Too many female friends

bknugga
bknugga Members Posts: 107
edited July 2010 in The Powder Room
Would you be upset or suspicious if the majority of your dude's friends happen to be female? I mean, as far as you can tell, he's not hitting these chicks, but besides a very small group of his boys, he knows a lot of females. they may hang out from time to time, but never too late and no other indications of anything but being platonic...

Would insecurities pop up? How would you handle it?

Comments

• the_underground
    the_underground Members Posts: 1,561 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Nah. I have a few close guy friends, so it wouldn't matter. Used to trip off stuff like that, but I think it's petty.
  • Blue Virgo
    Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    I'd probably have an issue with this simply because I'm territorial.
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    blue virgo wrote: »
    I'd probably have an issue with this simply because I'm territorial.

and you should be because chances are he has ? or will ? one of them. its just a fact, you know how many of my girl "friends" done got smashed? I am the same way, I aint buyin that friend ? . Call it jealous or whatever (even tho that doesnt fall under the definition of jealousy) but when u in a relationship there are lines that must be drawn.
  • the_underground
    edited June 2010
    and you should be because chances are he has ? or will ? one of them. its just a fact, you know how many of my girl "friends" done got smashed? I am the same way, I aint buyin that friend ? . Call it jealous or whatever (even tho that doesnt fall under the definition of jealousy) but when u in a relationship there are lines that must be drawn.

Come on, dude. It is possible for a man and a woman to not have ? who happen to be close.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    not realistic for a man to have that many female "friends"

after a certain point a female friend just means a chick he hasn't smashed, used to smash back in the day, or wouldn't ever smash unless he was ? but he didn't want to hurt the female's feelings

/former dude who used to keep a lot of female "friends" back in the day LOL
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    After seeing all these movies where the one true love was the "friend", I'm not fallin for the okie doke.

j/k. ;)
  • the_underground
    edited June 2010
    not realistic for a man to have that many female "friends"

after a certain point a female friend just means a chick he hasn't smashed, used to smash back in the day, or wouldn't ever smash unless he was ? but he didn't want to hurt the female's feelings

/former dude who used to keep a lot of female "friends" back in the day LOL

You mean all my close male friends wanna smash?

Take a look at my face. I wouldn't even smash myself.

I don't think so! :P
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010

all lies @ the bolded......trust your male friends all want to smash no doubt

of course tho, it's either they want to smash, or you just might be that cool to where they give you the attention cause your personality is that much of an asset to them(or you got a crazy connect for something they want like weed LOL)

but trust if you throw it, your male friend will be quick to catch the ? like an all-star

but for some reason none of ya'll ladies want to believe the truth LOL
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Come on, dude. It is possible for a man and a woman to not have ? who happen to be close.

yeah just like its possible that the world could end in 2012. Not likely but possible. Those guy friends you have believe it or not would and want to ? whether its on some relationship type ? or a ? ? . Alot of dudes look at it like "? is ? ." Which I dont completely agree with but it is what it is.
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    The only male friends a female has is:

1. A male that doesn't find her attractive (and even then homie aint gonna be hanging out with u like that if he think u ugly)

2. Yall childhood friends

3. He your friend so he can holla at her girlsfriends

4. Yall ? and still cool

? dudes dont count
  • Goldust
    Goldust Members Posts: 55
    edited June 2010
    I would assume he's a flaming faggoteer.

But to tell you the truth I wouldn't know anything about that cause a ? knows she gotta be down for that action when in the presence of The Golden One.
  • makaveli03
    makaveli03 Members Posts: 2,392
    edited June 2010
    attractive males and females cannot be friends I dont care how long they known each other
  • makaveli03
    makaveli03 Members Posts: 2,392
    edited June 2010
    close friends I mean
  • sdrawkcabseh
    sdrawkcabseh Members Posts: 1,237 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    shadb33 wrote: »
    The only male friends a female has is:

1. A male that doesn't find her attractive (and even then homie aint gonna be hanging out with u like that if he think u ugly)

2. Yall childhood friends

3. He your friend so he can holla at her girlsfriends

4. Yall ? and still cool

? dudes dont count

Co-sign. Even in that area, women don't treat their male friends like they treat their female friends. Example, if a female hangs out with her homegirl, and they go out and eat, both of them are going to reach into their purse and pay. If a male friend hangs with out with a female friend, that female friend is going to expect the man to pay, even though she has money. Most females keep male friends around because they are convenient simps that will be simp enough to put in all of the work for a relationship, but will never see any of the benefit......................................................
  • Sourpatch Kid
    Sourpatch Kid Members Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010

Words of wisdom: People gravitate more towards confidence over looks.
  • Sourpatch Kid
    edited June 2010
    Co-sign. Even in that area, women don't treat their male friends like they treat their female friends. Example, if a female hangs out with her homegirl, and they go out and eat, both of them are going to reach into their purse and pay. If a male friend hangs with out with a female friend, that female friend is going to expect the man to pay, even though she has money. Most females keep male friends around because they are convenient simps that will be simp enough to put in all of the work for a relationship, but will never see any of the benefit......................................................
    I'm gonna have to disagree, the female friends that I have either have paid for me sometimes or we paid for our own stuff. I had a friend that use to buy me cologne, she was mad cool but on small occasions, I helped her out.
  • akforty7
    akforty7 Members Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    the same way you'd feel if all her close friends were guys. it's uncomfortable. a few friends is cool but if most their friends are the opposite sex honestly i feel like thats weird... why dont you have homeboys like everyone else? are you ? ? or ? them? which one? lol
  • sdrawkcabseh
    edited June 2010
    I'm gonna have to disagree, the female friends that I have either have paid for me sometimes or we paid for our own stuff. I had a friend that use to buy me cologne, she was mad cool but on small occasions, I helped her out.

Sourpatch, what's good homie? Lol. Yeah, there are exceptions, your friends understand the concept of reciprocity/ true friendship. Honestly, it's something that's rare in most relationships these days, whether male or female, friendships, or workplace colleague/associates. A lot of people don't understand that friendship= loyalty/being down for the cause of someone else. It's wierd, but I always tell people, whenever me and my best friend kick it, that he's a mirror of me, and I am of him. He's my closest friend( we've been friends for twelve years now), and I'm thankful for our friendship, you don't get many close allies like that these days. But yeah, reciprocity is the key to any relationship. If someone can go out of their way to please you, you can go out of your way to please them...........................................................................................
  • Sourpatch Kid
    edited June 2010
    Sourpatch, what's good homie? Lol. Yeah, there are exceptions, your friends understand the concept of reciprocity/ true friendship. Honestly, it's something that's rare in most relationships these days, whether male or female, friendships, or workplace colleague/associates. A lot of people don't understand that friendship= loyalty/being down for the cause of someone else. It's wierd, but I always tell people, whenever me and my best friend kick it, that he's a mirror of me, and I am of him. He's my closest friend( we've been friends for twelve years now), and I'm thankful for our friendship, you don't get many close allies like that these days. But yeah, reciprocity is the key to any relationship. If someone can go out of their way to please you, you can go out of your way to please them...........................................................................................
    Exactly, I'd pay for a chick out of the kindness of my heart and our friendship/relationship has nothing to do with money but if her M.O. is for me to pay for her like I'm a bird ? , I'd give her the "b*tch please" look. I don't have any birds for friends though, I mean if I want a bird, I'd go buy one from the petstore.
  • sdrawkcabseh
    edited June 2010
    Exactly, I'd pay for a chick out of the kindness of my heart and our friendship/relationship has nothing to do with money but if her M.O. is for me to pay for her like I'm a bird ? , I'd give her the "b*tch please" look. I don't have any birds for friends though, I mean if I want a bird, I'd go buy one from the petstore.

Truth...................................................
  • jek
    jek Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    I got alotta female friends before I got my girl and those friends I wasn't ? so it's possible to be platonic. In fact the female friends use to help me get action when we went to the clubs cuz I walked in there lookin like a big ol ? with like 5 girls. When I walk in there wit 5 othere dudes I got shown no love whatsoever. Girls see you wit other girls whether you ? or not... seem like they get competative or something so every girl I didn't show up wit wanted to be around me or something.
  • Citi
    Citi Members Posts: 2
    edited June 2010
    jek wrote: »
    I got alotta female friends before I got my girl and those friends I wasn't ? so it's possible to be platonic. In fact the female friends use to help me get action when we went to the clubs cuz I walked in there lookin like a big ol ? with like 5 girls. When I walk in there wit 5 othere dudes I got shown no love whatsoever. Girls see you wit other girls whether you ? or not... seem like they get competative or something so every girl I didn't show up wit wanted to be around me or something.

I would. They're unnecessary. If your my man you need to cut them off. But not before that. Only when you decide to be my man.
  • jek
    jek Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Citi wrote: »
    I would. They're unnecessary. If your my man you need to cut them off. But not before that. Only when you decide to be my man.

my girl wasnt a fan of one of them but she's friends with the other ones since she found out they mad cool.
  • Tupacfan
    Tupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
    edited July 2010
    My best friend is actually a guy, been best friends for like 15 years and still going strong..

If I had a s/o I wouldn't even trip off his female freinds either.. Matter of fact my previous relationship they had female friends now if its my friends associating with my s/o (if I had one) I def be concious..
  • alfie70roy
    alfie70roy Members Posts: 1
    edited July 2010
    Rather than approaching females to start a relationship and subsequently backing into the friendship option as a last resort, why not attempt to make a friend first. I am referring to the HB8's, 9's and 10's that you obviously have little in common with. Where on paper, there may be a conflict of interest and/or a lack of derived chemistry between the two of you.

plumbing Atlanta GA