the essence weekly mix #2

Options
renagade410,
renagade410, Members Posts: 669
edited July 2010 in The Essence
alright ladies n gents(well really just gents i dont think i seen any ladies post) heres a mix i made bout a week ago on a rainy day.....i tried to keep the artist fairly recent but 2 tracks are before 2000

its a jazzy mix to begin and then...well you'll see how it plays out after u listen some who have been in the essence before the upgrades may reconize two of the tracks from previous playlist of the month

feel free to drop your thoughts and tell me what you think

(sorry no cover art...or title for that matter lol)

the tracklist is as follows

1)intro-perquiste

2)I am hip hop-jazz liberators f/asheru

3)the pressure-presto f/raashan ahmad

4)check me out-vakill

5)cool down-jazz liberators f/raashan ahmad

6)say jazzy-jazz addix

7)incistroduction-prince ali& incise

8)elephant juice-cilvaringz

9)leaving-diverse

10)serpent and the rainbow-vakill

11)first person-cyne

12)the nosebleed section-hilltop hoods

13)we likes to party-terra firma

14)classic rock-giant panda

15)love hurts-little vic

16)starlite-panacea

17)thats reality-jazz liberatorz

18)monotony-tonedeff

19)u let me grow-emc

20)length of the blade-knonam

im sure alot of you heard of majority of these artist but i could only work with what was on my laptop.....my next mix will have under under ground artist

heres the link

http://www.mediafire.com/?tnny20jawym

Comments

• RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    PROPS!!

Thanks a lot renegade, looking forward to hearing this! Will be at the weekend though, but I'll definitely be back with my thoughts!

Some excellent choices there and an amazing last track to cap it all off, some nice choices and some I've not heard of... so a good mix!

lol @ no album artwork or title or ladies for that matter lol
  • ninjasenses
    ninjasenses Members Posts: 157
    edited June 2010
    Options
    thanks dude!!! love anything involving jazz, ill give this a listen after kenna's...i got a mix im gonna upload too...but im holding off til prob next week so we dont get a music overload
  • RuffDraft
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Just about to give this a listen...

I've already checked out half of the mix but whilst writing reports, tonight I'm free to just sit back and play the music, so I'm looking forward to it :tu
  • RuffDraft
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Going to give this one more listen so that i've listened three times too. Have to say it's a great mix, like the change between old essence favourites and new tracks... I ended up drifting in and out of sleep last night with this on. Great listen.
  • renagade410,
    renagade410, Members Posts: 669
    edited June 2010
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Going to give this one more listen so that i've listened three times too. Have to say it's a great mix, like the change between old essence favourites and new tracks... I ended up drifting in and out of sleep last night with this on. Great listen.

that was my intent lol i made it on a rainy day then the sun came out so it switches from making you sleeply to a lil bit uptempo then to jus chillz lol if i had had my external hard drive i wouldve really done some damage lol had to work with what i had

i put some old essence favorites on there for the new ppl who never got a chance to enjoy them

thanks for the listen
  • RuffDraft
    edited June 2010
    Options
    that was my intent lol i made it on a rainy day then the sun came out so it switches from making you sleeply to a lil bit uptempo then to jus chillz lol if i had had my external hard drive i wouldve really done some damage lol had to work with what i had

i put some old essence favorites on there for the new ppl who never got a chance to enjoy them

thanks for the listen

haha good shout!

Yeah, I like that, a really good introduction, definitely a golden mix for someone who hasn't heard any essence previous stuff.

And I wouldn't have fallen asleep if I hadn't been living on 4 hours sleep each night for the week haha I love the chilled tracks, was great to see EMC on one of them as well.

Going to give this another listen monday night and then I'll drop a track by track review as you did!
  • ninjasenses
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Ill finally be giving this a listen this week...cant wait!!
  • ninjasenses
    edited June 2010
    Options
    very nice mix man...im a huge fan of jazz influenced hiphop so this will be a keeper a for sure. Good to hear some old tracks thrown in the mix too. Ive only gotten through it once so far but many listens are sure to ensue this week...
  • RuffDraft
    edited July 2010
    Options

1)intro-perquiste - Nice chilled out start

2)I am hip hop-jazz liberators f/asheru Great track, one of my favourites from Jazz Liberators, nice choice.

3)the pressure-presto f/raashan ahmad - Great track, another than I've already heard, but the production is top notch and they carry the track well.

4)check me out-vakill - Picked up Vakill's - Worst Fears Confirmed. Have to say as much as I enjoyed it, I didn't get it like others did. Thought the production was slack. But this track is really nice and is making me want to go back and make sure I haven't missed anything with a young ear. Nice track, love the production.

5)cool down-jazz liberators f/raashan ahmad - Another nice one, can't go wrong with Jazz libs really.

6)say jazzy-jazz addix Perfect hook on this one which gives it more heavy rotation, another nice track.

7)incistroduction-prince ali& incise From one of my favourite mixtapes ever - I Miss 1994! The drums on this are just incredible. An old favourite.

8)elephant juice-cilvaringz I like the hook on this, but wasn't really the sound that I'm into, nevertheless a nice track with some good quotables.

9)leaving-diverse Nice track, but not as good as the others. I've got a few of Diverse's albums, can't say they've ever had me going back... but then I have too much music so it needs to standout for that to happen. Nevertheless, this one has nice production and soothing sounds.

10)serpent and the rainbow-vakil One of my favourites of the whole mix, the sample 'BABY!' and everything about this track is niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!!!! Great track. l

11)first person-cyne - One of CYNE's greatest ever tracks, I listened to this along with Evolution Fight for a whole summer at University, really takes me back.

12)the nosebleed section-hilltop hoods One of my old contributions, great track I discovered through a friend who visited Australia. The video is sick! Great sample, great addition to the playlist :tu

13)we likes to party-terra firma - La Di Da Di... I like the sample of Slick Rick. Nice track, but not as good as the others... It's a shame, but I can't take Australian voices on rap records too much.... that said they have nice flows... I just can imagine them on an episode of Neighbours or Home and Away hahaha

14)classic rock-giant panda - Nice Giant Panda track, I've heard a lot about Giant Panda... but confess I've never really listened. Anything I should check out?

15)love hurts-little vic - Another great sample and nice storytrack. Impressive.

16)starlite-panacea - One of my favourite tracks of the playlist, have to say that it ends with great strength.

17)thats reality-jazz liberatorz - Another Jazz Libs :tu

18)monotony-tonedeff - As a big Tonedeff fan - especially Porcelain, it was great to hear a track from him that I hadn't already. Great track! Just wishin upon his album with Kno... taking forever.

19)u let me grow-emc - Heartfelt track, rightfully placed at the end... nice.

20)length of the blade-knonam - Great track, one of my favourites from last year :tu

im sure alot of you heard of majority of these artist but i could only work with what was on my laptop.....my next mix will have under under ground artist

heres the link

All in all a great playlist. Thanks for putting it together! :tu
  • beats&rhymes
    beats&rhymes Members Posts: 195
    edited July 2010
    Options
    alright ladies n gents(well really just gents i dont think i seen any ladies post) heres a mix i made bout a week ago on a rainy day.....i tried to keep the artist fairly recent but 2 tracks are before 2000

its a jazzy mix to begin and then...well you'll see how it plays out after u listen some who have been in the essence before the upgrades may reconize two of the tracks from previous playlist of the month

feel free to drop your thoughts and tell me what you think

(sorry no cover art...or title for that matter lol)

the tracklist is as follows

1)intro-perquiste

2)I am hip hop-jazz liberators f/asheru

3)the pressure-presto f/raashan ahmad

4)check me out-vakill

5)cool down-jazz liberators f/raashan ahmad

6)say jazzy-jazz addix

7)incistroduction-prince ali& incise

8)elephant juice-cilvaringz

9)leaving-diverse

10)serpent and the rainbow-vakill

11)first person-cyne

12)the nosebleed section-hilltop hoods

13)we likes to party-terra firma

14)classic rock-giant panda

15)love hurts-little vic

16)starlite-panacea

17)thats reality-jazz liberatorz

18)monotony-tonedeff

19)u let me grow-emc

20)length of the blade-knonam

heres the link

Downloading now, will listen to during the week. Two dope Vakill tunes in there I see, damn Vakill is slept on, dude is dope!! Thanks for the mix.