Cam Newton Blames VY and Jamarcus Russell for him being criticized so much.

Options

Comments

• bignorm73
    bignorm73 Banned Users Posts: 5,031 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Cam is that dude.
    But one thing that is not VY and JAmarcus fault is this.

Black QBs are judged as a group.
    White QBs are judged as individuals.

Trust me, the furthest thing from Andrew Luck's mind is how bad Brady Quinn ? up.
    But every black QB has the fear of past black qb's ? ups.

Thats the truth of race/racism in this country.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    bignorm73 wrote: »
    Cam is that dude.

Trust me, the furthest thing from Andrew Luck's mind is how bad Brady Quinn ? up.

truth.com good post. I dont like him putting Vince in teh same sentence as Russell. Vince was a pro bowl qb. Vince wasnt given the same boost of confidence form his coach and team as did Cam and he cpnstantly had to look over his shoulder which ? up his psyche.... Vince won games. i blame him for the whole suicide thing but outside of that he aint get a fair shake.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Love this guy talent but he yaps too much ...he damn sure had a a lot to say as a rookie this entire season

had a hell of a year as a rookie but just relax

i forgot what that comment was he made a few weeks ago about him and his team , im like bruh just chill, he walks around calling himself "Ace Boogie" and celebrates in the end zone when his team is still losing

dude is a beast of a talent but i didnt like how much he yapped this year ..
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Cam is the Anti McNabb he not going to take the high road on ? . He trying to expose the media bias by tellin it like it is.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Cam is the Anti McNabb he not going to take the high road on ? . He trying to expose the media bias by tellin it like it is.

i ? with it , i just want him to wait until his squad is winning ... cuz right now it just comes off the wrong way , stat padding is great but players are defined by W's ..

he's a rookie who had a awesome year , but at the same time has a lot to learn , he should just wait til the team has a little more success
  • DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Cam Newton yon bitchnygg with his overzealous bigotry cooning out to Uncle Cracca the analysts proving once again that he is nothing but the NFLs Jayceon Terrell Taylor.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Cam has a point about JaWalrus. He ? the perception of a black QB for what we thought would've been 10-15 years....until Killa Cam came along.

I dunno out Black Jesus, though. VY did his thing. Sure, hsi number weren't pretty, but Tennesse was a good team with him under center.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    truth be told, race -not racism- played a factor in the things that were said about him and the reason many people were skeptical. but lets be real, Cam Newton wants to transcend sports, yes he wants to be seen as the greatest football player ever but he wants his success on the field to mirror his success in the world of pop culture. he wants to be one of the most recognizable and most marketable athletes ever. I'm pretty sure that he sees himself in the same mold as Jordan and Tiger (pre scandal), and you dont get on that level, in terms of the business side of things, by bringing up the subject of racism or injecting yourself too deep into the political arena. ? around and say the wrong thing, and you may gain half a market share, but you've alienated the other half. but if you just smile and shut the ? up on those issues, then you've still got them all eating out of the palm of your hand. Cam knows what he's doing, and the fact that he realizes this at such a young age just shows he's light years ahead of where everyone thought that he was. both on the field and off the field.
  • Darius
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Cam has a point about JaWalrus. He ? the perception of a black QB for what we thought would've been 10-15 years....until Killa Cam came along.

I dunno out Black Jesus, though. VY did his thing. Sure, hsi number weren't pretty, but Tennesse was a good team with him under center.

i think if vince's career ended after his first couple seasons, his name wouldn't have even been mentioned.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Cam is doing his thing and seems pretty unshakable in the midst of all the biased media, naysayers so ? 'em. Keep showing and proving Cam.
  • Darius
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Cam is doing his thing and seems pretty unshakable in the midst of all the biased media, naysayers so ? 'em. Keep showing and proving Cam.

yep, i said it long ago that i didn't worry about his ability to handle the media on the nfl level since he probably dealt with more public scrutiny and had is name caste in a more negative light than maybe any other college football player in history. and not only did he handle the questions like someone who was older than 19 or whatever he was,, but he did not let that ? affect his style of play, not one iota. media and ? and the pressure is what drives alot of very talented kids out of the league. they may have the skills to play, but its all for naught if they can't block out the distractions
  • Rated R
    Rated R Members Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    For how many doubted him, that makes it an even better achievement
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    2012 ruins every thread......but since thats your whole gimmick anyway,good job.
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    and with that note i will never enter this thread again
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I wonder what the reaction is going to be amongst the analysts for Cam calling them out, pretty much most of ESPN, who said he couldn't throw in the NFL?
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    this is pure phaggitre.

Jamarcus had a disease, that effects one's entire livelihood but he wasn't lightskinned enough to garner the proper medical care nor concern, from the raiders

What the ? ?
    Cam is that dude.

Trill post....
  • Darius
    edited December 2011
    Options

i'm callling bs on that one. well i'm sure he doesn't care about brady quinn, but you'd be a fool to believe that he wasn't concerned about how and why guys like Ryan Leaf and Tim Couch and David Carr and Joey Harrington never amounted to anything
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited December 2011
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    i'm callling bs on that one. well i'm sure he doesn't care about brady quinn, but you'd be a fool to believe that he wasn't concerned about how and why guys like Ryan Leaf and Tim Couch and David Carr and Joey Harrington never amounted to anything

i think what BigNorm is trying to say when white QB's come out they aren't automatically held to those bust standards

they dont say "Andrew Luck will he be the next Brady Quinn? will he be the Next Tim Couch?"

what are they saying ? "Andrew Luck next peyton Manning? " .... they're already attaching him to Manning and Luck hasn't played a Down of NFL Football

to where as of late soon as a Black QB declares for the draft they're holding them to Jamarcus or VY Standards .. or " Will he get in trouble like Vick Did?"

How many hype white QB's in College come out of college and get compared to Bust when they declare?? or have there name attached to a bust how Black QB's of late have been??

i think thats what he's trying to say, and he's right ....now you're right im sure Luck personally also looks at the bust and tries to see what they did wrong but as far as the Media goes i dont see them do them do that , hell Colt McCoy they tried to throw around Drew Brees name cuz of McCoy smaller size like Brees .....like anything successful they compare them to, but when it's the other way around they wanna use black qb's and compare them to a black bust QB

why not use Warren Moon name in the mix as far as being the next success ?? why automatically does it have to be Jamarcus Russell or VY lazy ? is what folks are saying....just cuz' they were black?? there were plenty of bust White QB's as well

To Me Cam is a More athletic version of Ben Roethlisberger , similar size , Arm strength, hard to bring down...Ben just has a better resume , cam is a far better overall runner but i see the similarities but folks will laugh cuz u compare black to white , folks automatically think u have to compare black to black, and white to white.....even when players dont even play like each other

Cam doesn't play anything or carry himself anything like Jamarcus or VY but yet they wanted to compare him to them, it was dumb
  • newOldSchool
    newOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I wish he would have said stop mentioning me with Tebow. Dude has 4,000 passing yards while Tebow has yet to pass for 300 this season but people keep saying " will qbs like Cam and Tebow blah blah." I'm like why are you even saying their name in the sentence? I like both Cam and Tebow but Cam is the real deal while Tebow is fun to watch.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    1. I think he's making waaay too much of his criticism. Every QB gets criticized. Alot of people who actually played the game are calling out the so called "surest thing since Elway" in Luck. From what I remember, most people said Cam was going to be a hell of a player in the league.

2. I do agree with the poster who said black QBs are judged as a group, but the fact of the matter is most of these black QBs in college rely heavily on their athleticism. It makes no sense not acknowledge both as an advantage and disadvantage when you have to deal with the defenses in the NFL.

3. Cam has came off like an ass in recent interviews. (even tho he's speaking alot of truth) He's putting an unnecessary target on his back by pointing out something that we already know.
  • Darius
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i think what BigNorm is trying to say when white QB's come out they aren't automatically held to those bust standards

they dont say "Andrew Luck will he be the next Brady Quinn? will he be the Next Tim Couch?"

what are they saying ? "Andrew Luck next peyton Manning? " .... they're already attaching him to Manning and Luck hasn't played a Down of NFL Football

to where as of late soon as a Black QB declares for the draft they're holding them to Jamarcus or VY Standards .. or " Will he get in trouble like Vick Did?"

How many hype white QB's in College come out of college and get compared to Bust when they declare?? or have there name attached to a bust how Black QB's of late have been??

i think thats what he's trying to say, and he's right ....now you're right im sure Luck personally also looks at the bust and tries to see what they did wrong but as far as the Media goes i dont see them do them do that , hell Colt McCoy they tried to throw around Drew Brees name cuz of McCoy smaller size like Brees .....like anything successful they compare them to, but when it's the other way around they wanna use black qb's and compare them to a black bust QB

why not use Warren Moon name in the mix as far as being the next success ?? why automatically does it have to be Jamarcus Russell or VY lazy ? is what folks are saying....just cuz' they were black?? there were plenty of bust White QB's as well

To Me Cam is a More athletic version of Ben Roethlisberger , similar size , Arm strength, hard to bring down...Ben just has a better resume , cam is a far better overall runner but i see the similarities but folks will laugh cuz u compare black to white , folks automatically think u have to compare black to black, and white to white.....even when players dont even play like each other

Cam doesn't play anything or carry himself anything like Jamarcus or VY but yet they wanted to compare him to them, it was dumb

i dont know. i think the media was constantly mentioning the Roethlisberger comparison. And even McNair. but if you don't throw out Jamarcus Russell's name when talking about a #1 overall qb, then you are just ignoring the 800lb gorilla in the room. no pun intended. Even tho the two play nothing alike, its just the way it is. same way that you'll probably never hear a black running back in the draft be compared to toby gerhart or peyton hillis
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited December 2011
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    i dont know. i think the media was constantly mentioning the Roethlisberger comparison. And even McNair. but if you don't throw out Jamarcus Russell's name when talking about a #1 overall qb, then you are just ignoring the 800lb gorilla in the room. no pun intended. Even tho the two play nothing alike, its just the way it is. same way that you'll probably never hear a black running back in the draft be compared to toby gerhart or peyton hillis

i think what we're all saying is Hold a successful Black QB coming out of college to not just other Black NFL QB's but to a QB as a whole , not just "Oh as a black QB" , no he's a "QB" ...it's almost like putting them in a whole different category as if they dont count

Make the comparisons when they make sense , like RG3 in my opinion would make sense to compare to a black QB someone like a randall cunningham he plays a lot like him , but it just kind of bothers me when i see automatic comparisons to other black or white players when nothing is similar there, just comparing them cuz of the race is the same, and that goes for white players to , i'll see a white player that plays nothing like the white player they'll attempt to compare them to and im like wtf are they looking at

Colt McCoy aint no different than someone like Troy Smith but they wont compare those two ..

Every White QB Coming out of college is Brady,Brees,Rodgers,Favre,Unitas,Montana,Manning ???? those dont grow off trees
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    It's just society in general. We need to stop saying it's the media when it's us. We are all guilty of doing this ? . comparing whites to whites and blacks to blacks It's just easier and lazier to compare folks based on what they look like instead of what they play, dance or sing like. Nobody compares Cris rock to George Carlin but to Eddie Murphy b/c of his color. George Lopez is compared to Paul Rodriguez b/c of their color. It's a refection on how lazy we are as a society.

and Cam let's not forget that computer situation and your father being hot as ? as reasons that you were overly criticized as well. but it's more of society and the system then Jamarcus and VY.
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    yey, it's called Cooning...and that's strike2 for him, in book

he can't help it if hes good
    i said good
    i said good^^^^^^ thats cooning by the way. not what Cam said
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Loved the quotes from Cam glad he wasnt politically correct wit dis ? he dont be givin no ? in his interviews I remember when he was at Auburn the coachin staff wouldn't let him do interviews cuz they thought he would dig himself a bigger hole i wouldnt be surprised if the panthers tried gettin him a PR person
This discussion has been closed.