Street Fighter X Tekken

Options

Comments

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Excellent Adventures of Mike Ross & Clakey D - season 5 ep. 7 - Street Fighter X Tekken: Shine blocking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rYgLbj6aUqU
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rented It For A Day And Beat The All The Story Modes...Saved 58 Dollars
  • imm0rt4l
    imm0rt4l Members Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    DofDR.gif

Exs6R.gif

At least it's not Marvel.
  • vespesianus
    vespesianus Members Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol why you hate it so much imm0rt4l? If you take out the chains and gems it's basically 2 on 2 SFIV
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Lol why you hate it so much imm0rt4l? If you take out the chains and gems it's basically 2 on 2 SFIV

lol the only thing SF4 like about this game is the character models
  • imm0rt4l
    imm0rt4l Members Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options

I actually don't hate the game at all, I am dissapointed with it though. Guys like Mike Ross and Flash Metroid hyped the ? outta this game. It's an ok game, you're nowhere near as likely to get scrubbed out like in sf4. But sf4 is a game about nuances and knowing matchups and setups. The game system for SFxtk, I find to be reductive. The entry barrier is really low in comparison, magic series, and it's a bore to watch. I was more posting those pics because they're funny, stream monsters don't like the game, and I'm kinda indifferent. Relatively speaking I think sfxtk is actually a decent competitive game, whereas Marvel is a really poor one. Too bad this game doesn't have the hype that marvel has.

*plays very casually while waiting for Accent core and Vampire Savior 4.

word
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    Options
    lol game has been collectin dust for a couple of weeks now, it's fun but not a serious fighter
  • Bcotton5
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Excellent Adventures of Mike Ross & Clakey D - season 5 ep. 8 - Street Fighter X Tekken: The curse

Mike Ross and Clakey D pick up where they left off continuing their run of online Street Fighter X Tekken matches. The guys left off with a big winning streak, will they be able to keep it going, and can this duo find a steady stream of online matches? Find out in this latest bit from Cross Counter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKI-oCKWfRE
  • vespesianus
    Options

So what you're saying is, none of the links from SFIV made it into this game?? There are no pokes or frame traps or anti-airs in this game? There's no zoning in this game? Cross ups are a huge part of SFIV, you're saying there are no cross ups in this game?? I could keep going.

Come on man... I ain't sayin they're identical, but there is a lot of the philosophy of SFIV in this game.

Plus it adds more complexity with things like rolling, juggling and tagging. Imm0rt4l, chains aren't even that useful, cripples damage horribly and you can only ex cancel them, unless I get it by accident I don't even use them. It's no more boring that SFIV to watch. The stream monsters don't like it because they are all sheep and if a few people don't like it then everyone won't like it. Plus there's some resentment at the way Capcom were shoving it down our throats pre-release, and then the whole DLC fiasco. I agree with you, it's a much more competitive game than Marvel, and if people got behind the game, then it'd be more successful. Right now, it's gonna sink without a trace.
  • Bcotton5
    Options

So what you're saying is, none of the links from SFIV made it into this game?? There are no pokes or frame traps or anti-airs in this game? There's no zoning in this game? Cross ups are a huge part of SFIV, you're saying there are no cross ups in this game?? I could keep going.

Come on man... I ain't sayin they're identical, but there is a lot of the philosophy of SFIV in this game.

Plus it adds more complexity with things like rolling, juggling and tagging. Imm0rt4l, chains aren't even that useful, cripples damage horribly and you can only ex cancel them, unless I get it by accident I don't even use them. It's no more boring that SFIV to watch. The stream monsters don't like it because they are all sheep and if a few people don't like it then everyone won't like it. Plus there's some resentment at the way Capcom were shoving it down our throats pre-release, and then the whole DLC fiasco. I agree with you, it's a much more competitive game than Marvel, and if people got behind the game, then it'd be more successful. Right now, it's gonna sink without a trace.

I wouldnt even call them links theres like a 10 frame window to hit links in this game, in SF4 you feel a sense of accomplishment if you could do a tough combo

The characters are almost as stiff and slow as a Mortal Kombat game . Frame traps in this game= lol

In SF4 every character played different and had their own identity, match up knowledge was a huge deal . In this game most characters are just better or worse versions of each other.

Anti airs are trash in this game, jumping is encouraged .

The rolling didnt add any complexity it took away from the game , just made it even more turtle friendly. The roll should have a few recovery frames or be vulnerable to throws. Capcom implemented it so there wouldnt be any vortexes like in SF4.

In SF4 if you get knocked down you have to know youre opponents set ups and how to deal with them. In this game you just roll away for free
  • vespesianus
    Options

I wouldnt even call them links theres like a 10 frame window to hit links in this game, in SF4 you feel a sense of accomplishment if you could do a tough combo

The characters are almost as stiff and slow as a Mortal Kombat game . Frame traps in this game= lol

In SF4 every character played different and had their own identity, match up knowledge was a huge deal . In this game most characters are just better or worse versions of each other.

Anti airs are trash in this game, jumping is encouraged .

The rolling didnt add any complexity it took away from the game , just made it even more turtle friendly. The roll should have a few recovery frames or be vulnerable to throws. Capcom implemented it so there wouldnt be any vortexes like in SF4.

In SF4 if you get knocked down you have to know youre opponents set ups and how to deal with them. In this game you just roll away for free

Lol some links are harder than others, yeah I'm sure there are some 10 frame links, but I know there are much much tighter ones too. My point wasn't even about the difficulty of the links but the fact that the same links that were in SFIV were in this game (plus new ones too). Besides, having 1-2 frame links is just stupid anyway, harder to play =/= better game. You don't feel any satisfaction from doing tough combos in this game? Lol, go finish every mission in mission mode or whatever it's called if this game is so easy.

Again, yeah some characters are stiff and slow, I'm thinking Hugo, Ogre, Marduk etc. But other characters are quite dynamic and fast. I'd say that ON AVERAGE the gameplay is faster than SFIV anyway, but I suppose that's a matter of opinion.

Every character played different and had their own identity yes, that's because since 2009 they've had 3 years to form their identities and playstyles. This game hasn't even been out half a year, give it time.

Yes, anti airs aren't great *shrugs*, you could argue that in SFIV they were too easy. But that's another argument.

See, I disagree about the rolling. Makes rushdown players actually work for the victory instead of putting the opponent in the corner and just hammering them to death. Besides, it adds more depth to the game, you have to anticipate which way they're gonna roll, and of course you can punish them if you guess right. Mike Ross is great at predicting and punishing rolls. You still have set ups, just different kinds of set ups. Which is fine, because it's a different game.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    The Excellent Adventures of Mike Ross & Clakey D Season 5 Ep. 9 - SFxT: BRING ME IN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r758Wd4_Ejs
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Excellent Adventures - Rawr: 7 Lives - The tale of M. "Turo" Ross & Kuro D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Qd-TKKRY6ng

Clakey D is back! And so is the tea! But have our heroes grown too powerful for their challengers? After an impressive display of talent Mike and Clakey decide to bring out their Evo team, which they have been holding back, for fear that other competitors would soon steal their new tech
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Juri got nerfed lol I aint played this game in a minute I missed like the last 2 patches.

Street Fighter X Tekken patch notes, infinites, frame data and more addressed

The SFxT team has just sent us word a gameplay patch will hit 360/PS3 in mid May. The final date is still to be determined, but we do have the list of changes that'll take effect when the patch arrives...

Kazuya Restand glitch infinite combo has been removed.

Kuro cr.MP infinite has been removed.

Xiaoyu QCB MP infinite has been removed.

Pacman Hit back on LP and LK has been changed so infinite has been removed.

Jin Chop Kick Glitch on mid air opponents has been fixed.

When first hit of Kazama Style 6 Hit Combo is a counter hit, Jin is at +2F now.

Ogre Damage properties of cr.HP have been changed so follow ups are now not possible.

Juri Senpusha's frames on block have been changed to below:

L ver. stand block -5F

M ver. stand block -10F

M ver. crouch block -10F

Shikusen causes opponents to be pushed back less far when blocked.

Rufus Falcon Kick (dive kick) properties have been changed:

Hurt box added to his feet and the move no longer crosses up easily.

Frames on block have been modified to -4F

Zangief Last hit of Quick Double Lariat (3rd hit) will no longer hit crouching opponents.

M.Bison 5th hit of his Super Art (Knee Press Nightmare) can now be blocked normally.

Jump/lever input bug Addresed issue where diagonal inputs/jumps did not come out properly.

Throw/Character Change glitch Fixed a bug for certain characters that allowed for them to get thrown when initiating a character switch.

Quick Combo Priority of command inputs has been changed so glitches that came from activating quick combos in the air have been removed.

We should have a solid date for you soon!
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    lol I was just watching that live
  • GTariq
    GTariq Members Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shoutouts to me getting destroyed on stream today in Strekken.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    you at Civil War?^^^
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Excellent Adventures - Rawr part 2: Last Life - The redemption of M. "Turo" Ross & Kuro D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lplRbwov5Qc

Cross Counter has uploaded the sequel to their Street Fighter X Tekken Excellent Adventures where Mike Ross and Clakey D play the Sony cats Turo and Kuro online. As before, the hitboxes and hurtboxes of each of these cats is a very interesting thing to note during matches. You can also catch a repeat of the rundown below.

Clakey D is back! And so is the tea! But have our heroes grown too powerful for their challengers? After an impressive display of talent Mike and Clakey decide to bring out their Evo team, which they have been holding back, for fear that other competitors would soon steal their new technology...

• Bcotton5
    Options
    Excellent Adventures of Mike Ross & Clakey D Season5 Ep. 12 GOING RANDOM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s523fvnG2cc&feature=relmfu

Clakey D is back! And so is the tea! But have our heroes grown too powerful for their challengers? After an impressive display of talent Mike and Clakey decide to bring out their Evo team, which they have been holding back, for fear that other competitors would soon steal their new technology... back! And so is the tea! But have our heroes grown too powerful for their challengers? After an impressive display of talent Mike and Clakey decide to bring out their Evo team, which they have been holding back, for fear that other competitors would soon steal their new technology...
  • GTariq
    GTariq Members Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

you at Civil War?^^^

I just got back...

• Bcotton5
    Options
    LianhuBBBs funny and cool moments #54

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAKab7f923Y&feature=player_embedded#!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8hyV_DT-H2g

Desk has uploaded a new Street Fighter X Tekken video today.

Here's the rundown from Desk.

Don't recall seeing any true, gemless 100% combos before. It may seem like you could just do Kazuya's infinite and KO someone but if you've tried that will know you don't get very close to 100% because damage scaling kicks in very quickly. The team super connects on hit 100, to guarantee max damage. In all, uses up 50 seconds of in game time, scores 120 hits & does 1054 damage.

The 2nd clip shows another example of comboing after a cinematic super. In this situation, it actually seems to be completely random who get's caught in the cinematic and thus, who can be combo'd afterwards. Ideally you want to catch the secondary character so that you can continue to beat up the point. In this case though, Hugo is free to punish. Extra, stupid frozen characters after KO, bonus!
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Excellent Adventures of Mike Ross & Clakey D season 5 ep. #13 - Street Fighter X Tekken: Solid play

Mike Ross and Clakey D pick up their Excellent Adventures again on Cross Counter TV with more Street Fighter X Tekken random select. They experience more of the lag beast, and a variety of different characters, in their latest video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VSifpNQ-eBA
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    • Melboune, Austrailia: Shadowloo Showdown 2012, May 4 - 6. Players that will be in attendance include MCZ|Tokido, TH|Poongko, EG|Justin Wong, AM|Gamerbee and plenty more. A live stream will be provided by Shadowloo HQ and will begin at 5 p.m. PDT / 12 a.m. GMT.

This is a must watch event, theres too many top players/international players to list that are there

• Columbus, Ohio: Season's Beatings Summer Slam, May 4 - 5.

Laugh Infiltration and pretty much all the other US players will be there

Im not 100% positive but I think Spooky is doing the stream for Seasons Beatings

• Osaka, Japan: KVO x GodsGarden Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, May 4. This event will be 1 vs. 1 Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 action. Final Round XV winner Kusoru and Kubodsgarden winner Cho have been invited to compete. A live stream will be provided by Iplaywinner and will begin at around 7:30 p.m. PDT / 2:30 a.m. GMT.

This is streaming right now on IPW