thank me later vs. recovery

Comments

• ShadyTeam
    ShadyTeam Members Posts: 4,894 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    genstasia wrote: »
    i havent heard Em's album so im not gonna comment on it..... but Drake's album is a very well constructed album... Being that we all know Eminem is a far better lyricist than Drake and i personally dont get why ppl was expecting to hear a pure rap album from Drake... So Far Gone was what made him hit his High point and that mixtape has about 4 more strictly R&B tracks on it than Thank Me Later... But i will repeat Drake is an excellent song writer and i think thats the lane he is gonne go down... Not this Supreme Rapper yall want him to be.....

If you are looking for excellent high level Song Writting i really suggest you listen to Recovery cos it shows Song Writting at it's finest from the Lyricism to the Hook's to the emotion and content

You can call me a stan or whatever but i really do reccommend the Album and i think you will be really pleased with it if you like real Music

When people say Eminem is the best i am gonna say this Album is one of the reasons to back that claim up and shows why he is arguably the best Song Writter
  • InMyLifeTime91
    InMyLifeTime91 Members Posts: 1,289
    edited June 2010
    Naw thats true... an actual ALbum sounds wayyy better than when u download... turnin a song to a MP3 compresses it so the sound is gonna be off....

idk u find pretyy clear versions of the songs wen u download em once the album came out. but i agree they sound better wen u buy the album but maybe thats cuz u be on youre high horse like "yeah i just bought this ? "... but if the album turns out weak u gonna want ur money back. its better to download and sample first
  • InMyLifeTime91
    edited June 2010
    ShadyTeam wrote: »
    If you are looking for excellent high level Song Writting i really suggest you listen to Recovery cos it shows Song Writting at it's finest from the Lyricism to the Hook's to the emotion and content

You can call me a stan or whatever but i really do reccommend the Album and i think you will be really pleased with it if you like real Music

When people say Eminem is the best i am gonna say this Album is one of the reasons to back that claim up and shows why he is arguably the best Song Writter

its nowhere near Marshall Mathers LP.. u gotta chill out Drake did his thing too tho just aint ass good as Recovery
  • InMyLifeTime91
    edited June 2010
    i dont like Em... and i dont listen to him... And i heard the song with Pink and that ? sucked hairy nut sacks (just like Em).....

yeah that song and WTP r horrible
  • ShadyTeam
    edited June 2010
    See when i'm saying Eminem is the best i am basing it of Song Writting as well, he is a superior Song Writter to others

Eminem's formula was to Rap about something deep to him lets say it's his daughter he will Rap about a deep topic like that but be Lyrical at the same time as using emotion

And Sing a very emotional Hook but make it catchy so your average listener will stay on track with the Lyricism while anticipating the Hook

I'm not saying Eminem is the best for the fun of it i am basing it of Music, i know we argued a few times but i dare you to listen to Recovery all the way through and tell me it ain't pure quality Music
  • InMyLifeTime91
    edited June 2010
    n he shoulda got drake on the hook on "seduction" that woulda made the song 10x better
  • therealist_
    therealist_ Members Posts: 3,389 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    idk u find pretyy clear versions of the songs wen u download em once the album came out. but i agree they sound better wen u buy the album but maybe thats cuz u be on youre high horse like "yeah i just bought this ? "... but if the album turns out weak u gonna want ur money back. its better to download and sample first

are people seriously hurting over $10?
  • InMyLifeTime91
    edited June 2010
    are people seriously hurting over $10?

? i buy albums i got the money for some cd's but its the point i be salty buyin wack ass albums like Deeper Than Rap then just got that ? sittin there for 2 years
  • therealist_
    therealist_ Members Posts: 3,389 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Hell yea... i need every dime i get...

lol, i really wasn't expecting that,

good looking for the honesty!
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Punisher__ wrote: »
    4k posts of pure, unassailable substance >>>> 397 posts of ? .

You mad?

Don't question me, because I'd hate for you to be obliterated by my mentals.

I end IC careers.

I'm just gonna let the world read this, laugh, and realize how big of a loser you are
  • supaman4321
    supaman4321 Members Posts: 946
    edited June 2010
    Recovery easily in my opinion Thank me later wasn't bad, but Drake sounds the same on EVERY song to me, i really liked the production on Thank me later so musically i give it a B but as far as artistically and lyrically it's a C/C+

Recovery is the total package of dope beats and dope rhymes, i can let it play the whole way through without skippin a track, the only people that could handle holding Em's pen right now are Lupe and Royce i don't think it can get any better in that department and musically it's dope album's a solid 8.5/9.0 to me
  • contemplate
    contemplate Members Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    i dont like Em... and i dont listen to him... And i heard the song with Pink and that ? sucked hairy nut sacks (just like Em).....

so, you've listened to one song and made your whole opinion based off that?

cool.
  • youngin13
    youngin13 Members Posts: 2
    edited June 2010
    i really dont get the whole drake hype
    i never really been a fan, i do like some of his hooks and features but never saw him as the next big thing
    somehow he became the golden boy of rap, so i decided to give his album a chance
    after 1 listen i felt no reason to listen again, it really was one of the softest albums i ever heard
    and i get down with the new "alrwenative rap" music, i thought cudi's album was really good
    but he actually had some diversity, literally all i heard from drake was talkin about girls, and how he is now the man
    maybe im hating, maybe i need to give it another lister, but i hear nothing special from drake

so ovbiously, recovery is better than tml
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    thank me later sounds pretty good worth buying
  • ShadyTeam
    edited June 2010
    so, you've listened to one song and made your whole opinion based off that?

cool.

I think she is racist
  • weezyfgarbage
    weezyfgarbage Members Posts: 1,673
    edited June 2010
    speaking of racists, how is it possible for a specific race to not be racist? Just so we're clear, anybody can be racist, regardless of race. All it takes is a disdain of people belonging to another race. Hell, even your own race...and saying racist stuff does not make you a racist....racism is a mentality, not some corny joke with a racially motivated punchline that you heard from someone else.

Anyway, if Recovery is really a double disc then I don't think we can compare TML to recovery. For all we know the second disc could be completely wack (though probably not) and that would mean TML is the better album...just wait.
  • DaPrinciplez
    DaPrinciplez Members Posts: 1,148
    edited June 2010
    Anyway, if Recovery is really a double disc then I don't think we can compare TML to recovery. For all we know the second disc could be completely wack (though probably not) and that would mean TML is the better album...just wait.

What makes you think it's a double album? I've seen the tracklist online and haven't seen anythin about a double disk....
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    i think thank me later was ok, a solid 6.5 outta 10...

it prolly will grow on me more cuz i thought both mainstream singles(over/find your love) were ? upon first listen then they grew on me, and shut it down was always a great song imo..

ive only heard not afraid and the collab wit lil wayne from eminem, and i must say both of them are quite fire(despite em's horrid sangin in not afraid)...
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Drake can't see Em on the mic but,he's tight and the singing thing,even though some might hate it is a extra vibe he brings.I feel like as far as it's effect on the culture Drake being the new guy has made something different that will set a tone for years.As far as the youngr MCs Drakes album will be a classic.Musically it's original.It sets a new vibe that goes along with the vibe of the youth and the new culture of hip hop.Em's album is cool,but,I don't feel the beats make it a classic but,it's not as bad as I first thought.Em will surely out sell Drake but,Drake will do good numbers and get more play.
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    lil b's album shittin on both
  • maximus preme
    maximus preme Members Posts: 1,995 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Thank Me Later.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited June 2010
    how about this logical answer...I like both albums and have been listening to both since I got them...they both have good songs and each cd offers the listener something different...it's quite possible to enjoy both albums equally
  • TheTurtleMan730
    TheTurtleMan730 Members Posts: 46
    edited June 2010
    Recovery by far

Lyrics: Recovery >> TML
    Content: Recovery >> TML
    Production: They about equal
    Replay Value: Recovery >>> TML

Plus there was only one guest verse in Recovery, while there was 4 in TML.
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Eminem album is dope you should buy the album.. Drake album was wack
  • za'kiss
    za'kiss Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    blackrain wrote: »
    how about this logical answer...I like both albums and have been listening to both since I got them...they both have good songs and each cd offers the listener something different...it's quite possible to enjoy both albums equally

Lol yea, but which one is better?