WWE Network Pushed Back Til Fall 2012

m. inferno
m. inferno Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in Off The Turn Buckle
Sources in WWE report that WWE will be pushing the Network debut back until the Fall of 2012.

The delay comes because WWE won’t have the infrastructure needed in place by April 1st when they wanted to launch with WrestleMania.

Officials didn’t want to push the debut back but they had to for the long term success of the Network.

Despite the delay, projects that were being produced will still go on as planned.

Comments

• nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Just from the horrible HS promo they run for it on Raw ? looks to be terrible...
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Ishi wrote: »
    How much extra will it cost?

I would guess between $7-10.

I think this network might not happen, they're also fearing it flopping. I read somewhere that the feedback wasn't all that great for the network.
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    They don't even have their heirachy set up for management, and they don't even know what programming to put on the network (even with hundreds of thousands of hours of wrestling programming).

they ? up with all the original programming they want to produce. they should have had an idea of at least 8 different original shows to produce before even announcing the network. Legends House.......?

All they have to fall back on is the libraries they've acquired, the 1 original show (Legends House), and their own produced movies, which we all know were all failures. If they could spare the change, go after the licenses of movies that had a wrestler in them like, The Princess Bride, No Holds Barred, one of those Critter movies where Undertaker was in it, ? like that, just to fill out their movie roster. But that's going to cost the network some $$ just to obtain the license.

They backed themselves into a corner by announcing the network before they even had a blueprint. The best thing they can do is hold their head up and back away until they figure out what the hell it is they want to accomplish and how they're going to go about putting together new programs.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Legends house smh that ? looks horrible...if they smart maybe they would produce 30 min or 1 hour shows star WWE Superstars and Divas.... be it comedy or action...
  • VIBE
    edited January 2012
    They should have a bio series, where they do bios on wrestlers and the companies (WWE, WCW, ECW)

They should also showcase Superstars and NXT. Also add in TE.

Maybe also do some "a day in the life of..."

Do some backstage ? ; interviews after matches, set up/clean up, prepping etc ..
  • VIBE
    edited January 2012
    Hell even do a "MTV cribs" version for wrestlers
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    I would guess between $7-10.

I think this network might not happen, they're also fearing it flopping. I read somewhere that the feedback wasn't all that great for the network.

.........................wow
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited January 2012
    Whoever remembers the mania of wrestlemania documentary they did around 2004. Well they need to do more stuff like that.
  • Indy8503 HD
    Indy8503 HD Members Posts: 554
    edited January 2012
    I still have WWE Classics, they should just keep that along with the network and charge one price for both. Like if you're subscribed to HBO u get HBO On Demand for free. They may start the network off with lots of classic events but as the original programming builds it'll just be re-runs of those shows and maybe a couple events or classic episodes a day.

I read it would be included in a sports entertainment package. I've got Comcast and have their Sports Entertainment package for NFL Red Zone and it includes 2 soccer channels, ESPN Classic, like 4 Fox College Sports channels, and a few more sports channels I never watch. It's $8 a month, the same price WWE Classics on Demand is.
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    The problem is that the people who are working on the wrestling shows are in charge of running network. They already burnt out doing the wrestling shows. They forced Vince's hand in at least putting out "legends house." My thing is, why put out a network full of old matches when you can easily watch them on youtube or buy them on Demand.
  • VIBE
    edited January 2012
    The sports pack it's in I already have, so how's that work?
  • Indy8503 HD
    Indy8503 HD Members Posts: 554
    edited January 2012
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    The sports pack it's in I already have, so how's that work?

You'll probably just have it day one and no additional charge.