this
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    them dudes still playing
  • toheeb27
    edited June 2010
    Options
    the match has been called between Isner and Mahut after the 118th game in the 5th set. Play suspended at 59-59 due to darkness. And it goes to day 3, this tennis match is insane.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Match suspended... I feel like I've been cheated! I wanted a result, damnit!
  • toheeb27
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Match suspended... I feel like I've been cheated! I wanted a result, damnit!

LMAO, i stopped watching that ? . Watching Ghana instead, Go BLACK STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Damn, crazy ? .
  • toheeb27
    edited June 2010
    Options
    These Mfers are back at it again. I hope one of them grows some ? and ends this ? .
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited June 2010
    Options
    this ? is crazy as hell, this 1 set is the longest MATCH in wimbledon history, thats bugged out lol.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    This ? is still going on? lol theyre doing it on purpose mane...
  • dj expanium
    dj expanium Confirm Email Posts: 3,581 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    This ? is still going on? lol theyre doing it on purpose mane...
    Naw, I think it's a battle of attrition as they say.
  • toheeb27
    edited June 2010
    Options
    FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited June 2010
    Options
  • toheeb27
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Damn, Isner can barely move in this match. Poor guy has no chance.
  • toheeb27
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I usually dont up this thread until the grand slams, but this is big news IMO

Federer to work with coach Annacone

By STEVEN WINE, AP Sports Writer 8 hours, 18 minutes ago

MIAMI (AP)—With his ranking on the decline, Roger Federer is working with coach Paul Annacone on a trial basis.

Annacone, an American, is the former coach of Pete Sampras. He also coached Marat Safin and Tim Henman, and is now the head coach of men’s tennis for Britain’s Lawn Tennis Association.

“I’ve been looking to add someone to my team, and I’ve decided to spend some days with Paul Annacone,” Federer said on his website Monday. “As Paul winds down his responsibilities working for the Lawn Tennis Association, we will explore our relationship through this test period. Paul will work alongside my existing team, and I am excited to learn from his experiences.”

In the past two months Federer has slipped to No. 3 in the ATP rankings, the first time since November 2003 he’s been that low. He trails No. 1 Rafael Nadal and No. 2 Novak Djokovic.

Federer has worked with coaches Darren Cahill, Jose Higueras and Tony Roche, but has also gone without a coach for extended stretches.

He’s scheduled to play his first tournament since Wimbledon beginning Aug. 9 in Toronto. He plans to play in Cincinnati the following week before heading to the U.S. Open, and may be accompanied by Annacone.

“They will take the necessary time to see if the relationship can work,” Federer’s agent, Tony Godsick, said in an e-mail. “I would assume that Paul, if he can work it in with his remaining responsibilities and schedule with the LTA, will join Roger for some of his upcoming summer hard court events in North America.”

Federer’s most recent title came in January at the Australian Open, his 16th Grand Slam championship. His record streak of reaching the semifinals at 23 consecutive major tournaments ended when he lost in the quarterfinals at the French Open.

At Wimbledon, he also lost in the quarterfinals following seven consecutive appearances in the final.

Federer topped the rankings earlier this year but was overtaken by Nadal after the French Open. That left Federer one week shy of tying Sampras’ career record of 286 total weeks at No. 1.
  • toheeb27
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Dude rarely works with coaches. Even when he does, it never last that long. Looks like he has come to the realization that he needs an outside voice to critique his play and help him make adjustments to continue to play at a high level.

His game is still there, but a lot of this young guys are catching up to him. He will need all the help he can get to say on top.
  • toheeb27
    edited September 2010
    Options