Cam Newton Blames VY and Jamarcus Russell for him being criticized so much.

Options
13»

Comments

• b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    nb4 "yon ? phaggitre from jeff axel grease" rant
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    nb4 "yon ? phaggitre from jeff axel grease" rant

lol yea tht predictable ? comin iont een pay attention to tht troll no more smell me
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    LoL 2012 was rollin on that first page !
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    damn that was so fuckn real

thank you Cam Gawd!
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    jay83 wrote: »
    "I had people who can't throw a football telling me my mechanics were wrong," Newton said. "I had people taking shots at my character, classifying me as a thug, as a hoodlum. After Week 3 or 4, all these same people wanted an interview. I said, 'You were giving me all this ? and had so much to say about how I was going to play, and now you want to talk? No. Just sit back and watch the show, man.' "

lmao I love it!

Just sit back and watch the show.....that's gotta be Cam's tagline....I'm officially in the fan group

Cam Gawd
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    bignorm73 wrote: »
    Cam is that dude.
    But one thing that is not VY and JAmarcus fault is this.

Black QBs are judged as a group.
    White QBs are judged as individuals.

Trust me, the furthest thing from Andrew Luck's mind is how bad Brady Quinn ? up.
    But every black QB has the fear of past black qb's ? ups.

Thats the truth of race/racism in this country.

close thread
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    yep, i said it long ago that i didn't worry about his ability to handle the media on the nfl level since he probably dealt with more public scrutiny and had is name caste in a more negative light than maybe any other college football player in history. and not only did he handle the questions like someone who was older than 19 or whatever he was,, but he did not let that ? affect his style of play, not one iota. media and ? and the pressure is what drives alot of very talented kids out of the league. they may have the skills to play, but its all for naught if they can't block out the distractions

Aren't you the one that didn't want Carolina to pick newton and compared him to Dameyune Craig at Auburn? Now you live in NEWTON NATION!?!?!? Hahahaha you dickrider.
  • windycity2117
    windycity2117 Members Posts: 9,827 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I hope Cam can keep it up.He's ballin right now and he can do great things.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Need somebody to holler, "Get The Cart!" for him, this weekend

stop cooning breh....
  • gman82
    gman82 Members Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Cam is that dude.

Trust me, the furthest thing from Andrew Luck's mind is how bad Brady Quinn ? up.

co sign....the realest post in here
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    I wonder what the reaction is going to be amongst the analysts for Cam calling them out, pretty much most of ESPN, who said he couldn't throw in the NFL?

Yeah that muthafucka Meryl Hodge was tryna roast him in preseason I don't even like the dude hodge with them high ass collar button ups .... But he had me believing cam didn't have no ackright in his arm ....smh I was buggin on that one
  • RumBoxTen
    RumBoxTen Members Posts: 187
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Cam is that dude.

I agree with the bolded. Black QB's are put into a box as far as expectations. They suppose to be great runners and dynamically athletic but aren't expected to throw accurate or run the offense on the fly. The league is based on trends so when someone tries to buck the stereotype they get criticized for being unorthodox and expectation for failure is set high. It's basically what happened to McNabb throughout the middle of his career when stopped using his legs. In a reverse way the same thing is being applied to Tebow.

As far a what Cam said I don't think he necessarily throwing JM or VY under the bus or anything like that.
    Thing is this, which QB's that have been in the league currently resembles Cam Newton?

Dante Cul, Ben Roth, Vince Young, Jamarcus Russel, and mayyyyyybe Tim Tebow.

You don't find QB's over 6'2 and 230 lb that are mobile. It's just doesn't happen. Vick is the poster child for dual threat QB's and he probably not even 6 foot.
    For Cam to compare himself to VY and JR isn't really ? on them, he just making a honest comparison. Who else is he gonna compare himself to??
    Nobody in the league really fits that mold.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    NCswag wrote: »
    Aren't you the one that didn't want Carolina to pick newton and compared him to Dameyune Craig at Auburn? Now you live in NEWTON NATION!?!?!? Hahahaha you dickrider.

no. i'm the one that said i hope they either draft newton or AJ Green. its well documented where i said that. those were my exact words. i called this ? before Goodell even handed him the jersey.
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Let's just hurry up and dominate the position like we do all the other positions.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    lol ya ? man, dude has a gripe it is what it is
This discussion has been closed.