Lil' Kim/Ray J throw shots @ Nicki Minaj..Aubrey(Drake) & Nicki respond..

Options

Comments

• Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I seriously doubt Kim is going to be affected by this. She has way too much industry clout to be concerned about such drivel.

Like I said earlier, Kim has already attained an A-list rap career. Nicki doesn't have any hit singles, no platinum plaques, no awards...she's D-list.

IF anybody should be concerned about this, it should be Nicki and the fact that her career could be over before it even starts.
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    lil kim is officially a hater and irrelevant to the game
    ? talkin bout
    "oh kim got ? to diss nicki"
    who the ? is keys?!
    that ? will never reach nicki's status in the game
    how the ? the first song anybody ever hear from you is some hater ? ?
    its over for kim and her thundercat lookin ass
    she just need to chill out and stop hatin
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Punisher__ wrote: »
    I seriously doubt Kim is going to be affected by this. She has way too much industry clout to be concerned about such drivel.

Like I said earlier, Kim has already attained an A-list rap career. Nicki doesn't have any hit singles, no platinum plaques, no awards...she's D-list.

IF anybody should be concerned about this, it should be Nicki and the fact that her career could be over before it even starts.
    How can Kim end anyone's career when she doesn't currently have one herself? KIM DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A RECORD DEAL. What do all those achievements mean when her career is in the dumster now? Kim may have 3 platinum albums and a Grammy from a decade ago....but right now she's still performing at sushi bars, strip joints, and unknown hole in the wall clubs, while the newbie is at Madison Square Garden.

Nicki has been on 9 Billboard Hot 100 hits within the past 5 months. Kim hasn't been on 1 since 2007. Nicki is about to have HER OWN single on the Hot 100 this week. Kim hasn't done that since 2005. Nicki is currently being backed by DOZENS of industry heavyweights. Diddy, Jay-Z, Lil Wayne's pull in the music industry >>> Keys, Maino, and Ray J's.

It's clear to see who's relevant and who isn't. Kim is just trying to ride the Nicki wave.

Kim and Foxy may have ran things in the past but they obviously they weren't too worried about the future and chicks who may come up and test their spot. If they were they would've kept their ass outta jail and the plastic surgeons office and been up in Staples stockin up on notepads and pencils.
  • gamezpog
    gamezpog Members Posts: 334 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    The difference is respect and what people perceive as respect. Lil Kim will go down as one of the gteatest female rappers of all time- period. For someone like Drake to come out and totally dismiss all of Lil Kim's accomplishments is disingenuous and shows a clear lack of respect for the people that paved the way in hip hop. he basically said of Lil Kims career that is was nothing "Nicki Minaj is the best female rapper ever" What a joke.
  • gamezpog
    edited June 2010
    Options
    KillaCham. wrote: »
    How can Kim end anyone's career when she doesn't currently have one herself? KIM DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A RECORD DEAL. What do all those achievements mean when her career is in the dumster now? Kim may have 3 platinum albums and a Grammy from a decade ago....but right now she's still performing at sushi bars, strip joints, and unknown hole in the wall clubs, while the newbie is at Madison Square Garden.

Nicki has been on 9 Billboard Hot 100 hits within the past 5 months. Kim hasn't been on 1 since 2007. Nicki is about to have HER OWN single on the Hot 100 this week. Kim hasn't done that since 2005. Nicki is currently being backed by DOZENS of industry heavyweights. Diddy, Jay-Z, Lil Wayne's pull in the music industry >>> Keys, Maino, and Ray J's.

It's clear to see who's relevant and who isn't. Kim is just trying to ride the Nicki wave.

Kim and Foxy may have ran things in the past but they obviously they weren't too worried about the future and chicks who may come up and test their spot. If they were they would've kept their ass outta jail and the plastic surgeons office and been up in Staples stockin up on notepads and pencils.

You have absolutely no respect for the music industry period. You are the epitome of a fan. To say that a person is nothing or doesn't haver a career because they dont have a record deal... are you serious? And you talk about what us relevant? Wow.. u are caught up in the matrix for real...

Sad.
  • BackInWhite
    edited June 2010
    Options
    gamezpog wrote: »
    The difference is respect and what people perceive as respect. Lil Kim will go down as one of the gteatest female rappers of all time- period. For someone like Drake to come out and totally dismiss all of Lil Kim's accomplishments is disingenuous and shows a clear lack of respect for the people that paved the way in hip hop. he basically said of Lil Kims career that is was nothing "Nicki Minaj is the best female rapper ever" What a joke.

shut the ? up
    respect is earned, ?
    ? a ? look like lettin his label mate get dissed
    only cuz the disser has so-called rank?
    ? that ?
    hip hop is a what have you done for me lately kinda business
    and kim ain't did ? lately but replace her face with a halloween thundercats mask
  • Punisher__
    edited June 2010
    Options

Nicki has been on 9 Billboard Hot 100 hits within the past 5 months. Kim hasn't been on 1 since 2007. Nicki is about to have HER OWN single on the Hot 100 this week. Kim hasn't done that since 2005.

Nicki is currently being backed by DOZENS of heavyweights in the industry. Diddy, Jay-Z, Lil Wayne's pull in the music industry >>> Keys, Maino, and Ray J's.

To be fair to Kim (and Foxy)...they may not be hot commodities now, but they are still the pioneers as far as female rap is concerned. So they will always have that industry clout and respect, as far as hip-hop goes. Nicki would most likely not be here if "? " and "Ill Na Na" never happened.

Secondly, all those Billboard hits mean nothing, as Nicki has YET to prove she can have a hit, by herself. "Massive Attack" was a massive failure. And let's be honest, having a buzz is nice. But how many artists have had a "buzz", only to fizzle shortly thereafter? It's too early to call Nicki a threat to anybody, when she has yet to accomplish anything or do anything respectable, with regards to a solo career.

And all those people that have co-signed Nicki, have co-signed Kim, as well. So that point is moot.
  • BackInWhite
    edited June 2010
    Options
    kim and foxy are pioneers of what?!
    Queen Latifah and Mc Lyte are pioneers
    as a matter of fact
    the REAL person lil kim should be gettin at is Trina
    Trina does more of the sexual, ? suckin in a song for no reason type ? kim does
    Nicki is like a female swag rapper
  • gamezpog
    edited June 2010
    Options
    shut the ? up
    respect is earned, ?
    ? a ? look like lettin his label mate get dissed
    only cuz the disser has so-called rank?
    ? that ?
    hip hop is a what have you done for me lately kinda business
    and kim ain't did ? lately but replace her face with a halloween thundercats mask

I see you have the intelligence level of a pea, so with that... enjoy your life.
  • KillaCham
    edited June 2010
    Options
    You have absolutely no respect for the music industry period. You are the epitome of a fan. To say that a person is nothing or doesn't haver a career because they dont have a record deal... are you serious? And you talk about what us relevant? Wow.. u are caught up in the matrix for real...

Sad.
    Dog...it isn't disrepect...it's truth. Lil' Kim is not relevant. Her career is ? ...not only because she doesn't have a record contract, but because she's not doing ? . She barely puts out any new material, and when she does it's either a "remix" of 8 month old songs or it's ? original music. Also, she's been promising her fans an album since she got out of jail and a mixtape since 2008. WHO TAKE 2 YEARS TO MAKE A MIXTAPE??? She's ? lazy. It's no coincidence that Kim's lyrics, creativity, productivity, and career in general has fallen off soooooo bad ever since all these big names stopped ? with her. Kim isn't ? without a big force like Diddy, Un, Biggie, ect behind her to carry her career because she's stupid and worthless and can't do it herself. FACT. I don't care if you take it as disrespect or not. She's lazy, but has the nerve to be almost 40, showing up to concerts 3 hours late in her bra and panties and dissing people on their grind who barely even pay her any mind. She's so old that she thinks this beef ? still sells record. She truely is sad.
  • gamezpog
    edited June 2010
    Options
    To be fair to Kim (and Foxy)...they may not be hot commodities now, but they are still the pioneers as far as female rap is concerned. So they will always have that industry clout and respect, as far as hip-hop goes. Nicki would most likely not be here if "? " and "Ill Na Na" never happened.

Secondly, all those Billboard hits mean nothing, as Nicki has YET to prove she can have a hit, by herself. "Massive Attack" was a massive failure. And let's be honest, having a buzz is nice. But how many artists have had a "buzz", only to fizzle shortly thereafter? It's too early to call Nicki a threat to anybody, when she has yet to accomplish anything or do anything respectable, with regards to a solo career.

And all those people that have co-signed Nicki, have co-signed Kim, as well. So that point is moot.

Nicely said!
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options

Sad.

Not too much of a Nicki fan, but Cham made some good points. You couldn't argue with any of his ? except with some half-hearted attempt to attack him personally. Y'all are delusional if you think Kim is anywhere near as relevant as Nicki right now. Smh @ who says Kim is a legend. People like MC Lyte and Queen Latifah are legends, Kim was crafted by BIG and he wrote some of her lyrics. What the ? did she ever say that was so LEGENDARY? She was a sex symbol who happened to rap, same as Nicki. My biggest problem with her is that Nicki always says Kim is an inspiration for her when she's mentioned in interviews. This is plain hating, if Kim was relevant she wouldn't have pulled some ? like this. I don't even think Nicki is good, but I support her for the same reason I supported Soulja Boy (complete wackness) in the Ice T beef. The former generation had their turn, let the youngins do their thing and stop being bitter.

Sad
  • BackInWhite
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I see you have the intelligence level of a pea, so with that... enjoy your life.

what does intelligence have to do with anything?
    that ? dissed nicki for no reason
    talkin bout some pay homage
    hoe, who is you to pay homage to?
    ? she bring to the game?
    all you ? dickridin this ? is doin it for 1 reason: you don't like nicki
    cuz i bet not 1 of you ? have a lil kim cd
    and if you do i bet yeen buy it out the store
    kim is irrelevant and is trying to beef her way back into the game
    why can't you see that?
    what's so hard to understand?
    ? wanna bring up ? she did in the 90s and ?
    like that matters
    its 2010 and its a new Best Female Rapper
    get used to that ?
  • KillaCham
    edited June 2010
    Options

True...but there are flash in the pan artists who have their little buzz or a few hit singles...but garner no respect in the industry (outside of people from their area or whatever), and there are those that real artists have faith in and give their respect to. I can name a whole list of credible people in the music industry that have given Nicki her props. I'm not saying Nicki is on Kim's level when she was at her greatest, or ever will be...but to put it bluntly, Nicki Minaj has already accomplished in four months whats taken some female rappers 10 years to do...but she still has ways to go...and Kim is in no position right now to come at Nicki like how she did, especially when they've met, done songs together, and have shouted each other out many times. It just makes her look bitter as ? .
  • Punisher__
    edited June 2010
    Options
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »
    Not too much of a Nicki fan, but Cham made some good points. You couldn't argue with any of his ? except with some half-hearted attempt to attack him personally. Y'all are delusional if you think Kim is anywhere near as relevant as Nicki right now. Smh @ who says Kim is a legend. People like MC Lyte and Queen Latifah are legends, Kim was crafted by BIG and he wrote some of her lyrics. What the ? did she ever say that was so LEGENDARY? She was a sex symbol who happened to rap, same as Nicki. My biggest problem with her is that Nicki always says Kim is an inspiration for her when she's mentioned in interviews. This is plain hating, if Kim was relevant she wouldn't have pulled some ? like this. I don't even think Nicki is good, but I support her for the same reason I supported Soulja Boy (complete wackness) in the Ice T beef. The former generation had their turn, let the youngins do their thing and stop being bitter.

Sad

But relevancy is era-based. We don't say "Aretha Franklin is no longer relevant", just because she hasn't had a hit single in 25 years...do we? Or, "Janet Jackson is no longer relevant" because her last platinum certified album was four years ago...?

When you reach a certain level of industry acclaim/success, relevancy no longer becomes an issue because your legacy is cemented. Kim may not be HOT right now, but she's had a career that Nicki Minaj will most likely never have.

And Kim most definitely is a legend, because she's a pioneering female rapper with classic material in her repertoire.
  • BackInWhite
    edited June 2010
    Options
    this ? said kim is a legend
    wow
    off her ? suckin raps
    Aretha Franklin and Janet Jackson>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>lil kim on the legends list
  • Punisher__
    edited June 2010
    Options
    this ? said kim is a legend
    wow
    off her ? suckin raps
    Aretha Franklin and Janet Jackson>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>lil kim on the legends list

See...this is what happens when you come into the convo late. Read the thread in its entirety. I'm not the only ? in here that has called Kim a legend.
  • gamezpog
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Dog...it isn't disrepect...it's truth. Lil' Kim is not relevant. Her career is ? ...not only because she doesn't have a record contract, but because she's not doing ? . She barely puts out any new material, and when she does it's either a "remix" of 8 month old songs or it's ? original music. Also, she's been promising her fans an album since she got out of jail and a mixtape since 2008. WHO TAKE 2 YEARS TO MAKE A MIXTAPE??? She's ? lazy. It's no coincidence that Kim's lyrics, creativity, productivity, and career in general has fallen off soooooo bad ever since all these big names stopped ? with her. Kim isn't ? without a big force like Diddy, Un, Biggie, ect behind her to carry her career because she's stupid and worthless and can't do it herself. FACT. I don't care if you take it as disrespect or not. She's lazy, but has the nerve to be almost 40, showing up to concerts 3 hours late in her bra and panties and dissing people on their grind who barely even pay her any mind. She's so old that she thinks this beef ? still sells record. She truely is sad.

Lets see.. there are artist that are pretty much chillin- until they drop an album. And with that being said, they have a faithful following. I know what KIM can do. A new mixtaope will do nothing for me.. When she drops a new album, I will be there, and so will a legend of fans waiting to support her.. So, because someone doesn't follow today's trend of dropping somngs every two weeks makes them wack or irrelevant? No.

When Kim was on her grind, most of you were babies. While you may know about her history through stories, etc, you couldn't possibly understand the industry back then... and today.. its immediate satisfaction. You have to pacify your fans ion every way or they think u are irrelevant.

Kimm has taken control of her career.. she has the option of signing with someone of using her name (Queen bee Records) to s=get a distribution deal. many artist have done that (see Price). Remember, he was the symbol?

And again, IMO, mixtapes are whats killin rap. Too much music... over saturation.

And you talk as if u know Kim personally (stupid, worthless)... do you?

And for Minaj.. I feel for her.. while I am not a fan, I feel she is placed in a unfair situation. The music industry wants YOU to believe she's the only female rapper alive. or in your words, relevant. No so.

Go deeper and seek the truth.. then u will know.
  • KillaCham
    edited June 2010
    Options
  • gamezpog
    edited June 2010
    Options
    See...this is what happens when you come into the convo late. Read the thread in its entirety. I'm not the only ? in here that has called Kim a legend.

Kim came out at a time when women were looking for a voice.. to stop the male chauvinist attitudes.. not everyone was clean cut like Salt n Pepa.. she was the voice of a lot of young angry sistahs at that time, albeit it ws clean cut, it was effective.

So yes, I wouid say her music and movement was legendary.
  • BackInWhite
    edited June 2010
    Options

and?
    that just means i disagree with all you ?
    legendary for what, exactly?
    havin a big ? ?
    rappin about suckin major ? and ? ? for money?
    what's legendary about that?
    she's only legendary for lettin Biggie ? her
    that's it
    that is it!
    time don't = legendary status
    just cuz that ? was around in 95 and ? and she still doin shows
    don't make her no legend
    and as of right now
    she's just a old, bitter, hatin ass ? subscribing to the 50 Cent book of Hip Hop Success
    and that book stopped bein a best seller in 05
  • BackInWhite
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Kim came out at a time when women were looking for a voice.. to stop the male chauvinist attitudes.. not everyone was clean cut like Salt n Pepa.. she was the voice of a lot of young angry sistahs at that time, albeit it ws clean cut, it was effective.

So yes, I wouid say her music and movement was legendary.

smgdh
    what the ? you think U.N.I.T.Y. was?
    what you think Ladies First was?
    lil kim ain't do ? but give hoes another reason to be promiscuous
    she just made suckin random ? and rumors of having to get sperm pumped out of your stomach cool
    you ? is really overrating this ?
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    smgdh
    she just made suckin random ? and rumors of having to get sperm pumped out of your stomach cool

Complete co/s. I challengerr anyone to put down 1 lil Kim songs off the top of your head that is anywhere near as empowering to females as U.N.I.T.Y. I gie her her props, but I don't see how you can credibly call her a legend.
  • KillaCham
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Lets see.. there are artist that are pretty much chillin- until they drop an album. And with that being said, they have a faithful following. I know what KIM can do. A new mixtaope will do nothing for me.. When she drops a new album, I will be there, and so will a legend of fans waiting to support her.. So, because someone doesn't follow today's trend of dropping somngs every two weeks makes them wack or irrelevant? No.

When Kim was on her grind, most of you were babies. While you may know about her history through stories, etc, you couldn't possibly understand the industry back then... and today.. its immediate satisfaction. You have to pacify your fans ion every way or they think u are irrelevant.

Kimm has taken control of her career.. she has the option of signing with someone of using her name (Queen bee Records) to s=get a distribution deal. many artist have done that (see Price). Remember, he was the symbol?

And again, IMO, mixtapes are whats killin rap. Too much music... over saturation.

And you talk as if u know Kim personally (stupid, worthless)... do you?

And for Minaj.. I feel for her.. while I am not a fan, I feel she is placed in a unfair situation. The music industry wants YOU to believe she's the only female rapper alive. or in your words, relevant. No so.

Go deeper and seek the truth.. then u will know.
    I know enough people that work/have worked with Kim or at Atlantic Records during the time she was signed there to say that I know what's going and what's not. Kim has no mind of her own, and if you aren't a "yes man", she doesn't wanna ? with you anymore.

She's also bitter and insecure. If you look at history...you'll see that Lil' Kim has had beef with almost every female rapper who was hot at the time. Charli Baltimore when she was with Biggie, then Foxy when she got big, Eve, Remy Ma, and now Nicki Minaj. This is one reason why female rap is in such a ? because most of them act as if they have to be on top at all times.

As far as relevancy...Kim dropped a single last year with one of the hottest people in the industry at the time, T-Pain, and it flopped....only for her to remix it with The-Dream and Souljia Boy for it to flop again (mind you, this was around the time she was on not 1, but 2 weekly primetime cable shows). She had her time...but now, nobody is checking for her. She says she's dropping a single in July (which I doubt)..we'll see how that goes.
  • iamkang
    iamkang Members Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    smgdh

I shall no longer rep New Orleans as I have found someone who can fill my shoes nh

*Moves to South Dakota*