More proof that life was not designed by a ?

KTULU IS BACK
KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
edited July 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
i dont think i can embed this vid, so here it is: http://videosift.com/video/Richard-Dawkins-Demonstrates-Laryngeal-Nerve-of-the-Giraffe

warning: graphic visual depictions of a giraffe's guts

summary: mammals have a nerve that runs from the brain, down the neck, around the heart, and back up to the larynx. for no good reason. if a designer put this there, it was a mistake. if evolution put it there, it makes perfect sense, since evolution doesn't have a long-term plan.

so anyway, as usual, ? doesn't exist.

Comments

• KTULU IS BACK
    edited June 2010
    shout out to the appendix...

the appendix is useful in mammals that eat shitloads of grass and ?

the fact that it remains in humans and can be removed without a problem is yet another sign that we are not "? 's special creation" though
  • sickbizzle
    sickbizzle Members Posts: 1,184 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    who the hell needs more proof wtf? if you're not convinced at this point you're a lost cause
  • louis the great
    louis the great Members Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Wow you guys are full of ? ! Hope an eternity without ? makes up for the short some of ur existence on Earth.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited June 2010
    Hope an eternity without ? makes up for the short some of ur existence on Earth.

damn, you're hoping we suffer an extremely horrible fate?

what kind of religious man you supposed to be? the ? kind? suck a ? .
  • louis the great
    edited June 2010
    damn, you're hoping we suffer an extremely horrible fate?

what kind of religious man you supposed to be? the ? kind? suck a ? .

If not with ? why in ? would I care abt you or anything you Stand for! Go suck on Satans ? ? !
  • theillestrator
    theillestrator Members Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    because he's a real person with feelings and ? is a non-existing being that you willingly give love to lol
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    the appendix is useful in mammals that eat shitloads of grass and ?

the fact that it remains in humans and can be removed without a problem is yet another sign that we are not "? 's special creation" though

you are "special" tho

your father should have told you...... this not a man(n)
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    i dont think i can embed this vid, so here it is: http://videosift.com/video/Richard-Dawkins-Demonstrates-Laryngeal-Nerve-of-the-Giraffe

warning: graphic visual depictions of a giraffe's guts

summary: mammals have a nerve that runs from the brain, down the neck, around the heart, and back up to the larynx. for no good reason. if a designer put this there, it was a mistake. if evolution put it there, it makes perfect sense, since evolution doesn't have a long-term plan.

so anyway, as usual, ? doesn't exist.

So scientists have found something that they don't really understand or no the purpose of and that automatically proves that mankind wasn't designed. I sure hope the scientists who are studying this employ better logic than you or else their work is in trouble.
  • louis the great
    edited June 2010
    Gotta be a Baptist...

LOL I dont even attend Church broseph.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited June 2010
    So scientists have found something that they don't really understand

no

they understand it perfectly

the nerve is a product of evolution and not design

deal with it
  • independentsoundlab
    independentsoundlab Members Posts: 351
    edited June 2010
    If not with ? why in ? would I care abt you or anything you Stand for! Go suck on Satans ? ? !

? .. told you.. LMAOO
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010

Are you not your brother keeper?
  • melanated khemist
    melanated khemist Members Posts: 608 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    no

they understand it perfectly

the nerve is a product of evolution and not design

deal with it

lol at scientists understanding anything perfectly. And your reaching, nerves or a product of CONscious evolution. All mass is conscious of itself SUN
  • louis the great
    edited June 2010
    Are you not your brother keeper?

Not when ur brother is in total denial of his salvation. He can keep his ass wit Satan and every other Demonic manifestation on this planet. The time is upon us to call these decievers and infiltrators who are against Christ out! Either you are with the Rightoues or You are with Satan! Let it be known!
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Not when ur brother is in total denial of his salvation. He can keep his ass wit Satan and every other Demonic manifestation on this planet. The time is upon us to call these decievers and infiltrators who are against Christ out! Either you are with the Rightoues or You are with Satan! Let it be known!

Have you no compassion?
  • theillestrator
    theillestrator Members Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited June 2010

i, for one, am not with either.
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    this doesnt disprove ? in any way............
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    TX_Made713 wrote: »

I was thinking the same thing...LOL @ the circular reasoning "scientists dont understand it because its a product of evolution". Evolution is a theory, by its nature not fully understood or in would be incontrovertible fact. Some form of evolution is possible but Darwinian evolution is full of holes. Scientific and religious dogmatists have no ? idea whats going on. Everybody is guessing on most ? they argue over.
  • The True Flesh
    The True Flesh Members Posts: 466 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Either somebody hacked his account or KTULU had a lobotomy during the time he was away from the IC.......

'Cause this is one of the laziest lowest impact "? doesn't exsist" threads I've ever seen from him (or anybody for that matter)

*epic fail*

PEACE
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    judahxulu wrote: »
    I was thinking the same thing...LOL @ the circular reasoning "scientists dont understand it because its a product of evolution". Evolution is a theory, by its nature not fully understood or in would be incontrovertible fact. Some form of evolution is possible but Darwinian evolution is full of holes. Scientific and religious dogmatists have no ? idea whats going on. Everybody is guessing on most ? they argue over.

lol scientist at least use theories and experiments to try to understand

religious dogmatist just go off of "word" of mouth (or book).
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited June 2010
    TX_Made713 wrote: »

it proves mammals are not intelligently designed

thats the point here, obviously
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited June 2010
    judahxulu wrote: »
    Evolution is a theory,
    evolution is an observed verified fact

and also a theory

the fact is made available through observation and experimentation

the theory is the explanation of how the observed facts actually work

for the millionth time, the word "theory" in the context of science does not mean "guess." it means a set of explanations for observed phenomena. evolution is one such phenomenon.

Darwinian evolution is full of holes.
    Post some, please.
  • oliverlang
    oliverlang Members Posts: 593
    edited June 2010
    I wonder why if ? is supposed to be an all loving and caring ? , why do some animals have to survive by killing others? ? enjoys suffering and death I suppose. If he was really an all loving and caring ? he would have designed animals with the ability to not ? in order to live. If you designed something, wouldn't you want to make it as perfect as possible? And if YOU are in fact perfect, is it even an option to make something that is imperfect? There are many examples that show the imperfection of animals.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010

You seem too smart a guy to believe in that Christian ? . You really think the Bible is a book to be taken seriously? It supports genocide and slavery, ? that book.....you should know better than to support a disgusting book like that. Do some research on it and you will see for yourself.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    oliverlang wrote: »
    I wonder why if ? is supposed to be an all loving and caring ? , why do some animals have to survive by killing others? ? enjoys suffering and death I suppose. If he was really an all loving and caring ? he would have designed animals with the ability to not ? in order to live. If you designed something, wouldn't you want to make it as perfect as possible? And if YOU are in fact perfect, is it even an option to make something that is imperfect? There are many examples that show the imperfection of animals.

I've always wondered this too. ? , as I have always thought, seems to enjoy watching others being eaten and killed. There's no other way around it. The ? we have is obviously a being with perhaps much good, but just as much evil.