2»

Comments

• fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Pond Scum
    Pond Scum Members Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    caddo man wrote: »
    They need more people. I dont believe it but I can say that if he did. He will face up to it. Ron Paul never gave a damn about letting people know how he really feels. But it would be a stretch for him because of his belief of personal freedoms.

Is it believable? Yes! The GOP is full of them.

it's been a known fact for years. there's nothing to not believe and he's been squirreling out of explaining it for at least 4 years now that I can remember.

the ? was called "the ron paul freedom report" yet he says he didn't write or read those articles and doesn't know who did.

he's the one that needs more people.
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    binstar wrote: »
    it's been a known fact for years. there's nothing to not believe and he's been squirreling out of explaining it for at least 4 years now that I can remember.

the ? was called "the ron paul freedom report" yet he says he didn't write or read those articles and doesn't know who did.

he's the one that needs more people.

Ducktales dude. You straight lying. And you're probably doing exactly what the media wants you to do. It's simply a smear campaign, and you're eating it right up. I don't think that Paul has ever "squirreled out" of explaining himself. Most likely, he has been asked this question ad nauseum, in order to discredit him. Explain it once, that's fine. But then being asked about it again and again? That's just annoying and pointless. This issue already has no relevant place in his campaign, so I don't blame him.

But we already addressed this issue months ago though didnt we? http://community.allhiphop.com/showthread.php?249285-School-Me-on-Ron-Paul/page6
  • ustreet_monsta
    ustreet_monsta Members Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Everybody knew this about Paul tho.

I just assume all White people born before 1960 have said or done some racist ? . As long as he didnt lynch anybody or use his beliefs to hurt anybody and he's not doing it now, I dont really care.

However, Paul has to own up to it and address it. Running from reporters is never a good look.
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Ron Paul is stupid
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    fiat_money wrote: »
    "We are constantly told that it is evil to be afraid of black men, it is hardly irrational."

After the Los Angeles riots, one article in a newsletter claimed, "Order was only restored in L.A. when it came time for the blacks to pick up their welfare checks."

One referred to Martin Luther King Jr. as "the world-class philanderer who beat up his paramours" and who "seduced underage girls and boys."

Another referred to Barbara Jordan, a civil rights activist and congresswoman as "Barbara Morondon," the "archetypical half-educated victimologist."

"Boy, it sure burns me to have a national holiday for Martin Luther King. I voted against this outrage time and time again as a Congressman. What an infamy that Ronald Reagan approved it! We can thank him for our annual Hate Whitey Day."

"If you have ever been robbed by a black teen-aged male, you know how unbelievably fleet-footed they can be." - Ron Paul, 1992

"Given the inefficiencies of what D.C. laughingly calls the `criminal justice system,' I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal." - Ron Paul, 1992

"We don't think a child of 13 should be held responsible as a man of 23. That's true for most people, but black males age 13 who have been raised on the streets and who have joined criminal gangs are as big, strong, tough, scary and culpable as any adult and should be treated as such." - Ron Paul, 1992

"What else do we need to know about the political establishment than that it refuses to discuss the crimes that terrify Americans on grounds that doing so is racist? Why isn't that true of complex embezzling, which is 100 percent white and Asian?" - Ron Paul, 1992

"Homosexuals, not to speak of the rest of society, were far better off when social pressure forced them to hide their activities."

Lol aw man so we now see Ron Paul's true colors. I'm glad I never considered myself a fan of his, although his foreign policy is still the most rational. With this being out there for the world to see I think Romney will be the nominee now. If Paul wins it, Obama wins in a landslide.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Pond Scum
    Pond Scum Members Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Plutarch wrote: »
    Ducktales dude. You straight lying. And you're probably doing exactly what the media wants you to do. It's simply a smear campaign, and you're eating it right up. I don't think that Paul has ever "squirreled out" of explaining himself. Most likely, he has been asked this question ad nauseum, in order to discredit him. Explain it once, that's fine. But then being asked about it again and again? That's just annoying and pointless. This issue already has no relevant place in his campaign, so I don't blame him.

But we already addressed this issue months ago though didnt we? http://community.allhiphop.com/showthread.php?249285-School-Me-on-Ron-Paul/page6

Please tell me how i'm lying.

In fact, tell me how i'm lying and Ron Paul isn't when he says he didn't write the articles and never read them and doesn't know who wrote them?

If he's ever given a satisfactory explanation of how an article got in a newsletter named after him with this quote...
    "Boy, it sure burns me to have a national holiday for Martin Luther King. I voted against this outrage time and time again as a Congressman. What an infamy that Ronald Reagan approved it! We can thank him for our annual Hate Whitey Day."

...it shouldn't be hard for you to link us to it. Were there other ex-congressmen writing for his newsletter and signing his name to it?

It's funny how you types always call people sheep yet you're just as willing to overlook, distort and manipulate facts about your chosen one as everybody else.

Again - what in my quote was a "straight up lie"?
  • kingblaze84
    edited December 2011
    Everybody knew this about Paul tho.

I just assume all White people born before 1960 have said or done some racist ? . As long as he didnt lynch anybody or use his beliefs to hurt anybody and he's not doing it now, I dont really care.

However, Paul has to own up to it and address it. Running from reporters is never a good look.

In a way I kind of agree. White people back in the days were much more ? up than Paul, and I could be wrong but one of Ron Paul's communication directors is Black. IDK, he seems very cool on some issues but these comments are gona finish him off. He was stupid saying these things in a newsletter and worse, signing his name on it. It's almost as if Republicans want Obama to win in a landslide lol. And I won't even vote for him.
  • ustreet_monsta
    edited December 2011
    In a way I kind of agree. White people back in the days were much more ? up than Paul, and I could be wrong but one of Ron Paul's communication directors is Black. IDK, he seems very cool on some issues but these comments are gona finish him off. He was stupid saying these things in a newsletter and worse, signing his name on it. It's almost as if Republicans want Obama to win in a landslide lol. And I won't even vote for him.

I mean whats more racist? Ron Paul wanting to end the war on drugs that gets Black men killed and locked up every day? Or Ronald Reagan and Bush Sr. flooding the Black community with ? and then locking up the people they hired to distribute it?

Whats more racist Ron Paul saying some foul ? that people say on forums and comment sections everyday? Or Bill Clinton creating work for welfare programs and 3 strikes laws?
  • kingblaze84
    edited December 2011
    I mean whats more racist? Ron Paul wanting to end the war on drugs that gets Black men killed and locked up every day? Or Ronald Reagan and Bush Sr. flooding the Black community with ? and then locking up the people they hired to distribute it?

Whats more racist Ron Paul saying some foul ? that people say on forums and comment sections everyday? Or Bill Clinton creating work for welfare programs and 3 strikes laws?

Good points man good points. Well we'll see how badly the media tarnishes Paul, for his sake I hope he just apologizes, takes responsibility for what he said and keeps it moving. The constant denials at this point is hurting him, if he apologizes for some of the inflammatory stuff, I think he'll be aight and actually have a chance to win the nomination.
  • ustreet_monsta
    edited December 2011
    Good points man good points. Well we'll see how badly the media tarnishes Paul, for his sake I hope he just apologizes, takes responsibility for what he said and keeps it moving. The constant denials at this point is hurting him, if he apologizes for some of the inflammatory stuff, I think he'll be aight and actually have a chance to win the nomination.

Yeah man. He needs to own those comments and apologize. Even Herman Cain's ? coulda survived if he had just owned up to his actions.
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Please tell me how i'm lying.

Ok, strictly speaking, I was out of line to call you a liar. I apologize for that.

What I was referring to when I said you were lying was what I inferred from what you said. I could be wrong here, but it seemed to me that you were clearly saying or implying that 1. Ron Paul was and/or is a racist and that he wrote those "racist diatribes" or was directly supportive of them, and 2. Ron Paul has not addressed this whole controversy and has avoided it altogether. I don't think that any of that is true. But if it is, please school a brother.
    In fact, tell me how i'm lying and Ron Paul isn't when he says he didn't write the articles and never read them and doesn't know who wrote them?

Again, if he is lying, please shed some knowledge on me because I must be ignorant here. Is it really entirely impossible that Ron Paul didn't write or read the articles or know who wrote them? I don't think so. If he didn't read, write or know about articles, would that make him a bad editor or publisher? Hell yes that would, and he should ashamed of hismelf. But would that necessarily make him a bad person or a racist? I don't think so.
    If he's ever given a satisfactory explanation of how an article got in a newsletter named after him with this quote...

...it shouldn't be hard for you to link us to it. Were there other ex-congressmen writing for his newsletter and signing his name to it?

Sorry dude, I'm just going to a lazy ? here and just drop the video that you yourself dropped in that other thread. I thought that Ron Paul gave a satisfactory explanation here. And I'll continue my laziness and repost what I posted in that other thread about my opinions on the video:

"I thought that he responded to the issue (the question wasn't very specific to be honest) very reasonably, sufficiently, and admirably. I think that it's hyperbolic to say that he avoided it and talked about something random. After responding to the issue, he did talk about another issue, but that issue was very related to the original issue. In addition, he made it very obvious that he was making the transition to talk about another different yet related issue in the interview in order to not play the interviewer's game and in order to play his own game. I wish I could see more of the interview, perhaps we're missing the best parts?"
    It's funny how you types always call people sheep yet you're just as willing to overlook, distort and manipulate facts about your chosen one as everybody else.

To be fair, I didn't outright call you a sheep. I don't know you that well to say that. But I still honestly think that you very well may be jumping on a bandwagon smear campaign. Imo, the racist excerpt that you dropped seems exactly what the media would've done (in fact, they did actually). I mean, what are we even arguing about here? I'm having a hard time seeing any real relevance to this whole issue. It seems like we're arguing over something largely irrelevant and simply scandalous (and racism is always a popular topic for scandals). Let me reiterate the questions in an old post you never answered:

"Speaking of which, I do have one honest question that has been on my mind. Let's say that this controversy is true and that Ron Paul did write or approve of the newsletters. What would be the significance? That he is a racist? That he can't be trusted as a politician? What do you ultimately think that this will say about Ron Paul? I guess what I'm asking is: what is the essential purpose of informing me about this controversy...I'll say one last thing. Or perhaps ask you one last thing. Do you think that Ron Paul is racist? Did it seem that Paul was racist in that video? Because, for me, it clearly seems that he's not, regardless of what happened in the past, and he clearly articulated that exact sentiment."
    Again - what in my quote was a "straight up lie"?

See first post. Again, my bad.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    yeh.. ? Paul!!!
    its all about Gringrich and Romney..
    cause we all know how much they love is ? ..

and Obama should win by a landslide!! even though all he did for blacks in LA was go to Roscoe's..

the day this country gets over race and religion the better..
    until then u get what u deserve..
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited December 2011
    on the other hand, there's a difference between what you're saying about Reagan (who certainly didn't hire people to sell ? ) and about Paul (who may have personally approved of said newsletters, although i guess this is in dispute).
  • kingblaze84
    edited December 2011
    CapitalB wrote: »
    yeh.. ? Paul!!!
    its all about Gringrich and Romney..
    cause we all know how much they love is ? ..

and Obama should win by a landslide!! even though all he did for blacks in LA was go to Roscoe's..

the day this country gets over race and religion the better..
    until then u get what u deserve..

I guess you won't vote for anyone next year huh? I remember you saying Paul would be the only person you'd vote for.
  • kingblaze84
    edited December 2011
    Yeah man. He needs to own those comments and apologize. Even Herman Cain's ? coulda survived if he had just owned up to his actions.

Exactly, I don't know why it's so ? hard for politicians to apologize for dumb comments they may have made in the past. It only increases respect from others, not decreases it. I understand it may show some kind of weakness but than again, ? just have to man up sometimes. By the way is that Nia Long's fine ass on your avy? I used to be in love with her.