jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in Quite Comical
how would this go down?

Comments

• IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Apparently Magneto (at his best) can manipulate the inside of a person because of the iron from minerals, and can even change a planet's gravational push/pull. I don't know much about Manhunter so someone is gonna have to enlighten me on him.
  • jaxn
    edited January 2012
    Options
    J'onn has flight, superhuman strength, martian ray, telepathy, the ability to morph his body, phasing..he's pretty formidable. During the burning martian saga, Supes said he's one of the most powerful folks on the planet.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited January 2012
    Options
    mm takes this, as much as i like mags that ? mm a problem.

does mm even have iron in his blood?
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    magneto has surpassed his potential, word to him vs his younger clone.

manhunter for all the bs he can do, always gets knocked out pretty early in a jla fight...even b4 batman wtf?!
  • jaxn
    edited January 2012
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    magneto has surpassed his potential, word to him vs his younger clone.

manhunter for all the bs he can do, always gets knocked out pretty early in a jla fight...even b4 batman wtf?!

right..Magneto also controls the EM spectrum..dude is beastly. He would give Superman a good fight..his shields are damn near impenetrable
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Manhunter is >>Superman by his own admittance and is likely not to affected by Magneto's powers. Even if he is, he should be able to phase through his shield and/or speed blitz.
  • Rondre Sleaze Twin
    Rondre Sleaze Twin Members Posts: 368 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    If Dr. Polaris can take out Jonn so can Mags.
  • dalyricalbandit
    edited January 2012
    Options
    If mags gets his hands on some fire yea
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    As soon as Manhunter starts to look for Magneto using his powers he gonna get go "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!" and pass out.

Word to all of those Justice League episodes..
  • Grahf
    Grahf Members Posts: 344 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Mags....MM has jobbed way to many times. Though Mags has been on the receiving end of some classic physical and verbal pwnage. Cyttorak > Mag's powers.

a97d6430bb.jpg

Juggernaut's benefactor

f5938b988a.jpg
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    thats not no friggin juggernaut. who the hell was in that suit?
    juggernaut is dumb as a box of nails, I cant see him talking to magnus like that.
  • Triple B's
    Triple B's Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Grahf wrote: »
    Mags....MM has jobbed way to many times. Though Mags has been on the receiving end of some classic physical and verbal pwnage. Cyttorak > Mag's powers.

a97d6430bb.jpg

Juggernaut's benefactor

f5938b988a.jpg

That first scans is a "What If Xavier became the Juggernaut", so u gotta take that with a grain of salt
  • Grahf
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Mags wouldn't able to do much to Jugs esp when he's powered by Cyttorak. Cyttorak is an Elder ? . The only instance I've seen anyone literally stop the Jugs is War Hulk (inbued with Celestial tech via Apoc and in continuaty) Celestials > Elder Gods > Skyfathers > > > > Mags. ? we've seen Mags physically pwned by various folks mano a mano over the years. Mags still wins vs MM. MM is the dc equiv of SS in terms of real powerful jobbers who jobs out to everyone and their grandma (including Hispanic farmers). MM still isn't as bad as Spectre (and yes this was in continuity before the reboot)

7947cb0694.jpg
    6fb428fbea.jpg
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Yea Cyttorak IS strength aint nothing stopping Juggernaut, War Hulk only managed to divert his path he couldnt stop him

Collosus has Cyttoraks gem now
  • Bcotton5
    edited January 2012
    Options
    lol @ Spectre hes supposed to have ? 's power right?

I dont think Celestials are that high in terms of power, Galctus took out alot of them by himself

They say Dormammu is sky father level and hes defeated Eternity before

Shuma Gorath>all Celestials
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Shuma-Gorath apparently destorys universes (or galaxies) when he is in their domain..Shuma is a beast.

And it seems as if the general consesus is that Magneto wins.
  • dalyricalbandit
    edited January 2012
    Options
    as soon as manhunter starts to look for magneto using his powers he gonna get go "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!" and pass out.

word to all of those justice league episodes..

dead lmaoooooo
  • Bcotton5
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Ksmart wrote: »
    Shuma-Gorath apparently destorys universes (or galaxies) when he is in their domain..Shuma is a beast.

And it seems as if the general consesus is that Magneto wins.

you cant ? Shuma Gorath, Dr Strange found that out the hard way

Dormammu is a beast though people sleeping on him, he beat Eternity

He played Odin in a cosmic chess match
  • Grahf
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Yea Cyttorak IS strength aint nothing stopping Juggernaut, War Hulk only managed to divert his path he couldnt stop him

Collosus has Cyttoraks gem now

War did actually stop him. I actually copped the issue awhile back and you can literally see the total stoppage of jug's forward progression then Jugs being surprised as hell before he gets tossed. Though I don't think he could have done with that Trion Juggernaut. With the Celestials it really depends on which one, there were two outcast ones like the Dreaming Celstial Tiamut and the Black Celestial who were uber powerful. Esp Tiamut. Galactus gets pwned more times than Vulture. That's one of my fav cosmic characters but they just about made him jobber to everyone in the last 15 years lol. I wanna see them bring back Tyrant.
  • Rondre Sleaze Twin
    Rondre Sleaze Twin Members Posts: 368 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    War did actually stop him. I actually copped the issue awhile back and you can literally see the total stoppage of jug's forward progression then Jugs being surprised as hell before he gets tossed. Though I don't think he could have done with that Trion Juggernaut. With the Celestials it really depends on which one, there were two outcast ones like the Dreaming Celstial Tiamut and the Black Celestial who were uber powerful. Esp Tiamut. Galactus gets pwned more times than Vulture. That's one of my fav cosmic characters but they just about made him jobber to everyone in the last 15 years lol. I wanna see them bring back Tyrant.

Tyrant is the ? Even though he only shows up in less than 10 issues he had good feats. He dog wallked Beta Ray Bill, Gladsitor, Surfer, Jack of Harts, Terrax and Morg.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    lol @ Spectre hes supposed to have ? 's power right?

I dont think Celestials are that high in terms of power, Galctus took out alot of them by himself

They say Dormammu is sky father level and hes defeated Eternity before

Shuma Gorath>all Celestials

Yknow Thats something I never thought about.

SHuma Gorath is an eldritch abomination like basically Cthulu. Magic based and magic has crazy undefined limits. Celestials are cosmic power based and the cosmics seem to have a problem against dark magic *see Thanos Imperative*
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    MM would smash Mags y'all boys tripping!
  • DarkRaiden
    edited January 2012
    Options
    How can slow, human durability, can't harm Superman level beings MAgneto going to beat damn near Silver Surfer level, strong as Superman, fast as Superman, durable as Superman, can phase through solid objects, has telepathic abilities and no longer has a weakness to fire Martian Manhunter?? Please let me know how. And saying "he jobs' is not an argument. Magneto jobbed to a wooden gun.
  • Grahf
    edited January 2012
    Options
    DarkRaiden wrote: »
    How can slow, human durability, can't harm Superman level beings MAgneto going to beat damn near Silver Surfer level, strong as Superman, fast as Superman, durable as Superman, can phase through solid objects, has telepathic abilities and no longer has a weakness to fire Martian Manhunter?? Please let me know how. And saying "he jobs' is not an argument. Magneto jobbed to a wooden gun.

Actually jobber aura is a definite argument. Sure like I stated before Mags has jobbed but not at the extent that MM has. On paper Silver Surfer should beat just about anyone sub-abstract. But ? has jobbed to everyone and their grandma LITERALLY...Silver Surfer has the cosmic equivalent of a glass jaw. Both Mags and MM are a bit more durable though and in theory MM should win but we all saw he was gushing blood out the ying yang when Dr. Polaris pulled his card. In fact Dr. Polaris said something about Martians have a very high iron count before he pwned him lol. If they both knew each other's powers and fight history beforehand then I'd say Mags would have even a bigger edge. No TP edge for MM regardless and Mags has also ? up phasers before and his shield is tough as hell. If the shield is not up (doubtful) then MM would have to speed blitz from the get go. But seriously preboot, DC had MM as a gatekeeper status, if you want to prove how strong or cool your character is just throw Martian Manhunter to him, nobody cares about him. J'onn is the Frank Mir of comics. On paper he has all the tools and should win 8/10 fights but ends with getting clobbered.
  • DarkRaiden
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Actually jobber aura is a definite argument. Sure like I stated before Mags has jobbed but not at the extent that MM has. On paper Silver Surfer should beat just about anyone sub-abstract. But ? has jobbed to everyone and their grandma LITERALLY...Silver Surfer has the cosmic equivalent of a glass jaw. Both Mags and MM are a bit more durable though and in theory MM should win but we all saw he was gushing blood out the ying yang when Dr. Polaris pulled his card. In fact Dr. Polaris said something about Martians have a very high iron count before he pwned him lol. If they both knew each other's powers and fight history beforehand then I'd say Mags would have even a bigger edge. No TP edge for MM regardless and Mags has also ? up phasers before and his shield is tough as hell. If the shield is not up (doubtful) then MM would have to speed blitz from the get go. But seriously preboot, DC had MM as a gatekeeper status, if you want to prove how strong or cool your character is just throw Martian Manhunter to him, nobody cares about him. J'onn is the Frank Mir of comics. On paper he has all the tools and should win 8/10 fights but ends with getting clobbered.

No, jobber aura is not a legitimate argument. Silver Surfer jobs alot, yes. But if matched up with Hulk or Magneto or Iron Man he still wins, why? Because he should. His powers are stronger and better. The same with Martian Manhunter vs. Magneto.

Jobbing to Dr. Polaris once does not mean it's the same story every time. Magneto has nothing to hurt someone on Superman's level and thus he can't win.

And Magneto jobbed to Wolverine, wooden guns, and more.