How long until you seen significant changes in the gym?

shadb33
shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
edited June 2010 in The Weight Room
I've been lifting for about a month now and wondering when will I see my body change significantly. Strength wise I'm getting stronger but my body is pretty much the same besides my legs looking bigger. I did calisthenics for 2 months and I seen changes in my body in a couple weeks from that with no supplements. Now I take whey protein and creatine.

Comments

• Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    shadb33 wrote: »
    I've been lifting for about a month now and wondering when will I see my body change significantly. Strength wise I'm getting stronger but my body is pretty much the same besides my legs looking bigger. I did calisthenics for 2 months and I seen changes in my body in a couple weeks from that with no supplements. Now I take whey protein and creatine.
    Everyone's body responds differently to strength training but I'm guessing around 6 weeks or so but you also have to make sure you are taking in enough calories to see significant changes in muscle growth.

When I was stationed in Iraq I started lifting weights and wasnt taking anything but creatine and eating my ass off. I only lifted for 3 months but the muscle packed itself on me with the quickness, too fast lol I got stretch marks on my chest, back, shoulders and arms because of how fast I was growing.
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Yeah nevermind. I looked in the mirror today and I looked a little bigger. I just have to be patient.
  • dreadedbwoy661
    dreadedbwoy661 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Eat big to get big. If you aren't getting bigger, you either aren't lifting hard enough or you aren't eating enough.

Anyways, I recommend the workout program Westside for Skinny ? , you'll get hella big and hella strong with that if you eat right.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    been lifting hard as hell since janruary. Aint seen results other than I've gotten stronger. Pretty much I look the same. I lift weights for my own happiness and nobody elses.
  • juice86
    juice86 Members Posts: 832
    edited June 2010
    it takes about 6 to 14 weeks of weights and eatting right to see big change.
  • Cleveland7venty6
    Cleveland7venty6 Members Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
  • robdaze151
    robdaze151 Banned Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Want to get bigger faster? Just power lift
    2 reps each exercise in a rotation @ your max. Also eat a ? load of baked potatoes and you protein.
    I did this on a little less healthy way my 3rd year at CSU( I ate whatever food I could get my hands on and did no cardio)
    But In 1 summer I went from 160 lbs to 192 and looked like I was about to try out for WWE.
    Power lift, power lift