Call of Duty Won't Move

joshuaboy
joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2010 in IllGaming
Activision isn't planning to implement motion controls to the industry's most popular franchise.

In an interview with IGN, COO Thomas Tippl explains the company isn't looking to add Kinect and Move controls to all of its franchises. Only where it makes sense.

"I think you've got to recognize the Kinect and Move technologies work for some gaming experience better than others," he said. "I don't think it is smart to force fit them into a 60 frames-per-second twitch game like Call of Duty."

"We always start not with the technology, but with the consumer. What does the gamer really want to get the best possible entertainment experience out of it," he added. "And for some games, it opens up new ways to innovate."

Tippl wouldn't comment on what types of motion games they'll be bringing to the market. The publisher has not announced any Move or Kinect-based titles. He did hint the Tony Hawk series could include motion support, however.

"If you look at our portfolio, for Tony Hawk and some of our other games, maybe our fishing games, it's a great opportunity," Tippl added. "For some games, it's not such a great fit. I don't think you should expect us, nor do our consumers expect us to integrate everything into every game."

Activision is also taking a wait a see approach to the new devices from Sony and Microsoft.

"As they establish an install base, this will become interesting for some of our franchises," he added.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1101895p1.html

Comments