The Nag Hammadi Text and The Sethianism

Comments

• beenwize
    beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    bambu wrote: »
    You clearly have problems with comprehending what you read.....
    SMH @ ? using fiction books for research.

? Dr Ben is a well established Egyptologist that don't produce books of fiction. Go find some credible research that it's not referred to as the "Eye of Ra' or ? .

You know damn well I was referring to the latest post that you quoted with the book image ABOVE which is NOT a comic book so you can stop the games and save the bullshyt ? . That's why you skipped the image ABOVE that you knew I was referring to and went to the previous post from yesterday which was a comic book lol. You have no base in your argument as Dr Ben has much more credibility than you ? . He referred to the all seeing eye as Eye of Ra and as well as the Eye of Horus in his book which I have read before. Dr Ben is a well established Egyptologist ? and he agrees that it is both "Eye of Ra" as well as 'Eye of Horus." Now go find some evidence it's not called the Eye of Ra and stop crying dude.

http://kemetichistoryofafrikabluelotus.blogspot.com/2008/09/eye-of-horus-eye-of-ra.html

THE EYE OF HORUS--The Eye of Ra* -
    The Eye*
    The Wadjet (or Ujat, meaning "Whole One") is a powerful symbol of protection also known as the "Eye of Horus" and the "all seeing eye". The symbol was frequently used in jewellery made of gold, silver, lapis, wood, porcelain, and carnelian, to ensure the safety and health of the bearer and provide wisdom and prosperity. However, it was also known as the "Eye of Ra", a powerful destructive force linked with the fierce heat of the sun which was described as the "Daughter of Ra". The "eye" was personified as the goddess Wadjet and associated with a number of other gods and goddesses (notably Hathor, Bast, Sekhmet, Tefnut, Nekhbet and Mut).

Horus was an ancient a sky ? whose eyes were said to be the sun and the moon. However, he soon became strongly associated with the sun (and the sun ? Ra as Ra-Horakhty ("Ra, who is Horus of the two horizons") while Thoth was associated with the moon. An ancient myth describes a battle between Horus and Set in which Horus´ right eye was torn out and Set lost his testicles! Thoth magically restored Horus´ eye, at which point it was given the name "Wadjet" ("whole" or "healthy"). In this myth it is specifically stated that it is Horus´ left eye which has been torn out, so the myth relates to the waxing and waning of the moon during which the moon appears to have been torn out of the sky before being restored once every lunar month.

There are a number of depictions of the restoration of the eye in Greco-Roman temples. Thoth is assisted by fourteen gods including the gods of the Ennead of Hermopolis or thirty male deities (in Ismant el-Kharab, the Dakhla Oasis). Each ? represented one of the fifteen days leading up to the full moon, and to the waning moon. The restored eye became emblematic of the re-establishment of order from chaos, thus closely associating it with the idea of Ma´at. In one myth Horus made a gift of the eye to Osiris to help him rule the netherworld. Osiris ate the eye and was restored to life. As a result, it became a symbol of life and resurrection. Offerings are sometimes called "the Eye of Horus" because it was thought that the goods offered became divine when presented to a ? .

The Eye of Ra
    According to one myth, Ra (who was at that point the actual Pharaoh of Egypt) was becoming old and weak and the people no longer respected him or his rule. They broke the laws and made jokes at his expense. He did not react well to this and decided to punish mankind by sending an aspect of his daughter, the Eye of Ra. He plucked her from the Ureas (royal serpent) on his brow, and sent her to earth in the form of a lion. She waged war on humanity slaughtering thousands until the fields were awash with human blood. When Ra saw the extent of the devestation he relented and called his daughter back to his side, fearing that she would ? everyone. However, she was in a blood ? and ignored his pleas. So he arranged for 7,000 jugs of beer and pomegranate juice (which stained the beer blood red) to be poured all over the fields around her. She gorged on the "blood" and became so ? that she slept for three days and awoke with a terrible hangover. Thus mankind was saved from her terrible vengeance.

There are a number of different versions of the myth, and a number of goddesses are given the title "Eye of Ra", in particular Hathor, Sekhmet, Tefnut, Bast, Mut, Nekhbet and Wadjet . The "Daughter of Ra" was sometimes symbolised as a Cat who protected Ra from the serpent Apep (linking it with the leonine aspects of Hathor, Bast, Sekhmet, Tefnut, Mut, Nekhbet and Wadjet amongst others). The Cat was also thought to be able to cure and scorpion or snake bite and was associated with the goddesses Isis (although she is only linked to the symbol in its protective function).
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    beenwize wrote: »
    ? Dr Ben is a well established Egyptologist that don't produce books of fiction. Go find some credible research that it's not referred to as the "Eye of Ra' or ? .

You know damn well I was referring to the latest post that you quoted with the book image ABOVE which is NOT a comic book so you can stop the games and save the bullshyt ? . That's why you skipped the image ABOVE that you knew I was referring to and went to the previous post from yesterday which was a comic book lol. You have no base in your argument as Dr Ben has much more credibility than you ? . He referred to the all seeing eye as Eye of Ra and as well as the Eye of Horus in his book which I have read before. Dr Ben is a well established Egyptologist ? and he agrees that it is both "Eye of Ra" as well as 'Eye of Horus." Now go find some evidence it's not called the Eye of Ra and stop crying dude.

The book you keep flashing is fiction homie..... hope you didn't find too many jewels in it....lol @ your monkey ass
    51qpEoxBJ9L.jpg
  • beenwize
    edited December 2011
    The book you keep flashing is fiction homie..... hope you didn't find too many jewels in it....lol @ your monkey ass
    51qpEoxBJ9L.jpg

Learn how to READ ? .

None of the information I'm posting is contained in that book above ? . The only reason I posted the cover of that book is to show that the all seeing eye is also referred to as the 'Eye of Ra" by many researchers... However the information I am referencing below to is is NOT contained in that book you keep quoting. And the other information I am referring to is in Dr Ben's book titled African Origins of the Major "Western Religions" in which he also refers to it as the 'Eye of Ra"

http://kemetichistoryofafrikabluelotus.blogspot.com/2008/09/eye-of-horus-eye-of-ra.html

The Eye*
    The Wadjet (or Ujat, meaning "Whole One") is a powerful symbol of protection also known as the "Eye of Horus" and the "all seeing eye". The symbol was frequently used in jewellery made of gold, silver, lapis, wood, porcelain, and carnelian, to ensure the safety and health of the bearer and provide wisdom and prosperity. However, it was also known as the "Eye of Ra", a powerful destructive force linked with the fierce heat of the sun which was described as the "Daughter of Ra". The "eye" was personified as the goddess Wadjet and associated with a number of other gods and goddesses (notably Hathor, Bast, Sekhmet, Tefnut, Nekhbet and Mut).

Horus was an ancient a sky ? whose eyes were said to be the sun and the moon. However, he soon became strongly associated with the sun (and the sun ? Ra as Ra-Horakhty ("Ra, who is Horus of the two horizons") while Thoth was associated with the moon. An ancient myth describes a battle between Horus and Set in which Horus´ right eye was torn out and Set lost his testicles! Thoth magically restored Horus´ eye, at which point it was given the name "Wadjet" ("whole" or "healthy"). In this myth it is specifically stated that it is Horus´ left eye which has been torn out, so the myth relates to the waxing and waning of the moon during which the moon appears to have been torn out of the sky before being restored once every lunar month.

There are a number of depictions of the restoration of the eye in Greco-Roman temples. Thoth is assisted by fourteen gods including the gods of the Ennead of Hermopolis or thirty male deities (in Ismant el-Kharab, the Dakhla Oasis). Each ? represented one of the fifteen days leading up to the full moon, and to the waning moon. The restored eye became emblematic of the re-establishment of order from chaos, thus closely associating it with the idea of Ma´at. In one myth Horus made a gift of the eye to Osiris to help him rule the netherworld. Osiris ate the eye and was restored to life. As a result, it became a symbol of life and resurrection. Offerings are sometimes called "the Eye of Horus" because it was thought that the goods offered became divine when presented to a ? .

The Eye of Ra
    According to one myth, Ra (who was at that point the actual Pharaoh of Egypt) was becoming old and weak and the people no longer respected him or his rule. They broke the laws and made jokes at his expense. He did not react well to this and decided to punish mankind by sending an aspect of his daughter, the Eye of Ra. He plucked her from the Ureas (royal serpent) on his brow, and sent her to earth in the form of a lion. She waged war on humanity slaughtering thousands until the fields were awash with human blood. When Ra saw the extent of the devestation he relented and called his daughter back to his side, fearing that she would ? everyone. However, she was in a blood ? and ignored his pleas. So he arranged for 7,000 jugs of beer and pomegranate juice (which stained the beer blood red) to be poured all over the fields around her. She gorged on the "blood" and became so ? that she slept for three days and awoke with a terrible hangover. Thus mankind was saved from her terrible vengeance.

There are a number of different versions of the myth, and a number of goddesses are given the title "Eye of Ra", in particular Hathor, Sekhmet, Tefnut, Bast, Mut, Nekhbet and Wadjet . The "Daughter of Ra" was sometimes symbolised as a Cat who protected Ra from the serpent Apep (linking it with the leonine aspects of Hathor, Bast, Sekhmet, Tefnut, Mut, Nekhbet and Wadjet amongst others). The Cat was also thought to be able to cure and scorpion or snake bite and was associated with the goddesses Isis (although she is only linked to the symbol in its protective function).
  • bambu
    edited December 2011
    Learn how to READ ? .

None of the information I'm posting is contained in that book above ? . The only reason I posted the cover of that book is to show that the all seeing eye is also referred to as the 'Eye of Ra" by many researchers... However the information I am referencing below to is is NOT contained in that book you keep quoting. And the other information I am referring to is in Dr Ben's book titled African Origins of the Major "Western Religions" in which he also refers to it as the 'Eye of Ra"

You are extremely stupid if you think a fiction book is considered research.....
    ? please.... your only reference to Dr. Ben's work was that he "called it the eye of Ra." I have acknowledged that it was referred to as the eye of Ra, but it was not a symbol attributed to the sun ? . The burden of proof is on you to provide evidence that the symbol how you described it is attributed to Ra instead of Horus.
  • beenwize
    edited December 2011
    You are extremely stupid if you think a fiction book is considered research.....
    ? please.... your only reference to Dr. Ben's work was that he "called it the eye of Ra." I have acknowledged that it was referred to as the eye of Ra, but it was not a symbol attributed to the sun ? . The burden of proof is on you to provide evidence that the symbol how you described it is attributed to Ra instead of Horus.

Lol why do you keep ignoring the research shown below? You must be mad since you have no evidence to back up your bullshyt claim that the all seeing eye is not also called the "Eye of Ra" Dr Ben refers to it as such in his book ? .. Can you not understand ENGLISH? ? Ra is the fukin Egyptian Sun ? dumb ? . You came in this thread saying it was not called the Eye of Ra don't change it up now dude. LMAO And I never said it wasn't attributed to Horus I said it was attributed to both Ra and Horus. So the burden of proof is on your to prove it's not referred to as the Eye of Ra as you have claimed ? .

The Eye*

The Eye of Ra

• beenwize
    edited December 2011
    I have acknowledged that it was referred to as the eye of Ra, but it was not a symbol attributed to the sun ? .
    It is mistakenly called the all seeing eye of Ra by those ignorant of ancient Egyptian gods and goddesses.

^^^ Lol

You sound dumb as ? ? ... At first you stated that it was not called the "Eye of Ra" at all but only the 'Eye of Horus" now you changing it up and saying you now acknowledge it was referred to as the eye of Ra which I had been saying all along. Lol

How can you now say it was referred to as the eye of Ra but not the sun ? ? punk ? Ra is the Ancient Egyptian SUN ? so how can a symbol be attributed to him and not be at the same time?

READ BELOW ? !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ra

Ra (alternatively spelled Re and properly transliterated as Rꜥ) is the ancient Egyptian sun ? . By the Fifth Dynasty he had become a major deity in ancient Egyptian religion, identified primarily with the mid-day sun. The meaning of the name is uncertain, but it is thought that if not a word for 'sun' it may be a variant of or linked to words meaning 'creative power' and 'creator'.[1]

To the Egyptians, the sun represented light, warmth, and growth. This made the sun deity very important as the sun was seen as the ruler of all that he created. The sun disk was either seen as the body or eye of Ra.
  • bambu
    edited December 2011
    Lol why do you keep ignoring the research shown below? You must be mad since you have no evidence to back up your bullshyt claim that the all seeing eye is not also called the "Eye of Ra" Dr Ben refers to it as such in his book ? .. Can you not understand ENGLISH? ? Ra is the fukin Egyptian Sun ? dumb ? . You came in this thread saying it was not called the Eye of Ra don't change it up now dude. LMAO

Stupid ? , just because it is a.k.a. the eye of Ra does not mean that it represents Ra.

This is exactly what I said...."This is not the “all seeing eye” of Amen-Ra. That is the eye of Horus, the Egyptian ? of the sky 'The One Far Above'. Horus is represented by the famous “all seeing eye” from above. Amen-Ra was the combination of the Amen “the king of gods” and Ra “the sun ? .” Amun was represented as a ram or a man with a ram head. Ra was represented as a man with a sun disk atop a hawk head. So your research connecting Amun Ra, Yah/Jehova, freemasonry, Jay-Z, and Jehovah ’s Witness pyramids is baseless."

So now you change your ? up and dropped the Amen after you were properly schooled.... GTFOHWTBS son!!!! I grow weary of arguing with a ? that's gonna pull fiction out they ass and claim that it is proper research. You have attempted to deceive by changing your posts to hide the ether and the fact that you have no clue to what the ? you speak about. I ignore your research links because they are not reliable.(you need more people)
  • beenwize
    edited December 2011
    Stupid ? , just because it is a.k.a. the eye of Ra does not mean that it represents Ra.

This is exactly what I said...."This is not the “all seeing eye” of Amen-Ra. That is the eye of Horus, the Egyptian ? of the sky 'The One Far Above'. Horus is represented by the famous “all seeing eye” from above. Amen-Ra was the combination of the Amen “the king of gods” and Ra “the sun ? .” Amun was represented as a ram or a man with a ram head. Ra was represented as a man with a sun disk atop a hawk head. So your research connecting Amun Ra, Yah/Jehova, freemasonry, Jay-Z, and Jehovah ’s Witness pyramids is baseless."

So now you change your ? up and dropped the Amen after you were properly schooled.... GTFOHWTBS son!!!! I grow weary of arguing with a ? that's gonna pull fiction out they ass and claim that it is proper research. You have attempted to deceive by changing your posts to hide the ether and the fact that you have no clue to what the ? you speak about. I ignore your research links because they are not reliable.(you need more people)

Dumb ? show some research instead of talking nonsense. I'm posting evidence that it's also referred to as the "Eye of Ra" and not just the 'Eye of Horus" As I stated b4 READ Dr. Ben book and you will learn something. Here is more proof dude.

http://www.netconstructions.com/horus/eye.html

The Eye of Horus is very significant.

Horus was the falcon-headed solar and sky ? from ancient Egypt. He is associated with vitality, health and regeneration. Horus was the son of Osiris and Isis. His right eye was white, and represented the sun, and his left eye was black, and represented the moon. According to Egyptian myth, Seth, Horus’s brother, killed Osiris. Horus fought Seth to avenge this death and lost his left eye in the fight. Thoth, the ? of magic and the moon, used his powers to reassemble Horus’s eye and returned it to Horus. It was a symbol of the power of the ? of light, and therefore a popular amulet for protection and good luck. On presenting his eye to Osiris, Osiris experienced rebirth.

The Eye of Horus symbolizes protection and the bringing of wisdom. The eye also symbolizes our ability to see with clarity and truthfulness.

Ra VS Horus

Traditionally, there are 2 mystical eyes in Egyptian magical lore.

The Eye of Ra and the Eye of Horus.

The Eye of Ra is associated with the solar deity; The Eye of Horus a lunar. This coupled with references in literature and practical experience leads to the idea that the Eye of Ra is the right eye and the Eye of Horus the left.

However, one can often find images called The Eye of Horus, when in fact they are the Eye of Ra and the opposite. This is partially due to the artistic license used when representing the Eye of Horus, as it was often painted from either perspective. So, it is fair to say that the eye can be drawn facing either direction and still be referred to as the Eye of Horus. The inner symbolic meaning is generally lost however, therefore we choose to represent the left eye.

Wedjat

The Wedjat Eye is the left eye of Horus, which was restored by Thoth. It is a lunar eye, left being traditionally associated with the moon. It was returned after being stolen by Set (Seth) and was healed by Thoth. It was a symbol of the power of the ? of light, and therefore a popular amulet.
  • beenwize
    edited December 2011

READ below dumb ? !

In later Egyptian dynastic times, Ra was merged with the ? Horus, as Re-Horakhty ("Ra, who is Horus of the Two Horizons"). He was believed to rule in all parts of the created world the sky, the earth, and the underworld.[2] He was associated with the falcon or hawk. When in the New Kingdom the ? Amun rose to prominence he was fused with Ra as Amun-Ra. During the Amarna Period, Akhenaten suppressed the cult of Ra in favour of another solar deity, the Aten, the deified solar disc, but after the death of Akhenaten the cult of Ra was restored.

To the Egyptians, the sun represented light, warmth, and growth. This made the sun deity very important as the sun was seen as the ruler of all that he created. The sun disk was either seen as the body or eye of Ra.
  • bambu
    edited December 2011
    Dumb ? show some research instead of talking nonsense. I'm posting evidence that it's also referred to as the "Eye of Ra" and not just the 'Eye of Horus" As I stated b4 READ Dr. Ben book and you will learn something. Here is more proof dude.

http://www.netconstructions.com/horus/eye.html

The Eye of Horus is very significant.

Horus was the falcon-headed solar and sky ? from ancient Egypt. He is associated with vitality, health and regeneration. Horus was the son of Osiris and Isis. His right eye was white, and represented the sun, and his left eye was black, and represented the moon. According to Egyptian myth, Seth, Horus’s brother, killed Osiris. Horus fought Seth to avenge this death and lost his left eye in the fight. Thoth, the ? of magic and the moon, used his powers to reassemble Horus’s eye and returned it to Horus. It was a symbol of the power of the ? of light, and therefore a popular amulet for protection and good luck. On presenting his eye to Osiris, Osiris experienced rebirth.

The Eye of Horus symbolizes protection and the bringing of wisdom. The eye also symbolizes our ability to see with clarity and truthfulness.

Ra VS Horus

Traditionally, there are 2 mystical eyes in Egyptian magical lore.

The Eye of Ra and the Eye of Horus.

The Eye of Ra is associated with the solar deity; The Eye of Horus a lunar. This coupled with references in literature and practical experience leads to the idea that the Eye of Ra is the right eye and the Eye of Horus the left.

However, one can often find images called The Eye of Horus, when in fact they are the Eye of Ra and the opposite. This is partially due to the artistic license used when representing the Eye of Horus, as it was often painted from either perspective. So, it is fair to say that the eye can be drawn facing either direction and still be referred to as the Eye of Horus. The inner symbolic meaning is generally lost however, therefore we choose to represent the left eye.

Wedjat

The Wedjat Eye is the left eye of Horus, which was restored by Thoth. It is a lunar eye, left being traditionally associated with the moon. It was returned after being stolen by Set (Seth) and was healed by Thoth. It was a symbol of the power of the ? of light, and therefore a popular amulet.

? you started carrying on bout the eye of Amen-Ra, ignorant of the symbol in the first place.

How bout I just dissect your research...."However, one can often find images called The Eye of Horus, when in fact they are the Eye of Ra and the opposite. This is partially due to the artistic license used when representing the Eye of Horus, as it was often painted from either perspective. So, it is fair to say that the eye can be drawn facing either direction and still be referred to as the Eye of Horus." And this rests my case, you claim that its use in connection to the Hebrew ? was to the sun ? , prove it or shut the ? up.
  • beenwize
    edited December 2011
    ? you started carrying on bout the eye of Amen-Ra, ignorant of the symbol in the first place.

How bout I just dissect your research...."However, one can often find images called The Eye of Horus, when in fact they are the Eye of Ra and the opposite. This is partially due to the artistic license used when representing the Eye of Horus, as it was often painted from either perspective. So, it is fair to say that the eye can be drawn facing either direction and still be referred to as the Eye of Horus." And this rests my case, you claim that its use in connection to the Hebrew ? was to the sun ? , prove it or shut the ? up.

Lol you are done ? . Get yo as the ? out of here u don't even present evidence of ? . The Eye is referred to both as the Eye of Ra AND the Eye of Horus. Go lick yo wounds and run coward. Now since I prove your ass wrong you want to say I said Amen-Ra at first instead of just "Ra" wen I already said I meant Ra in the first place which I stated a long time ago fool.
    I have acknowledged that it was referred to as the eye of Ra, but it was not a symbol attributed to the sun ? .
    It is mistakenly called the all seeing eye of Ra by those ignorant of ancient Egyptian gods and goddesses.

^^^ Lol

You sound dumb as ? ? ... At first you stated that it was not called the "Eye of Ra" at all but only the 'Eye of Horus" now you changing it up and saying you now acknowledge it was referred to as the eye of Ra which I had been saying all along. Lol

How can you now say it was referred to as the eye of Ra but not the sun ? ? punk ? Ra is the Ancient Egyptian SUN ? so how can a symbol be attributed to him and not be at the same time?

READ BELOW ? !

Ra (alternatively spelled Re and properly transliterated as Rꜥ) is the ancient Egyptian sun ? . By the Fifth Dynasty he had become a major deity in ancient Egyptian religion, identified primarily with the mid-day sun. The meaning of the name is uncertain, but it is thought that if not a word for 'sun' it may be a variant of or linked to words meaning 'creative power' and 'creator'.[1]

And this rests my case, you claim that its use in connection to the Hebrew ? was to the sun ? , prove it or shut the ? up.

LOOK below ? ? . Check the Masonic Bible as well.

This is a book from a Masonic organization that uses the old testament ? Jehova with the "all seeing eye"

Masonic%20Traveler.jpg

This is the Masonic Jehova witness pyrmaid

pyramid+of+JW.gif

This is the Masonic one dollar bill depicting the "all seeing eye"

eyeallseeingmoney450.jpg
  • beenwize
    edited December 2011
    Eye of Horus." And this rests my case, you claim that its use in connection to the Hebrew ? was to the sun ? , prove it or shut the ? up.

Once again look below ? in the pyramid is the name of the Hebrew ? at the Chapel of the Palace of Versailles in France.

669px-Tetragrammaton_at_5th_Chapel_of_the_Palace_of_Versailles_France.jpg

800px-YHWH.JPG
  • bambu
    edited December 2011
    Lol you are done ? . Get yo as the ? out of here u don't even present evidence of ? . The Eye is referred to both as the Eye of Ra AND the Eye of Horus. Go lick yo wounds and run coward. Now since I prove your ass wrong you want to say I said Amen-Ra at first instead of just "Ra" wen I already said I meant Ra in the first place which I stated a long time ago fool.

You are a dumb ? , the only thing you have proven is that you have a limited understanding of history. My first post in this thread explained the symbols for Ra, Amen, and Horus, you can call it whatever you want but my first post cannot be proven wrong by you or any historian you named. Coward ? ... editing your ignorance, but the fact remains that you had no clue about this ? 24 hours ago. I have no wounds, I came in this thread to point out your ignorance and it was easy. I have not hidden anything or "meant to say anything" unlike your ? ass...

Ole' I meant to say this, but I said that head ass ? .
    Comic book, fiction researching ass ?
  • bambu
    edited December 2011
    Once again look below ? in the pyramid is the name of the Hebrew ? at the Chapel of the Palace of Versailles in France.
    And how does this prove its connection to Amun-Ra, I meant to say Ra?
  • beenwize
    edited December 2011
    You are a dumb ? , the only thing you have proven is that you have a limited understanding of history. My first post in this thread explained the symbols for Ra, Amen, and Horus, you can call it whatever you want but my first post cannot be proven wrong by you or any historian you named. Coward ? ... editing your ignorance, but the fact remains that you had no clue about this ? 24 hours ago. I have no wounds, I came in this thread to point out your ignorance and it was easy. I have not hidden anything or "meant to say anything" unlike your ? ass...

Ole' I meant to say this, but I said that head ass ? .
    Comic book, fiction researching ass ?

stop repeating yourself like a broken record ? ... I already buried you ? .

^^^ Lol

READ BELOW ? !

• beenwize
    edited December 2011
    And how does this prove its connection to Amun-Ra, I meant to say Ra?

Where does the origin of the pyramid and eye come from ? ?

Check the Masonic Bible as well.

This is a book from a Masonic organization that uses the old testament ? Jehova with the "all seeing eye"

Masonic%20Traveler.jpg

This is the Masonic Jehova witness pyrmaid

pyramid+of+JW.gif

This is the Masonic one dollar bill depicting the "all seeing eye"

eyeallseeingmoney450.jpg

669px-Tetragrammaton_at_5th_Chapel_of_the_Palace_of_Versailles_France.jpg
  • bambu
    edited December 2011
    So now its the pyramid and the eye???
  • beenwize
    edited December 2011
    So now its the pyramid and the eye???

dude i'm trying to be respectful... My initial question was why do masonic organizations use the pyramid and the eye for the old testament ? . that was the only question i asked 5 pages ago and you came in here disrespectful as hell, cursing like u out of your mind. I can post many more images if you want but my inquiry was to ask why they use these symbols for him damn.

yhwh.jpg
  • bambu
    edited December 2011
    dude i'm trying to be respectful... My initial question was why do masonic organizations use the pyramid and the eye for the old testament ? . that was the only question i asked 5 pages ago and you start ranting and cursing like u out of your mind. I can post many more images if you want but my inquiry was to ask why they use these symbols for him damn.

O.k.... I told you that I did not come in here to destroy, I only got ill after I noticed you changing posts so that my arguments seemed out of the blue and you trying to act like you are scoring points. I have also read Dr. Ben and several other prominent Egyptoligists.
    I pointed out the sky ? Horus because there are several sources that state that the old testament ? was also represented as a sky/mountain/storm ? . The Nag Hammadi texts were written after these sky ? connections and without proper evidence cannot be traced to the sun ? Ra.
    Another problem is what we have debated over... imagery of the eye of Horus/Ra amongst early Hebrews would have to be thoroughly examined because the symbol actually can be traced to three gods. It would be easier to identify the sun ? if his symbols alone were used, but they are not. If you look close enough you will find that their are also traces of moon worship amongst the early Hebrews, which creates a mosh pit of sun, moon, and sky deities, all represented by the eye. Without strong evidence none of these connections are valid. I have also spent countless hours researching these connections, but have no clear definite answers. However I feel confident in saying that the groups you mentioned use these symbols in an attempt to copy or unlock the wisdom of the ancients.
  • beenwize
    edited December 2011
    O.k.... I told you that I did not come in here to destroy, I only got ill after I noticed you changing posts so that my arguments seemed out of the blue and you trying to act like you are scoring points. I have also read Dr. Ben and several other prominent Egyptoligists.
    I pointed out the sky ? Horus because there are several sources that state that the old testament ? was also represented as a sky/mountain/storm ? . The Nag Hammadi texts were written after these sky ? connections and without proper evidence cannot be traced to the sun ? Ra.
    Another problem is what we have debated over... imagery of the eye of Horus/Ra amongst early Hebrews would have to be thoroughly examined because the symbol actually can be traced to three gods. It would be easier to identify the sun ? if his symbols alone were used, but they are not. If you look close enough you will find that their are also traces of moon worship amongst the early Hebrews, which creates a mosh pit of sun, moon, and sky deities, all represented by the eye. Without strong evidence none of these connections are valid. I have also spent countless hours researching these connections, but have no clear definite answers. However I feel confident in saying that the groups you mentioned use these symbols in an attempt to copy or unlock the wisdom of the ancients.

Look below to see who is being respectful and who came in here cursing and being disrespectful and did not even answer the initial question at all.
    According to the Nag Hammadi gosepls they believe Yah/Jehova to be the DEMIURGE ? of this material world. This is said to be all allegorical for representing the Sun and/or the planet Saturn... I was doing some research and I wonder why masonic organizations in past used the "all seeing eye" of Amen-Ra who is the Ancient Egyptian sun ? ? And why do certain masonic organizations use it today for the old testament ? in freemason books and for Jehova witness pyramid???

I’m not sure if you are bullshitting but…This is not the “all seeing eye” of Amen-Ra. That is the eye of Horus, the Egyptian ? of the sky 'The One Far Above'. Horus is represented by the famous “all seeing eye” from above. Amen-Ra was the combination of the Amen “the king of gods” and Ra “the sun ? .” Amun was represented as a ram or a man with a ram head. Ra was represented as a man with a sun disk atop a hawk head. So your research connecting Amun Ra, Yah/Jehova, freemasonry, Jay-Z, and Jehovah ’s Witness pyramids is baseless.

[QUOTE=beenwize;3981785
    it's called the "all seeing eye of ra" and the all seeing eye of horus... click the link below and do some research.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=all+seeing+eye+of+ra&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=857l4145l0l4602l20l14l0l6l6l1l258l2645l0.7.7l18l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1366&bih=624&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=SQn7Tvm5EKHm0QHvmZDLAg

http://ancientegypt.hypermart.net/freemasonry/index.htm

http://whatisthepyramid.com/tag/all-seeing-eye/

This symbol and its many different abstractions shows up in so many places (churches, hospitals, currency, legal documents, movies, songs, song art, corporate logos, ritual and occult literature) that there cannot be any explanation other than there is some unifying factor causing the use of this symbol either purposefully or not. This symbol ties directly to Egyptian mythology and symbolism of the Eye of Ra, or the Eye of Horus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ra[/QUOTE]
    I do not need to follow any of your research links..... It is mistakenly called the all seeing eye of Ra by those ignorant of ancient Egyptian gods and goddesses.
    it doesn't matter then my question was why do certain masnoic organizations use the eye to represent yahweh/jehovah of the old testament as done below or in jehovah witness church. that was the question don't come in here emotional.
    Why would I get emotional about this ? ...I simply tried to show a flaw in your research. Masonic organizations and other groups use ancient symbols all the time, often ignorant of their original purposes or representations. A picture from a comic book illustrating the "eye of Ra" does not help validate its historical use. The sun ? was not represented by the eye, flipping it on its ass and tracing the letter R only shows that someone has far too much research time on their hands.
    i think it's a flaw in your research... the all seeing eye is of Ra and Horus. My question is why they use it for Yahweh/Jehovah if you can't answer that then I don't need your input.

Clearly Amen means something as everyone says it at the end of prayer. They say it means "truly" in hebrew but many ppl beg to differ after doing deeper research.

the fact that an all seeing eye is used for both of these ? thru masonic organizations is very interesting to to say the least.
    None of what you are saying is dealing with the question I initially asked lol with the fact that Masonic organizations use the Old Testament ? in the same frame that Amen-Ra was used. I presented some proof of this in previous post with use of the "Eye of Ra" with the old testament ? in masonic books, use of the pyramid for Jehova Witness church, Jay-Z use of name of the old testament ? and "all seeing eye" pyramid. The same occurs in the masonic Bible I have heard.. Also Akhenaten banned the worship of all other gods in favor of Aten who is known as the DISK of the Sun and also an aspect of the Egyptian Sun ? Ra.

In that case I really don't understand the point of your reply if you couldn't address my question.
    Look homie, save the ? .... I replied because your research and theory was incorrect. You provided no proof of anything other than some pictures from a google image search. Don't come at me after you edited your argument to appear somewhat valid.

I see that you have gone back and edited your posts to make your argument more valid and less nonsensical. Originally you stated that Akhenaten banned worship of all gods which left the supreme Amen-Ra. Then you removed a picture from a tattoo shop proving that the eye of Horus was the "all seeing eye of Ra" and replaced it with a image from a comic book. As a matter of fact all of your posts have been changed!!

If you think that you proved anything as far your research goes, you are mistaken. The only thing that you have proven is that it took you over 24 hours to find out very basic aspects of Egyptian history.

Your question about the use of ancient symbols was answered.... you just cant grasp the proper understanding. I will post where the ? I want to regardless of what you think.

Ole' let me change what I said earlier so I seem more realer head ass ? .....
  • beenwize
    edited December 2011

I know you couldn't come in here to destroy anything as my question was based on an established fact. I never stated that the old testament ? and Ra were the same I inquired why masonic organizations use the eye and pyramid for the old testament ? . And I stated that the Nag Hammadi gospels refer to him as the DEMIURGE ? of this world, and I never said he was traced to Amen-Ra but there are some that do make that claim. These groups that use these symbols and etc are the secret societies of this world that already have obtained wisdom of the ancients and use it for evil which is a known fact in many circles.
  • bambu
    edited December 2011
    I know you couldn't come in here to destroy anything as my question was based on an established fact. I never stated that the old testament ? and Ra were the same I inquired why masonic organizations use the eye and pyramid for the old testament ? . And I stated that the Nag Hammadi gospels refer to him as the DEMIURGE ? of this world, and I never said he was traced to Amen-Ra but there are some that do make that claim. These groups that use these symbols and etc are the secret societies of this world that already have obtained wisdom of the ancients and use it for evil which is a known fact in many circles.

Well you seemed to have answered your own question...we are pretty much on the same page, but since we asking questions..... What evidence do you have to support such a substantial claim outside of the typical Illuminati conspiracy deal?
  • bambu
    edited December 2011
    i think it's a flaw in your research... the all seeing eye is of Ra and Horus. My question is why they use it for Yahweh/Jehovah if you can't answer that then I don't need your input.

Clearly Amen means something as everyone says it at the end of prayer. They say it means "truly" in hebrew but many ppl beg to differ after doing deeper research.

The pharaoh Ahkenaten banned the worship of all other deities leaving the supreme sun ? Amen-Ra. Moses also banned the worship of all other gods as well.

the fact that an all seeing eye is used for both of these ? thru masonic organizations is very interesting to to say the least.
    I did not come in this thread to destroy brother, with that being said your understanding of history is limited....

Akhenaten banned the worship of the Amen in favor of the Aten(hence the title Akhenaten), he did so because its popularity was greater than his own, which probably explains it continued use throughout history at the end of prayer.

Moses means "son of" example: Pharaoh Rameses = Ra + moses = the son of Ra..... Pharoah Thutmose = Thoth + moses= the sun of Thoth(the ? of writing and knowledge). It is written that he banned the worship of the calf (most likely a symbol for a moon deity)amongst early Hebrews.

It is interesting that masonic organizations use not only the eye of Horus, but also the obelisk and several other ancient symbols.
    As far as why "they"(Hebrews?) use the symbol for Yahweh/Jehovah, I have no idea I'm not one of them, but I think that they were more likely copying from their former masters.
    None of what you are saying is dealing with the question I initially asked lol with the fact that Masonic organizations use the Old Testament ? in the same frame that Amen-Ra was used. I presented some proof of this in previous post with use of the "Eye of Ra" with the old testament ? in masonic books, use of the pyramid for Jehova Witness church, Jay-Z use of name of the old testament ? and "all seeing eye" pyramid. The same occurs in the masonic Bible I have heard.. Also Akhenaten banned the worship of all other gods in favor of Aten who is known as the DISK of the Sun and also an aspect of the Egyptian Sun ? Ra.

In that case I really don't understand the point of your reply if you couldn't address my question.
    Look homie, save the ? .... I replied because your research and theory was incorrect. You provided no proof of anything other than some pictures from a google image search. Don't come at me after you edited your argument to appear somewhat valid.

I see that you have gone back and edited your posts to make your argument more valid and less nonsensical. Originally you stated that Akhenaten banned worship of all gods which left the supreme Amen-Ra. Then you removed a picture from a tattoo shop proving that the eye of Horus was the "all seeing eye of Ra" and replaced it with a image from a comic book. As a matter of fact all of your posts have been changed!!

If you think that you proved anything as far your research goes, you are mistaken. The only thing that you have proven is that it took you over 24 hours to find out very basic aspects of Egyptian history.

Your question about the use of ancient symbols was answered.... you just cant grasp the proper understanding. I will post where the ? I want to regardless of what you think.

Ole' let me change what I said earlier so I seem more realer head ass ? .....

fixed.....
  • beenwize
    edited December 2011
    Well you seemed to have answered your own question...we are pretty much on the same page, but since we asking questions..... What evidence do you have to support such a substantial claim outside of the typical Illuminati conspiracy deal?

evidence is everywhere but i'm not going to post it at the moment since you are able to research yourself. if i play that game with you it's just going to result in a another dragged out debate of ? talkin.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Sethian Gnosticism

The following analysis of the literary dependencies and redactional history of the Sethian gnostic texts from Nag Hammadi and elsewhere allows one to assign them to various periods during the first four centuries of the Christian era. The texts thus dated seem to reflect a coherent tradition of mythologumena that includes:

a. a sacred history of Seth's seed, derived from a peculiar exegesis of Genesis 1-6;

b. a doctrine of the divine wisdom in its primordial, fallen, and restored aspects;

c. a baptismal rite, often called the Five- Seals, involving a removal from the fleshly world and transportation-into the realm of light through the invocation of certain divine
    personages;

d. certain Christological speculations relating Christ to prominent Sethian primordial figures such as Adam and Seth; and

e. a fund of Platonic metaphysical concepts relating to the structure of the divine world and a self-actuated visionary means of assimilating with it.

The result of the study suggests that Sethianism interacted with Christianity in five phases:

1. Sethianism as a non-Christian baptismal sect of the first centuries B.C.E. and C.E. which considered itself primordially enlightened by the divine wisdom revealed to Adam and Seth, yet expected a final visitation of Seth marked by his conferral of a saving baptism;

2. Sethianism as gradually Christianized in the later first century onward through an identification of the pre-existent Christ with Seth, or Adam, that emerged through contact with Christian baptismal groups;

3. Sethianism as increasingly estranged from a Christianity becoming more orthodox toward the end of the second century and beyond;

4. Sethianism as rejected by the Great Church but meanwhile increasingly attracted to the individualistic contemplative practices of third-century Platonism; and

5. Sethianism as estranged from the orthodox Platonists of the late third century and increasingly fragmented into various derivative and other sectarian gnostic groups, some surviving into the Middle Ages.

This discussion has been closed.