The Official Drake vs. Common Thread

Options
Kame
Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in The Face Off Forum

40 tweeted this, not on some twitter beef ? just on some real ?

OVO40 Noah Shebib
@common, I remember being called a ? in grade 9 cause I had your cd. Good thing I also had 456 by kool g rap on me. Now that's real ;)
2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Edit......

QtipTheAbstract QTip

@OVO40 all good. #respect
39 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

OVO40 Noah Shebib

@QtipTheAbstract, never! Common is in my top 5 always has been. Hes also been brave enough to be different. I respect that as well. #irony

posted in response to this

QtipTheAbstract QTip
Ayo @OVO40 please don't suggest that @common aint hiphop. #keepitfunny. #nodissrespect

Comments

• Kame
    edited December 2011
    Options
    OVO40 Noah Shebib
    After "one day it'll all make sense" came out I spent months arguing weather or not @common was hip hop. Everyone was saying it was too rnb.
    1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply
  • DatNiggaB1
    DatNiggaB1 Members Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Drake aint gonna say ? .........apart from 'old rappers are mad'...........
  • Kame
    edited December 2011
    Options
    People about to act in here before drake, common was the original lightskin, niceguy rapper. No matter what he actually did, that's what he was known for
  • dizzmatic89
    dizzmatic89 Members Posts: 721
    edited December 2011
    Options
    OVO40 Noah Shebib
    After "one day it'll all make sense" came out I spent months arguing weather or not @common was hip hop. Everyone was saying it was too rnb.
    1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Exactly my point. Which is why it doesn't make any sense that Common is dissing him
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    People about to act in here before drake, common was the original lightskin, niceguy rapper. No matter what he actually did, that's what he was known for

Common was never anything like Drake.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    great now one of our most respected rappers is in a twitter beef with the rappers producer. not even the rapper yet but the producer. and as much as i love Common wasn't he and drake just at the same venue? why air it out on radio and twitter days later when you were just in the man's vicinity. Same ? i put rick Ross on blast for I gotta put common on blast for.

i can't stand when ? be faking but i do understand this ? is all entertainment.
  • Kame
    edited December 2011
    Options
    40 a loyal dude...... good for him
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    why didn't he just say this from the start?
  • Kame
    edited December 2011
    Options
    $pyda wrote: »

The original niceguy rapper, the respect females rapper, yeah he was
    at least that was what he was known for, he's even made fun of it on skits and songs, a bunch of times
  • beerisgood4ya
    beerisgood4ya Members Posts: 2,566
    edited December 2011
    Options
    in before...."leave flake alone(tears), old ? hating, let flake get money, common must be promoting his new album" posts......
  • dizzmatic89
    edited December 2011
    Options

? ....
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    great now one of our most respected rappers is in a twitter beef with the rappers producer. not even the rapper yet but the producer. and as much as i love Common wasn't he and drake just at the same venue? why air it out on radio and twitter days later when you were just in the man's vicinity. Same ? i put rick Ross on blast for I gotta put common on blast for.

i can't stand when ? be faking but i do understand this ? is all entertainment.

Exactly. ? is dealing with emotions like ? .
  • dizzmatic89
    edited December 2011
    Options
    in before...."leave flake alone(tears), old ? hating, let flake get money, common must be promoting his new album" posts......

In before...Common is a real ? , those love songs he made are ok because he's real, ? in the street have always bumped Common like it was all good, with no qualms about it whatsoever
  • IceBergTaylor
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The original niceguy rapper, the respect females rapper, yeah he was
    at least that was what he was known for, he's even made fun of it on skits and songs, a bunch of times

He wasnt singin rapper like Drake. It doesnt matter if he was a nice guy rapper who respect females lol.
  • Kame
    edited December 2011
    Options
    sboogie wrote: »
    thats stupid as ? ...

compared to what drake does maybe, but it did have that same influence..
    its obvious he's a fan though
  • IceBergTaylor
    edited December 2011
    Options
    ? ....

Find me a Common "Best I Ever Had"
    or "Cece's Interlude"

I'll wait........
  • DatNiggaB1
    DatNiggaB1 Members Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Someone please show me a song where Common sings.......like karoke or Marvins Room.........please, cause I missed it
  • Kame
    edited December 2011
    Options
    He wasnt singin rapper like Drake. It doesnt matter if he was a nice guy rapper who respect females lol.

lol yeah it does, drake is the irespectfemales rapper first, singing rapper second
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Common said the same thing a long time ago. There was a topic in here about it. Someone asked him if it was about Drake and he said it wasn't about any specific person, just the rappers nowadays in general so if you think it applies to a certain person then it probably does.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Have you ? listened to Commons early albums, you ? must be young if you think Common's a nice guy rapper. ? been talking about ? ? and the streets on Resurrection and so on.
  • dizzmatic89
    edited December 2011
    Options

So Drake can't be respected because he sings? What about Mos Def? Or the many others
  • Kame
    edited December 2011
    Options
    yall about to act like common hasn't made fun of his niceguy image repeatedly on skits and songs
    hell yeah drake is softer
    and common isnt soft
    but before drake, common had that image, whether he was it or not
  • dizzmatic89
    edited December 2011
    Options
    DatNiggaB1 wrote: »
    Someone please show me a song where Common sings.......like karoke or Marvins Room.........please, cause I missed it

What difference does it make if the content is the same?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    So Drake can't be respected because he sings? What about Mos Def? Or the many others

I don't think people have a problem with singing per se, it's how much he sings and he consistent ? simping. He is Ja Rule 2.0 imo.
  • Kame
    edited December 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Have you ? listened to Commons early albums, you ? must be young if you think Common's a nice guy rapper. ? been talking about ? ? and the streets on Resurrection and so on.

he was also talking bout respecting women and ? on electric circus and one day ill all make sense
    ive heard all his albums bruh, im a big fan
    don't play that young ? card