Lebron, Durant, D Rose,or Dwight

Merck316
Merck316 Members Posts: 341
edited December 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
if you could have just one player to start yo franchise with who would you pick ?

Comments

• t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    This is a pointless argument with ? who go as hard as woah. This is the same dude that cancels players out on each team based on their abilities to determine who is better. There are some people in here that hate on Bron but their sports opinions are relevant so it is what it is, yours aren't.....
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    and after he left there #2.....no bron no problem

Am i saying cleveland has a problem filling seats, or am i saying lebron fills seats.

we aren't on opposite sides here u ?
  • coop9889
    edited December 2011
    Sports talk really brings out the ? in ?

Every ? wanna act like he know everything cuz he watch a lil ESPN
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    coop9889 wrote: »
    Am i saying cleveland has a problem filling seats, or am i saying lebron fills seats.

we aren't on opposite sides here u ?

if cleveland has no problem filling seats then u can say bron is the reason they filled seats
  • coop9889
    edited December 2011
    if cleveland has no problem filling seats then u can say bron is the reason they filled seats

I think you meant "cant".

By Cleveland being last in the league in attendance before they drafted Lebron, jumping to NINTH the year they draft him, then steadily to #2 till he left says everything. I don't have to say ? .

The fact that you are even trying to argue that Lebron, the most controversial player in the NBA and arguably the best, DOESNT fill seats just proves I'm wasting my time with someone of less intelligence.

Good day sir.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    coop9889 wrote: »
    I think you meant "cant".

By Cleveland being last in the league in attendance before they drafted Lebron, jumping to NINTH the year they draft him, then steadily to #2 till he left says everything. I don't have to say ? .

The fact that you are even trying to argue that Lebron, the most controversial player in the NBA and arguably the best, DOESNT fill seats just proves I'm wasting my time with someone of less intelligence.

Good day sir.

Miamis attendence slumped last season after the initial excitment and the losing began...same will happen this year
  • coop9889
    edited December 2011
    Miamis attendence slumped last season after the initial excitment and the losing began...same will happen this year

Miami was 5th overall in attendance.

If it "slumped" to 5th that's still more than the majority of the league.

And lol @ "when the losing began" like they aint have the 3rd best record.

Just stop, dude. You aren't making sense.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    D Howard.... just common sense
  • woah316
    woah316 Members Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    c1up wrote: »
    D Howard.... just common sense

common sense is making sure you worry about who will take the shots in the last 2 minutes while dwight is on the bench in game 7 of the finals.

The only way to really answer this question is to know who is left to draft after these 2...

If I can Draft lebron, and then wade is out there, I'll take lebron first...

If I dont know a wade is out there, I'll take durant, and get him help later.

Lebron is the help, you dont take him first. Or dwight for that matter.
  • Focal Point
    edited December 2011
    woah316 wrote: »
    common sense is making sure you worry about who will take the shots in the last 2 minutes while dwight is on the bench in game 7 of the finals.

The only way to really answer this question is to know who is left to draft after these 2...

If I can Draft lebron, and then wade is out there, I'll take lebron first...

If I dont know a wade is out there, I'll take durant, and get him help later.

Lebron is the help, you dont take him first. Or dwight for that matter.

I'll take the guy who will demand the defense colllaspe and he can kick out or go up strong and finish with the And1
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Los216 wrote: »
    He's only dominant defensively

so defensive dosent count these days? and i could have swore he averaged something like 23 and 14 on 60% shooting ...idk about you but that ? sounds pretty dominat to me ... and thats only on about 12-13 shots a game ..in comparison to a prime shaq who was taking 18,19,20 ...his ? teamates rather shoot threes then feed him ... i can see why he wants to play with a real PG like deron
  • Focal Point
    edited December 2011
    Dizzel3000 wrote: »
    so defensive dosent count these days? and i could have swore he averaged something like 23 and 14 on 60% shooting ...idk about you but that ? sounds pretty dominat to me ... and thats only on about 12-13 shots a game ..in comparison to a prime shaq who was taking 18,19,20 ...his ? teamates rather shoot threes then feed him ... i can see why he wants to play with a real PG like deron

props on the post
  • woah316
    woah316 Members Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    c1up wrote: »
    I'll take the guy who will demand the defense colllaspe and he can kick out or go up strong and finish with the And1

No, he will get hacked intentionally, go to the line, and miss.

The guy that you're "building your franchise around" will be on the bench at the most important time in the game.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Mrslim1 wrote: »
    Durant is going to fry whoever is in front of him no matter what . Lebron may have performance anxiety and hyperventilate when the pressure is on .

Ron Artest.
    You're knocking Bron' as a #1 Option which is Valid cuz he does get his hide and seek on

but you aint answer my question , i said how many rings do the other players have as #1 Options so far??

Not one player on this list has a ring so how is it stupid for anyone to say Lebron??.....Dwight went to the finals and they Lost, Durant and Rose havent been ...not saying they wont eventually but the fact is THEY HAVEN'T

and as #1 Options the Other 3 u claim u would take before bron STILL HAVE'NT ACCOMPLISHED AS MUCH AS LEBRON

Bron' Rubs people the wrong way with his mannerisms and his Cocky as comments at time i'll agree to that

but for u to sit here and act like the other 3 is a blowout over bron is so far wrong cuz as #1 Options they are ringless as well, thing is Folks Hold Lebron to a different Level/Standard then Probably anyone else in the league

When Rose,Durant,Howard get knocked out the playoffs i dont hear "Choke artist" , i hear it when it comes to Bron though

when those 3 get knocked out it's "His time will come" , "he's young he'll get it" , When Bron fails it's "LMAO!!! THAT ? SUCKS!!"

its the standard ya'll hold Bron to
    ..Rose just won MVP last year if he dont win the championship this season will u say he's a choke artist and cant get it done? or will it be "Oh he needs help"

Cosign all this. It's definitely the standard they hold Lebron to.
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Dwight Howard because there isn't much talent/consistency at the C position in the NBA today which is really important.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    lmao this ? said he watched one shot 60 times.. wtf..
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    LeBron, people can hate on him all they want but, dude is nice.
    I look at his issues with clutch situations and think about the fact that with every year, more pressure is put on him.
    This year u can see that he is more relaxed and just playing the game for fun now.
    Look at how he was smiling and laughing when they were losing to The Bobcats, he didn't have that serious look on his face.
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    south4life wrote: »
    LeBron, people can hate on him all they want but, dude is nice.

How can such player be called "nice" when he was swept in the finals and then several years later plays alongside two all stars he disappears in a 6 game series?

Call yourself King James or The Chose one there are going to be high expectations.
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    How can such player be called "nice" when he was swept in the finals and then several years later plays alongside two all stars he disappears in a 6 game series?

Call yourself King James or The Chose one there are going to be high expectations.

When he got swept, those games were close.
    Look at the scores from the 4 games....

Game 1 - 85 - 76
    Game 2 - 103 - 92
    Game 3 - 75 - 72
    Game 4 - 83 - 82

The Spurs barely got by The Cavs and the funny thing is The Spurs were loaded.

Yes he disappeared against The Mavs but, u can not tell me LeBron is not a freak of nature.
    Dude came in the league beasting, this year he is more calm and he will get better, dude is only 27 years old.