1.2 Million Americans To Lose Unemployment By End Of The Month

13»

Comments

• The Prime Minister
    The Prime Minister Members Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    NCswag wrote: »
    When this ? in Afghanistan and Iraq is over, the military will PURGE a lot of their jobs. They did it in the mid 90's after the gulf war; it'll be done again.

Mark my words.

And I sort of think that there should be a stopping point. 2 years without finding a job? Get the ? out of here lol.

If the gov't PROMISED to pay people unemployment through notification letters, etc. They should be held liable for that though. Otherwise, ? em.

When I was an undergrad I had a history professor who had been in Viet Nam. So one day he was talking about the unforeseen consequences of war.

Namely, that you get thousands of people cycling back into society who can't find jobs, and the primary job skill they do have is killing people.

What do you think they're gonna do?

Also, as far as people who been without work for a year+, it's because you only have a finite amount of time to make some income happen before your life falls apart.

When that happens you're stuck.
  • goat334
    goat334 Members Posts: 3,604 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    I like to see some of ya'll lose your job right now, and see how easy it is.......
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    goat334 wrote: »
    I like to see some of ya'll lose your job right now, and see how easy it is.......

Cuz I would find soomething to do bein unemployed for that long is unacceptable...special if you're raising a family.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    goat334 wrote: »

Exactly, people acting like the ecomony is doing great and their are jobs everywhere. There is 1 job for every 6 American's, you do the math with over 15 Million unemployed. Most of those are minority males (Black and Hispanic). The fact we can spend Billions on wars, bailouts for banks and other B.S. and not unemployment "INSURANCE", that's the key word. It's insurance that paid into by employers and employees incase they lose their jobs. So what if it's 1 year or 2 years, people paid into the fund and it's obvious the job situation is horrible right now. I know I worked my job for 5 years and paid a lot into the unemployment fund. When my company went out of business that ish came in handy. I was able to find a job for less pay but it did take a year. Why shouldn't I have gotten unemployment when I paid into it?. Most people on unemployment paid into the system for years yet people are posting like these are just some lazy people getting walfare doing nothing. Also even getting "Fast Food" jobs isn't easy cause they don't hire "Over-qualified" workers.

Again the Market is a mess so for these rich ass politicans to go on 4th of July holiday when millions of Americans again mostly minorites needed that unemployment extension was shameful. SMH @ anyone judging the unemployed right now as if the Ecomony is great, sorry this isn't the 90's when Clinton created over 20 Million jobs. This is the blowback from the Bush Years when he got the country with a surplus and in peace only to ruin it. Again how can anyone say "No more unemployment' yet not say nothing as our Tax Dollars continue to go for 2 Pointless and Useless Wars, Wallstreet Bailouts and Bank Bailouts. So it's ok for all those rich ? 's to get bailed out but ? forbid we bailout the unemployed who have families who most of that money goes back into the economy through them buying food, paying rent. SMH @ some people in this post. Of course the Republicans blocked then, they've always proved to only care about the upperclass rich folks. I'm mad at the Democrats for letting it get this far, that ? should of been approved weeks ago but now that there's heat on the issue it's finally going to get approved. The House already approved unemployment extension now it's up to the Senete.