The Instruction of Amenemope

bambu
bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Several biblical scholars believe that the level of understanding in the Hebrew texts is too spiritual or “enlightened” to have originated in Africa, but the Instruction of Amenemopet provides a clue to how African literature influenced the world. The Instruction was composed during the Ramesside Period, when the tribes of Israel became a unified nation. Arguments vary on the level of influence on the Hebrew Bible, but dating has shown that Amenemope was composed centuries prior to The Book of Proverbs...

Some Egyptologists believe that the instructions were a Egyptian school book that made its way into the hands of a Hebrew scribe, while Hebrew scholars have suggested that the Amenemope was copied from Proverbs regardless of the dating that shows the opposite.

Exhibit C:
(Amenemope, House. 10)
Do not make friends with the hot-headed man, Nor approach him for conversation;
Do not leap to cleave to that one, Lest a terror carry you away.
(Proverbs 22:24-25)
Do not associate yourself with an angry man, Nor go in company with a wrathful man,
Lest you learn his ways, And catch a snare for your soul.

(Amenemope, ch. 7):"Toil not after riches; If stolen goods are brought to thee, they remain not over night with thee. They have made themselves wings like geese. And have flown into the heavens."
(Proverbs 23:4-5):"Toil not to become rich, And cease from dishonest gain; For wealth maketh to itself wings, Like an eagle that flieth heavenwards"

(Amenemope, ch. 21):"Empty not thine inmost soul to everyone, nor spoil (thereby) thine influence"
(Proverbs 14:7):"Speak not in the hearing of a fool, for he will despise the wisdom of thy words"

(Amenemope, House. 2):"Beware of robbing the poor, and oppressing the afflicted."
(Proverbs 22:22):"Rob not the poor, for he is poor, neither oppress (or crush) the lowly in the gate."

(Amenemope, ch. 1):"Give thine ears, hear the words that are said, give thine heart to interpret them."
(Proverbs 23:12):"Apply thine heart unto instruction and thine ears to the words of knowledge"

https://mywebspace.wisc.edu/jrblack/web/Diss/4HebrewBible.pdf
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amenemopet_Instructions

Comments

• beenwize
    beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    bambu wrote: »
    Glad to see you getting your ? together son, there may be hope for you yet....

With that being said it appears that there is a consensus regarding these texts.

This is highly laughable considering how I already proved you WRONG when you stated that the all seeing eye was not ALSO known as the "Eye of Ra" symbolically for the sun. You stated the eye was ONLY called the "Eye' of Horus" when I stated to you it was referred to by BOTH names... You need to get yo facts togetha and ? .
    The burden of proof is on you to provide evidence that the symbol how you described it is attributed to Ra instead of Horus.
    I have acknowledged that it was referred to as the eye of Ra, but it was not a symbol attributed to the sun ? .
    It is mistakenly called the all seeing eye of Ra by those ignorant of ancient Egyptian gods and goddesses.

http://www.maat.sofiatopia.org/eyes.htm

the Eye is a cosmogonic goddess, symbol of reunification and divine kingship : this is the Single Eye of the Supreme, Self-created High ? of before creation, namely Atum. This Eye is also called the "Eye of Re" and the "Eye of Horus" (the Elder), associated with the right hand side, the summer and the Sun. Its mythical activity (like that of the autocreation of Atum and the family drama of Osiris) took place in the "first time", the so-called "zep tepy" ("zp tpy") or "Urzeit".

Its right (left) eye was associated with the Sun (Moon). The Solar Eye of Re (or Eye of Horus the Elder) referred to the Sole Eye Atum had transformed into the uraeus snake. This right Eye was the "white eye", associated with the cycle of the Sun (especially its zenith) and with the summer. It was this ever intact eye which was used in the Egyptian notation of measures of capacity :

http://www.th

epharaohs.net/

utchat.gif

The word utchat, sometimes spelled udjat, refers to Egypt's sacred eye symbol. The right eye is called the Eye of Ra, symbolizing the sun. The left is called the Eye of Thoth, symbolizing the moon. Both eyes together are the Two Eyes Of Horus The Elder. The eye is the part of the body able to perceive light, and is therefore the symbol for spiritual ability.

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_of_Horus

The Eye of Horus was an important symbol in ancient Egypt. It was the symbol of protection and Royal Power from Ra or Horus.
    Horus was an ancient Egyptian sky ? in the form of a falcon. The right eye represents a peregrine falcon's eye and the markings around it. This includes the "teardrop" marking sometimes found below the eye. As the wadjet (also udjat or utchat), it also represented the sun, and was associated with the Sun ? Ra (Re). The "mirror image", or left eye, represented the moon and the ? Tehuti (Thoth). [1]
  • bambu
    edited January 2012
    LOL...that's not what your mother said after I shot down in her face......
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    beenwize, you are a blithering idiot....

You could not prove me wrong because I mentioned the symbolic connection to the sun, which you still cannot comprehend. Since that time you were exposed for not reading your own material. I have peeped you game and its weak, piggybacking of the next mans statements to try to gain some respect or creditability. Anyone can tell you are full of ? , so fall back....you have already been grandson'ed in two other threads, don't make this the third lil' ? .

BEWARE OF THE PHARISEE'S!!!!!!!!!! SHALOM TO BROTHER BAMBU our Fathers Shem and Ham is brothers don't let these heathens tell you otherwise.

I have a feeling in years come, SOMETHING GOING TO LEAK OUT in egypt that will shows THAT WE ARE ON THE SAME PAGE but somehow doctrine got trampled and little brother is just continuing the duty of Yah
  • beenwize
    beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    beenwize wrote: »
    This is highly laughable considering how I already proved you WRONG when you stated that the all seeing eye was not ALSO known as the "Eye of Ra" symbolically for the sun. You stated the eye was ONLY called the "Eye' of Horus" when I stated to you it was referred to by BOTH names... You need to get yo facts togetha and ? .

http://www.maat.sofiatopia.org/eyes.htm

the Eye is a cosmogonic goddess, symbol of reunification and divine kingship : this is the Single Eye of the Supreme, Self-created High ? of before creation, namely Atum. This Eye is also called the "Eye of Re" and the "Eye of Horus" (the Elder), associated with the right hand side, the summer and the Sun. Its mythical activity (like that of the autocreation of Atum and the family drama of Osiris) took place in the "first time", the so-called "zep tepy" ("zp tpy") or "Urzeit".

Its right (left) eye was associated with the Sun (Moon). The Solar Eye of Re (or Eye of Horus the Elder) referred to the Sole Eye Atum had transformed into the uraeus snake. This right Eye was the "white eye", associated with the cycle of the Sun (especially its zenith) and with the summer. It was this ever intact eye which was used in the Egyptian notation of measures of capacity :

http://www.th

epharaohs.net/

utchat.gif

The word utchat, sometimes spelled udjat, refers to Egypt's sacred eye symbol. The right eye is called the Eye of Ra, symbolizing the sun. The left is called the Eye of Thoth, symbolizing the moon. Both eyes together are the Two Eyes Of Horus The Elder. The eye is the part of the body able to perceive light, and is therefore the symbol for spiritual ability.

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_of_Horus

The Eye of Horus was an important symbol in ancient Egypt. It was the symbol of protection and Royal Power from Ra or Horus.
    Horus was an ancient Egyptian sky ? in the form of a falcon. The right eye represents a peregrine falcon's eye and the markings around it. This includes the "teardrop" marking sometimes found below the eye. As the wadjet (also udjat or utchat), it also represented the sun, and was associated with the Sun ? Ra (Re). The "mirror image", or left eye, represented the moon and the ? Tehuti (Thoth). [1]

Lol @ ? .... :)
  • bambu
    edited January 2012
    Peace waterproof.... Thanks for pulling me back brother
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    beenwize, you are a blithering idiot....

You could not prove me wrong because I mentioned the symbolic connection to the sun, which you still cannot comprehend. Since that time you were exposed for not reading your own material. I have peeped you game and its weak, piggybacking of the next mans statements to try to gain some respect or creditability. Anyone can tell you are full of ? , so fall back....you have already been grandson'ed in two other threads, don't make this the third lil' ? .

THAT'S HIM BROTHER BAMBU, THAT'S HIM..........BEWARE OF THE PHARISEE he piggy's back and do not read, his cred is shot to hell. try to push the nag hammadi and other fake doctrine not knowing the father of it all is Simon the Sorcerer. then he try to take over like he know about your culture of the nile valley