Things You Dislike about your Favorite movie/movies

Options
MAKAVELI25
MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
The Dark Knight-
- Not enough Jokerish moments. Heath embodied the character well, but there should have been more gags/comedy in his character
- Bale was boring as hell. I get that he is supposed to be more stoic than BB, but I did not much care for Bruce Wayne
- Two Face's death is why I cannot hold this as my definitive Batman movie. Bane is cool, but Two Face is an intriguing/interesting enough character to hold a movie by himself
- This might seem shallow, but I just can't buy Bruce Wayne and Harvey Dent fighting over Maggie Gylenhaal (apologies if this sounds a little mean).

Comments

• Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »
    The Dark Knight-
    - Not enough Jokerish moments. Heath embodied the character well, but there should have been more gags/comedy in his character
    - Bale was boring as hell. I get that he is supposed to be more stoic than BB, but I did not much care for Bruce Wayne
    - Two Face's death is why I cannot hold this as my definitive Batman movie. Bane is cool, but Two Face is an intriguing/interesting enough character to hold a movie by himself
    - This might seem shallow, but I just can't buy Bruce Wayne and Harvey Dent fighting over Maggie Gylenhaal (apologies if this sounds a little mean).

SMH I hate the fact that Two Face is such an awesome character... but in the movie he was only Two Face for about 24 hours before he died lol
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The Kingdom:

-The beginning turned a lot of people off (I am a dialogue buff)
    -They should have had a better balance between action and dialogue
    -More character development (especially of fran), maybe a flashback to the scene where Fran stood up for Jenn Garner's character

The Watchmen
    -Don't ? the Comedian
    -Develop the old school characters more, give us more of an understanding of the origins.
    -Don't ? RORSCHACH
    -More dialogue between Mr. Manhattan and Rorschach

Margin Call
    -Penn's character should have stepped his game up
    -They should have showed us how they got dude off the stoop
    -there should have been more compassion in between characters, to help the audience feel the indifference better

Repo Men
    -the wife was worthless
    -RZA and Jude Law scene should have been longer
    -some more description of the things that were implied (whitaker's character wanting to feel like he had a place in Law's characters life while living and dead)
  • TimroD
    TimroD Confirm Email Posts: 1,685 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    theres nothin i dislike about my favourite movies
  • evoljeanyes
    edited December 2011
    Options
    TimroD wrote: »
    theres nothin i dislike about my favourite movies

What movie is that?
  • TimroD
    TimroD Confirm Email Posts: 1,685 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    What movie is that?

they are changin
    some of em are:
    t2
    watchmen
    la haine
    goodfellas
    gladiator
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    the Shawshank Redemption is flawless...

the Dark Knight - Two-Face shouldn't have died...a Two-Face/Bane flick would be super epic
    Good Will Hunting - the 'Its not your fault' bit is so forced and ?
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    in the hangover....why the ? didn't they think to look on the roof for dude when they saw his bed was up there? granted, the rest of the movie never would've happened, but i found that hard to believe they thought to look on the roof because of some cryptic message instead of physical evidence.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    In Law Abiding Citizen, Gerard Butler die at the end
  • evoljeanyes
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The Dark Knight-

cosign the bolded

What do you mean by more stoic than BB?

I thought Bruce Wayne was great...he is a sociopath...the idea of Batman and Joker being two sociopaths one choosing to be good, the other choosing to evil is perfect. The only connection Batman has to humanity is Rachel, he MERKS that ? to see if Bats will come to his side of the playing field. The movie is perfect.

Bruce Wayne is to Batman...what we have no idea of about Joker...we know nothing humane about Joker, that's what makes this movie interesting. The human part of Bats (BW) is his weakness in the mind of joker. Joker has no WEAKNESS because he isn't giving you anything that he gives a ? about, not even himself. There is nothing personal about him, he just wreaks havoc
  • MysticBoy
    MysticBoy Members Posts: 793 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The Dark Knight-
    - Two Face's death is why I cannot hold this as my definitive Batman movie. Bane is cool, but Two Face is an intriguing/interesting enough character to hold a movie by himself- This might seem shallow, but I just can't buy Bruce Wayne and Harvey Dent fighting over Maggie Gylenhaal (apologies if this sounds a little mean).
    But what about...
    Riddler_009.jpg
    But personally, I never saw Bane as a main villain.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    cosign the bolded

What do you mean by more stoic than BB?

I thought Bruce Wayne was great...he is a sociopath...the idea of Batman and Joker being two sociopaths one choosing to be good, the other choosing to evil is perfect. The only connection Batman has to humanity is Rachel, he MERKS that ? to see if Bats will come to his side of the playing field. The movie is perfect.

Bruce Wayne is to Batman...what we have no idea of about Joker...we know nothing humane about Joker, that's what makes this movie interesting. The human part of Bats (BW) is his weakness in the mind of joker. Joker has no WEAKNESS because he isn't giving you anything that he gives a ? about, not even himself. There is nothing personal about him, he just wreaks havoc

i never actually looked this deep into the ?

make me want to watch it again right now
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The Dark Knight-

co-sign the two-face thing they turned one of the GOAT villians of all-time into a burn victim with a cameo...I also though he shouldve been thought dead and came back in dark knight rises with bane...cant co-sign the rest though
  • evoljeanyes
    edited December 2011
    Options
    rap doctor wrote: »
    In Law Abiding Citizen, Gerard Butler die at the end

? had me mad too bruh...

Hardest part of the movie is when Bray met up with Nick and Cantrell and explained to them that Clyde was a brain. Then they asl "aere you saying we can't stop him?"

Bray replies 'Walk into his cell and put a bullet in his head, othewise, no you can't stop him. If he wants you dead, you're dead"
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Sunshine
    The first two thirds of that film was a psychological thriller and on it's way to being one of the few sci-fi greats of the 00s, and for some ridiculous reason it randomly lurches into a slasher movie. I still love the film and considering how cheap it actually was Danny Boyle did a a great job making such a low budget film look and sound better than 99% of Hollywood blockbusters that cost 3-5 times as much, but that final third seriously brought the rest of the film down. I won't blame Danny Boyle for that, I'm looking squarely at Alex Garland who seems to have a knack for producing amazing ideas but being unable to write decent conclusions i.e 28 Days Later, The Beach (the book). Regardless, still a great film and still massively underrated.
  • evoljeanyes
    edited December 2011
    Options
    rap doctor wrote: »
    i never actually looked this deep into the ?

make me want to watch it again right now

You have to watch it from that perspective at least once, my g. That's the whole chess match joker and bats are playing.

Joker is basically saying you either break your code and merk me, or I am going to drive you insane flaring up the only emotion you have (which is anger).

Joker is connected to the criminals in the movie the same way that Bats is connected to Luscious and Alfred, he doesn't show them compassion he just does things that help them out, and he utilizes their skills for his benefit.

Joker gets ? when people start making Harvey Dent out to be the ying to batman's yang, so for a brief minute he does everything he can to destroy Dent to prove that he is no where near the level of Bats and himself...(which is proven he does when Dent turns pure evil)

The Nolan boys crafted a fantastic film from a writing standpoint, and then to pull it off so perfectly production wise. Round of an applause...

re-thinking this movie has me considering putting this ? over Watchmen as goat Comic book film
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The Kingdom:

-More character development (especially of fran), maybe a flashback to the scene where Fran stood up for Jenn Garner's character

The Watchmen
    -Don't ? the Comedian
    -Develop the old school characters more, give us more of an understanding of the origins.
    -Don't ? RORSCHACH

Margin Call
    -there should have been more compassion in between characters, to help the audience feel the indifference better

Repo Men
    -the wife was worthless
    -some more description of the things that were implied (whitaker's character wanting to feel like he had a place in Law's characters life while living and dead)

So basically not make a Watchmen movie at all, make some other movie???
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    You have to watch it from that perspective at least once, my g. That's the whole chess match joker and bats are playing.

Joker is basically saying you either break your code and merk me, or I am going to drive you insane flaring up the only emotion you have (which is anger).

Joker is connected to the criminals in the movie the same way that Bats is connected to Luscious and Alfred, he doesn't show them compassion he just does things that help them out, and he utilizes their skills for his benefit.

Joker gets ? when people start making Harvey Dent out to be the ying to batman's yang, so for a brief minute he does everything he can to destroy Dent to prove that he is no where near the level of Bats and himself...(which is proven he does when Dent turns pure evil)

The Nolan boys crafted a fantastic film from a writing standpoint, and then to pull it off so perfectly production wise. Round of an applause...

re-thinking this movie has me considering putting this ? over Watchmen as goat Comic book film

so had bats let dent die joker wouldve lost?
  • evoljeanyes
    edited December 2011
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    So basically not make a Watchmen movie at all, make some other movie???

I am just telling the parts I didn't like, I am not saying it should be changed...when it happened i hated it, but it fit the movie...relax
  • evoljeanyes
    edited December 2011
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »
    so had bats let dent die joker wouldve lost?

The ? did you get that from what I said.

I said Joker attacked dent because of he was being put on the same level that Bats is on and Joker believes he is on also, so he attacked Dent so that people's perspective of him would change. He knew Dent wasn't ? with Bats and he proved it. Rachel was both of their weaknesses, Bats took it like a G, Dent went to the darkside
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The Kingdom:

The Watchmen
    -Don't ? the Comedian
    -Don't ? RORSCHACH

Margin Call

Repo Men
    -the wife was worthless
    I am just telling the parts I didn't like, I am not saying it should be changed...when it happened i hated it, but it fit the movie...relax

Saying "DONT" ? the Comedian and "DONT" ? Roscarch isnt asking for a change?? Your asking for things to be changed in every movie on your list??
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The ? did you get that from what I said.

I said Joker attacked dent because of he was being put on the same level that Bats is on and Joker believes he is on also, so he attacked Dent so that people's perspective of him would change. He knew Dent wasn't ? with Bats and he proved it. Rachel was both of their weaknesses, Bats took it like a G, Dent went to the darkside

but had dent died he would have died a hero and would have put dent over batman forever... ( the same way ? will always put biggie and pac over other rappers)
    Had dent died there would be no way for Joker to prove that he wasnt on the same level as batman because the people would remembered that dent sacrified himself by saying he was batman.... people wouldve found out that he was lying and but him over batman and joker had he died
  • evoljeanyes
    edited December 2011
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    Saying "DONT" ? the Comedian and "DONT" ? Roscarch isnt asking for a change?? Your asking for things to be changed in every movie on your list??

I just corrected it for you then, ITS ONE OF MY FAVORITE MOVIES ever, but yes when I saw certain parts I didn't like it. Should I edit my post for you. What I wrote for don't ? the comedian and don't ? rorschach was the way I felt when it happened. Thats all bruh...sorry for the miscommunication
  • evoljeanyes
    edited December 2011
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »
    but had dent died he would have died a hero and would have put dent over batman forever... ( the same way ? will always put biggie and pac over other rappers)
    Had dent died there would be no way for Joker to prove that he wasnt on the same level as batman because the people would remembered that dent sacrified himself by saying he was batman.... people wouldve found out that he was lying and but him over batman and joker had he died

Joker set it up for Batman to save Dent, that's why he lied about their locations.
  • sdca
    sdca Members Posts: 290 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    American History X - I kind of wish they would've shown more of Derek's transformation during his time in prison. It's a little hard to buy into him becoming a peaceful soft-spoken liberal... after having just watched him commit a curb-stomping.

Crooklyn - I love this movie, I just didn't like when Spike did that weird stretch thing with the camera at a certain point. then it goes back to normal... not sure why. : /
  • gh0st
    gh0st Members Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    sdca wrote: »
    American History X - I kind of wish they would've shown more of Derek's transformation during his time in prison. It's a little hard to buy into him becoming a peaceful soft-spoken liberal... after having just watched him commit a curb-stomping.

Crooklyn - I love this movie, I just didn't like when Spike did that weird stretch thing with the camera at a certain point. then it goes back to normal... not sure why. : /

I saw an interview with Spike on it way back when it came out. He said it was to show how different the world looked to the girl when she went down south with her peoples