The Prime Minister Members Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2010 in The Social Lounge
riot-at-un-conference.jpg

Comments

• Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Democrats wanted to extend it but Republicans filibustered. Tough Break Unemployed.
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    A lot of people are already kicked off of it. I predict it passes through some deal not too far from now. Even the Senate Republicans are gonna start feeling the heat from their constituents on this one.
  • independentsoundlab
    independentsoundlab Members Posts: 351
    edited June 2010
    Options
    well.. some people been under unemployment for nearly a year and half.. you telling me they havent found a job? in a year and a half though???
    ? are lunching and using this economy bs as an excuse..

most ? i know under unemployment make more money than most cats.. they being smart, ITS YOUR MONEY.. call it a vacation lol.. republicans are mad cuz your taking their vacation money..
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Republicans are evil but smart. Nobody will blame Congress they will blame Obama.

GOP = Greed over Principles as some congressman put it.
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Republicans are evil but smart. Nobody will blame Congress they will blame Obama.

GOP = Greed over Principles as some congressman put it.

Obama enables it. This has always been his problem. Should have been out there on the stump demanding the Republicans pass this. Of course, now that he's unpopular, it doesn't work that great, but when he first entered office, he could have done the same thing when Republicans AND members of his own party tried to undermine the stimulus. If he had public embarrassed them for dicking around during the economic meltdown, they would have been forced to fall into line and then the economy wouldn't be so ? today and he wouldn't be so unpopular. But no, Mr. Nice Guy Obama gave those rats what they wanted rather than have a fight with them.

I'm almost starting to buy into the "Teleprompter" ? from Republicans, cause it seems like Obama has no grasp of what it was that made America love him in 2008.
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    tough luck,ride had to end some time
  • renagade410,
    renagade410, Members Posts: 669
    edited June 2010
    Options
    all i know is they need to fix this ? NOW!!!!!
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    by next Thursday basically
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    shootemwon wrote: »
    Obama enables it. This has always been his problem. Should have been out there on the stump demanding the Republicans pass this. Of course, now that he's unpopular, it doesn't work that great, but when he first entered office, he could have done the same thing when Republicans AND members of his own party tried to undermine the stimulus. If he had public embarrassed them for dicking around during the economic meltdown, they would have been forced to fall into line and then the economy wouldn't be so ? today and he wouldn't be so unpopular. But no, Mr. Nice Guy Obama gave those rats what they wanted rather than have a fight with them.

I'm almost starting to buy into the "Teleprompter" ? from Republicans, cause it seems like Obama has no grasp of what it was that made America love him in 2008.

blah blah 60 senators
  • BethlehemBill
    BethlehemBill Members Posts: 140
    edited June 2010
    Options
    good. these people have been on UC far too long already. and you know what? i bet there is a mcdonalds in every single neighborhood that has people looking for work. whats that you say? you dont want to work at mcdonalds? oh ok, i get it. having no money is better than having some money if it means you have to take a job in fast food.

pathetic, theres no such thing as unemployment. if you dont have a job, your FULL TIME job is looking for a job. at least 8 hours a day spent sending resumes and going door to door at strip malls and corporate plazas and fast food restaraunts asking if theyre hiring. if you cant get a nice job with salary and benefits, then you take a ? job at mcdonalds in the mean time. and if you really dont want to work at mcds because you think its below you, then its not my responsibility to pay for you to sit on your ass
  • FrozenMind
    FrozenMind Members Posts: 1,078 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    good. these people have been on UC far too long already. and you know what? i bet there is a mcdonalds in every single neighborhood that has people looking for work. whats that you say? you dont want to work at mcdonalds? oh ok, i get it. having no money is better than having some money if it means you have to take a job in fast food.

pathetic, theres no such thing as unemployment. if you dont have a job, your FULL TIME job is looking for a job. at least 8 hours a day spent sending resumes and going door to door at strip malls and corporate plazas and fast food restaraunts asking if theyre hiring. if you cant get a nice job with salary and benefits, then you take a ? job at mcdonalds in the mean time. and if you really dont want to work at mcds because you think its below you, then its not my responsibility to pay for you to sit on your ass

theres former doctors working at mcdonalds right now. It's not just that easy for some people to get jobs. especially if you got a record or only a hs diploma, or no hs diploma.
    lots of people want to work at mickey ds but can't.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Im acually glad to see this. I know alot of people making only like 150 a week on unemployment and have been on it for over a year some over 2 years. They stay complaining about how the economy is so bad that their struggling to pay bills. Now some are crying about how they wont have no income after this month. I look in the paper and online and see hundreds of jobs hiring around here that pay decent. And hundreds more that pay low wages but its better than bein broke and will help you out until you get back to a nice job. Theyre always on some I aint washing dishes or I aint workin a cash register ish and always say dumb ? like meh them jobs dont pay no money anyway.... and? It aint like ? is signin up at McDonalds as a cook or janitor as a career option, its a steady income until you find something better, its about time most of these lazy ass people get back to work.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited June 2010
    Options
    FrozenMind wrote: »
    theres former doctors working at mcdonalds right now. It's not just that easy for some people to get jobs. especially if you got a record or only a hs diploma, or no hs diploma.

Who the ? cant get hired at a fast food joint? That's a felon/ dropout/ under 18 destination.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I know the economy is tought right now but there is no reason for no one who really want to work to be unemployed for a year and a half
  • BethlehemBill
    edited June 2010
    Options
    FrozenMind wrote: »

? , i had 2 different jobs when i was in high school - meaning i didnt even have a hs diploma yet. i'll give you that its harder to get a job with a record, but not having a high school diploma is not an excuse. you dont need to know geography and statistics to flip burgers. also, theres the internet, look around online. there are still newspapers in circulation that cost 50 cents a day. get one, and read the classified section. if you dont have internet access, go to a library, sign up for a library card, and use their internet. if you dont live near a library it might be harder. go to temp agencies. they always get requests for day to day, temporary, or seasonal manual labor jobs. its not pretty, its physical and demanding labor, but its a job. also, check out the state civil service. the only jobs obama knows how to create are government jobs. sign up and take the civil service exams, theyre free and they make it so no one can possibly fail.

everyone in america had the chance to sign up as a census worker. they make 14-22$/hr. its only a few months but would be more money than a UC check, and it could lead to more employment opportunities.

bottom line, if you havent even thought of the above options, then you arent trying enough. its much easier to collect a small paycheck from uncle sam and sit around and complain than it is to actually look for work. its hard to get a job, harder than its ever been since the great depression, but thats why its called WORK. its not called "SIT AROUND AND GET PAID". its about time we cut these people off and made them get their ? together plain and simple
  • BethlehemBill
    edited June 2010
    Options
    side note: notice that millions of illegal mexicans have no problem finding work in this country. oh wait, you dont want to flip burgers OR mow lawns.... thats right, no money is always better than some money if it has to be earned. pathetic.

and i dont mean it as a personal attack against you, just frustrated with the mindset in this country that people who dont work expect the rest of us to pay for them. i had to work my ass off just to get my job so i could KEEP WORKING. and im grateful for the job i have. it didnt come easy and i already see enough of my paycheck get taken away. i support unemployment benefits for up to 6 months. ? happens and you get laid off. but the day after you get laid off you should be back on your grind looking for another job. enough is enough
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    shidd if i was unemployed i'd be be going door to door around my neighborhood, askin if anybody needed their car washed/lawn mowed. Like bill said i rather have some money than no money... and you know in this heat people don't really feel like gettin out cleanin up their cars or doing yard work anyway.
  • Funky Dr
    Funky Dr Banned Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    anduin wrote: »
    tough luck,ride had to end some time

? outta here with that "free ride" ? , my best friend was finally able to go to college since they fired him from his job
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    word, people are becoming far too dependant on it. I've come across dozens of people who turned down full time jobs b/c theywould make less than their unemployment
  • dirty pigeon
    dirty pigeon Members Posts: 33
    edited June 2010
    Options
    well.. some people been under unemployment for nearly a year and half.. you telling me they havent found a job? in a year and a half though???
    ? are lunching and using this economy bs as an excuse..

most ? i know under unemployment make more money than most cats.. they being smart, ITS YOUR MONEY.. call it a vacation lol.. republicans are mad cuz your taking their vacation money..

I know way to many people that these statements apply too...
  • FrozenMind
    FrozenMind Members Posts: 1,078 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ? , i had 2 different jobs when i was in high school - meaning i didnt even have a hs diploma yet. i'll give you that its harder to get a job with a record, but not having a high school diploma is not an excuse. you dont need to know geography and statistics to flip burgers. also, theres the internet, look around online. there are still newspapers in circulation that cost 50 cents a day. get one, and read the classified section. if you dont have internet access, go to a library, sign up for a library card, and use their internet. if you dont live near a library it might be harder. go to temp agencies. they always get requests for day to day, temporary, or seasonal manual labor jobs. its not pretty, its physical and demanding labor, but its a job. also, check out the state civil service. the only jobs obama knows how to create are government jobs. sign up and take the civil service exams, theyre free and they make it so no one can possibly fail.

everyone in america had the chance to sign up as a census worker. they make 14-22$/hr. its only a few months but would be more money than a UC check, and it could lead to more employment opportunities.

bottom line, if you havent even thought of the above options, then you arent trying enough. its much easier to collect a small paycheck from uncle sam and sit around and complain than it is to actually look for work. its hard to get a job, harder than its ever been since the great depression, but thats why its called WORK. its not called "SIT AROUND AND GET PAID". its about time we cut these people off and made them get their ? together plain and simple

First bold, duh... you were in HS, probably before the recession and employers love to hire HS kids. Its much easier to get a job in HS than it is out of HS without a diploma.

As for the 2nd bold, no, not everyone had an opportunity to get hired by them, if that was true they would have 300 million openings, one for every US citizen.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    word, people are becoming far too dependant on it. I've come across dozens of people who turned down full time jobs b/c theywould make less than their unemployment

Change that ? avi man!!!!! Are you trying to make fun of someone's personal problem?? You're a sick ? . Seriously, you got serious problems.

Anyway, thank the Republicans for this thing. Many Americans do want to look for work, but the sad thing is that there isn't enough jobs out there. Too many people and businesses are in debt, so few people want to hire now. I'm blessed to have a decent job, but I will never judge anyone who has a hard time finding work. This economy is much worse than what people think, damn the Republicans for allowing so many people who need help to be on their own now. We have money for wars and nation building, but none for our own people, PATHETIC.
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Finding a job is easy.

Finding a GOOD job that pays a decent wage is extremely difficult.

A lot of you are ignoring this fact.
  • The Prime Minister
    The Prime Minister Members Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I will say this ONE MORE TIME, you can't support yourself on min. wage. Labor activist have been complaining about this for 40 years.

Also, if you live in a state with a gang of Mexicans, it's practically impossible to get a job working fast food. Why?

Because the only people who can survive on min. wage live in households with 20 other muthafuckas in a room, and they protect what little they have.

Last time I was in McDonalds I saw an employee on her break eating cup o noodles. McDonalds employees don't even make enough to eat at McDonalds. SMH

FOH trying to tell a grown ass man to work for below subsistence wages.

Only people living with their parents will say ? like that.
  • babyfakmageeaxs
    babyfakmageeaxs Members Posts: 297
    edited June 2010
    Options
    man ? that! those idiots in the gov brought this on themselves. this country is doing to the dumps because of Unemployment, medicare, welfare, and other programs designed to help lazy ? . What happened to survival of the fittest? oh i get it the fittest have to help the losers who cant get off their ? and do something bout their situation.