edited November 2010
    Options
    Nas easy... Biggie is ok IMO
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    gman82 wrote: »
    Co sign! Nas > Biggie. Its not even close especially when you compare catalogs

This.
    jamacia wrote: »
    Based on overall body of work Nas got him but comparing them when they were both alive then Big got him.

Lol @ Biggie being better than Illmatic Nas.... #cmonson
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    illmatic>>>rtd

iww>>>life after death

nas got it
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Of Course.

? in here talkin' about Big died..two albums... blah blah blah.

Ain't this the same place where people say Nas lost?

Well, BIG lost...his life.
  • runningwolf1980
    runningwolf1980 Members Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    only on tha i.c.:rolleyes:
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    nas should sweep this not cuz he that much better but because these cats hate big on this board......cats will set up a mims vs big thread and mims would get a handful of supporters lol.....i'd say nas even when big was living i went with nas
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Based on the 1st 2 albums by each I'd say they were pretty equal. Both had nice flow, delivery, content, story telling. Hard to name who's better from the 1st 2 albums.
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Nas>>>>biggie

illmatic>>>>>biggie

rtd and lad>>>>>>>>>>anything nas did other then ILl
  • gman82
    gman82 Members Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Nas >>>>>>>>> big
  • -JB-
    -JB- Banned Users Posts: 2,719
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Aint No Best,B................................
  • -JB-
    -JB- Banned Users Posts: 2,719
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Of Course.

? in here talkin' about Big died..two albums... blah blah blah.

Ain't this the same place where people say Nas lost?

Well, BIG lost...his life.

N**** You B.I.G. Dead Wrong , Joe

That aint funny, But i laughed.. Hard Like Rihanna Forehead
  • NAWLEDGE_REIGNS
    NAWLEDGE_REIGNS Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Illmatic >>>Ready To Die
    It Was Written>>>Life After Death
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    "You hesistantin, I'm in your momma crib waitin, Duck tapin your fam Destiny lays in my hands, gat lays in waist"

"Your reign on the top was short like leprechuan's and I crushed (So called ? )"

"It was ILL when MC's was one some cruddy ? , took home ready to die listen study ? , now they on some money ? successful out the blue, they light weight frank gilly my 9 milli make the white shake, that's why my money never funny and you still recouped it, stupid"

"Ya'll was grimey in the early 90's far behind me, IT AIN'T HARD to find me"

Biggie killed NaS in the subliminal battle. While they were alive in a head to head in 94, Biggie debut made history, "ILLmatic" did in it's own way but not on the level of Big. "Life After Death" had just as much impact of the rest of NaS's career. The only thing I would say is yes Lyrically NaS is better than Big, shoot NaS is a Top 5 Lyricist ever. But as an emcee, Big was overall better which is why he ranks above NaS on most all list. As you all notice, I have them both in my avi cause I was 14 years old in 94' when both of their debut's drop. Let's just say both of them made me look at Hip Hop in a different way. But NaS was never the King of NY. Big was crowed after his debut album. For the record:

ILLmatic = Ready To Die
    It Was Written < Life After Death

You could agrue the debuts which was better or not cause they are both masterpiece Classics. But it's clear, Big had the better sophomore album. NaS dropped "It Was Written" and though it sold well and was still dope, people still felt he fell off. Big dropped "Life After Death" and everyone was calling him the GOAT. NaS has obviously had a longer and great career but it's odd that Big still overall outsold him with only two albums.

When just looking at impact and influence Big over NaS for sure. Lyrically, NaS is a 10 and Biggie is a 10 also but NaS is like a 10.5 if you get what I'm saying, he was just better overall lyrically. But Big got him in a few other catagories that he gets the nod. The Biggest tradegy is besides a performance that they did together, Biggie and NaS never did a song together. Rumor has it NaS was supose to be on a premo remix of "Gimmie the loot" and was in the studio with Biggie (Photo from my Avi) but something happen and he never spit his verse.
  • birdcall89
    birdcall89 Members Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    co-sign this thread.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    This is a shock thread...........
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    "You hesistantin, I'm in your momma crib waitin, Duck tapin your fam Destiny lays in my hands, gat lays in waist"

"Your reign on the top was short like leprechuan's and I crushed (So called ? )"

"It was ILL when MC's was one some cruddy ? , took home ready to die listen study ? , now they on some money ? successful out the blue, they light weight frank gilly my 9 milli make the white shake, that's why my money never funny and you still recouped it, stupid"

"Ya'll was grimey in the early 90's far behind me, IT AIN'T HARD to find me"

Biggie killed NaS in the subliminal battle. While they were alive in a head to head in 94, Biggie debut made history, "ILLmatic" did in it's own way but not on the level of Big. "Life After Death" had just as much impact of the rest of NaS's career. The only thing I would say is yes Lyrically NaS is better than Big, shoot NaS is a Top 5 Lyricist ever. But as an emcee, Big was overall better which is why he ranks above NaS on most all list. As you all notice, I have them both in my avi cause I was 14 years old in 94' when both of their debut's drop. Let's just say both of them made me look at Hip Hop in a different way. But NaS was never the King of NY. Big was crowed after his debut album. For the record:

ILLmatic = Ready To Die
    It Was Written < Life After Death

You could agrue the debuts which was better or not cause they are both masterpiece Classics. But it's clear, Big had the better sophomore album. NaS dropped "It Was Written" and though it sold well and was still dope, people still felt he fell off. Big dropped "Life After Death" and everyone was calling him the GOAT. NaS has obviously had a longer and great career but it's odd that Big still overall outsold him with only two albums.

When just looking at impact and influence Big over NaS for sure. Lyrically, NaS is a 10 and Biggie is a 10 also but NaS is like a 10.5 if you get what I'm saying, he was just better overall lyrically. But Big got him in a few other catagories that he gets the nod. The Biggest tradegy is besides a performance that they did together, Biggie and NaS never did a song together. Rumor has it NaS was supose to be on a premo remix of "Gimmie the loot" and was in the studio with Biggie (Photo from my Avi) but something happen and he never spit his verse.

I co-sign everything you said. There's no way in hell Nas even touches Biggie. No way at all.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I co-sign everything you said. There's no way in hell Nas even touches Biggie. No way at all.

No he touches him I would say lyrically and they are neck and neck in storytelling. But Big win in more catagories, like Flow, Charisma, Being Witty. I think they are both great songwriters but Biggie was able to do better records that related to people as far as the mainstream. NaS tried many times but just wasn't that great at it. NaS is a Top 10 Emcee All Time, no doubt about it. Biggie is Top 5 though.

I mean NaS has admitted many times that Biggie and Pac were ahead of him, Jay and anyone else. But he also has said that Hip Hop was to young to crown a GOAT. I love NaS and I think he needs to get more credit as being one of the Greatest Ever. It's like people are afriad to admit NaS as one of the GOATS cause he wasn't as popular as Pac, Biggie or Jay. NaS has got 7 Platinum albums, he earned his spot commerically and lyrically but better than Big? I have to refer to 93-97 when they both were in their primes and Big was better than NaS then.

Reporter during "Hip Hop Is Dead" promo tour 06: "So when exactly did you feel the art form of Hip Hop left us or died"

NaS: "It died when Biggie and Pac stop breathing, it left with them"
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i co sign this
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    1. Lyricist does not equate Lyrical... it's two different things

2. I can agree, I think Nas content wasn't as limited as Biggies, Biggie knew how to make a radio song, he knew how to gain that mass appeal
  • Old Fart
    Old Fart Members Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    no brainer. BIG only put out 2 albums. not enough to compare with the usual suspects. ? what BIG stans say. I thought BIG was tight but top 10? cmon son
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    c1up wrote: »
    1. Lyricist does not equate Lyrical... it's two different things

2. I can agree, I think Nas content wasn't as limited as Biggies, Biggie knew how to make a radio song, he knew how to gain that mass appeal
    Gotta correct your second Point Puffy Knows how to make a radio song, Biggie knew to listen to Puffy as he would Clear whatever was needed to make it a Hit. Biggie could flow to just about anything so By listening and doing as he was told he gained mass appeal...
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Nas is better then Biggie, because Jay-Z is better then Biggie, and we all know who's better then Jay-Z.
    It aint hard to tell .
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    imILL wrote: »
    Nas is better then Biggie, because Jay-Z is better then Biggie, and we all know who's better then Jay-Z.
    It aint hard to tell .

Whenever I hear someone say that I involuntarily say "I excel, then prevail" in my mind.
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Man I miss the 90's

Illmatic and RTD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Any album of the last 10 yrs
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    imILL wrote: »
    It aint hard to tell .

Ready to die/Lad>>>>>>>>>>>Jay z