Options

Comments

• MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Huruma wrote: »
    Your opinion is wrong.

If you don't want to have an open relationship, you're free to not have one.

really cause what the threadstarter is saying is that he is not following their rules soooooo I don't see how I'm wrong in this situation

and my opinion is my opinion ... if you wanna have a realationship like that go for it but don't complain when it goes sour
  • MsSouthern
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Your post came off as being about open relationships in general being glorified cheating and not just talking about this case.

Most relationships go sour, wonder if open relationships success rate is higher or lower?

well I do think that... this thread is proof my opinion is not wrong
  • Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Your post came off as being about open relationships in general being glorified cheating and not just talking about this case.

Exactly.
    Most relationships go sour, wonder if open relationships success rate is higher or lower?

An internet survey claimed that 60% of swingers believe swinging improved their marriage and less than 2% felt that it made it worse. I vaguely remember hearing from another source that swingers were actually less likely to divorce and more likely to self-report being happier in their relationships but I might not be remembering right.
    well I do think that... this thread is proof my opinion is not wrong

To 'cheat' is to break agreed upon rules. You can't break rules that don't exist.
  • MsSouthern
    edited December 2011
    Options
    why get married if you just wanna ? around ?
  • MsSouthern
    edited December 2011
    Options
    For all the reasons that anyone else would get married. What makes sex so sacred, when it's just a physical act?

Which includes being commited to the person you married

sorry.... ? someone else even with permission doesn't sit right with me
  • Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    why get married if you just wanna ? around ?

Why befriend someone if you're just going to have other friends?

Why do you think that romantic love is only 'valid' when it's exclusive? Does it make sense that the basis of your marriage to John is your relationship (or lack theoreof) with Bob, Peter, Joe or other men? How you feel about other men has nothing to do with how you feel about your husband.
    Which includes being commited to the person you married

sorry.... ? someone else even with permission doesn't sit right with me

Why does 'commitment' have to exclusive (never mind the assumption that you should 'commit' to romantic partners to begin with)? If it doesn't sit right with you then don't do it.
    when it's just a physical act?

I disagree, there's an inherent psychological aspect to sex.
  • BlackThor356
    BlackThor356 Members Posts: 850 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    leave it to the women of the IC to attack the open marriage, smh

anyway ma, ur ? is obviously still into this old ? . aint no way in the world u gon tell a ? like me, that i can smah all the ? i wanna except this ONE and we stuck having this ? problem 7 months later
  • NYCeeCee
    NYCeeCee Members Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options

Is it JUST women of the IC "attacking" open marriage? Or society in general? No one "attacked" anything in this thread. The t/s obviously has low self esteem....not b/c she agreed to an open marriage (which I, personally, would never do), but b/c she's wondering what she should do with someone who has repeatedly walked over and disresepcted her in their short 7 months of marriage. Why is what she should do even a question? What would you do if someone trated you like sh*t?
  • NYCeeCee
    NYCeeCee Members Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    oh, and BlackThor, what about the men who "attacked" open marriage?
  • MsSouthern
    edited December 2011
    Options

anyway ma, ur ? is obviously still into this old ? . aint no way in the world u gon tell a ? like me, that i can smah all the ? i wanna except this ONE and we stuck having this ? problem 7 months later

good lawd

not agreeing with open marriage does not = attacking open marriage

we are simply discussing it .
  • Yummy.Lix
    Yummy.Lix Members Posts: 1,398
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I don't think an open marriage is right for you...especially with him.
  • Niggersauce
    Niggersauce Members Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Even an open marriage has to have boundaries...

You not dealing with an open marriage though, you dealing with a dude you forced into marriage and he made the choice to do it on the whim...but he doesnt really want to be married to you. An open marriage can not persist if a person actually has "another s/o" outside of the main...if its just friends/flings where you might ? once or twice and leave alone then yall should be good.

When a person is ? someone all the time, there are feelings involved....open marriages won't work for someone that has feelings for someone else other than the main.

<~~has an open marriage
  • Bwoahmizzee
    Bwoahmizzee Members Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    yall might as well do a threesome for real

ya ? is already open if you aint beefin w/ shorty get cool w/ her and get it poppin

unless you scared she gonna take ya man or some ?

I mean but ya know.............whatever
  • vicvallin
    vicvallin Members Posts: 28 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    an open relationship is only as successful as the people executing it. if their certain boundaries that are set, but aren't being adhered to, that's not a flaw in open relationships, that's a character flaw within the people involved. in T/S case, your ? was flawed from jump.
  • allisoncomm
    allisoncomm Members Posts: 24
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Oh, well... Anything is possible. And since life is one heck of an adventure, i can say that keeping an open relationship can be an interesting phase, if you're not going to complicate much to it. You just have to keep an open mind with your partner/s...
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    prepare for the worst case scenarioes...
    cause it looks like yall heading downhill....imho.
  • damnkp
    damnkp Members Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    you ? up at "I Do"
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    ? u dumb as hell.

u dont even deserve advice. Just stay married to that ? cuz obviously you and he know he's the best u can do.

Stop making decisions with ya ? u ? rat.

This was the only answer needed for this ? ?
  • fullfledged
    fullfledged Members Posts: 238
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Most people can't handle an open relationship but in reality its probably for the better.
  • BeesKneesQ
    BeesKneesQ Members Posts: 11
    edited December 2011
    Options
    So you agreed to an open relationship under one condition which was that he could not see this one chick, and he still sees her? Sounds to me like he got you to agree to an open relationship as an excuse to still see her. You might share that man.....

good luck with that though...
  • Just2C
    Just2C Members Posts: 931 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    wow shawty you must have no self esteem or self respect
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    This is a mess. And having an open marriage s not something you just that shouldn't be a "wasn't my first choice but...." If you're not 100% into it, it will cause major problems, even if history girl wasn't in the picture. Since this situation is not working for you, you gotta let him know. If he loved you enough to marry you, maybe he will let that lifestyle go. If he doesn't want to, well then you two just don't need to be together.

? all that I heart cali in this thread.. I wanna have an open relationship between her legs.. anyways.. ya he won. Must be doing something right..
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    MrsWest wrote: »
    So...he can ? any girl he wants except one, and he's still ? that one? Let me ask you, are YOU allowed to have sex with other men in this "open relationship"?

I may be biased but I have little faith in marriage as it is, so an open marriage nowadays isn't far-fetched although IMO it defeats the purpose of marriage. Bottom line, you didn't ask to be respected as a wife should be, and he doesn't have the smallest ounce of respect for you if he won't listen to ONE rule you put in place. You're doing yourself a disservice. Pick up and leave now before the last shred of self esteem you have for yourself is gone.

• TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree with the sentiment "why get married if you're going to sleep with other people?". Just stay single or have a boyfriend/girlfriend open relationship. Marriage has always been about monogamy, at least in the Christian sense (forsaking all others??). If you're getting married for the legal benefits, it's really just a business contract and where's the meaning and love behind that. To me open relationships are selfish, but to each his own. I don't have any ill feelings towards those that decide to go that route.
  • JJ 1975
    JJ 1975 Members Posts: 336
    Options
    I don't see how an open marriage can work. Just don't get married.