Releasing March 6 2012

street-fighter-x-tekken-20110901092127191.jpg

Newest Trailer

Comments

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Yoshinori Ono went on Twitter today and made a short comment about the character announcements for next week.

We'll be announcement about New Characters in next week! If you might like these, so Go Pre-order!! ;D

He then linked this image which you can clearly see Juri's hand and hair. If you look closely you can see that this is Juri's artwork from Super Street Fighter 4.

11_onoshowsjuri.jpg

11_jurithumbt.jpg
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited January 2012
    Options
    The ? happened to the other thread?
  • imm0rt4l
    imm0rt4l Members Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    All the threads on the first page of every forum got deleted 2 days ago for some reason.
  • Bcotton5
    edited January 2012
    Options
    lol @ easy input gem
  • Bcotton5
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Updated: More than 4 characters will be revealed on January 17, 2012 for Street Fighter X Tekken, Yoshinori Ono confirmed this afternoon. He also gave a time frame of when users can expect the official announcements.

Earlier, Ono locked down a specific date for new character announcements in SFxT via Twitter.

You confirm 4 characters in Jan. 17th? — Joe_Flex

Ono: More!! I'll be make preparation it !! ;D

Is the announcement on the 17th for Japan time or worldwide? — TheCaz

Ono: We'll be post it to Media after 17th 8 a.m. (PST) ;D

We'll be release about new characters for Street Fighter X Tekken on January 17!! I'll make preparation [for] it now. ;D

Previously M. Bison and Ling Xiaoyu were leaked for the game. Also, Ono has been hinting at Juri a lot on Twitter as of late.

Yoshinori Ono went on Twitter today and made a comment about how someone saved his tweet picture upload showing off Ling Xiaoyu's feet in a mirror match.

X,Xia,Xiaoyu? ;P Btw,thx for saving! RT @CleaRcardaci:Now that I know Xiaoyu is in, I'm saving up to get SFXTK!

14_onotweet.jpg

Click images for larger versions
    You can check out the previous story where Ling and M.Bison were leaked to get some portraits.

Ono also confirmed that there will be 4 or more characters revealed on January 17th. This is thought to be matched up from the teasers shown several months ago.
  • Gnawledgeable
    Gnawledgeable Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    This will probably be the only game I get in 2012. I'm not that excited over games period any more but this one I really am.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    wish it was setup like tekken instead of a traditional street fighter
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    freehuey89 wrote: »

A Namco version is in the early stages of development.
  • Bcotton5
    edited January 2012
    Options

Tekken X Street Fighter is being made its more like Tekken
  • huey
    edited January 2012
    Options
  • Bcotton5
    edited January 2012
    Options
    This will probably be the only game I get in 2012. I'm not that excited over games period any more but this one I really am.

lol I just preordered the Collectors Edition, Im a sucker for that ? the little arcade machine looks cool

STXTK_PS3_Beautyshot2va_JS.JPG
  • Bcotton5
    edited January 2012
    Options
    excellent.

lol they hardly even started on it though, since the Tekken team is making Tekken Tag 2 right now

Last I heard they said it might be a Playstation 4 game
  • get1cuz
    get1cuz Members Posts: 58
    edited January 2012
    Options
    814.jpg

Street Fighter and Tekken, while both fighting games, are very different on a number of levels. One fairly simple difference is the abundance of projectile attacks in Street Fighter, whereas Tekken generally lacks them. Tekken meanwhile isn't 2D, which means you could potentially sidestep an incoming fireball or Hadouken.

These issues present a variety of challenges for both Capcom and Namco Bandai with their respective crossovers. In the case of Tekken X Street Fighter, Tekken director Katsuhiro Harada still isn't sure about how the issue of fireballs will be handled.

"Obviously, the Street Fighter characters will have to have their fireballs," he told PlayStation Blog at the EVO fighting game tournament this past weekend. "Ryu without a fireball just wouldn't be... right. Obviously we'll need it. When you look at executing a fireball in a 2D setting, it works almost like a jab. It keeps your opponent where you want them."

As Harada sees it, there are two different ways to handle them in Tekken X SF: "It could be used as something similar to keep your opponent in the place you want, or it could be some kind of a special move or powered-up version of their techniques."

[video]www.ign.com/videos/2011/07/21/comic-con-2011-ono-harada-hilarious[/video]

Whichever way is the right choice, that decision has yet to be made. The issue of avoiding fireballs is another thing Namco Bandai will have to think long and hard about.

"When you play a 2D game like Street Fighter, you obviously can't go back and forth in the screen -- you usually jump over it," Harada said. "But in three-dimensional fighting games like Tekken you can sidestep. So do we want players to jump over fireballs? Or is it okay to sidestep them? That's something we're not decided on, we haven't had enough time to look into it. We have a lot of staff, myself included, who grew up liking Street Fighter. I'm really confident that we can come to a good balance between the two worlds."

If this talk is starting to worry you, keep in mind Tekken X Street Fighter is further off than Street Fighter X Tekken. Harada recently described it as being "at zero percent," so there's more than enough time for these issues and others to be pondered.

If you were in charge, what would your solution for fireballs in a Tekken game be?

http://www.1up.com/news/tekken-x-street-fighter-doesnt-know-how-handle-fireballs
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    As previously promised by producer Yoshinori Ono, Capcom has released a couple of new trailers for Street Fighter X Tekken showing off new characters. Crossing the line to join the fray are M. Bison, Jin Kazama, Ling Xiaoyu, Balrog, Vega, Paul Phoenix and Marshall Law. In addition to those, there’s also a hint of possible appearances by Pac-Man and what seems to be “Bad Box Art” Mega Man.
  • Bcotton5
    edited January 2012
    Options
    New trailer is godlike, Megaman and Pacman are Vita exclusive supposedly

17_megapachin.jpg
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Tekken X Street Fighter is being made its more like Tekken

That ? is at least a year from dropping though right?
  • Bcotton5
    edited January 2012
    Options
    That ? is at least a year from dropping though right?

Yea they didnt even start on it and they wont until after Tekken Tag 2 is done
  • Bcotton5
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Akuma and Ogre spotted in the trailer, they prolly the boss fight

17_sfxtshadow02t.jpg

17_sfxtshadow01t.jpg
  • Bcotton5
    edited January 2012
    Options
    lol I just preordered the Collectors Edition, Im a sucker for that ? the little arcade machine looks cool

STXTK_PS3_Beautyshot2va_JS.JPG

Street Fighter X Tekken pre-order bonuses, special editions listed
    Posted by Dreamking23 on Jan. 16, 2012 at 7:47 p.m.
    Street Fighter X Tekken pre-order bonuses, special editions listed If you are looking to pre-order the upcoming crossover fighter, Street Fighter X Tekken, this list of bonuses should prove helpful.

For players planning to purchase the game in North America you can snag one of the following gem packs from these different websites.

Note that the bonuses for North America and some parts of Europe are the same. Hit the jump to check out the listing.

U.S.
    Amazon - Iron Curtain Gem Pack. Includes 9 gems focused on increasing the player's defense.

Gamestop - World Warrior Gem Pack. Includes 9 gems focused on raising the player's attack.

Best Buy - Lightning Legs Gem Pack. Includes 9 gems focused on boosting your Speed.

There is also a Street Fighter X Tekken Special Edition listed on Amazon.com which includes the Cross Arts Gem Pack. This pack contains 9 gems that will help the player build Cross Gauge faster. The Special Edition is priced at $69.96. GameStop has a similar listing.

Australia
    JB Hi Fi is offering the standard edition of the game along with a 60cm x 90cm wall scroll featuring Ryu and Kazuya Mishima priced at $89.

EB Games has an exclusive special edition bundle. This includes a DIY 5" arcade cabinet, a prequel comic book by UDON and 45 in-game gems. The 45 gems are made up of the 4 gem packs previously mentioned and the King of the Iron Fist Gem Pack which is exclusive to this bundle. This will run buyers roughly $128.

Game shoppers can pick up the standard edition of the game bundled with a Kazuya Mishima and Ken T-shirt for $98.

Japan
    The Japanese Collector's Edition is packed with a two disc, 46 song soundtrack, and a 44 page artbook called Character Art Collection. Also, if you buy the game from Capcom's e-Capcom online retailer, you'll get a tabletop calendar that also functions as a move list. The standard edition of SFxT will be priced at ¥6,090 ($78 USD) in Japan. The Collectors Edition is priced ¥8,300 ($106 USD).
  • imm0rt4l
    imm0rt4l Members Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    waiting to see a dudley trailer.
  • intalect
    intalect Members Posts: 674 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    ? im hype will playin sc5 to hold me over until this comes out
  • get1cuz
    get1cuz Members Posts: 58
    edited January 2012
    Options
    imm0rt4l wrote: »
    waiting to see a dudley trailer.

nahhh can't see them wanting dudley in,
    how many characters have we got up to now?
  • huey
    edited January 2012
    Options
    hope they have bryan fury
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Paul in this ? ? Oh ? !
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited January 2012
    Options
    How much does that Collector's Edition go for, B?