edited January 2012
    judahxulu wrote: »
    i dont understand why u say that. plz elaborate

You're throwing pearls to swine man!
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    You're throwing pearls to swine man!

Dangit I was trying not to! We all still learning I guess...well some of us are.
  • judahxulu
    edited January 2012
    No, no not at all you see it's more like throwing swine, to pearls.

How so? What does that mean?
  • judahxulu
    edited January 2012
    See, you did it again.
    Did what? All I did was say the truth. Some people can't, don't want to or don't feel the need to learn. I'm not in opposition to them. It just is what it is.
  • judahxulu
    edited January 2012
    HINT:

doing this on msg. Bd. Or letting it happen on msg. Bd./forums, can't ever = satanic

And no narrating/cosigning, swine, will ever throw you such a pearl my friend

No it can't. But everybody ain't here to learn. Some are sent to disrupt certain subjects. The patterns of this is evident.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    you can guess but to say for sure and make a firm assertion is egocentric and adversarial. satanic.

So religion is satanic in its firm assertions and egocentric attitudes?

Esepecially since it, most of the time, has been proven to go against truth and what actually is/has been
  • Bodhi
    edited January 2012
    I come here mostly to debate but in the process I learn new ideas from time to time. I'm only on during work so I don't always have time to read through or watch EVERYTHING or else I'd be a lot more involved.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    oh yeah u right in the lions den working at a law firm. the film the devils advocate comes to mind @ the point where pacino was alluding to lawyers being a demonic priesthood of sorts.

side note: why kobe look like an emaciated charlie murphy in your avi?

Yeah I see the effects of greed when people call me (I'm a paralegal) and people are close to crying about the fees they pay us to help keep their home from foreclosure. Worst is that we can't help everyone, the lawyers know it, and yet clients call for help anyway. It's a crazy feeling I get when I have to lie to people at times......I do right every chance I can though

As far as Kobe, I dont know lol maybe I should change the avy. He's the best Bball player alive (averaging 31.3 ppg, 4 straight 40+ games so far), so he gets a pass for anything now.
  • beenwize
    beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    edited January 2012

Esepecially since it, most of the time, has been proven to go against truth and what actually is/has been

true, i wish many ppl will begin to overstand this...
  • judahxulu
    edited January 2012
    So religion is satanic in its firm assertions and egocentric attitudes?

Yeah it is satanic. Its divisive. Religions take spiritual concepts, alter them and then build geo-political power bases around a personality and fear.
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    no theyre not. thats darwinian ? . some ar- some aint. and the organisms that are in competition be on some life and death ? - not clashing over concepts. were different because we have the capacity to create a new paradigm on this planet, in this lifetime. other organisms dont have that kind of potentiality.

Going by the definition you proposed, you're being satanic now.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Dangit I was trying not to! We all still learning I guess...well some of us are.
    It was funny because the whole thread was about the adversarial spirit, to which it reared it's head, and then you engaged it lol.
  • judahxulu
    edited January 2012
    Going by the definition you proposed, you're being satanic now.

Difference between offering clarity and being adversarial. The moral of my post was we need unity. I must have conveyed it wrong
  • judahxulu
    edited January 2012
    It was funny because the whole thread was about the adversarial spirit, to which it reared it's head, and then you engaged it lol.

I know right. That's how subtle and strong that ego ? is.
  • High Revolutionary
    edited January 2012
    Difference between offering clarity and being adversarial. The moral of my post was we need unity. I must have conveyed it wrong

In that case I agree wholeheartedly.

A few things:

-I applaud your humility.

-We'll never agree on everything. And that goes for not just black people but every ethnic group on the planet. Mao Zedong killed millions of Chinese in order to unite China under one authoritative rule. I'm not saying that's the way to go but that is just an example of the lengths people of the same ethnic group will go, to silence another person's viewpoint. There are things I don't like within our community but I'll let slide because there are bigger issues facing us as a people and fighting these smaller battles only weaken us for the bigger battles. Not only that but by winning the bigger battles we automatically win the smaller ones. I think they call that losing battles but winning the war.

-I feel that we are all works in progress and will continue to be until we die. We are imperfect by nature, and the ego is a ? , but that doesn't mean we shouldn't keep on trying to be the best we can be. For example my ego is probably what prompted me to respond to you the way I did, but I at least try to be cognizant of it and check myself.
  • judahxulu
    edited January 2012
    In that case I agree wholeheartedly.

A few things:

-I applaud your humility.

-We'll never agree on everything. And that goes for not just black people but every ethnic group on the planet. Mao Zedong killed millions of Chinese in order to unite China under one authoritative rule. I'm not saying that's the way to go but that is just an example of the lengths people of the same ethnic group will go, to silence another person's viewpoint. There are things I don't like within our community but I'll let slide because there are bigger issues facing us as a people and fighting these smaller battles only weaken us for the bigger battles. Not only that but by winning the bigger battles we automatically win the smaller ones.

-I feel that we are all works in progress and will continue to be until we die. We are imperfect by nature, and the ego is a ? , but that doesn't mean we shouldn't keep on trying to be the best we can be. For example my ego is probably what prompted me to respond to you the way I did, but I at least try to be cognizant of it and check myself.

EXACTLY @ the bolded. whats the point of hating on or dickriding some ? that happened thousands of years ago when the kidnapped afrikan is at the top of the heap in terms of incarceration, dis-ease and family dysfunction? how long we gone try to coast by jocking ancient hebrews, egyptians, chines, south africans or whoever and not build something NOW? we have the distinct advantage 9in some ways the distinct handicap) of living in the information age where we can look back at all that ? and see where they ? up and how they came up when their civilization was on top.i view anything or anyone that consciously interferes with this process within my circle of influence (including self) with suspicion.

That bickering ? got its place on this site but I aint on that. I can fully respect somebody else opinion and expect to see it in a sub-forum related to serious topics. but when people be trying to pass that ? off as fact i dont dig it. it is what it is though.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited January 2012
    I know this one is
  • High Revolutionary
    edited January 2012
    EXACTLY @ the bolded. whats the point of hating on or dickriding some ? that happened thousands of years ago when the kidnapped afrikan is at the top of the heap in terms of incarceration, dis-ease and family dysfunction? how long we gone try to coast by jocking ancient hebrews, egyptians, chines, south africans or whoever and not build something NOW? we have the distinct advantage 9in some ways the distinct handicap) of living in the information age where we can look back at all that ? and see where they ? up and how they came up when their civilization was on top.i view anything or anyone that consciously interferes with this process within my circle of influence (including self) with suspicion.

That bickering ? got its place on this site but I aint on that. I can fully respect somebody else opinion and expect to see it in a sub-forum related to serious topics. but when people be trying to pass that ? off as fact i dont dig it. it is what it is though.

Well, it's easier to sit around and complain and argue over minutiae than actually do something significant. Doing the latter takes courage and there is an element of danger involved.

But I think one of the first things that needs to be done is to get black people to really love themselves. A lot of us suffer from low self esteem which is why we expect so little. And I think that was the purpose of shining light on the Egyptians , Hebrews, etc. However esteem shouldn't stop with history.
  • Bodhi
    edited January 2012
    Yeah it is satanic. Its divisive. Religions take spiritual concepts, alter them and then build geo-political power bases around a personality and fear.

This forum is based on religion. Add race in there which is a touchy subject from the get-go and this forum in particular is bound to have differences in opinions.
  • Bodhi
    edited January 2012
    Speaking of satanic, usually I don't acknowledge this ? but who is this guy that keeps following me around and making threads about me? I thought it was PuPu but I could be mistaken
  • judahxulu
    edited January 2012
    This forum is based on religion. Add race in there which is a touchy subject from the get-go and this forum in particular is bound to have differences in opinions.

but my question is this: can it not be a difference of opinions without it escalating to adversarial-ism? its too much of people pushing their perspective by going on attack mode. and the rules of the sub-forum do say ANTAGONISM WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. i think ? really dont be having an understanding of or any virtuew to their perspective and just be on the prowl to troll.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    but my question is this: can it not be a difference of opinions without it escalating to adversarial-ism? its too much of people pushing their perspective by going on attack mode.

It's the whole cast of Job's story in here imo. Everything goes the ways it's suppose to for maximized learning opportunity. Sure it's frustrating when the topic you would like to discuss is lost in battle, but still there is great understanding to be had there.....

feel like I'm preachin to the choir when versing with you lol
  • judahxulu
    edited January 2012
    It's the whole cast of Job's story in here imo. Everything goes the ways it's suppose to for maximized learning opportunity. Sure it's frustrating when the topic you would like to discuss is lost in battle, but still there is great understanding to be had there.....

feel like I'm preachin to the choir when versing with you lol

iron sharpens iron.sometimes the choir needs a sermn more than the whole congregation.
  • judahxulu
    edited January 2012
    Yes indeed and especially when 'the preacher' is an expert at being a, follower, who simply can not stand to Lead.

lol....u got something u need to say? im all ears...er..eyes.
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    People need to understand the spirit concept then they would never think they are safe. People also need to understand that the biblical ? is not for everyone and that some just have a different perception of what or who ? is. Finally, people need to understand that just because someone does not share your same views about ? that does not make them satanic or atheist. The so-called good guys are just as much of the problem when it comes to just liking to argue as the so-called bad guys. Neither have concrete proof, but the so-called bad guys have more than the so-called good guys.