thank me later vs. recovery

124»

Comments

• GMANN
    GMANN Members Posts: 29
    edited June 2010
    lol @ calling me a clone and then repeating some quote that isn't even true. Hip hop isn't a lifestyle nor is a culture just because some idiotic rapper said it was.

u cant be serious

Recovery > thank me later
  • Craig Robinson
    Craig Robinson Members Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Time for an objective opinion.

Drake's album isn't a classic...you cant judge those things until years have passed. It's a solid album with great production and features, if mediocre/redundant on the lyrical side. The RnB/rapping thing is up to preference. Me, I don't really care for it...solid B/B+ album tough.

Recovery has diverse production, and naturally on-point lyricism from em...maybe 1 or 2 suspect tracks (Seduction and Won't Back Down) but otherwise a great album, provided it isn't a double disc as rumored (if so, then this analysis is void until the second disc is leaked/bought/listened to). I'd say it ? on encore and relapse and falls somewhere between MMLP and TES. A-/A

As for sales....I used to say 200K+ but it seems like all these people I know who never bought a CD in their life are going out especially to support drake because he apparently is larger than hip hop...or some ? like that. So more like 450K I guess. Em's gonna do em numbers, 600 - 700K first week.

LOL @ at there being such thing as an "objective opinion"
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Supposedly, the former Relapse 2 album is to packaged as a bonus disk for the Recovery release which is what some have alluded to.

To answer the question....Recovery
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    AK.aPHillYisILL Members Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Supposedly, the former Relapse 2 album is to packaged as a bonus disk for the Recovery release which is what some have alluded to.

To answer the question....Recovery

Damn... Really? I thought Em threw Relapse 2 in the garbage??? I was gonna cop Recovery anyways so "if" Relapse 2 comes with it than that will be pretty sick.
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    I believe he lost his mojo into making good music,when his homeboy died
  • 2pacnbiggie
    2pacnbiggie Members Posts: 263 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Recovery is better by far....better flows, better rhymes, more diversity in the flows and rhyme schemes....i can go on and on. Drakes production maybe slighty better but thats about it. Overall Drakes ? is kinda soft and the few females in this thread that say Drake's album is better need to take a listen to Recovery again...
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Damn... Really? I thought Em threw Relapse 2 in the garbage??? I was gonna cop Recovery anyways so "if" Relapse 2 comes with it than that will be pretty sick.

Just a rumor so I wouldn't get my hopes completely up, but yeah it would be great if that was the case.

Em seems to want to put a stamp on his status in the game.
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    AK.aPHillYisILL Members Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Just a rumor so I wouldn't get my hopes completely up, but yeah it would be great if that was the case.

Em seems to want to put a stamp on his status in the game.

Yea no doubt! Like I said i'm going to cop Recovery no matter what.

I honestly don't think Em needs to put a stamp on his status in the game. For me, he already has.

In my opinion, he's in my top 5... ? , he's about to be in my top 3.
  • L.P. Royal Flush
    L.P. Royal Flush Members Posts: 770
    edited June 2010
    I can't believe this is a thread, what is there to compare, Drake is trash
  • weezyfgarbage
    weezyfgarbage Members Posts: 1,673
    edited June 2010
    LOL @ at there being such thing as an "objective opinion"

lol. It's halfway between drake stans and em stans...it's as close to objective as you can get...ctfd.
  • siqnih da rapper
    siqnih da rapper Members Posts: 5,699 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    man thank me later ? on recovery em had to many wack punchlines on there real talk
  • money23
    money23 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    damn are u death or u have drake's ? in ur year em's album ? on tml everyone knows that men lie women lie numbers dont
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    jaebizness wrote: »
    Fact is ..........Recovery>>>>>TML......So Far Gone Mixtape>>>>>>TML.......and i like TML....my only problem is the whole album is about how he made it......its his debut album he shouldn't be talking about he made it until this album is succeeds.......anything under 600,000 is a flop and i'm being generous the way they hyped it up.......TML Song concepts and structure are good even though they are 99.9 % the same......Lyrics are mediocre besides The resistance and light up........I Give it to him thought because he is smart enough to go after the female fan base.......they will actually buy his album......As Far as recovery is concerned....Lyrics are 100% on point and anyone who disagrees Fools, "Do You Listen To Music Or Do You Just Skim Through It"....the weakest track is Wont Back Down.....Now Im Not White but fact is Em will never get respect in Hip Hop Because he is white and Most Of Hip Hop Are Racist and will never admit to a white man being one of or if not the greatest.....BTW Hes not the greatest IMO....

LOL where have you been ? ride Ems ? all the time.Plus like 60% of hip hop costumers are white hes one of the most overrated MCs of all time. Vibe voted him best of all time.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    thanke me later imo, recovery is the most overrated album of the year
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    TML album of the year.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    youngin13 wrote: »
    i really dont get the whole drake hype
    i never really been a fan, i do like some of his hooks and features but never saw him as the next big thing
    somehow he became the golden boy of rap, so i decided to give his album a chance
    after 1 listen i felt no reason to listen again, it really was one of the softest albums i ever heard
    and i get down with the new "alrwenative rap" music, i thought cudi's album was really good
    but he actually had some diversity, literally all i heard from drake was talkin about girls, and how he is now the man
    maybe im hating, maybe i need to give it another lister, but i hear nothing special from drake

so ovbiously, recovery is better than tml

damn...i agree wit all this
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    I listened to TML once because that's all I could tolerate. There wasn't nothing spectaclar about Drake's album, it was mediocre at best. Anyone that says otherwise is probally just a huge Drake dickrider. My problem with Drake's album is that there's not one memorable song on there, all that ? sound the same. Predictable Dr. Seuss like metaphors and punchlines. And just the fact that dude don't be talking about a damn thing in his songs. Someone else mentioned that Drake's album is the most soft rap albulm ever...and I couldnt agree more. "Find Your Love" is one of the worst songs I've heard this year! I was never really an Eminem fan before Recovery dropped, but his album changed my thoughts bout him. Recovery ? on TML. I was actually REALLY suprised at how hard Em's album is. The first time i heard "No Love", "25 to Life", and "Spacebound", I was literally sitting there afterwards thinking "daaamn this ? hard as fuckkkk". The emotion and deep lryics that he puts in his rhymes is really what puts Recovery far above TML. I'm not saying all of Recovery is perfect, because there a few songs on there that I don't like. But for the most part, Recovery is a dope album that shouldn't even be compared to Drake's trash.

Another thing that sets the 2 apart. TML has 8 damn guests on his tracks. While Recovery only has 4. Let's face it, Drake couldn't carry that album by himself, he needed those people. And his album still isnt even half way decent. Recovery>>>>>>>>>>TML.