Lil' Kim/Ray J throw shots @ Nicki Minaj..Aubrey(Drake) & Nicki respond..

Options

Comments

• Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    smgdh
    what the ? you think U.N.I.T.Y. was?
    what you think Ladies First was?
    lil kim ain't do ? but give hoes another reason to be promiscuous
    she just made suckin random ? and rumors of having to get sperm pumped out of your stomach cool
    you ? is really overrating this ?

Another ? poster, completely oblivious to how female rap was pre 1995.

Kim and Foxy made the female rapper feminine, and allowed women to actually be women, and not have to always be on that street aesthetics, IN YOUR FACE, roughneck persona type ? .

Before Kim and Foxy, female rap was a completely different arena. "? " and "Ill Na Na" were both landmark albums because they allowed female rappers to spit like the dudes, but maintain sex appeal and be feminine, all at the same time.

Go do your homework, youngin'.
  • _Ozymandias_
    _Ozymandias_ Members Posts: 490
    edited June 2010
    Options
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »
    Complete co/s. I challengerr anyone to put down 1 lil Kim songs off the top of your head that is anywhere near as empowering to females as U.N.I.T.Y. I gie her her props, but I don't see how you can credibly call her a legend.

i would say she's a legend cause she (and foxy) were the first hip hop sex symbols. all the females b4 them had to be hard or hide their femininity to get on. salt-n-peppa were covertly sexual, but they didn't use that as an image. kim and foxy were the first females in rap to use sex to sell. whether you think was a good thing or bad thing, you can't deny that they changed the way females in rap were marketed and the subject matter of what they could talk about. when you change a genre that's legendary.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited June 2010
    Options
    gamezpog wrote: »
    Kim came out at a time when women were looking for a voice.. to stop the male chauvinist attitudes.. not everyone was clean cut like Salt n Pepa.. she was the voice of a lot of young angry sistahs at that time, albeit it ws clean cut, it was effective.

So yes, I wouid say her music and movement was legendary.
    LOL are you serious?? Kim writing a song as an activist? That's a joke and a half. There's not one influencial song on her first album and there isn't one song that doesn't involve sexual acts. Her and Foxy made it cool for females in rap to actually be feminine and be accepted that way...but that's about it. I've said this before; you guys say Lil' Kim and Foxy Brown changed the game in so many ways, but at the same time, they destroyed it too. Think about it this way - if Lil' Kim and Foxy Brown never existed...and after Lauryn Hill had scored big with "Miseducation", would this be a different world for female rappers? Would it have been so tough for rappers like Rah Digga and Jean Grae to sell a record and not have to compete with half-assed female rappers who don't even write their own lyrics and who rap about material things and sex?
  • maximus preme
    maximus preme Members Posts: 1,995 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    lil kim is officially a hater and irrelevant to the game
    ? talkin bout
    "oh kim got ? to diss nicki"
    who the ? is keys?!
    that ? will never reach nicki's status in the game
    how the ? the first song anybody ever hear from you is some hater ? ?
    its over for kim and her thundercat lookin ass
    she just need to chill out and stop hatin

she is irrelevant but the mere mention of her name in the wrong way has everyone talking right now. Ok....

You would have a point if Nicki didn't go waaaaaaaaaaaay out of her way to try to be her. Like I said this isn't no hater ? . I'm telling y'all Nicki dissed Kim in person. This isn't Kim's style to just start going at someone from afar. She aint Eminem. If she is dissing Nicki its cause Nicki dissed her first. Things go on behind the scenes that you don't see. When all this ? gets aired out then we will know what the deal is. But if you don't think Kim i s a legend in the hip hop game then you done lost your damn mind.
  • KillaCham
    edited June 2010
    Options
    she is irrelevant but the mere mention of her name in the wrong way has everyone talking right now. Ok....

You would have a point if Nicki didn't go waaaaaaaaaaaay out of her way to try to be her. Like I said this isn't no hater ? . I'm telling y'all Nicki dissed Kim in person. This isn't Kim's style to just start going at someone from afar. She aint Eminem. If she is dissing Nicki its cause Nicki dissed her first. Things go on behind the scenes that you don't see. When all this ? gets aired out then we will know what the deal is. But if you don't think Kim i s a legend in the hip hop game then you done lost your damn mind.
    LOL @ this isn't Kim's style. She's had beef with the majority of mainstream female rappers over the past 10 years. It's very much her style.

Lil’ Kim on Friday: “We love her! We just want them to pay homage, so we could all rock together. It’s all about respect. You respect me, I respect you."
    Lil' Kim on Saturday: "? her" *brings out Keys*
    Lil' Kim on Sunday: "Puffy you should be ashamed of your ? self"

I highly doubt this was something that happened in person. She's either going through menopause or wants attention.
  • maximus preme
    edited June 2010
    Options
    KillaCham. wrote: »
    LOL @ this isn't Kim's style. She's had beef with the majority of mainstream female rappers over the past 10 years. It's very much her style.

Lil’ Kim on Friday: “We love her! We just want them to pay homage, so we could all rock together. It’s all about respect. You respect me, I respect you."
    Lil' Kim on Saturday: "? her" *brings out Keys*
    Lil' Kim on Sunday: "Puffy you should be ashamed of your ? self"

I highly doubt this was something that happened in person. She's either going through menopause or wants attention.

Lil Kim said in an interview that things go on behind the scenes that people don't know about. If Kim was all about dissing her imitators she would have gone after Trina a long time ago. I'm telling you ? happened in person.
  • KillaCham
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Lil Kim said in an interview that things go on behind the scenes that people don't know about. If Kim was all about dissing her imitators she would have gone after Trina a long time ago. I'm telling you ? happened in person.
    Well...we'll soon see I guess. This whole situation is kinda stupid, but i'd be lying if I said I wasn't interesting in where this will go in the oncoming weeks.
  • Punisher__
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Kim has no reason to be insecure, though. That's what I don't understand. She's a pioneer, that has already done her thing and made a lane for her successors to reap the benefits of.

She, of all people, should know how hard it is for female rappers to come in and make their mark. And the fact that Nicki is doing her thing, Kim should EMBRACE her, and not try to cook up beef. Foxy and Trina have both embraced Nicki.

I respect Kim for her contributions to industry, but I can never respect her person. She's too childish.
  • KillaCham
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Punisher__ wrote: »
    Kim has no reason to be insecure, though. That's what I don't understand. She's a pioneer, that has already done her thing and made a lane for her successors to reap the benefits of.

She, of all people, should know how hard it is for female rappers to come in and make their mark. And the fact that Nicki is doing her thing, Kim should EMBRACE her, and not try to cook up beef. Foxy and Trina have both embraced Nicki.

I respect Kim for her contributions to industry, but I can never respect her person. She's too childish.
    That's what i'm saying...there must be someone feeding her the wrong info or gassing her to do this. SMH @ her trying to diss Nicki with that weak ? Keys though.
  • maximus preme
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I have to give it to Cham. I expected him to come in here on some "how dear you talk to Nicki like that" ? like the ? ? Drake. But you actually sound sensible haha. The massive flop that was massive attack must have humbled your standom a little haha.
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited June 2010
    Options
    this ? said kim is a legend
    wow
    off her ? suckin raps
    Aretha Franklin and Janet Jackson>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>lil kim on the legends list

lol come on compared 2 nikki kim is mo of a legend then nikki will eva b n this rap ? that massive attack ? ? 'd nikkiz chancez of bein taken seriously rappin she is done..,.nikki betta hope that sextape dropz soon b4 she getz drop'd nikki garbaj fake plastic barbie azz is just eyecandy
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Punisher__ wrote: »
    Another ? poster, completely oblivious to how female rap was pre 1995.

Kim and Foxy made the female rapper feminine, and allowed women to actually be women, and not have to always be on that street aesthetics, IN YOUR FACE, roughneck persona type ? .

Before Kim and Foxy, female rap was a completely different arena. "? " and "Ill Na Na" were both landmark albums because they allowed female rappers to spit like the dudes, but maintain sex appeal and be feminine, all at the same time.

Go do your homework, youngin'.

no
    they didn't "allow women to be women"
    they allowed women to be sexual objects that maybe would spit a bar or 2 that WASN'T about suckin ?
    no homework necessary cuz i was actually alive during this time
  • Punisher__
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Some notable female rappers before Kim and Foxy...

Queen-Latifah-Latifahs-Had-It-U-471810.jpg

lyte%20rock%20cover.jpg

album-funkdafied.jpg
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    your point?
    they just went the complete opposite of Latifah and Mc Lyte
    kim didn't build on the foundation they built
    she tore it down 1 fat ? pic and ? suckin lyric at a time
  • Punisher__
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Some notable female rappers POST Kim and Foxy

eve.jpg

Trina201.jpg

remy-ma.jpg
  • Punisher__
    edited June 2010
    Options
    your point?
    they just went the complete opposite of Latifah and Mc Lyte
    kim didn't build on the foundation they built
    she tore it down 1 fat ? pic and ? suckin lyric at a time

See the differences in style, ? ?
  • Punisher__
    edited June 2010
    Options
    P.S. - Trina could get it in that pic.

That is all.
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Ray J so wack and is such a wannabe acting dude.
  • koncretemind
    koncretemind Members Posts: 1,439
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ? damn u a Young Money dickrider. leave the ? alone. jesus, how can you breathe with all that ? in your throat?
    Sorry don't ? wit nicki minaj music wrong person quoted I guess but u can't deny that she's catchin a lot of pointless hate from other female rappers

Refer to this post for a ? worried bout the music I listen to and dont in nicki minaj case smh
  • KillaCham
    edited June 2010
    Options
    The massive flop that was massive attack must have humbled your standom a little haha.
    We shall not speak of that. unsure.gif
  • therealist_
    therealist_ Members Posts: 3,389 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    That's what i'm saying...there must be someone feeding her the wrong info or gassing her to do this. SMH @ her trying to diss Nicki with that weak ? Keys though.

I remember talking to you about this .

Nicki should've took care of this ? along time ago ..

But then agian .. Kim aint ? with Keys like that .
    She'll get more attention though.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    We shall not speak of that. unsure.gif

smh.......
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    To be honest with you I think something happened behind the scenes that we don't know about. Kim even said it herself. She was like a lot things happen behind the scenes that people don't know about but everything is going to come to light. I don't think Kim is just hating on her. That has never been her style. I honestly think Nicki dissed her in some way in person. So Kim is like hold up you aint just gonna swagga jack me then diss me on top of that. This aint just Kim being a hater.

ok but my point is, why wait til NOW. why wait til nm is pretty much startin to blow, to even address it. hefa had all this time b4 success started headin 2wards nm ways to address being "swagger jacked." yet she waited til nm blows to fabricate a beef??? ? ! like i said b4, kim lost her seat long ago when she went hollywood, and starteddoin all those crazy plastic surgeries.

nicki's the only female rapper out rite now that's at least TRYIN to breath some life back into the female rappers. man if i was lyte, latifah, salt & pep...i'd be smmfh.
  • KillaCham
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I remember talking to you about this .

Nicki should've took care of this ? along time ago ..

But then agian .. Kim aint ? with Keys like that .
    She'll get more attention though.
    LOL nah I think it's best that she just ignores it. For the moment at least. She's doing her own thing right now and doesn't need to be focusing on other people, or have people focusing on other when talking about her.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    LOL @ talking about "Nicki on the billboard 100 9 times". Lil Kim has multi-platinum album and serveral platinum albums and serveral platinum SINGLES also. "Massive Attack" bombed where Lil Kim's 1st single was an instant Hit on the charts. Until Nicki even goes Platinum she can't be mentioned with Lil Kim. Looks like Drake is really emotional about this, here's a new interview where he talks about Lil Kim more:

http://feedoffrap.com/blog/2010/06/drake-on-lil-kim-video/

"Lil Kim is losing it, what she did ain't "G".

Man this guy needs to shut his mouth about Lil Kim, real talk. He's the one over doing it getting in Female Beef. Did Lil Kim say Drake's name? NO, why is he so damn emotional about this? He's obviously got his face in you know who's ? .