1.2 Million Americans To Lose Unemployment By End Of The Month

Options

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    man ? that! those idiots in the gov brought this on themselves. this country is doing to the dumps because of Unemployment, medicare, welfare, and other programs designed to help lazy ? . What happened to survival of the fittest? oh i get it the fittest have to help the losers who cant get off their ? and do something bout their situation.

Lazy??? There are millions of people out there who used to be working long and hard hours, only to be laid off because some company decided to ship jobs off to China or India. Survival of the fittest is a real concept, but to call people who need help lazy is crazy. Why are we paying taxes than? To give us a security net just in case things get bad for us some day. Medicare is not for lazy ? either, it's for people who need the help. You sound might judgemental, I hope you don't lose your job or a leg someday......those same social services you look so down upon may help you out some day. Maybe sooner than you think.
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Finding a job is easy.

Finding a GOOD job that pays a decent wage is extremely difficult.

A lot of you are ignoring this fact.

Since when is finding a job in this economy easy? LOL.....if it was so easy, there wouldn't be millions of people out of work now, especially teenagers. The unemployment rate amongst teenagers is at a record high of about 30% now. Young adults in their 20s have an unemployment rate of about 25%, that's high. Things are worst than we think, some economists think we're in the beginning stages of a depression now....? is not sweet out here.

http://caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com/2010/06/28/is-u-s-entering-a-depression/?hpt=T2
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I will say this ONE MORE TIME, you can't support yourself on min. wage. Labor activist have been complaining about this for 40 years.

Also, if you live in a state with a gang of Mexicans, it's practically impossible to get a job working fast food. Why?

Because the only people who can survive on min. wage live in households with 20 other muthafuckas in a room, and they protect what little they have.

Last time I was in McDonalds I saw an employee on her break eating cup o noodles. McDonalds employees don't even make enough to eat at McDonalds. SMH

FOH trying to tell a grown ass man to work for below subsistence wages.

Only people living with their parents will say ? like that.

Workin at McDonalds makin 200 a week >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Makin 230 every 2 weeks on unemployment
    that's the point, people are living on unemployment ? because the benefits are being stopped and they wont have money. They can go find a 7.50-8.00/HR Job making more they are just lazy ? .
  • Tommy Billfiger
    Tommy Billfiger Banned Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yo I dont post in Social lounge cuz I aint no geek but this thread just shows how outta touch some of u are

I got my rent,car note,car insurance,etc,etc Now tell me how I'm supposed to pay these bills makin some 9.00 an hour come on man get yo head out the clouds

I wish I would work just to have a job and still struggle to pay my bills.It's easier said than done

If u some ? who still wit ya moms or grandparents then sure u can work at wal mart but Im grown wal mart aint cuttin it for me

I also know people wit degress who are currently workin at Cvs and walgreens its hard to get a gig period
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yo I dont post in Social lounge cuz I aint no geek but this thread just shows how outta touch some of u are

I got my rent,car note,car insurance,etc,etc Now tell me how I'm supposed to pay these bills makin some 9.00 an hour come on man get yo head out the clouds

I wish I would work just to have a job and still struggle to pay my bills.It's easier said than done

If u some ? who still wit ya moms or grandparents then sure u can work at wal mart but Im grown wal mart aint cuttin it for me

I also know people wit degress who are currently workin at Cvs and walgreens its hard to get a gig period

It aint about the job, its about being on unemployment, which you make nothing from, and ? because theyre ending it and you cant pay your bills.

If you cant afford to pay your costs of life on 9/hr, you sure as ? wasnt payin em with that unemployment check either.
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited June 2010
    Options
    It aint about the job, its about being on unemployment, which you make nothing from, and ? because theyre ending it and you cant pay your bills.

If you cant afford to pay your costs of life on 9/hr, you sure as ? wasnt payin em with that unemployment check either.

My unemployment check is more than some people get paid at they gigs I pay all my bills wit my check and have supplemental income to trick wit I'm good Im speakin to people wit the arrogant attitudes towards people without jobs

I been lookin for work but illinois is top 5-10 unemployment states in america.It aint easy doggie.Highest gas,highest taxes you need dough to make it
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Get rid of the car and car insurance and take a bus for one. Secondly, get a second job. I did it for a while. Sucks not to have weekends but its doable.

Get rid of my car? I'm literally a few months away from payin it off it dont work that way buddy.Da ? ?

Whats next get rid of my apt move in wit moms? Come on man.
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Life isn't fair and finding a "Good job" is extremely subjective. I've seen people who got laid off from their 60K jobs turn down 35-40k jobs because they are not willing to take the pay decrease while continue to mooch of taxpayer's money. People are way too spoiled...

Depends on what your philosophy is...

For every person doing that, there are tons more who would be dying to work a 35-40 K job. Sure, some people are spoiled, but with 15 million people out of work, I doubt that most of them are spoiled. I live in the Bronx, and best believe the broke dudes I see in the block would ? a ? for a 35 K job.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited June 2010
    Options
    My unemployment check is more than some people get paid at they gigs I pay all my bills wit my check and have supplemental income to trick wit I'm good Im speakin to people wit the arrogant attitudes towards people without jobs

I been lookin for work but illinois is top 5-10 unemployment states in america.It aint easy doggie.Highest gas,highest taxes you need dough to make it

You was makin 13 an hour ? , your unemployment check is not bringin in more now that 9 dollars an hour would
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Beggers can't be choosers.....

but damn 1.2 million is alot of damn people.....I'm thankful every morning to wake up and be able to go to work even thought I can't stand alot of people at my job lol
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited June 2010
    Options
    You got to do what you got to do. What would you do if unemployment wasn't there? You surely wouldn't let yourself starve would you? Again its doable. You just don't want to get rid of your car, not that its an impossibility and a lot of time when people are forced to make sacrifices and realize they can't have everything they want it comes do to "I don't want to".

I'm not hating on your situation however I don't feel that some great injustice is being done if we severely reduced welfare programs like unemployement..

So basically get rid of a car that I have paid a few G's wit interest,payments and repairs.The same car that will help me Get to a job if I do get one.Nah

Ya'll aint realistic.You're talking down on the unemployed when some people cant find work period they are Educated,experienced,no records,Master degree's etc

You was makin 13 an hour ? , your unemployment check is not bringin in more now that 9 dollars an hour would

Aiiight I tried to be sensible wit this but u have no idea what u talkin bout.We just gonna leave it at that
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2010
    Options
    So basically get rid of a car that I have paid a few G's wit interest,payments and repairs.The same car that will help me Get to a job if I do get one.Nah

Ya'll aint realistic.You're talking down on the unemployed when some people cant find work period they are Educated,experienced,no records,Master degree's etc

Aiiight I tried to be sensible wit this but u have no idea what u talkin bout.We just gonna leave it at that

Yeah I'm surprised at how judgemental so many people are here....this economy is ? UP. Many of us here are doing well, if not great, but when so many college grads are out there and still can't find good work, something is seriously wrong. The American Dream is fading fast before our very eyes, and unless the govt starts investing money here in the USA instead of hopeless wars overseas (among other things), nothing is gonna change.

Actually, it's really only going to get worse, as the debt we have in this nation is only going to get worse. Social Security is in deep trouble, and so is Medicaid and a whole host of other social services......jobs are nice and all, but their fragile. Hospitals, schools, and even police stations are laying off people. If our social institutions break down, than what hope do we have in our future?

No one should be judging MOST of the unemployed.....they want to work, just like everyone else. Their not lazy ? for the most part. Nobody sells ? and ? for fun......well, most people don't.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited June 2010
    Options

Your unemployment dont pay you close per week that you were making. My moms went on to unemployment, she was making about 350 a week, now she gets 137 a week in unemployment. ? acting like he went from makin 13/hr at a job to gettin close to that on unemployment.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yeah I'm surprised at how judgemental so many people are here....this economy is ? UP. Many of us here are doing well, if not great, but when so many college grads are out there and still can't find good work, something is seriously wrong. The American Dream is fading fast before our very eyes, and unless the govt starts investing money here in the USA instead of hopeless wars overseas (among other things), nothing is gonna change.

Actually, it's really only going to get worse, as the debt we have in this nation is only going to get worse. Social Security is in deep trouble, and so is Medicaid and a whole host of other social services......jobs are nice and all, but their fragile. Hospitals, schools, and even police stations are laying off people. If our social institutions break down, than what hope do we have in our future?

No one should be judging MOST of the unemployed.....they want to work, just like everyone else. Their not lazy ? for the most part. Nobody sells ? and ? for fun......well, most people don't.

Im not talkin about finding work, i know its hard. Especially finding a good paying job what im saying is people on unemployment are making less than minimum wage in most cases yet complaining about not being able to pay bills when its gone when there are jobs paying low wages hiring that will provide more cash than your unemployment was.

I don't see where people can defend people who are like

"I make 250 every 2 weeks on unemployment, if they cut if cant pay my bills, im not working at Mcdonalds full time and making close to 500 per week cause it wont pay the bills" So your 250 was payin the bills the but double that wouldnt? Them ? are just lazy and dont think their complaints through.
  • Funky Dr
    Funky Dr Banned Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Change that ? avi man!!!!! Are you trying to make fun of someone's personal problem?? You're a sick ? . Seriously, you got serious problems.

Matt is a racist socio path. He's just gonna keep doing it to get under people's skin.
  • Funky Dr
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Lazy??? There are millions of people out there who used to be working long and hard hours, only to be laid off because some company decided to ship jobs off to China or India. Survival of the fittest is a real concept, but to call people who need help lazy is crazy. Why are we paying taxes than? To give us a security net just in case things get bad for us some day. Medicare is not for lazy ? either, it's for people who need the help. You sound might judgemental, I hope you don't lose your job or a leg someday......those same social services you look so down upon may help you out some day. Maybe sooner than you think.

Either babyfakmagee is white, or he's a Republican. He's just getting at you with that typical white republican ? .
  • Funky Dr
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Life isn't fair and finding a "Good job" is extremely subjective. I've seen people who got laid off from their 60K jobs turn down 35-40k jobs because they are not willing to take the pay decrease while continue to mooch of taxpayer's money. People are way too spoiled...

Depends on what your philosophy is...

you're probably talking about those panzy ass rich people who don't know how to live below what they are used to. I seen a story where a muh ? CONSTRUCTION FOREMAN got laid off and ended up homeless in the streets with his son in the middle of Buffalo, and he graduated from the same college the MAYOR of Buffalo graduated from in the same YEAR!
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options

ya'll are sleepin on this right here......this ain't Europe, u need a car to get to work if ur job isn't in the Big City.
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Damn, why be mad at someone who collects unemployment? Your hard earned tax dollars have done worse I'm sure...
  • CollegeBoi12
    CollegeBoi12 Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Damn, why be mad at someone who collects unemployment? Your hard earned tax dollars have done worse I'm sure...

Agreed
    Especially when you have people who collect welfare checks their whole lives
  • weezyfgarbage
    weezyfgarbage Members Posts: 1,673
    edited June 2010
    Options
    FrozenMind wrote: »
    theres former doctors working at mcdonalds right now. It's not just that easy for some people to get jobs. especially if you got a record or only a hs diploma, or no hs diploma.
    lots of people want to work at mickey ds but can't.

WTF? Sorry I do not believe this ? . Nobody with an MD from a USMLE-licensed med school is even thinking about mcdonald's. For one, there is a such thing as being overqualified. Number two...medicine is the most stable/reliable profession. ? an economy nh, if there's people getting sick, hurt, or dying then there are jobs in the field...C'MON SON!
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Funky Dr wrote: »
    you're probably talking about those panzy ass rich people who don't know how to live below what they are used to. I seen a story where a muh ? CONSTRUCTION FOREMAN got laid off and ended up homeless in the streets with his son in the middle of Buffalo, and he graduated from the same college the MAYOR of Buffalo graduated from in the same YEAR!

Eaxctly, things are getting better for some people (I currently have two job offers, one I have an interview for tomorrow), but too many people are falling through the cracks. Help is needed, and these SCUMBAG Republicans are out there withholding checks to people who often desperately need it. When homes are foreclosed on, car payments are paused, and families are homeless on the streets, Republicans still won't care. Isn't it funny as ? Republicans have a platform of "America First" yet have no problems putting Americans out on the street?
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Im not talkin about finding work, i know its hard. Especially finding a good paying job what im saying is people on unemployment are making less than minimum wage in most cases yet complaining about not being able to pay bills when its gone when there are jobs paying low wages hiring that will provide more cash than your unemployment was.

I don't see where people can defend people who are like

"I make 250 every 2 weeks on unemployment, if they cut if cant pay my bills, im not working at Mcdonalds full time and making close to 500 per week cause it wont pay the bills" So your 250 was payin the bills the but double that wouldnt? Them ? are just lazy and dont think their complaints through.

Oh of course, people like that are ? , but I'm sure most people getting unemployment aren't that stupid. Based on the fact that there are 6 people applying for every job created, people are trying to work out there. Instead of cutting unemployment to lower the deficit, military spending should be cut down dramatically. Maybe than we could spend more money on citizens instead of wars we like losing all the time.

After all, capitalism is a risky system....money should be saved in cases when it doesn't go right.
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    how can america spend billions a year to keep a war going but not unemployment?

you can keep crimes and death going but not help people getting monies they deserved
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    When this ? in Afghanistan and Iraq is over, the military will PURGE a lot of their jobs. They did it in the mid 90's after the gulf war; it'll be done again.

Mark my words.

And I sort of think that there should be a stopping point. 2 years without finding a job? Get the ? out of here lol.

If the gov't PROMISED to pay people unemployment through notification letters, etc. They should be held liable for that though. Otherwise, ? em.