Most Overrated Comedic Actor

Options
13»

Comments

• gifted
    gifted Members Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Humour is subjective. You either like the American slapstick stuff, dry British humour or whatever. As I've gotten older, I now prefer more intelligent, situational humour. I remember thinking the Wayans brothers show was hilarious at a young age but you outgrow certain things. Everybody hates Chris or Fresh Prince on the otherhand, are timeless because they are situational. Louie, Curb your Enthusiasm, British office, Extras or movies like Coming to America or Friday.

Adam ? probably owns this thread because he's been doing the same movie it seems for like 10 years.

There's a difference between washed up and overrated. Eddie Murphy is passed his prime as a comedian but he's paid his dues and has some classic comedies.

Will Ferrell face is just funny to me, even his cameos can be scene stealers. Anchorman is just too funny to call him overrated.

Jim Carrey, again a comedic legend. Ace Ventura and Dumb and Dumber are in my top 5 comedies ever. Again, he oversaturated himself. But he still funny at events. He's naturally funny.
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Mike Myers
    Jamie Foxx
    Terrence Howard
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    can't c/s adam ? , yea he got some duds ie. lil nicky, but i pretty much enjoy the majority of his movies, answer is will ferrall, he's never been funny, especially when he's in the lead role and whoever said eddie murphy needs to off themself.
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    can't c/s adam ? , yea he got some duds ie. lil nicky, but i pretty much enjoy the majority of his movies, answer is will ferrall, he's never been funny, especially when he's in the lead role and whoever said eddie murphy needs to off themself.

You didn't like Will Ferrall in Step Brothers???
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The amount of times I'm seeing Will Ferrell in this thread is astounding. Y'all never seen "The Other Guys" or "Old School"? That dude is HILARIOUS
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Didnt say he wasnt funny just overrated
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    im_lux wrote: »
    Chris Farley
    Katt Williams
    Adam ?
    Dane Cook
    Russell Brand
    Jamie Kennedy
    Jack Black

Damn bruh, Brand is one of the goats stand up wise, I like ? too bc he never seems to be trying to hard. The rest of them dudes is DOOOO though. I like Katt too from that Tiger skit lol
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »
    Smh @ ? in here naming Will Ferrell? Really?! That ? is hilarious without even speaking.

Step Brothers, The Other Guys>>>>

But to each his own

Man for real Will is one of the GOATS
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Adam ? - I don't understand how a grown man can watch Happy Gilmore or Billy Madison and consider them funny

c/s .....my girl watches adam ? films and swears hes funny...his ? is juvenille at best...but thats sort of disrespecting juvenilles
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    Tracy Morgan. Don't find him funny at all.

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited December 2011
    Options

Yeah Adam ? 's had some good films in between the bad one's...the movie with Donald Cheadle was good as hell...? even Click wasn't that bad....
  • MAKAVELI25
    edited December 2011
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    Yeah Adam ? 's had some good films in between the bad one's...the movie with Donald Cheadle was good as hell...? even Click wasn't that bad....

Ironically I was just watching "Click". But that new movie with his twin sister is the worst idea I've ever seen, I could tell it was terrible just from the trailer
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Ironically I was just watching "Click". But that new movie with his twin sister is the worst idea I've ever seen, I could tell it was terrible just from the trailer

Yeah I didn't even waste my time watching that preview more than twice before I decided against it...but Adam ? has some enjoyable films in his resume...not everything is terrible...? I'll still watch Big Daddy every now and then if I catch it on tv...
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I can't believe ? in here actually think Will Ferrell is overrated..

Stepbrothers, Old School and The Other Guys ...? hilarious.

The most overrated IMO, is probably Jack Black or Chris Farley..
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Russell Brand is not funny. Jack Black is not funny but the one movie when he thought his chick was fine but she really was fat.
  • MAKAVELI25
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Co-sign Russel Brand not being funny. I'm a big fan of British humor, but dude seems like he's trying too hard
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Kevin Hart! The only movies i enjoyed by him was Paper Soldiers and Soul Plane. Maybe a few stand up specials.

SMH at ? sayin Will Ferrell is not funny. Step Brothers is a classic.

Russell Brand is the WOAT
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Kevin Hart! The only movies i enjoyed by him was Paper Soldiers and Soul Plane. Maybe a few stand up specials.

SMH at ? sayin Will Ferrell is not funny. Step Brothers is a classic.

Russell Brand is the WOAT

Sooooo basically his entire career...
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    Sooooo basically his entire career...

He had other movies and stuff, but I don't think he's as funny as people make him out to be. He's kinda generic imo.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    if you say Will Ferrell you're lost. he's easily one of the most consistent comedians of all time; Anchorman, Old School, Talladega Nights, Step Brothers, Semi-Pro, The Other Guys.. all hysterical. even his duds like Kicking and Screaming, Elf, Land of the Lost, Blades of Glory, Night at the Roxbury ect. are funny enough to be worth a watch.plus classic cameos in stuff like Wedding Crashers and Zoolander and his work on SNL pfff... impossible for that dude to be overrated.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Katt Williams
    Jack Black
    Chris Rock
    Dane Cook
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    reaperbong wrote: »
    if you say Will Ferrell you're lost. he's easily one of the most consistent comedians of all time; Anchorman, Old School, Talladega Nights, Step Brothers, Semi-Pro, The Other Guys.. all hysterical. even his duds like Kicking and Screaming, Elf, Land of the Lost, Blades of Glory, Night at the Roxbury ect. are funny enough to be worth a watch.plus classic cameos in stuff like Wedding Crashers and Zoolander and his work on SNL pfff... impossible for that dude to be overrated.

props sir, props!!!
  • snappa
    snappa Members Posts: 397
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Mike Epps

Jimmy Fallon

Jack Black

Tracey Morgan

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Dane cook and rob sneider n David ? plays the same role in almost every film his career died with Chris Farley