What are your hip hop new years resolutions?

Options

Comments

• Aime Antonio
    Aime Antonio Members Posts: 85
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Clearly one of the greats..
  • Treize117
    Treize117 Members Posts: 1,112
    edited February 2010
    Options
    absolutely. if ur talkin strictly lyrical skill then maybe the best ever, but in general definitely one of the best of all time
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Its funny how all the Eminem supporter are afraid to self identify. I wonder if it is because they know doing so undermines there credibility and pushes the point about eminem and his Fanbase...
  • Tha Chop
    Tha Chop Banned Users Posts: 559
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Montell Jordan >>>>Eminem
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    This poll needs to be adjusted to include "I am X and I think he is ONE of the greatest". I don't think there is a greatest in hip-hop
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Nope seriousy as I said you either think he is one of the greatest or you do not anyone who reads the initial post can get the gist of it. I mean in the same conversation someone can say that Michael Jordan is the greatest and Magic Johnson is the greatest and Dr. Jay is the greatest at different points it does not take away form any of the others it is just common speach function and phrasing. The bad look for HipHop point is because in general most who do not feel he is amongst the greats feel he can be a bad look or a misrepresentation for Hiphop which is part or most of why they do not like him. If we are getting to Literal there would be Only one GOAT but we HipHop heads tend to generalize the term as being great....
    This poll needs to be adjusted to include "I am X and I think he is ONE of the greatest". I don't think there is a greatest in hip-hop
    check the quote above yours...
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    edited February 2010
    Options
    How did I hate on your Religion Child? I would never lie and say I am perfect nor would I say I have not made a mistake and No I am not Happy nor do I think Eminem is the devil. I am the biggest supporter of everyone having a right to their own a opinion and position on ? , if you love Eminem more power to you do not get mad because I do not that is hate. I do not hate any person I just hold disdain for some Kats and usually will list my reasons why, you do not have to agree but at least provide me the same respect you want afforded to you when I state my feelings on a matter. I argued against your threads being censored child and advocated the policy of if you do not like it do not support it by posting or spamming and let it be there for those that have something legitimate to say on the matter. You may be ragging or some other ? but oh well that is not going to change what I have to say. So you can hate me for being honest or respect our differences and leave it as that either way at the end of the day it is what it is...

Glad to see she caught a clue after this post...
  • Dretox2010
    Dretox2010 Members Posts: 1,295
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I'm black . Ion give a ? about your opinion . I think he's one of the Greatest .

-Hugs-

You are smart
  • NevaChange
    NevaChange Members Posts: 230
    edited February 2010
    Options
    One of the GOATS?
    The cross-dressing cornball isn't even in my top 30.
  • kidman123
    kidman123 Members Posts: 47
    edited February 2010
    Options
    One thing I've never understood is why people can't understand that this is a personal thing. I mean, it's all on how you react to the music and what it does for your life...whether it's just something you listen to once in a while, or if it's actually something that moves you. Some people will say Black Thought is the greatest, whereas to someone else, they don't care what he has to say.

As far as Industry respect I think it's obvious that Eminem holds his own. Does that constitute greatness? I don't know. To me he is great because of how much I enjoy his music, and so my answer would be yes, he's one of the greatest...but I don't think that there's any way to reach a consensus on whether or not a rapper is or is not one of the best ever. It's personal.

That's why people argue BIG vs Pac all day.
  • Capo1
    Capo1 Members Posts: 789
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I am white, and think talent wise eminem is one of the greatest. However, to quote "a bronx tale" there is nothing worse than wasted talent and I think em has wasted some of his to an extent. His first three albums were brilliant, but encore was a dud and relapse was cool but the content was very repetitive.

Em has the potential to be one of the greats when his career is done...

To say Eminem makes hip hop look bad is nonsense when there are rappers like gucci mane out there...
  • 2pacnbiggie
    2pacnbiggie Members Posts: 263 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Eminem is one of the g.o.a.t.s and im black and hes better than jay z easily
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    im black and em is an undisputed goat IMO. he is a rare mc. his talent is a gift. i can promise your favorite rapper would do anything to be a tenth of a mc that eminem is. his skill is original and too complex. it goes deeper than what you hear. to rhyme like em does is undescribeable. the breath control, the cadence, the command and delivery, bar structure, syllable placement is on a whole other level. infact the only rapper that could hang with em bar for bar would be bis. no one lyrically is ? with em. not nas. definetly not that big lipped ? jay z. not biggie. not pun. not rakim. not g rap. none of them lame slaughter house ? . not vakill or termanology. its just eminem and canibus who are the worlds best true pound for pound lyricists
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Eminem is one of the g.o.a.t.s and im black and hes better than jay z easily

? ? ? u dont luv ya black momma wtf is goin on on da net?? u should b ashamed that is just sum oreo ? rite therr @ itz finest puttin a redneck who is usin black musik like elvis who said he dont like that N!GGER ? ova da black man n black musik gtfoh!!
  • Skolar
    Skolar Members Posts: 71
    edited February 2010
    Options
    He's definitely one of the top 5 imo.
  • cbigscott
    cbigscott Members Posts: 2
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i think EM is a really good white rapper imo he is the GREAT WHITE HOPE he is the rapper that white folks that dont even like hiphop listen to. i see it everyday. this "dude" at my job listens to jonny cash, tim mcgraw etc but in his ugly ass brown halo edition zune the only hiphop he has is eminem and a couple of nelly singles, i say to him(purposely) i didnt know you liked hiphop, he says he likes everything. i've heard it a thousand times. in the hood you rarely hear eminem being bumped outta speakers, so whos buying and making him millions? i have to disagree with HOV numbers do lie cause you cant tell who's buying what, white/black. he makes the debate list because of his numbers + he can spit though.
  • maximus preme
    maximus preme Members Posts: 1,995 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    why is race even incoorporated in this and also your selections are stupid. I don't particularly love or hate eminem right now. he is too inconsistent to be one of the greatest. When he is on his game he is one of the greats but when he is not he is just some clown gimmick rapper akin to Vanilla Ice or MC Hammer.

for the record I voted but I'm not asian and I actually do like eminem I just think this poll is stupid.
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ]
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    im black and em is an undisputed goat IMO. he is a rare mc. his talent is a gift. i can promise your favorite rapper would do anything to be a tenth of a mc that eminem is. his skill is original and too complex. it goes deeper than what you hear. to rhyme like em does is undescribeable. the breath control, the cadence, the command and delivery, bar structure, syllable placement is on a whole other level. infact the only rapper that could hang with em bar for bar would be bis. no one lyrically is ? with em. not nas. definetly not that big lipped ? jay z. not biggie. not pun. not rakim. not g rap. none of them lame slaughter house ? . not vakill or termanology. its just eminem and canibus who are the worlds best true pound for pound lyricists

Pun??? R Serious???.........have u ever heard a Pun album b4???
  • Capo1
    Capo1 Members Posts: 789
    edited February 2010
    Options
    tri3w wrote: »
    ]

Pun??? R Serious???.........have u ever heard a Pun album b4???

pun is one of the most overrated rappers of all time. The dude was so fat that he had zero breath control and his flow was usually off beat. I don't understand all the hype he gets...
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Top 10 no, definetly a goat though. He ain't better than these dudes though, he is in the 10-20 range. To me Em has not made a pure classic yet, MMLP is the closest he came to one.

Jay,Nas,Pac,Big,Ice Cube, Scarface,Andre 3000,Rakim,Krs,Kane
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Capo1 wrote: »
    pun is one of the most overrated rappers of all time. The dude was so fat that he had zero breath control and his flow was usually off beat. I don't understand all the hype he gets...

ok............Ur Trppin............none of ya have heard a PUn album b4...........
  • maximus preme
    maximus preme Members Posts: 1,995 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Capo1 wrote: »

OK this is message board and I respect everyone's opinion but you need to slapped for this comment haha.
  • Kimchie
    Kimchie Members Posts: 1
    edited February 2010
    Options
    hi.. well this is the first thread i saw so i'll make my first post here since i love hip~hop ♥
    i think eminem is cool and i like his songs, if he's not one of the greatest of all time. i think he's still definitely be considered as a legend of hiphop =)
  • cubaroid
    cubaroid Members Posts: 483
    edited February 2010
    Options
    hes nice , he may be considered as a goat contender,but yes he has some questionable material that can keep him out of goat list
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    he's 1 of the goats simply for his wordplay and unique concepts. not the best but you cant deny he at least top 10

and to a poster above, yes, Big Pun IS overrated, as is almost every dead rapper