Perkins to Webber: Keep my name out ya mouth"

Options
Beta
Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
shots_fired_as_kendrick_perkins_bashes_chris_webber_on_twitter.jpg

Yikes. Playing the "get a ring, and we'll talk" card is always tough, because Perkins was the weak (although integral) link in a Boston starting lineup that won the 2008 title, and Webber was the best player on several championship-level Sacramento Kings teams that fell just short. But it does appear that Perkins has a legitimate gripe. Via NBA Off-Season, take a look of this clip featuring Webber as he discusses Perk's fit in Oklahoma City:

Considering that Perkins, more than anything else in his repertoire, is thought of as a superior post defender? That's a strange, if not inarguable, statement coming from C-Webb. And though we watched NBA TV's postgame show a time and a half as Wednesday night bled into Thursday morning, we missed the part where Outside the NBA's James Herbert apparently caught Webber once again criticizing Perkins' post defense, calling him "overrated."

It seems an odd, forceful bit of analysis from Webber on what is a genuinely well-respected player in Perkins. We always appreciate analysis that goes against the tide, assuming it's not created just for effect, but to these eyes Webber might be a little off, here.

And, to everyone's eyes, it appears as if Perkins is ticked.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Shots-fired-as-Kendrick-Perkins-bashes-Chris-We?urn=nba-wp12573

What yall think?

Comments

• Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i knew great things would come once i saw that perkins had signed up for twitter.
  • woah316
    woah316 Members Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    thats lame as hell... He's an analyst, paid to analyze... and I guess now deshawn Stevenson can play the ring card if charles barkley says anything bad about him? ? outta here
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    lol seen this ? happen live since I follow Perkins (he's more netertaining then I thought) then he got into it wit the owner of Black sports online nd he called Big Perk the Stacy King of the Celtics nd told him stop trynna act like a star
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    he called Big Perk the Stacy King of the Celtics nd told him stop trynna act like a star

lmaooooooooooooooooooo
  • MUDDYWATERZ
    MUDDYWATERZ Members Posts: 252 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Man ? perkins ,im tired of dat ? ? for no reason man.
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Perk was not a weak link.
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Come on now Perkins isn't half the player Webber was, ring or no ring.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    everybody has a twitter
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    legit gripe. Im tired of these older players being haters and that go back even further than just 1 generation back
  • Copper
    edited December 2011
    Options
    having a negative opinion about someones game is "hating" now?
  • Copper
    edited December 2011
    Options
    It's bigger than that, bytchNIGG, didn't you see the Cam story too;

Use your creativity to Hate on Darkskinned-Ni99ERS, increase your Pop Culture popularity

shut and dont quote me captain ?
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    CWEBB on his bad knee would murder Perk just because you have a mean mug don't mean you a thug.
  • Copper
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Fucc you, lame.

Just keep reading my field-NI99ER truths, and weeping, then getting mad @ me for bringing it....lol....

yep, keep doing just that, you buttercuppityBYTCH
    u dont like cam cause he a real ? ....and ur fakeness seeps through every last one of ur post
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    its all talk lol i'm sure if webber pulled his card perk would ? up in a heart beat.
    perk too busy lookin sad to be a factor and should respect the fact that webber isnt ? on him, just doin his job and telling the truth
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    lmao @ "get a ring".

perkins need to get a grip on reality. boston woulda won that ring without his ? ass
  • R.D.
    edited December 2011
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    lmao @ "get a ring".

perkins need to get a grip on reality. boston woulda won that ring without his ? ass

negative....Boston might have two if they had him 2nd time around
    nycest_1 wrote: »
    its all talk lol i'm sure if webber pulled his card perk would ? up in a heart beat.
    perk too busy lookin sad to be a factor and should respect the fact that webber isnt ? on him, just doin his job and telling the truth

doubtful but you knew that
  • Copper
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Oh thats no doubt he's a real niggu in your eyes, I bet, for blaming Darkskinned-NI99ERS about getting treated the same way they did, by a racist media.

Rofl

...this is rich...

Don't forget now, fuccboy, you're posting to the member who brings those questions/motivates thoughts you hate to think of:

-how that bytchazz niggu gon blame them, bcuz the media hates Black qb's??
    -did Jamarcus and Vince make the media apply, any ounce, of the racist-criticism he faced?
    -IOW, Did they call the media up/begging them to apply unfair pressure to Cam?? lol
    -how are those two to blame, when they got fuccd by same racist media as Cam?

2012 dont like barkely cause barkley a real ? and he refused to be 2012's role model
  • b*braze
    edited December 2011
    Options
    rap doctor wrote: »
    negative....Boston might have two if they had him 2nd time around

no pau just wasnt ready for the big time. he was gettin chumped off by leon ? powe. they didnt need him that first time around. second time lakers was gonna take it regardless. he wasnt doin ? in any of the games he did play in the finals. celtics lost because they ran outta gas before the lakers and ray allen couldnt get his ? together
  • CockMcStuffins
    CockMcStuffins Members Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Perkins would beat webber's ass if it came to that

But he's not a quarter of the player webber was
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    no pau just wasnt ready for the big time. he was gettin chumped off by leon ? powe. they didnt need him that first time around. second time lakers was gonna take it regardless. he wasnt doin ? in any of the games he did play in the finals. celtics lost because they ran outta gas before the lakers and ray allen couldnt get his ? together

boston might have 2 if kg didn't get injured
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    having a negative opinion about someones game is "hating" now?

This whole generation is ? . You can't criticize ? now, or else you're a hater. Ole' Prima Donna ass ? . I wish one of these skinny jeans wearing ? WOULD call me a hater
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    LOL perkins caught feelings
  • R.D.
    edited December 2011
    Options
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »
    This whole generation is ? . You can't criticize ? now, or else you're a hater. Ole' Prima Donna ass ? . I wish one of these skinny jeans wearing ? WOULD call me a hater

you a hater
  • b*braze
    edited December 2011
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    boston might have 2 if kg didn't get injured

or none if bynum was healthy in 08. but whats done is done
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options