thank me later vs. recovery

Options

Comments

• just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Recovery > thank me later, i wont thank that ? at all.
  • herbalism101
    herbalism101 Members Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Why wold I ever buy a hip hop magazine?

I'm done dude...You don't wanna debate, you wanna argue

? kids.........
  • contemplate
    contemplate Members Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Punisher__ wrote: »
    My problem with Recovery is that it seems to follow a "theme", but execution wise, it's just all over the place.

Em has never been a focused MC. He lacks direction, cohesion...and this album is a testament to that.

are you serious? you're holding him being diverse against him?
    I have don't get what you're saying about "good hip hop" and acting like R&B music can't be good when mixed with Hip Hop. Hip Hop is basically a spinoff of R&B anyway. You people focus on what you think hip hop should be based on what it has been in the past, but in the process you ignore good music when it's mixing with another genre to appeal to a broader audience. Drake has blended hip hop and R&B and the result was a Great album that will have broad appeal to a much larger audience.

TML >> Recovery.

just because something has a bigger audience and more people agree that it's a better album does not mean it is a better album. that is why there are opinions. and there is not right nor wrong. you can have a bunch of idiotic people tho which makes the opinion stupid.
    biggar wrote: »
    Maaaaaannnnnnnnn

I'mma just say this. Both of these albums get released, then we got a bunch of other albums coming down the pipeline like Big Boi, Kanye etc. Its a good time in music right now.

I've listened to about 2 mins of each song on both albums. They are both crazy. They both offer something completely different.
    Em comes with a lyrical overdose with a side of corny. And Drake comes with real life raps with a side of sauwftness.

But Imma have to go with Thank Me Later as a better album as of right now. I like the production better. It was more of a risk in going that direction without the same old boom bap formula. The beats seem to have an ambiance feel to them.

One thing I say about the new Em is, he is really back to spitting with aggression, I just wish the overall songs came out better. I'm not a fan of him singing, it sounds so forced and un natural.

I like both, but only time will tell what the better album is.
    explain bold
    Exactly.

Most people in this thread can't separate their ideals from the actual reality.

Saying Drake's album is "dope" but too "hip poppy", so it can't be better than Recovery is elitest thinking. Fact is, Drake was able to use creativity, originality, and coherence to concoct a solid LP...and that's what makes TML the superior of the two.

because someone's album is more creative (which it is not) does not mean it is superior. that's like saying t-pain when he first came out and when lil wayne dropped rebirth no other albums were close because they were original.
  • wordsRweapons
    wordsRweapons Members Posts: 3,217 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    lol @ calling me a clone and then repeating some quote that isn't even true. Hip hop isn't a lifestyle nor is a culture just because some idiotic rapper said it was.

Dude just took an L with that one
    You cannot argue with bias, its a contradiction. We all know you already hate eminem. You wanna know whats funny? The man in your avatar was quoted on saying Eminem is Top 5 Dead or Alive. Nuff said.
  • JerfyT
    JerfyT Members Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Thank Me Later is the album you will want to put on to relax right before you go to sleep. Recovery is 10 times the album.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Shock thread.

• deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I havent listend to either... and most likely wont listen to Drake's. Ill cop Recovery when it comes out.
  • weezyfgarbage
    weezyfgarbage Members Posts: 1,673
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Explain to me how your opinion is objective when you admit to not caring for Drake's style?

That's why I gave a grade range. Smarten up.
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Thank Me Later is possibly the softest "rap" album I've ever heard. Ever. I challenge anyone to name a softer rap album, ? Sade's album was harder than this ? and I'm not exaggerating. Actually its not a rap album it's a pop/rnb album. and it's not a good one, the song with jay was dope and there were 2 others that were decent. to sum it up the ? sucked.

Recovery sounds better every listen, and its actually rap. 4mic album.

As far as sales, its going to take Drake about a month to go plat, Em will do it in 2 weeks max.
  • Real Utah Nigguh!
    Real Utah Nigguh! Members Posts: 99
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Aint even heard Recovery but I'm going with just because of the weakness of TML. As an heterosexual man I cant bump that ? in the whip without a ? present.
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I don't understand how any serious rap fans could even entertain this debate. I'm on of the few Drake fans (at least admittedly) on this site, and TML was a good album (atleast 7.5/10), but Recovery blows it out of the water. I haven't even been able to listen to TML since I heard "Recovery", I like Drake but listening to more lyrical rappers really shows how monotonous and lazy his flow can be. Recovery >>> TML by far
  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »
    I don't understand how any serious rap fans could even entertain this debate. I'm on of the few Drake fans (at least admittedly) on this site, and TML was a good album (atleast 7.5/10), but Recovery blows it out of the water. I haven't even been able to listen to TML since I heard "Recovery", I like Drake but listening to more lyrical rappers really shows how monotonous and lazy his flow can be. Recovery >>> TML by far

Proof? You haven't backed up anything you said. No examples, no support, no nothing.

? yourself.
  • herbalism101
    herbalism101 Members Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Proof? You haven't backed up anything you said. No examples, no support, no nothing.

? yourself.

Ay yo ? ...Stop calling the kettle black
    You still haven't explained what you posted this morning...
  • contemplate
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Ay yo ? ...Stop calling the kettle black
    You still haven't explained what you posted this morning...

i think he just posts and leaves.. he did the same thing with my post.
  • rapfan84
    rapfan84 Members Posts: 228 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    This thread is ridiculous.

Recovery>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Thank Me Later

Eminem>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Drake

Close thread now, please.
  • Capo1
    Capo1 Members Posts: 789
    edited June 2010
    Options
    punisher just mad that eminem sings better than mariah

Recovery>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MC's career
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Capo1 wrote: »
    punisher just mad that eminem sings better than mariah

Recovery>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MC's career

Punisher is the biggest ? loser in the world. How do you explain the fact that he joined around the same time as you and has 10 times as many posts? He never leaves his computer so the only time he can feel smart/tough is online
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    damn ? actually think drake album is better??? lol no way, eminem ? on drake I cant get into this r&b ? (rap&? )
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options

? yourself.

damn! lol...........when lacking proof you should just ? yourself......i will take a note of that for myself lol
  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »
    Punisher is the biggest ? loser in the world. How do you explain the fact that he joined around the same time as you and has 10 times as many posts? He never leaves his computer so the only time he can feel smart/tough is online

4k posts of pure, unassailable substance >>>> 397 posts of ? .

You mad?

Don't question me, because I'd hate for you to be obliterated by my mentals.

I end IC careers.
  • contemplate
    edited June 2010
    Options
    hey, he's doing that thing where he ignores posts, guys.
  • josea82
    josea82 Members Posts: 145
    edited June 2010
    Options
    HAVE NOT LISTEN TO THANK ME LATER YET probability WONT BUT I HAVE LISTEN TO RECOVERY AND THE PROBLEMS WITH THE ALBUM FOR ME ARE ALL THE SONGS ARE STRAIGHT FOWARD NOTHING CREATIVE AND THE HOOKS ARE HORRIBLE YOU LISTEN TO EM ALBUMS TO GET AWAY FROM GARBAGE OUT THERE BUT THEN HE PUTS RIAHANNA PINK LIL WAYNE ON THE ALBUM BUT THE ? I'VE HEARD FROM DRAKE ALBUM SO FAR I AM NOT EXPECTING ANYTHING SPECIAL
  • InMyLifeTime91
    InMyLifeTime91 Members Posts: 1,289
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i JUST downloaded both.. listened to them back-to-back n i gotta be honest Recovery > Thank Me Later.. Thank Me Later is good for Drake debut album but Em is a vet n obviously knows how to craft an album better. ima buy Recovery for sure, Thank Me Later idk bout..
  • therealist_
    therealist_ Members Posts: 3,389 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    "When you buy a bootleg or pirate a download off the Net, you don't get the real thing. The sound sucks, the sequencing is wrong, you're probably missing some tracks, and you don't even get the artwork and CD bonuses".

—Nas
  • ShadyTeam
    ShadyTeam Members Posts: 4,894 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Crazy thread

Recovery is gonna go down as a classic i think

Drakes Album is no where near Recovery