Student Loans...at what point do you quit? (girl in 97k worth of debt story)

13»

Comments

• American Loo VII 3D
    American Loo VII 3D Members Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    smh @ this chicks major.

thats her ? fault.

might as well had majored in slavery, cause basically she's an indentured servant
  • Hustlers Ambition$
    Hustlers Ambition$ Members Posts: 245
    edited June 2010
    smh @ this chicks major.

thats her ? fault.

might as well had majored in slavery, cause basically she's an indentured servant

lmao!!

Its really ridiculous. People need to get it together smh...
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Kimi wrote: »
    They go into one year increments, but you can leave anytime you want. It's a great thing to do if you're trying to make a lot of money in a short amount of time. The average contractor starts off at 84k tax free.

Damn...that ? sounds marvelous. Imma look into that. Appreciate the info.

*Hugs Kimi...Squeezes her butt & runs off*
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    They go into one year increments, but you can leave anytime you want. It's a great thing to do if you're trying to make a lot of money in a short amount of time. The average contractor starts off at 84k tax free.

factor in state taxes (depending where you claim residents) and since 08 medicare and social security

still a hellva pay day....rather month considering......5 weekers are best and most $$$$$

even still it's just not for everybody. Specially the weak of will and home sick lot
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    I doubt any branch will offer her a commission with that ? ass degree. And they wouldn't absorb all of that 97k

I don't think the type of degree matters, just as long as she has a bachelors.....

but she still ? in this case SMH
  • longmeat
    longmeat Members Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    I know a chick sittin on 90k, no degree, and is making prolly 7/hr lol
  • longmeat
    edited June 2010
    mrsoutcity wrote: »
    She needs to stack up on some more loans if she can and then file for chapter 11..

Student loans can't be dispelled in bankruptcy.
  • longmeat
    edited June 2010
    smh @ this chicks major.

Thats her ? fault.

lmao................
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    look at her ? majors. what...who...what she expect to make...and then why that ? cost so damn much?

womens studies? what the ? .
  • SoutCity
    SoutCity Members Posts: 1,901 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    longmeat wrote: »
    Student loans can't be dispelled in bankruptcy.

Well she ?
  • American Loo VII 3D
    edited June 2010
    I don't think the type of degree matters, just as long as she has a bachelors.....

but she still ? in this case SMH

the degree doesnt matter ONLY IF she is the type of person that has the drive to make it work for her.

but seeing as how her ? racked up so much debt, i'm guessing she wont make it work.
  • Maalik
    edited June 2010
    smh @ this chicks major.

thats her ? fault.

deon-richmond1.jpg
  • Maalik
    edited June 2010
    Damn, she couldn't last in Dubai?? Yeah like A.Mann said it's not for everybody. With most companys you will work 12 hours a day 7 days a week, and some people just can't cut it.

Next time you betta squeeze it hard, or don't touch it at all;)

Is that an invitation??? :rolleyes:
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    the degree doesnt matter ONLY IF she is the type of person that has the drive to make it work for her.

but seeing as how her ? racked up so much debt, i'm guessing she wont make it work.

I agree, but I was just talmbout from a military commission standpoint

the military doesn't care about what type of degree you have, more so they are focused on if you meet the minimum education requirements and that your degree came from a legitimate school

funny enough I knew this one cat from ghana, who was a doctor in switzerland, came to the states and joined the Army.

they told him he couldn't become an officer because his degree was from another country and didn't meet the accreditation(sp) requirements

cuzzo was literally a doc doing open-heart surgery and ? , and then his unit had nerve to ask why he wasn't going to reenlist for another tour LMAO
  • Rell Mayne
    Rell Mayne Members Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    ? college....yall blamein her when yall need to be blamein the system paying thousands of dolars for a worthless ass BA is lol
  • Wishbone Jones
    Wishbone Jones Members Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    she shoulda got high n got a train ran on,maybe her life would be better
  • American Loo VII 3D
    edited June 2010
    Rell Mayne wrote: »
    ? college....yall blamein her when yall need to be blamein the system paying thousands of dolars for a worthless ass BA is lol

college in beneficial if you do it right. i'm living proof.

after high school i was broke, living in NY with my dad. i smartened up and went to school.

i'm by no means rich, but im better off than i would have been. and if i keep advancing my skills, i can build on the foundation college gave me and advance my salary

the_more_you_know.jpg
  • longmeat
    edited June 2010
    mrsoutcity wrote: »
    Well she ?

Yep, that ? 's a law. And on top of that, private student loans can balloon to 20-30% interest rate. That's why no financial adviser's recommend private student loans. Before she know it they gonna be garnishing her paycheck trying to pay back 150k in student loans. Shorty gonna be broke forever.
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Maalik wrote: »
    deon-richmond1.jpg

lmao.......
  • 818dude
    818dude Members Posts: 34
    edited July 2010
    college in beneficial if you do it right. i'm living proof.

after high school i was broke, living in NY with my dad. i smartened up and went to school.

i'm by no means rich, but im better off than i would have been. and if i keep advancing my skills, i can build on the foundation college gave me and advance my salary

the_more_you_know.jpg

thank you for your great post... im a college kid right now, and i can tell u dat not many ppl r interested to b in da classrooms.... but they just don seem to understand why we all need a ? degree for...
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    When its all said and done I should be about 40k in student loans... plan on paying it off in 6-8 years.
  • TANGLUNG
    TANGLUNG Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    National Guard is paying for my tuition with federal and state tuition assistance plus G.I. Bill.