I was just wondering,

BiblicalAtheist
BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Do you ever practice sending your thoughts out and seeing if they manifest somewhere and through people?

Comments

• ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited June 2010
    No, but sometimes when im extremely bored I close my eyes and try to remote view things or form some kind of phsycic connection with something.
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    No, but sometimes when im extremely bored I close my eyes and try to remote view things or form some kind of phsycic connection with something.

This I'm actually pretty good at... I stay up real late then try and go to sleep. My eyes are closed but my brain keeps working and boom, I'm somewhere looking at something and its always daytime for some reason... Once I saw a kid with a small satellite on his baseball cap and some sort of electronic device in his hand that was connected to his finger. Don't ask me what it was. I sometimes dream of future happenings also like places I've never been to. Some have signifigance others, I don't think they do. Side note if I wake up early enough in the morning my brain can learn anything. Seriously like math related or comprhending something difficult its sick...
    Do you ever practice sending your thoughts out and seeing if they manifest somewhere and through people?

Yup, has never worked though...
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    This I'm actually pretty good at... I stay up real late then try and go to sleep. My eyes are closed but my brain keeps working and boom, I'm somewhere looking at something and its always daytime for some reason... Once I saw a kid with a small satellite on his baseball cap and some sort of electronic device in his hand that was connected to his finger. Don't ask me what it was. I sometimes dream of future happenings also like places I've never been to. Some have signifigance others, I don't think they do. Side note if I wake up early enough in the morning my brain can learn anything. Seriously like math related or comprhending something difficult its sick...

Yup, has never worked though...

It's not waking up early that does it, it's getting an appropriate amount of sleep. When you wake up when you're body and mind is fully re-charged, your brain is at top notch. I do it all the time when I wake up. I've had many epiphanies just from waking up and thinking about my dreams right away.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited June 2010
    One thing I am able to do, Lucid Dreaming. ? took me for ever but I can do that. Anyone who dont believe it, go read up on how to do it, practice is as much as possible and I garuntee you it'll work for you.
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    is this astral projection? i've been trying to get a good understanding of it myself. i know most of us have heard of the astral plane.
  • DaPrinciplez
    DaPrinciplez Members Posts: 1,148
    edited June 2010
    When I get head I always seem to send my thoughts out sayin "swallow dat ? " and it always seems to work.

So maybe I should put it into practice else where....
  • perspective@100
    edited June 2010
    Chike wrote: »
    It's not waking up early that does it, it's getting an appropriate amount of sleep. When you wake up when you're body and mind is fully re-charged, your brain is at top notch. I do it all the time when I wake up. I've had many epiphanies just from waking up and thinking about my dreams right away.

I must sleep past "appropriate" most days then cuz it only works when I think I'm too tired to really get up... I'm a 12 noon kinda guy but my brain wants me to be like a 9am type dude but my body is not havin that.

When I get head I always seem to send my thoughts out sayin "swallow dat ? " and it always seems to work.

So maybe I should put it into practice else where....

Hilarious...
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    is this astral projection? i've been trying to get a good understanding of it myself. i know most of us have heard of the astral plane.

No, no astral projection. I mean concentrating on a particular thought, sending it 'out there' and seeing if it manifests in someone or someplace. I've been practicing it for a few years now, I think I've seen some results, but can't be sure.
  • perspective@100
    edited June 2010
    One thing I am able to do, Lucid Dreaming. ? took me for ever but I can do that. Anyone who dont believe it, go read up on how to do it, practice is as much as possible and I garuntee you it'll work for you.

Oh ok I wasn't familiar with this term, but I used this to stop having nightmares as a kid, then once I realized it was a dream I always made myself start flying around like superman. I used to beat up all the villains in my dreams ? was hilarious, to me anyway...