Superman vs. The Hulk

Lou Cypher
Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in Quite Comical
Green Hulk. Bruce Banner. My roomates and i got ? and got into an argument about who would win, and it lasted for ever. who do you think would win between the two?

Comments

• Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    That WWH ? made that ? invincible.Anyone can put me on the other colored hulk.
  • Lou Cypher
    edited January 2012
    ? Supes. are you saying a discussion was held or a comic was actually done?
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    ? Supes. are you saying a discussion was held or a comic was actually done?

Comic. It was done way back in the day, though.

When I get on my laptop later tonight, I'll see if I can up some scans.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    That WWH ? made that ? invincible.Anyone can put me on the other colored hulk.

• DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Technically the comic doesn't count. It was fan voted and out of continuity. Similar comics(maybe the same one) had Aquaman beat Namor, Storm beat Wonder Woman, Spiderman beat Superboy, and Wolverine beat Lobo(who's nearly equal to superman).

Now on topic, it depends which version is used. Hulk has a good chance since Supes is never serious and the longer Hulk fights, the angrier he gets and the stronger, faster, more durable,etc. he gets. Certain Hulks can punch through dimensions and ? as can certain Supermans.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    two horrible characters, ? got some of the worst writing
  • lion_heart
    lion_heart Members Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    two horrible characters, ? got some of the worst writing

Have you been reading the new Hulk? It's been pretty good so far.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Superman

Cuz superman is superman all the time

The hulk is Bruce Banner most of the day.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Superman and it's no contest

and Christopher Reeves Superman will just turn back time and give Banner's moms an abortion.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    I'd say 50/50 on this one..either can win depending on the circumstances
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited January 2012
    can hulk breath in space?

i like hulk and he might be stronger than supes but supes just has to much ? can fly,heat vision etc
  • Lou Cypher
    edited January 2012
    Yeah i figured if superman was a super ? he would just take hulk to space and suffocate him. but by then hulk would be so enraged hed break free and fall back to earth. theres just so many possibilities for the outcome of a super hero fight that i dont think anyone should argue about it lol. we were ? and it was gettin heated there for a sec, i was about to hulk smash the superman lovers face in.
  • jaxn
    edited January 2012
    the Hulk can breathe in space though. His body adapts to his environment at times. That's the thing about the Hulk, depending on his anger level, he can go from slugging it out with Supes to mopping the floor with him. Over the last few years, the Hulk's power level has skyrocketed to the point where he's mopped the floor with top tier characters with casual ease..Superman's best chance of victory is to take him out quickly like in that fan voted Marvel vs DC book, otherwise it can turn into the Hulk's favor. The way Thor's fights go with Hulk when he's not using his hammer would be similar to how it'd be for Superman...similar, not the same..Granted Superman is more powerful now than he was during his first fight with Doomsday, but the Hulk during that time was more powerful than that Doomsday and you saw what happened to Superman (not counting the new DC reboot..their power levels are still being shown at this point)
  • jaxn
    edited January 2012
    Yeah i figured if superman was a super ? he would just take hulk to space and suffocate him. but by then hulk would be so enraged hed break free and fall back to earth. theres just so many possibilities for the outcome of a super hero fight that i dont think anyone should argue about it lol. we were ? and it was gettin heated there for a sec, i was about to hulk smash the superman lovers face in.
    hahahaha liquor and hero fights can lead to heated conversations
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    DarkRaiden wrote: »
    Technically the comic doesn't count. It was fan voted and out of continuity. Similar comics(maybe the same one) had Aquaman beat Namor, Storm beat Wonder Woman, Spiderman beat Superboy, and Wolverine beat Lobo(who's nearly equal to superman).

Now on topic, it depends which version is used. Hulk has a good chance since Supes is never serious and the longer Hulk fights, the angrier he gets and the stronger, faster, more durable,etc. he gets. Certain Hulks can punch through dimensions and ? as can certain Supermans.

that ? was dumb as hell I remember that ish.
    aquaman is in noway ? with namor
    storm cant beat wonder woman in any sort of physical battle(and i prefer storm as a character)
    spidreman my ? but superboy is mini superman obviously, p.parker aint ? with that, silver surfer would smash him though.
    and logan beatin lobo just shows the ? realllly made no sense.
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Yo, didn't they make TWO comics where Superman fought the Hulk? I know the DC vs Marvel fan vote based comic came out in the 1990s. But, I swear another one came out in the late 70s/early 80s.
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    I havent read any of their stuff in ages, but I remember hulk being ? after WWH. Did they retcon that ? ?
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012

Hulk can breathe in space, Hulk can basically do anything when hes angry enough
  • Grahf
    Grahf Members Posts: 344 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Yo, didn't they make TWO comics where Superman fought the Hulk? I know the DC vs Marvel fan vote based comic came out in the 1990s. But, I swear another one came out in the late 70s/early 80s.

There were more than one instance in which they fought
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited January 2012
    I remember a comic where hulk was punching the ? out of superman but superman was just standing there like it was nothing, hulks punches werent even moving him
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    gns wrote: »
    that ? was dumb as hell I remember that ish.
    aquaman is in noway ? with namor
    storm cant beat wonder woman in any sort of physical battle(and i prefer storm as a character)
    spidreman my ? but superboy is mini superman obviously, p.parker aint ? with that, silver surfer would smash him though.
    and logan beatin lobo just shows the ? realllly made no sense.

I am pretty sure Storm is capable of beating of WonderWoman, her powers are pretty dope. Of course Wonderwoman is physically stronger.

Superboy would mash Parker physically, again though, SuperBoy is a bit of a ? .

And Wolverine could do anything honestly. He doesn't usually have an advantage but unless you vaporize the dude, he has a chance to win
  • TruRoux
    TruRoux Members Posts: 3
    edited January 2012
    Theoretically Hulk should win. Like mentioned, WWH put him on top of the Marvel Ranks, and I dont know if Kal could take out the entire 616 roster. Superboy Prime on the other hand.....he would be willing to do whats necessary......attempt to ? .
  • TruRoux
    TruRoux Members Posts: 3
    edited January 2012
    Hulk can breathe in space, Hulk can basically do anything when hes angry enough

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    They are both ? . Marvel should have cast me.
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Bruh, your argument is stupid. Why can't Storm flash freeze WW and be done with it...

LOBO is an overrated ? ...he couldn't ? with Supes. YOu're hyping..get the ? outta here...LOBO is strong and he has crazy healing factor...neither of these boys are going to die...I see no way that you can rule out a chance for Wolvie to win

Because she's the speed of a human, Wonder Woman is the speed of damn near light. When Storm is thinking of her offense, Wonder Woman is knocking her head off.

And Lobo has and does ? with Superman. IN fact he's stronger than Wonder WOman IIRC, and WOlverine would be dismembered and thus lose the fight. Captain AMerica, Spiderman, Cyclops not even using his powers, X-23, etc. All of these much weaker than Lobo beings have beaten Wolverine without much difficulty. Lobo will ? him up.