And so it begins...KD and Westbrook Beef.....Kobe/Shaq part 2!!!!!!

Options
dabullsss
dabullsss Banned Users Posts: 853
edited January 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
the only difference is there will be no championships cuz they gna try to move Russ before its time for his extension

http://blog.newsok.com/thunderrumblings/2011/12/29/thunder-98-grizzlies-95/

•As I laid out in the above link, Westbrook and Kevin Durant got into a heated exchange on the bench during a second quarter timeout. It was as fierce as anything I’ve ever seen from the two publicly and the kind of scene that lends credence to the alleged beef between the two. It didn’t appear to have anything AT ALL to do with the rumored rift that so many seemingly wants to be true. But they had to be separated more than once as they lashed out at each other. Fans in the first few rows behind the bench even came to their feet as if a fight was breaking out. The two eventually sat at opposite ends of the five-man unit that was sitting while waiting on Thunder coach Scott Brooks to enter the huddle. But when Durant and Westbrook took the court, Durant walked over and patted Westbrook on the back of the head.
•Westbrook did not address the media after the game. He wasn’t seen by reporters in the locker room when the media was permitted to enter. It’s not uncommon of Westbrook, though, to dart out of the dressing room. He typically is one of the first out after every game.
•Once again, the altercation did not start between Durant and Westbrook. It simply happened to boil over to them. The frustration started when Westbrook attacked the paint on a drive with about 3 1/2 minutes remaining in the second quarter and kicked it out to a wide open Thabo Sefolosha in the corner. Sefolosha pump faked and passed up the shot, prompting Westbrook to scream at him to “shoot the (expletive) ball.” Sefolosha immediately told Westbrook to relax while acknowledging his mistake. But Westbrook was still steaming as Durant stepped to the free throw line at the end of the sequence. Durant tried to calm Westbrook down, and Kendrick Perkins chimed in with a few words as well while standing at the opposite side of the court from Westbrook. The bench incident took place during a timeout a minute later.
•Westbrook was actually right when he demanded Thabo shoot. Westbrook just handled it the wrong way. Although Westbrook chose his words poorly, his reaction was no different than things I’ve seen from Chris Paul when demanding his teammates do something. Initially, I viewed it as a sign of Westbrook’s growing leadership and improved confidence in communicating, even if it means getting on someone. He was holding his teammate accountable, something he is obligated to do as the Thunder’s floor general. But it looked like he just didn’t know when to let it go.

Comments

• dabullsss
    edited December 2011
    Options
    everyone is talking about the HEAT better win this year, the Thunder better win this year cuz with the new CBA, Westbrook is gna want that same extension that Rose just got, and all he needs to accomplish is to qualify is make one of the all-nba teams (which he is guaranteed to do). so u got perkins @ 11 mil, KD making 18 and now russ will be gettin 18. no $$ to pay harden or Ibaka.......they will have to trade Russ or let go of the 2 role players and sign mimimum guys like NY and MIA
  • woah316
    woah316 Members Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    its a ? shame dwight howard doesn't want to go to the 2 best BASKETBALL TEAMS for him.... OKC and Chicago.... I mean, it's really a ? shame
  • Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Im ridin for KD & cosign what he said that he's backin Russ 110%. Its called loyalty. This aint the same situation like Kobe-shaq cuz both em had BIG Egos. KD is nuthn like that. Russ is hyper aggressive, lets emotions get the best of him. He reminds me of Pippen. Here is where the coachn staff need to step in and hav a talk wit Russ. And lol @ dude who said Perk makes 11 mil, its 8 mil smh! Russ cant get that Rose money cuz he aint the MAN in OKC but he should sign 5yrs $80 Mil and i doubt Russ makes the all nba team this year.
  • woah316
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Mumo X wrote: »
    Im ridin for KD & cosign what he said that he's backin Russ 110%. Its called loyalty. This aint the same situation like Kobe-shaq cuz both em had BIG Egos. KD is nuthn like that. Russ is hyper aggressive, lets emotions get the best of him. He reminds me of Pippen. Here is where the coachn staff need to step in and hav a talk wit Russ. And lol @ dude who said Perk makes 11 mil, its 8 mil smh! Russ cant get that Rose money cuz he aint the MAN in OKC but he should sign 5yrs $80 Mil and i doubt Russ makes the all nba team this year.

what makes you think someone else wont give him the rose money? I guarantee you SOMEONE will... Dallas, Orlando, boston (? let em play 2 guard beside rondo)... and a ton of other good teams WILL pay him the max. He had identical or better numbers to derrick rose last season. OKC wont be able to sign ibaka / harden and westbrook
  • dabullsss
    edited December 2011
    Options
    plain and simple westbrook is the SAME player as D rose, only diff is westbrook dont get the shine cuz he play wit Durant. LOL @ mumo for thinkin westbrook wont get that money. he is a lock to make the ASG but not as a starter (cp3 got that on lock) but to make all NBA, i think he is a virtual LOCK for the 2nd team. the thunder will be a number one or 2 seed. meaning russ will be in that group of wade, kobe cp3, rose, russ......depending on the clippers record, cp3 and russ will be fighting for that last guard spot on the 2nd team
  • Mumo X
    edited December 2011
    Options
    woah316 wrote: »
    what makes you think someone else wont give him the rose money? I guarantee you SOMEONE will... Dallas, Orlando, boston (? let em play 2 guard beside rondo)... and a ton of other good teams WILL pay him the max. He had identical or better numbers to derrick rose last season. OKC wont be able to sign ibaka / harden and westbrook

its called sacrifice son. And its all bout winnin thats why Miami Big 3 took less money to play together. Im findin it difficult to believe that Russ wil duplicate last season's stats. So far Harden has been our 2nd best player. And teams wil be wary of handin him that Maximum. I ride for Russ but its jus stupid to giv him Kobe,KD,Dwight money cuz he aint the kinda player u can build a franchise on. GMs aint stupid no more. And the GM who would offer the 4th best PG in da $18M a year is dumb.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    dabull wrote: »
    plain and simple westbrook is the SAME player as D rose,

Why do you lie?
  • Ekscape
    Ekscape Members Posts: 1,842
    edited December 2011
    Options

Do not be surprised if this happens; i seriously think it will
  • dabullsss
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Why do you lie?

the stats are identical
    they r both athleticism >>>>fundamental
    scoring PGs
    only diff is that Rose is humble and Russ got that EGO
  • Ekscape
    Ekscape Members Posts: 1,842
    edited December 2011
    Options
    plain and simple westbrook is the SAME player as D rose,

naw... Rose is a far better finisher at the rim then Westbrook; Westbrook is damn near out of control when he drives
  • dabullsss
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Mumo, OKC is in a tough spot cuz if they dont trade Russ this season, sum1 will offer him MAX money and even tho he will be restricted, OKC wont be able to match because it will cost them Harden AND Ibaka for salary cap reasons. just face it, it doesnt matter if ya'll think rose is better, at best rose is a 9 and Russ is a 8.5 so Russ will want that Rose money and GM with no PG will drop that dough, it will be a ripple effect. if dwight doesnt go to Nets, then D will is gone, then Brooklyn will have ALOT of $$ to throw @ Russ as well as Boston (KG and Ray come off da books after this year) and well as Dallas, and dont sleep on the Lakers sending away Gasol to make room for a PG signing. OKC almost has to listen to trade offers
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Let Russy go and sign Deron in the offseason.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Ekscape wrote: »
    naw... Rose is a far better finisher at the rim then Westbrook; Westbrook is damn near out of control when he drives

This is what i was gonna say , Westbrook misses so many layups and floaters in the lane going 100 mph ...
  • Mumo X
    edited December 2011
    Options
    plain and simple westbrook is the SAME player as D rose, only diff is westbrook dont get the shine cuz he play wit Durant. LOL @ mumo for thinkin westbrook wont get that money. he is a lock to make the ASG but not as a starter (cp3 got that on lock) but to make all NBA, i think he is a virtual LOCK for the 2nd team. the thunder will be a number one or 2 seed. meaning russ will be in that group of wade, kobe cp3, rose, russ......depending on the clippers record, cp3 and russ will be fighting for that last guard spot on the 2nd team

trust me Son. I know what im talkn bout. Wit Harden gettin more minutes i expect RW numbers to go down. I see RW averagin 19ppg 7apg this season. Meaning he wont make any all nba team and wil make the all star bench. OKC wil easily be the No. 1 in the West but that dont mean RW wil make the 2nd all nba team. CP should made it to atleast 2nd all nba team last season if not for injuries and the Hornets situation. Then their is D. Rose who is a lock for either two. Now which GM pays Russ $18.5M a season?
  • woah316
    edited December 2011
    Options
    its called sacrifice son. And its all bout winnin thats why Miami Big 3 took less money to play together. Im findin it difficult to believe that Russ wil duplicate last season's stats. So far Harden has been our 2nd best player. And teams wil be wary of handin him that Maximum. I ride for Russ but its jus stupid to giv him Kobe,KD,Dwight money cuz he aint the kinda player u can build a franchise on. GMs aint stupid no more. And the GM who would offer the 4th best PG in da $18M a year is dumb.

you do know that Rashard lewis is the 2nd highest paid player in the league? Nene makes about 15million a year now.... ? jason richardson got a 15mil a year contract...

Sometimes its not about how good you are, but what's available on the market... teams have to pay 85% of the salary cap regardless, one reason ok players get big contracts. Russ will get maximum type money... I doubt he cares about winning that much not too... he goes elsewhere, we're talking shoe deals etc.. if he can lead his own team. Dwight howard wont go to OKC just to win, what makes you think russ is the type of player to stay just to win.
  • woah316
    edited December 2011
    Options
    This is what i was gonna say , Westbrook misses so many layups and floaters in the lane going 100 mph ...

what difference does it make if their field goal percentage is identical?

it must just mean westbrook makes more jump shots than rose... doesn't matter.... Same efficiency, same game style, same player.
  • Mumo X
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Mumo, OKC is in a tough spot cuz if they dont trade Russ this season, sum1 will offer him MAX money and even tho he will be restricted, OKC wont be able to match because it will cost them Harden AND Ibaka for salary cap reasons. just face it, it doesnt matter if ya'll think rose is better, at best rose is a 9 and Russ is a 8.5 so Russ will want that Rose money and GM with no PG will drop that dough, it will be a ripple effect. if dwight doesnt go to Nets, then D will is gone, then Brooklyn will have ALOT of $$ to throw @ Russ as well as Boston (KG and Ray come off da books after this year) and well as Dallas, and dont sleep on the Lakers sending away Gasol to make room for a PG signing. OKC almost has to listen to trade offers

thats the thing. We dont know if Russ has turned down any offer but if he asks for Rose money he should be shipped out immediately. Presti inquire bout Rondo,D-Will or even D12
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I'm not sure it's that serious just yet. teammates argue ? jordan smacked folks
  • woah316
    edited December 2011
    Options
    trust me Son. I know what im talkn bout. Wit Harden gettin more minutes i expect RW numbers to go down. I see RW averagin 19ppg 7apg this season. Meaning he wont make any all nba team and wil make the all star bench. OKC wil easily be the No. 1 in the West but that dont mean RW wil make the 2nd all nba team. CP should made it to atleast 2nd all nba team last season if not for injuries and the Hornets situation. Then their is D. Rose who is a lock for either two. Now which GM pays Russ $18.5M a season?

you sittin here saying russ numbers will suffer ? harden will get more minutes.... your just a fan on the internet.... a fanatic type fan, but still just a fan thats not getting paid...

Meanwhile, 100 million dollar organizations in the NBA have staffs of ppl on salary to scout players and see whats going on with them... you think the fact that "harden will get more minutes so russ stats will be affected" will be overlooked by them, yet you caught it?

Lmao....
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Westbrook is getting that Money from someone , ? doesn't even sacrifice on the court he damn sure aint bout' to sacrifice in the wallet

if he really wanted to be a Pass First PG i think he would be the most unstoppable PG in the League , but he's a mental midget who gets frustrated way too easy and goes off the edge too much with his emotions when things aren't going his way ..

no denying how talented he is but he's frustrating to watch cuz some games you'll sit back and be like "Why dont u just always play the PG position like that?" , then you'll see him majority of the times out there trying to get his Stephon Marbury on

be a PG that scores when he has to , not when u wants to....the difference between him and rose is Rose dont have a top 10 player next to him and a potential 6 Man

but he was never a true PG even before coming into the league so i dont too much expect him to be one as of now when he jumped into the league he was still learning on the Job

you wanna be a PG where other players in the league say "Man i wanna play with him cuz i know he'll get me easy shots", Look how excited the Clipper players got cuz thats what CP3 brings to the table

u dont wanna be the type of PG that make players say 'Man this ? is a gun , doesn't really set u up in great spots"
  • dabullsss
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Let Russy go and sign Deron in the offseason.

still doesnt work cuz Deron will want the MAX also
  • dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options

slept on truth in this post! When your minutes go down you know what that means they trying to find chemsitry in different line ups , and RW could be the odd man out, sorry to say but it is true
  • Mumo X
    edited December 2011
    Options
    you do know that Rashard lewis is the 2nd highest paid player in the league? Nene makes about 15million a year now.... ? jason richardson got a 15mil a year contract...

Sometimes its not about how good you are, but what's available on the market... teams have to pay 85% of the salary cap regardless, one reason ok players get big contracts. Russ will get maximum type money... I doubt he cares about winning that much not too... he goes elsewhere, we're talking shoe deals etc.. if he can lead his own team. Dwight howard wont go to OKC just to win, what makes you think russ is the type of player to stay just to win.

you hav a point but its all on Russ. Does he want to go down like Pippen or follow Marbury's path? Stephon thought he had it in him to lead a team but look how that ? turned out? If he stays in OKC he'll make gud money($16M a year), win chips and get endorsements.
  • Jay Pee
    Jay Pee Members Posts: 761
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Deng has been having a good season so far and ? looks a lot healthier this year and is pretty solid to. Noah is horrible though...that kid has no athletcism. I mean he could of spent that off season working on his offensive game. Its atrocious watching him try to make his own basket in the paint. He either gets stripped or gets blocked most of the time. Rose does need a better SG...we will see how much gas RIP has in him.
  • Smo-King Locs
    Smo-King Locs Banned Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Kobe was a cancerous weirdo who isolated himself from the team and the triangle offense to put up numbers and disrespected a legendary coach and player in the process

Westbrook is a hot head who everybody will over analyze because of his playoff performances and erratic shooting at times

He wont get the Derrick rose extension unless he makes the asg as a starter or gets 1st team all nba

That "derrick rose" rule is wack cuz now rose will be makin 18.6 a year for the next 5 for ONE good year he had on his rookie contract

Bulls aint gonna have no dough to do jack cuz of it

COSIGN.
    • But Don't 4 Get The 1st Time The Modern Day Thunders, went To The Playoffs The "Durantuala" was talking all that ? , only to freeze up against the Lakers, it was Westbrook who carried them...

• IDK How Kobe Was/ is a weirdo, Dude Is Jus A Loner
      Kobe is'nt the 1 to blame, don't 4get SHAQUILLE "SUPER HEAD" ON'EAL, Dude is a diva, a Certified ? ...
    • Shaq Should Of Handled The Situation Like An OG, Sat Kobe Down Spit Some Hot ism in his ears, N Took Him Under His wings.
    • But Instead he Saw Kobe as Penny #2 AKA A Threat... 4 reference; see Dwight Howard.
    • Or This:

• @ the end of the day the media BEEN trying to break apart West -Brook & Durant... They Even Made Kevin The Good Guy, N Russel The Bad Guy... All these 2 had was an argument
      Everybody has arguments...
    • It's Funny tho. when Durant Was Chucking his squad, putting up 30 shots a game, everybody said he had no help, now he got the best help he can find, now they saying trade that help.

#3. WestBrook Is The Leader Of This Team... Durant Just LEads The Team In Stats, But In The Locker Room RWB is The Man..