Liquid Swords vs. OBFCL vs. Supreme Clientele

Options
Nah Son
Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in The Face Off Forum
A.k.a which is the GOAT Wu solo joint?

I gotta go with Liquid Swords that ? is too epic and gots to be in my Top 5 ever. RZA set the mood perfectly that ? sounded like a movie and GZA was on some other ? lyrically pllus all the guest appearances (Deck, Ghost, ? , Killah Priest) killed it ? even destroyed the host on Shadowboxin.

Close call though all of these three are undisputed classics.

1. LS
2. OBFCL
3. SC

Comments

• Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Cuban Linx and it's not even close
  • And_So_It_Burns
    And_So_It_Burns Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    You thought sc was better than ironman?
  • dizzmatic89
    dizzmatic89 Members Posts: 721
    edited December 2011
    Options
    You thought sc was better than ironman?

Hell yeah.

My vote is for Cuban Linx
  • Bamabornandraised
    Bamabornandraised Members Posts: 101
    edited December 2011
    Options
    It wad hard for me too but I chose sc also. Just one of my fave albums of all time. Still knock it regularly to this day.
  • Lincoln
    Lincoln Members Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    My vote goes to Liquid Swords.

Also, I put Ironman and No Said Date before Supreme Clientele
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Cuban Linx and it's not even close

...Cuban Lanx easily
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    ironman and fishscale>>supreme clientele
  • dizzmatic89
    dizzmatic89 Members Posts: 721
    edited December 2011
    Options
    ironman and fishscale>>supreme clientele

You're wylin out son
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Damn this is ridiculously hard, but right now I'm rolling with

1. LS
    2. SC
    3. OB4CL
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Liquid Swords. hands down. I love OB4CL and SC but besides Ironman no wu solo can ? with Liquid Swords. That album is top to bottom 100% advanced hip hop. Perfect execution. no one in the history of hip hop has made album as perfect and coheisve as liquid swords. GZA does more than go in on liquid swords i cant even find a hypebeast word for where GZA was at lyrically. Mindblowing would seem cheesy to say about every track on this album. He did his ? thing. Liquid Swords is my all time favorite song ever period.the hook is infectious. i never heard nothing like it before. dope dope dope beat. i can listen to the instrumental for the rest of my life. dope rhymes. that clock radio speaker top 5 battle line. GZA caught wreck on that ? i love that song. Duel of the iron mic deck and masta killa held they own. sometimes i say deck got gza but i listen to gza verse. incredible song. He took living in the world today to the noose and killed that ? . that song made me understand what rhyming is all about. 2 stellar verses that shaped my life as a teen. yeah its that serious. gold could be a screen play. you feel like you right there at that meeting where GZA gotta peel them 2 ? cap back. the chorus basically sums up the dark intent of the drug game. the only ballerific line in that song is when he mentioned about dude promising his mom mad rooms and she died and put 100k in her tomb. this aint no RD/LAD im jumping over tables shooting 360 like mission impossible 3 this is criminology and mafioso at its most brilliant. same thing with cold world. back to the ? spot on lexington classic line. shoot me if im wrong. deck backdoored and killed that ? . vivid crime rhymes. if you gonna rap mafioso ? please be descriptive like gold and cold world. labels sweep the grime away for a second and show you gza killing it his wordplay. tommy aint my ? boy. another classic hip hop phrase. we just halfway through the album and you already got your money/minds worth but it aint over. that guitar riff does nothing but hype ? up on 4th chamber. ghost ripped that ? out the frame. watch out for haiti ? i heard they throw hex. method man killed shadowboxing. got gza on his own track. but the wu aint sensitive ? that go back and rerecord verses take ? off songs. that rza interlude is funny don rodweegez fom the bwonx. killa hill 10304 way ahead of its time. yall already know the lnes im speaking on. ? quick to throw up 9/11 wiki facts in the social room but forget gza open ? mind about jihad exteremissts back in 95. this song plus all the nwo/illuminati talk on wu tang forever place my ? on a higher social conciouness level than alot of them rappers in the mid 90s. thats why i love wu tang. they taught me more than i learned in school. but back to ls. yeah killah hills 10304 dope track eerie alliterations in that song. wu too advanced for ? . investigative reports ghost ripped another track out the box. more crazy quotables that stick out. rednecks be hanging big ? down in memphis let me know as southerner wu was bleeding for the black man worldwide instead of being east coast eltists. swordsman is my 2nd favorite track off liquid swords. that song made me try to figure out the hidden jewels he rapped and thats how i started getting in to nge, noi , mst, black disciples literature. gotcha back makes the album close out grimey. criminals robbin innocent ? everytime. gza mopped the floor with that beat. BIBLE was a dope killah priest solo. i never heard it until 96 because i had the LS vinyl (which just got re released 2 months ago. i bought 2 copies keeping them sealed yall need to go buy history) but the first time i heard it i was blown away. just when you think the album was a closed book priest opens it back up and goes innnnnnn on BIBLE. only real wu ? went and did they homework after hearing BIBLE. nothing but that world knowledge/black israelite jewels on this track i still dont understand some of the stuff he was spittin. Liquid Swords is a masterpiece. GOAT Hip Hop album. I love Ironman and I love Spice 1 debut but this Liquid Swords we talking about through. 500 mics. 1000/10. dont nare one of you ? even put a jay z nas or biggie album in the same sentence as Liquid Swords. Liquid Sword better than all of them.
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Cuban Lank is def a classic, but lyrically imma ride wit liquid swords
  • Lincoln
    edited December 2011
    Options
    uolag wrote: »
    lmao ..... i like masta killa but

C'MON SON

dont give a damn what you say
    i can listen to that album without skipping a track, and then when im done listening still want to go back and listen to most of the songs. not many albums can i do that with.
  • KeepinItHundred
    KeepinItHundred Members Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i guess people like ghost's "abstract" style more than iron man.
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    What's funny is back in the day, ? really didn't care for "Liquid Swords"....great album, yes...classic tracks, no doubt....classic album, hell no!
    OB4CL >>>>> Supreme Clientele >>>>> Liquid Swords......
  • bigdave
    bigdave Members Posts: 34
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Cuban Linx was always the best Wu album to me..I'd put Liquid Swords 2 and S.C. 3rd
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    lord have mercy who saw that wall of text by tompetrez?
  • Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    As a Wu head this is extremely difficulty for me. All be beyond Classic.

1. LS = OB4CL
    3. SC
  • its....JOHN B
    edited December 2011
    Options

I'm going to read it I just need to take a ? , heat some chicken and grab a beer before i jump into it, its going to be a while
  • its....JOHN B
    edited December 2011
    Options
    You're wylin out son

Fishscale might be the best album in the past 5 years, easily the most underrated and deserves a 5 mic rating, dont sleep
  • Lincoln
    edited December 2011
    Options

at first all i saw was the name of some of the songs, and i was about to tell you "yo you know thats the text from the back of the album cover right?"
    went back and double-checked so i didn't look stupid
    dude may be out of his mind
  • real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    Liquid Swords. hands down. I love OB4CL and SC but besides Ironman no wu solo can ? with Liquid Swords. That album is top to bottom 100% advanced hip hop. Perfect execution. no one in the history of hip hop has made album as perfect and coheisve as liquid swords. GZA does more than go in on liquid swords i cant even find a hypebeast word for where GZA was at lyrically. Mindblowing would seem cheesy to say about every track on this album. He did his ? thing. Liquid Swords is my all time favorite song ever period.the hook is infectious. i never heard nothing like it before. dope dope dope beat. i can listen to the instrumental for the rest of my life. dope rhymes. that clock radio speaker top 5 battle line. GZA caught wreck on that ? i love that song. Duel of the iron mic deck and masta killa held they own. sometimes i say deck got gza but i listen to gza verse. incredible song. He took living in the world today to the noose and killed that ? . that song made me understand what rhyming is all about. 2 stellar verses that shaped my life as a teen. yeah its that serious. gold could be a screen play. you feel like you right there at that meeting where GZA gotta peel them 2 ? cap back. the chorus basically sums up the dark intent of the drug game. the only ballerific line in that song is when he mentioned about dude promising his mom mad rooms and she died and put 100k in her tomb. this aint no RD/LAD im jumping over tables shooting 360 like mission impossible 3 this is criminology and mafioso at its most brilliant. same thing with cold world. back to the ? spot on lexington classic line. shoot me if im wrong. deck backdoored and killed that ? . vivid crime rhymes. if you gonna rap mafioso ? please be descriptive like gold and cold world. labels sweep the grime away for a second and show you gza killing it his wordplay. tommy aint my ? boy. another classic hip hop phrase. we just halfway through the album and you already got your money/minds worth but it aint over. that guitar riff does nothing but hype ? up on 4th chamber. ghost ripped that ? out the frame. watch out for haiti ? i heard they throw hex. method man killed shadowboxing. got gza on his own track. but the wu aint sensitive ? that go back and rerecord verses take ? off songs. that rza interlude is funny don rodweegez fom the bwonx. killa hill 10304 way ahead of its time. yall already know the lnes im speaking on. ? quick to throw up 9/11 wiki facts in the social room but forget gza open ? mind about jihad exteremissts back in 95. this song plus all the nwo/illuminati talk on wu tang forever place my ? on a higher social conciouness level than alot of them rappers in the mid 90s. thats why i love wu tang. they taught me more than i learned in school. but back to ls. yeah killah hills 10304 dope track eerie alliterations in that song. wu too advanced for ? . investigative reports ghost ripped another track out the box. more crazy quotables that stick out. rednecks be hanging big ? down in memphis let me know as southerner wu was bleeding for the black man worldwide instead of being east coast eltists. swordsman is my 2nd favorite track off liquid swords. that song made me try to figure out the hidden jewels he rapped and thats how i started getting in to nge, noi , mst, black disciples literature. gotcha back makes the album close out grimey. criminals robbin innocent ? everytime. gza mopped the floor with that beat. BIBLE was a dope killah priest solo. i never heard it until 96 because i had the LS vinyl (which just got re released 2 months ago. i bought 2 copies keeping them sealed yall need to go buy history) but the first time i heard it i was blown away. just when you think the album was a closed book priest opens it back up and goes innnnnnn on BIBLE. only real wu ? went and did they homework after hearing BIBLE. nothing but that world knowledge/black israelite jewels on this track i still dont understand some of the stuff he was spittin. Liquid Swords is a masterpiece. GOAT Hip Hop album. I love Ironman and I love Spice 1 debut but this Liquid Swords we talking about through. 500 mics. 1000/10. dont nare one of you ? even put a jay z nas or biggie album in the same sentence as Liquid Swords. Liquid Sword better than all of them.

wooo! Nice analysis. Liquid Swods = top 5 albums ever. The choice is simple.
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Well damn Tomp took over this thread. Great post.
  • Who Cares???
    Who Cares??? Members Posts: 1,167
    edited December 2011
    Options
    OB4CL. The aggression on that album is unmatched. That albums embodies NYC. Takes me back to being a young dumb ? lacing ? .
  • stupot0607
    stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    For Me it goes:

1. OBFCL - Just passes Liquid swords cause its cinematic experience. Pure heat.
    2. Liquid Swords - Dense sounding, Wu sound at its best.
    3. Supreme Clientele - Lyrically Ghost is on point on this

All Classics 5/5

Wu Tang Forever
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options