What are your hip hop new years resolutions?

199100101102103105»

Comments

• nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Capo1 wrote: »
    I'd say most black people listen to and/or respect eminem. The majority of black people don't buy hip hop albums, so simple math will tell you that the majority of eminem album consumers are white.

As far as concerts, most concerts for major stars will be attended by mostly white people. White people have on average more income to spend on expensive concernt tickets. I've seen eminem live three times, and each time there were plenty of black people in the crowd. Although they are in the cheap seats....

I say MC's like Lil Wayne, Young Jeezy and others for example has more Wigga Fans than EM does if you want to go by a true definition of a ? .
  • Triggy
    Triggy Confirm Email Posts: 137
    edited May 2011
    Since he rose to prominence, its all been imitation and those who stick to that real rap stuff being starved to death. Notice back before around the eminem show after 8 mile it was only black people who messed with eminem his first LP slim shady with tracks like (brain dead, rock bottom,etc) white people used to disown him thinking if they listen to eminem it will revoke their hiphop card and its only after MMLP did really well and all the rock crowd bought it and teeny boppers bought the white dudes in hiphop took real convincing eminem was a good MC (no where near the greatest)

then after the south blew down the doors and thinngs got watered down ala shawn knowles carter :

i dumbed down to double my dollars (line) imergence of jeezy, laffy taffy, etc.

that white people in hiphop finally started bumpin him, everyone saying his the greatest now you get relapse and recovery which is utter trash been hailed as excellent album. Now this is not an attack of eminem totally its not his fault its his spawns who say people like canibus are great lyricist, they like that over complex nonsense while eminem is just a cartoon rapper.

birthing all these idiots ala. odd future, lupe, j cole.

who think its appropriate to get on the mic and tell the world you are a sucker, damn man things done changed.

why you think rappers (kanye,jay,co) are trying to distance themselves from rap. royce da 5'9 always been trash if you have nothing to say dont say anything anyone can rhyme words to rhyme words. check this board's MC check youtube comments on instrumental tracks.

you guys hype mediocore trash when back in the days they would be ignored and forced to get better, a short story.

a young MC accidently left his rhyme book on the train while going back and forth trying to get signed rejection after rejection. he thought he would never see that rhyme book again so he wrote new and better rhymes and by the time one guy found the address on the rhyme book and posted it back to him, it was luckily to late. Nasty Nas had already finished recording ILLMATIC.
  • OFWGKTA
    OFWGKTA Banned Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    FAIL!!!!!!! who are you to say white people only ? with em after 8 mile?? smh. ive ? with him since the slim shady LP(2nd c.d i ever bought).
    Jay-z and kanye both have a song or songs with eminem, so they must think he's nice.
    Are you trying to say eminem paved the way for mediocre rap?
    and go back and give recovery another spin. the simlies and metaphores he uses on that are ? out of this world. you have to listen more then once to catch them.
  • turqiun
    turqiun Members Posts: 1,491 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Oh gawd..............
  • Triggy
    Triggy Confirm Email Posts: 137
    edited May 2011
    it's true, white people did not want to give him credit they where still bumpin dmx and etc. all that work on chronic 2001 and still he got no real props.

no one cares about similies and metaphores and rhyme schemes, we care about the content. thats why he would always fail. im only going to adress you once because i see who your favorite MC is, it is not difficult to rhyme words now if you can actually say something other than shock fake comedic raps the n go ahead.
  • Binho
    Binho Members Posts: 10
    edited May 2011
    What is it about him lyrically? Some ? be sayin he the greatest MC. post me some lines that might make me think that hes an OKAY rapper
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    not sure whats so good about em's lyrics, maybe its a white people thing ?
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    from the technical aspect he is good , but content wise he is severely lacking
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    from the technical aspect he is good , but content wise he is severely lacking

i was never impressed by the technical aspect of rap, i mean if ur lyrics are trash den i cant get into it

em however has more content than jay z
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    i was never impressed by the technical aspect of rap, i mean if ur lyrics are trash den i cant get into it

em however has more content than jay z

if you don't like the technical aspect of rap then why listen to it
  • Capo1
    Capo1 Members Posts: 789
    edited May 2011
    Binho wrote: »
    What is it about him lyrically? Some ? be sayin he the greatest MC. post me some lines that might make me think that hes an OKAY rapper

Soon as a verse starts I eat it at MC’s heart
    what is he thinking? How not to go against me? Smart.
    And its absurd how people hang on every word.
    I’ll probably never get the props I feel I ever deserve
    But I’ll never be served my spot is forever reserved
    If I ever leave earth that would be the death of me first.
    Cause in my heart of hearts I know nothing could ever be worse.
    That’s why I’m clever when I put together every verse
    My thoughts are sporadic, I act like I’m an addict
    I rap like I’m addicted to smack like I’m Kim Mathers.
    But I don’t want to go forth and back in constant battles
    The fact is I would rather sit back and bomb some rappers.
    So this is like a full blown attack I’m launching at them
    The track is on some battling raps who want some static
    Cause I don’t really think that the fact that I’m Slim matters
    A plaque of platinum status is whack if I'm not the baddest.
  • Capo1
    Capo1 Members Posts: 789
    edited May 2011
    Triggy wrote: »
    it's true, white people did not want to give him credit they where still bumpin dmx and etc. all that work on chronic 2001 and still he got no real props.

no one cares about similies and metaphores and rhyme schemes, we care about the content. thats why he would always fail. im only going to adress you once because i see who your favorite MC is, it is not difficult to rhyme words now if you can actually say something other than shock fake comedic raps the n go ahead.

Eminem probably has the most diverse content of any mainstream rapper...Ill argue this with anyone and they will lose.

Non eminem fans, or people ignorant to his music, just think he's been some "shock rapper" his entire career. Even his most "shock-filled" albums in the SSLP, MMLP, and Relapse had numerous songs with deep content. Tracks like Rock Bottom, If I Had, Who Knew?, Careful What you Wish For, Stan and The Way I Am come to mind. Then if we go even further and look at his best album, The Eminem Show, you can find a lot more songs that would wash away that "shock rapper" stamp.
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Here is the list of so-called "Black posters" who voted for Emenim...anybody recognize them?? Looks like a bunch of ShadyTeam aliases.

Emenim makes great music for his people and he should be commended for that, he dosent try to cater to Black folks in his music he sticks with topics that are more familiar and relatable to his own people.
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited May 2011
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Here is the list of so-called "Black posters" who voted for Emenim...anybody recognize them?? Looks like a bunch of ShadyTeam aliases.

Emenim makes great music for his people and he should be commended for that, he dosent try to cater to Black folks in his music he sticks with topics that are more familiar and relatable to his own people.

aint nun of them blk that ? is a JOKE smh@ them houseniggaz/whiteboyz!
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    bump for the sake of General purpose and helping to get threads merged...
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    edited May 2011
    aww I think part of the problem may be that this thread is no longer properly titled and was merged with a non Eminem thread accidently...
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    edited May 2011
    coding is broke on this thread...
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    What the hell is this ? of a thread?
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    edited May 2011
    this broken ass thread most likely showed how susceptible the site was to attack again...
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    edited June 2011
    wow they fixed this ? dope...