For "BASKETBALL REASONS" Only, Which team is best for Howard, Now and in the Future?

Options
woah316
woah316 Members Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
which team gives dwight the best chance to win a title right now, and in the future going forward? (ok ok, miami heat excluded. besides wade / bron are untradable and orlando wouldn't take bosh)

I must admit, as a BASKETBALL FAN, it's extremely frustrating to see dwight snub the OBVIOUS choices... it's just frustrating. I dont care if he went to a team that I root against, I'd just like him to make the best basketball choice.. He wont go to OKC and he wont go to chicago, easily the best places to win titles for the next 10 years.

This thread is sparked by the recent westbrook / durant rift... You really cant make more sense for a trade than dwight for westbrook straight up... or dwight / nelson for westbrook / perkins... Perhaps no trade in NBA history makes more sense than this for "basketball reasons"...

Comments

• Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    ? Dwight, he aint gon reach the level of Shaq,Kareem,Hakeem,Bill,Wilt cuz as we speak he aint even close to matchn M. Malone, Ewing & D. Rob. Dwight he a monster on defense but if he playd in the 90s he woulda been Alonzo Mourning status smh! So he should go to where he got the best chance to win NOW. Thunder should package RW,Perk & maybe Maynor, a pick for D12. And Dwight wil jus be puttin 18-22ppg & 13rpg for OKC. He wont outshine KD. He jus aint Shaq nor Moses Malone
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Realistically the Bulls ...him and Rose would be together for about a strong 7 seasons ... they would run the east

Bulls make the most since "Basketball" wise , but Chicago isn't on his mind
  • Smo-King Locs
    Smo-King Locs Banned Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Mumo X wrote: »
    ? Dwight, he aint gon reach the level of Shaq,Kareem,Hakeem,Bill,Wilt cuz as we speak he aint even close to matchn M. Malone, Ewing & D. Rob. Dwight he a monster on defense but if he playd in the 90s he woulda been Alonzo Mourning status smh! So he should go to where he got the best chance to win NOW. Thunder should package RW,Perk & maybe Maynor, a pick for D12. And Dwight wil jus be puttin 18-22ppg & 13rpg for OKC. He wont outshine KD. He jus aint Shaq nor Moses Malone

? go watch soccer r track or some thing cuz this basketball ? ain't 4 u...
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited December 2011
    Options
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited December 2011
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    The Nets?

SMH why folks keep saying them, that team is trash and aint even set up good
  • 5th Letter
    edited December 2011
    Options
    SMH why folks keep saying them, that team is trash and aint even set up good

If we get Dwight I bet players would be willing to play here.
  • GrizTitan
    GrizTitan Members Posts: 2,075 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I would say the Nets because of the exposure compared to Orlando.......but even though i would hate to admit this but the Lakers are a better fit because Kobe will be done soon and all he needs is a solid big man. And I would like my Grizzlies to beat the son them when they have a better squad.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I really don't think many stars want to play with Rose b/c Rose shoots a lot and always has the ball. Same reason none of them wanted to play with Iverson.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    lmao @ going to the Clippers but losing Blake. You on ? ?
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited December 2011
    Options
    If we get Dwight I bet players would be willing to play here.

Ya'll Got D-Will and nobody went running there , a top 2 PG in the entire game
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Mumo X wrote: »

Right... cuz that matters? He's the best C in the league now and for the foreseeable future. Putting up 20 n 13 every night is all star status, wtf are you saying.
    ? go watch soccer r track or some thing cuz this basketball ? ain't 4 u...

LMAO exactly...
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Nets, we got the best pg in the nba and 2 of the best 3 point shooters in the nba, plus we will have no problem signing players to play with the best pg and best c in the nba
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
  • 5th Letter
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Ya'll Got D-Will and nobody went running there , a top 2 PG in the entire game

No one wants to come here because deron hasn't made a commitment to stay. If he signed an extention things would have been a little different.
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
  • woah316
    edited December 2011
    Options
    lmao @ going to the Clippers but losing Blake. You on ? ?

haha, I was really just throwing out possible scenarios, BASKETBALL WISE... because that is very possible, if the clippers wanted to do it...

I cant believe I'm the only one who voted OKC.... How is a line up of:

Dwight
    Ibaka
    Durrant
    Harden
    Maynor

Not an NBA title? HOW??? You pretty much have 3 7 footers... 2 being the most athletic 7 footers in the entire NBA... sure durrant isn't a defensive guy, but he'll do enough in a system with those 2...

To me, defensively, those guys would be the 2nd coming of Robinson / Duncan, except both are more athletic (while a little shorter), and still in their primes (robinson was old with the spurs)...

Then you have the best scorer in the NBA in durant... A great scorer in harden... This beats anything even the bulls could throw on the floor...

Dwight / Ibaka / Durrant / Harden / Maynor >>> Dwight / ? / Gibson / Rip / Rose
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited December 2011
    Options
    No one wants to come here because deron hasn't made a commitment to stay. If he signed an extention things would have been a little different.

So why would it make sense for Dwight to go there if Deron isn't even Committed??

Still waiting on Jay-z to bring Lebron there? Waiting on Jay-Z to get Melo there? Deron Signed the extension yet??..........oh

Nets trash
  • 5th Letter
    edited December 2011
    Options
    So why would it make sense for Dwight to go there if Deron isn't even Committed??

Still waiting on Jay-z to bring Lebron there? Waiting on Jay-Z to get Melo there? Deron Signed the extension yet??..........oh

Nets trash

Lol

If Dwight comes to the nets deron will stay. They are friends (along with morrow) off the court.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Lol

If Dwight comes to the nets deron will stay. They are friends (along with morrow) off the court.

"IF"

we can do those all day
  • dabullsss
    dabullsss Banned Users Posts: 853
    edited December 2011
    Options
    for bball reasons, Chicago is the best spot. or NY. (trading chandler and Amare for Howard and nelson)
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    how about orlando. I dont understand these players. He just went to the finals 2 years back. They're a player or two away but he done came out and publicly expressed not wanting to be there and all of a sudden now he want to go to L.A. just like Shaq.

I lost a lot of respect for this ?
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options

he's out and going back home to dallas
  • woah316
    edited December 2011
    Options
    dabull wrote: »
    for bball reasons, Chicago is the best spot. or NY. (trading chandler and Amare for Howard and nelson)

dude trading chandler and amare to get dwight is damn near a wash trade.. you give up a big time defensive guy thats a little taller than dwight and doesn't need the ball at all, and you give up a better scorer than dwight.. that doesn't make them better.. might actually make em worse.
  • woah316
    edited December 2011
    Options
    "IF"

we can do those all day

yea, people killin me with that Nets talk... seriously it gives me a headache...

you talking about a nets team that got blew out by 40 points by the wizards or some ? ... dwight cannot save them even if deron is there... they'll just go back to what he was in orlando
  • dabullsss
    dabullsss Banned Users Posts: 853
    edited December 2011
    Options
    in that article he also said that Dallas is the best spot for him and Deron to go to.....but i hope he goes to CHI so that the lakers can get Deron before the Mavs sign him in free agency