Street Fighter X Tekken

Options

Comments

• imm0rt4l
    imm0rt4l Members Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Real talk, I've gone from indifferent to this game to being really hyped for it. I'm just mad they haven't announced dudley yet, I'm hoping he's not DLC.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yoshinori Ono Tweets – Street Fighter X Tekken Roster Not Finalized, More Reveals Still Rumored to Come!
    by MyLifeIsAnRPG on February 15th, 2012 at 12:46 pm

In a strange turn of events, Yoshinori Ono himself has said that there are still more characters to be revealed in Street Fighter X Tekken’s roster. When asked on twitter if character reveals were “over”, Ono replied “No one is saying ‘it’s over’”.

To back him up the Street Fighter twitter supposedly also posted this tweet:
    @WhyDoPeopleThink #SFXTK’s roster is finalized?! It’s not! #moretocome #newnew #FIGHT!”

This was linked off of a thread on NeoGAF but now it appears the tweet in question is surprisingly non-existent. All of this news comes as quite a surprise considering that Capcom itself said that these characters would make up the final roster of the game.

Who are we supposed to believe here? Was the Street Fighter tweet taken down? Do you think Ono was talking about DLC or hidden characters? Will we ever see the supposed “leaks” of Lei, Miguel, Alisa, Dudley, Elena, Cody, Guy, Leo, Christie, Bryan, Jack, ? , and more!?

Capture11.jpg
  • imm0rt4l
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS7R1-GzftM

Cross assault contestants

Bronson is going to take this free...
  • imm0rt4l
    edited February 2012
    Options
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How much does that Collector's Edition go for, B?

its only 10 buck more I preordered mine @ GS they gotta sweepstakes to win 1 of 2 X Tekken arcade machines worth 5,000 if you preprder with a power up card
  • Bcotton5
    edited February 2012
    Options
    lol I got 200 Yen in Cross Assualt, hes actually legit at SF, Bronson is good too

Nobody posted the new CGI trailer yet? Akuma about to wreck Ogre lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsBF-2Y8xFg

Story Preview LMAO @ Dan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueTm3SuvFHg
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    1. Ebay for the special special edition.
    2. Tekken tag 2 coming out first will be a godsend b4 we get tekken x sf if this means they add a tag mode to tekken x sf.
    3. DOA x Virtua Fighter anyone? No? How about Soul Caliber X Mortal Kombat?
  • Bcotton5
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Vita Street Fighter X Tekken due in fall 2012 with 12 new characters - Elena, Blanka, others confirmed

21_sfxtfallvita.jpg

AndriaSang.com reported that the PlayStation Vita version of Street Fighter X Tekken will be released during fall 2012 and will feature 12 new characters.

The PlayStation Vita version of Street Fighter X Tekken won't make it out alongside the PS3 and Xbox 360 version on March 8. Capcom said today that Vita owners will have to wait until Fall.

But Vita owners can look forward to some big bonuses. The Vita version will have twelve additional characters. The Street Fighter cast will be updated with Elena, Guy, Cody, Sakura, Dudley and Blanka. The Tekken side will be updated with Alisa, Christie, Jack, Bryan, Lars and Lei.

These are the same fighters that have been rumored to be in the console release of the game.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Posted by Catalyst on Feb. 21, 2012 at 10:34 a.m.
    Capcom details plans for 25th anniversary of Street Fighter - $500,000 in tournament support Capcom is planning on offering $500,000 in tournament support funds in honor of Street Fighter's 25th anniversary. This is one of several new details shared on Capcom-Europe's website about what will take place this year.

Today we’re revealing exciting long term plans and activities for the Street Fighter franchise, including the upcoming Street Fighter X Tekken. 2012, the Year of the Dragon, marks a major milestone for one of the premier video game franchises of all time. As a way of celebrating the 25th Anniversary of Street Fighter, we plan to give back to our loyal fan base by hosting numerous international tournaments honoring the series. Additionally, we will be releasing Street Fighter X Tekken which features action-packed long-term DLC support, new characters on the PS Vita and even an upcoming fighting competition reality show!

Street Fighter X Tekken, robust DLC plans

Releasing soon on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 Street Fighter X Tekken is the newest addition to the Street Fighter family and will rely heavily on player feedback as a way to enhance and evolve the experience. Exciting new features and additions will be consistently introduced, allowing fans of the game to tap into a wide variety of robust Downloadable Content (DLC) options that will breathe new life into the product. The retail version of Street Fighter X Tekken will be the only disc-based version consumers will need to own and all future upgrades will come from post-launch DLC.

$500,000 in tournament money, streamlined gem selection

In celebration of the 25th Anniversary of Street Fighter and the upcoming new product launch, Capcom is in the process of organizing a series of tournaments throughout the year in locations across the globe, providing cash and prizes totaling over $500,000. These high-stakes tournaments feature the upcoming Street Fighter X Tekken game, in addition to previous titles from the highly-acclaimed Street Fighter catalogue. More details on the specific territories and tournament structure will be coming soon. [Note: The grand finals will take place in December 2012.]

In order to provide the most intense fighting experience possible, the Street Fighter X Tekken development team is working closely with the tournament community and organizers to offer a post-launch game update that will help streamline the Gem selection process for competitive players. A customized gameplay experience is at the heart of the new game, and the innovative Gem system adds an extra level of depth and provides a pioneering way to experience fighting games.

12 new characters in SFxT on PlayStation Vita

Also joining in on the 25th Anniversary festivities, 12 new fan-favorite Street Fighter X Tekken characters have been selected to be introduced in the PS Vita system version of the game when it releases later this year. Fighting their way into the handheld world of Street Fighter X Tekken, from the Street Fighter side… Blanka, Cody, Dudley, Elena, Guy and Sakura will be playable and from Tekken…, Alisa Bosconovitch, Bryan Fury, Christie Monteiro, Jack, Lars Alexandersson and Lei Wulong will all make their debut on the PS Vita system.

Cross Assault reality show

Additionally, Capcom is excited to be collaborating with iPlayWinner and Team Sp00ky to deliver the first ever fighting-game-centered internet reality show, completely LIVE. “Cross Assault” begins airing on February 22, 2012 and will feature 10 players (split between Team Street Fighter and Team Tekken) who compete for pride, fame and a grand prize of $25,000. Competing on Capcom’s next premier fighting game, Street Fighter X Tekken, players will receive strategic advice from the coaches and must work together as a team to find the most effective strategies to win team challenges, or risk elimination. Capcom is working closely with IGN to bring this innovative fighting game experience to fans everywhere. Tune in to www.ign.com/crossassault/ and… FIGHT!

Street Fighter X Tekken launches in North America on March 6, 2012 and March 9, 2012 in Europe. A PC version of Street Fighter X Tekken is due for release on May 11, 2012 and the PS Vita system version is slated for this autumn. More details on the PC and PS Vita system versions will be announced in the near future.
  • intalect
    intalect Members Posts: 674 ✭✭
    Options
    ? capcom my main (bryan )will be released as dlc for the console version hopefully before the vita version
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    Options
    lol I pre-ordered the special edition 2, can't wait to murder cats with the heiachi/akuma combo
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    intalect wrote:
    ? capcom my main (bryan )will be released as dlc for the console version hopefully before the vita version

I think they gonna release a DLC update of the game with the 12 new characters
  • Bcotton5
    Options
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    lmao man, the Tekken team has no chance in Cross Assault these ? are free in 2d games
  • imm0rt4l
    Options
    That ? Kor was such a waste of ? space, I didn't even see the whole day but his match vs Renic was ? pathetic. Dude didn't even backdash once, he was holding up back all day and as a result was air thrown by Hugo all day. No fundamentals AT ALL. I'm sure their are Tekken players out their who can play 2d fighters competently enough to be on this. I hope the other dudes aint as bad.
  • Alkindus
    Options
    Yo so whatsup with all the gem packs? I pre ordered the special edition(EU version) and from what I understand the gems allow for more powerfull moves>(kinda like the oldskool Soul Calibur games where you unlocked stronger weapons)?

and whatsup with the character roster? the vita getting 12 extra characters? how bout us ps3 cats? We've seen a trailer of Akuma vs. Ogre, but I don't see them in the character selection pic?
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    lmao Dr Sub Zero, this reality show is so flawed , it doesnt even make sense how players are eliminated

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc6JEBs_xTU

• Bcotton5
    Options
    Mike Ross and Jago salty runback tomorrow LMAO

Capcom putting in work with the promo for this game

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/feb/22/high-profile-street-fighter-x-tekken-matches-saturday-sponsored-twitchtv/

22_twitchmatches.jpg

Ben at TwitchTV just dropped this note over to us about some high profile Street Fighter X Tekken matches that will be taking place this weekend during the Cross Assault reality TV show.

Today TwitchTV announces a partnership with Capcom to bring you five high-profile Street Fighter X Tekken Show Matches, to be played LIVE, this Saturday at 8 p.m. PST, during the Cross Assault reality show event. We've gathered a strong line-up of amazing players, all of whom will be competing for a prize purse of $1,000 per match.

• coL.cc Mike Ross vs. FC Jago
    • WW|Ryan Hart vs. EG Ricky Ortiz
    • Filthie Rich vs. Flash Metroid
    • TS|Arturo Sanchez vs. coL.cc|Combofiend
    • Rip vs. MYK

The aim of the TwitchTV Top Player Assault is to showcase Capcom’s upcoming brawler, Street Fighter X Tekken, by pitting premiere fighting game community members who represent the two franchises, in what should make for highly entertaining matches. We’re thrilled to be able to bring high-level play and top caliber fighting talent to the Cross Assault reality show and look forward to bringing the hype in the days to come!

You can use our handy stream directory to keep tabs on Cross Assault, and many other streams in the community as well.
  • Alkindus
    Options
    any of you playing SCV? I think Namco's already busy with implementing/experimenting with Tekken vs. SF gameplay, they introduced Ultras/SS in SC (down forward,down forward R2 lol), I gotta say I can't wait for a great 3D SF, I think Namco can pull it of.

anway did some research regarding the Gem packs and it seems like you can get some serious advantages with those gems, like 30 seconds long higher speed, damage input etc, the gems will give us an edge lol, not sure if thats good for balance online/offline
  • imm0rt4l
    Options
    Harada said that he believes Street Fighter ex would be a good template for tekken x sf.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
    Options
    poison-header.jpg

poisonsstick01-560x420.jpg

*Waits for Capcom to release a statement saying that wasn't deliberate*
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so they are coming out with a tekken vs street fighter in the style of tekken right?