DO you THINK THAT ? INTERVENS IN SPORT GAMES?

Options
DRO
DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Tebo for instance... Dude is a christian and im sure he prays for him and his team to win... And im sure that the other teams pray that their team wins...

I know ? hears those prayers, but do you think he answers them or just let talent and skill take course seeing that both sides are prayin for the same thing?

Comments

• Niggersauce
    Niggersauce Members Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    of course ? intervenes in sports games to lead his christian followers to victory!

These multi million dollar players really need gods help more than starving families in the U.S, not even mentioning the ? going down in africa

Oh what a great ? he is
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    ? manipulates things in ways we can't even imagine and i can't imagine Him not using sports in some way meet His purpose. What's not always evident is the how/when/where part.
  • Aristo_V300
    Aristo_V300 Members Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    LeBron would be on the Knicks...
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Quarter2 wrote: »
    of course ? intervenes in sports games to lead his christian followers to victory!

These multi million dollar players really need gods help more than starving families in the U.S, not even mentioning the ? going down in africa

Oh what a great ? he is

Funny post...but you know those multi million dollar players can donate/give money to help those starving families in the U.S. and Africa...because The Most High blessed them with the talent that's paying them to be in position to be multi-millionaires.

... nice try discrediting.
  • Niggersauce
    edited December 2011
    Options
    If he blessed them with the talent to go out there and make that money, why wouldn't he bless them with the heart to share the wealth that he indirectly "gave" them?

You'd think an almighty ? would bless his children with a warm heart and not selfish talent....

....nice try deflecting
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited December 2011
    Options
    If he blessed them with the talent to go out there and make that money, why wouldn't he bless them with the heart to share the wealth that he indirectly "gave" them?

You'd think an almighty ? would bless his children with a warm heart and not selfish talent....

....nice try deflecting

Negative. There's no deflecting it's just simple truth.

You have some selfish ? out hoarding their wealth for themselves yet people wanna play the blame game on ? . It doesn't work that way. Either you have the choice to help people or the choice to don't help, we're all free will agents.

But on the topic, Tebow realizes his own skill isn't just enough to win.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    ? no. ? would be better off answering the prayers of people who REALLY need his blessings. Like those people who are homeless and starving to death. If ? answers the prayers of millionaire athletes like Tebow and ignores kids starving in Mexico or Haiti, than wow what an amazing ? we have lol
  • kingblaze84
    edited December 2011
    Options

You have some selfish ? out hoarding their wealth for themselves yet people wanna play the blame game on ? . It doesn't work that way. Either you have the choice to help people or the choice to don't help, we're all free will agents.

Uh huh. Riiiight. Lol.......if ? can bless an athlete and others with great wealth, he could also bless the same people to be more generous with their money. Since that isn't happening much, not sure if your post should be taken seriously.
  • kingblaze84
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    i personally don't because I don't think gods exist.

If i did think he existed I would wonder who has more power, yah, jahova, allah, budah, or vishnu
    what happens if two teams go against each other, but they're praying to different gods?
    which ? has more power than the other ? ?

if i had to choose a ? to pray to i would probably choose kratos
    he be out here sonnin gods.

I personally believe there are multiple gods out there but Kratos would be a helluva dude to worship. Him, Zeus and the Hindu ? Kali. Kali actually eats other gods, doesn't get more gangsta than that. The Biblical ? is just an ? .
  • beenwize
    beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options

U say ? blessed these athletes to play sports?

Considering ? is supposidly ALL KNOWING are u saying he is blessing people to play sports that he already knows will not donate money to the poor?

And if ? knew these athletes were selfish and would not donate money to the poor before he blessed them how can u say the athletes are at fault?
  • Niggersauce
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I personally believe there are multiple gods out there but Kratos would be a helluva dude to worship. Him, Zeus and the Hindu ? Kali. Kali actually eats other gods, doesn't get more gangsta than that. The Biblical ? is just an ? .

My kittens name is Kali....yes she earned the name
  • kingblaze84
    edited December 2011
    Options
    My kittens name is Kali....yes she earned the name

LOL your cat is cool in my book!
  • kingblaze84
    edited December 2011
    Options
    beenwize wrote: »

Considering ? is supposidly ALL KNOWING are u saying he is blessing people to play sports that he already knows will not donate money to the poor?

And if ? knew these athletes were selfish and would not donate money to the poor before he blessed them how can u say the athletes are at fault?

Hmm powerful post makes u think. If ? is blessing people who he knows will be selfish, why bless them? Why not bless those who are generous by nature? Disproves the fantasy that ? blesses certain sports teams lol, although I do believe a ? can bless a person with talent.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    If ? answers the prayers of millionaire athletes like Tebow and ignores kids starving in Mexico or Haiti, than wow what an amazing ? we have lol
    what if ? , however, makes Tebow successful so that, in turn, he'll use his millions to help starving kids in Mexico and Haiti?

on the other hand, we also know that there's no way ? 's a ? Denver Broncos fan, so this is all academic
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    lol

That's a joke. Give me an instance in the bible where, just for fun and the believers personal gain, ? allowed them to "win" in a sport...
  • VIBE
    edited December 2011
    Options

lol lol lol .....
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Show me where In the bible that ? will allow people to win the lottery
    Make it to work safe
    Make sure there kids make it to school safe.

You're sayin it like its impossible or something
  • VIBE
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Show me where In the bible that ? will allow people to win the lottery
    Make it to work safe
    Make sure there kids make it to school safe.

You're sayin it like its impossible or something

It is.

Show me where ? actually cares about money? His followers lived in deserts! They "sacrificed" their everything in their lives; livestock, money, work etc.

LOL @ "make it to work safe" and "their kids make it to school safe", historically and characteristic wise, ? doesn't give one ? about a human being for a human being.

Hey, make it to the "promise land" safe, but slaughter 3,000 of them for worshiping a golden calf. smh..

These dudes in cars drive around with crosses and stickers on their car quoting verses, images of angels and images of Jesus and ? . Come on, really?
  • janklow
    edited December 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    lol
    That's a joke. Give me an instance in the bible where, just for fun and the believers personal gain, ? allowed them to "win" in a sport...
    okay, no problem:
    Now it was the commissioner’s custom at the game to release a player chosen by the crowd. At that time they had a well-known prisoner whose name was Ben Roethlisberger. So when the crowd had gathered, Goodell asked them, “Which one do you want me to release to you: Ben Roethlisberger, or Richard Seymour?” For he knew it was out of self-interest that they had handed Seymour over to him.

While Goodell was sitting on the commissioner’s seat, his networks sent him this message: “Don’t have anything to do with that innocent man, for our ratings have leaped a great deal today because of him.”

But the referees and the Steeler homers persuaded the crowd to ask for Roethlisberger and to have Seymour ejected.

“Which of the two do you want me to release to you?” asked the commissioner.

“Roethlisberger,” they answered.

“What shall I do, then, with Richard Seymour?” Goodell asked.

They all answered, “Penalize him!”

“Why? What crime has he committed?” asked Goodell.

But they shouted all the louder, “Penalize him!”

When Goodell saw that he was getting nowhere, but that instead an uproar was starting, he took water and washed his hands in front of the crowd. “I am innocent of this man’s yardage,” he said. “It is your responsibility!”

All the people answered, “His yardage is on us and on our children!”

Then he released Roethlisberger to them. But he had Seymour fined $25,000 and 15 yards, and handed him over to be ejected.

Al Davis 27:15-26
    moral of the story: burn in hell, Steelers fans
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited December 2011
    Options

I guess you missed the part where I said "we're all free will agents". They have a choice to be selfish or unselfish. The key word is CHOOSE. Even though he knows the hearts of men, The Most High will not intervene with man's freewill to make a choice.

Just realize it..there are people who's full of greed who loves money and hoard it for themselves and don't give a ? to help anyone else.
  • VIBE
    edited December 2011
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    okay, no problem:moral of the story: burn in hell, Steelers fans

lol, well I'll be damned
  • janklow
    edited December 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »