Future Super Hero Movies?

Lou Cypher
Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
What do you know is confirmed or what superhero would you like to see get a movie?

I know a new spawn is coming eventually and that is my most anticipated. I hope they do better with Green Lantern 2 and i want to see a Black Panther movie i bet thatd be dope.

Comments

• KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    I definitely wanna see a Black Panther Movie
    .600304-black_panther_storm_at_home_super_m.jpg

I only wanna see a Spawn movie if Todd Mcfarlane isn't involved. From wat I heard his ? wants to do a spawn movie where he is hardly even seen and it focuses on the Cops Sam & Twitch and they use Al Simmons not some white guy. I can't belive Todd McFarlane has ruined his own creation so much.
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    What do you know is confirmed or what superhero would you like to see get a movie?

I know a new spawn is coming eventually and that is my most anticipated. I hope they do better with Green Lantern 2 and i want to see a Black Panther movie i bet thatd be dope.

Didn't know they were planning making a new Spawn but Spawn has to stay black... Plenty of black actors out there
  • Lou Cypher
    edited December 2011
    Wtf i didnt hear about that. I loved the first spawn movie. i was also really young and didnt know anything about the comic. I read the first 100 issues of spawn and it is ill. Last i heard about the movie was todd saying he wanted to make it a lot darker than the last spawn and it was supposed to be really brutal. Thats heartbreaking what you just said lol.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    KingJamal wrote: »
    I definitely wanna see a Black Panther Movie
    .600304-black_panther_storm_at_home_super_m.jpg

I only wanna see a Spawn movie if Todd Mcfarlane isn't involved. From wat I heard his ? wants to do a spawn movie where he is hardly even seen and it focuses on the Cops Sam & Twitch and they use Al Simmons not some white guy. I can't belive Todd McFarlane has ruined his own creation so much.

McFarlane has an ego bigger than Michael Bay's...dude is o far up his own ass its ridiculous!
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Deadpool movie is supposed to be coming
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    i too like the 1st spawn. its time for a black super hero to make it big debut. black panther would be good. what's up it the luke cage one tho? haven't heard much about it. i know tyrese is itchin to play luke cage.
  • Lou Cypher
    edited December 2011
    I hear a lot about this character im gonna look him up. Is he a hero by himself or is he in a group? (xmen, justice league, etc.)
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    the spawn cartoon that used to come on HBO was right behind x men as the GOAT
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    deadpool movie is supposed to be coming

gangsta!!!!if so!!!

Deadpool would be a hit.they cant ? that up though.
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    A Spawn movie has the potential to be the GOAT comic book movie, and this is coming from someone who's favorite superhero is Batman. A Deadpool movie would also probably be better than the Wolverine one
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    I hear a lot about this character im gonna look him up. Is he a hero by himself or is he in a group? (xmen, justice league, etc.)

Has his own comic, is not part of the DC or Marvel universe. Deals more with the occult than normal comic book stuff.
  • Lou Cypher
    edited December 2011
    Dope ima try finding his comics online.
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    spawn i would hope they do and not ? up imo they need to get michael jai white back to reprise the role black panther also and hope one day they put together a justice league movie like they are doing the avengers next summer
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited December 2011
    i wasn't too into superheroes growing up but i'd like to see a better take on catwoman (if that counts). that dumb halle berry movie ? the whole ? up & depending on how she's portrayed in DKR it could open up something for someone to do something different in the future.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    i wasn't too into superheroes growing up but i'd like to see a better take on catwoman (if that counts). that dumb halle berry movie ? the whole ? up & depending on how she's portrayed in DKR it could open up something for someone to do something different in the future.

No one really wants to see 90 minutes of some ? beatin' on ? ...that's why there's not been a Wonder Woman
  • dogfromduckhunt
    dogfromduckhunt Members Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Supposed to be Batman, Superman, Fantastic Four and Spiderman reboots coming eventually. Ghost Rider in February. And whatever Ant-Man is.
  • atribecalledgabi
    edited December 2011
    No one really wants to see 90 minutes of some ? beatin' on ? ...that's why there's not been a Wonder Woman

speak for yourself...colombiana, catwoman, & those tomb raider movies did aiight at the box office. if somebody like nolan actually did something with the story like nolan did with batman, ? would be straight.
  • MysticBoy
    MysticBoy Members Posts: 793 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    I'd like a Blade reboot.
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Maybe I'm a chauvinist, but I find it hard to sit through an action movie where the woman is a protagonist. Don't get me wrong, It was fun as hell seeing Trinity whip that ass in the Matrix, but I watched the 'Colombiana' trailer for 30 seconds before I knew it wasn't for me.
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    spawn i would hope they do and not ? up imo they need to get michael jai white back to reprise the role black panther also and hope one day they put together a justice league movie like they are doing the avengers next summer

They were making a JLA movie, and scrapped it to make The Green Lantern.

The Flash is being made
    Black Panther would be dope
    Luke Cage also
    Spawn reboot yea
    I think Ant Man gets a movie too (I read it somewhere)
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    MysticBoy wrote: »
    I'd like a Blade reboot.

WTF NO! Great movies. Not a reboot maybe a different take on the series. Marvel's best series imo

Also to the Deadpol idea. They are still doing that? I know Ryan Reynolds pushed the idea, and it got a green light after Wolverine origins, and then he did Green Lantern so? Deadpool movie was actually Ryan's idea btw.

Checked in on some of these ideas.

Black Panther slated for 2014
    Deadpool slated for 2014 (Ryan Reynolds listed)
    Ant-Man slated for 2014
    The Flash slated for 2013 (as is Iron Man 3, Thor 2 Captain America 2 slated for 2014)
  • atribecalledgabi
    edited December 2011
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »
    Maybe I'm a chauvinist, but I find it hard to sit through an action movie where the woman is a protagonist. Don't get me wrong, It was fun as hell seeing Trinity whip that ass in the Matrix, but I watched the 'Colombiana' trailer for 30 seconds before I knew it wasn't for me.

you didn't see any of the underworlds or resident evils?
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    edited December 2011
    speak for yourself...colombiana, catwoman, & those tomb raider movies did aiight at the box office. if somebody like nolan actually did something with the story like nolan did with batman, ? would be straight.

IMO the Tomb Raider films and Catwoman were poo poo...I've not seen Colombiana...Don't think I will... Zoe Saldana is too cute for me to take her seriously as a violent killer
  • atribecalledgabi
    edited December 2011
    IMO the Tomb Raider films and Catwoman were poo poo...I've not seen Colombiana...Don't think I will... Zoe Saldana is too cute for me to take her seriously as a violent killer
    i wouldn't advise it....that movie was ass.

for me, action movie with a great storyline>>>>typical big budget action movie. what it's about or who's in it is irrelevant to me. *shrugs*
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    edited December 2011
    i wouldn't advise it....that movie was ass.

for me, action movie with a great storyline>>>>typical big budget action movie. what it's about or who's in it is irrelevant to me. *shrugs*

Yeah CS CS...But that's why i'm not excited about any comic book film except DKR...They're all gonna be exactly the same...Overly long background stories, characters that aren't developed...Weak dialogue...Just cash-ins...Captain America could have been the GOAT...